PDA

View Full Version : If you can't beat the sentinel then what do you do?

jon_funzio
08-19-2013, 09:56 AM
The title says it all - are you limited to hitting the castle gate or does a finite number of failed attacks defeat the sentinel?

zwoeloem
08-19-2013, 10:34 AM
well, I'd give up...

grtz
zwoeloem
Airblade guild :p

Regius
08-19-2013, 11:59 AM
You can wait so your power is full for next battle or you can try bash the gate. hoping your opponent has a lot of inactive players

YawNeD
08-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Took down all sentinels except Rainbows PowerHouse :-) Gave up and saved my energy there :p
Some had to be power attacked ofcourse

EljayK
08-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Our guild fell into a habit. If our sentinel couldn't take theirs, I would power attack them, and everyone else would poor in after. If I didn't have a power attack available, we used the hour to refill energy and hit the next guild hard.

Issaquah
08-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Only happened once to us. We did a quick hit on the gate for a few points then declared immeditely after. It did appear to happen to our opponents early on. I think that was a matching bug as we got faced a 1-person and 3-person guild (we were top 25).

KayOrzz
08-19-2013, 02:09 PM
scratch the gate and refill energy for next war :o

jonny0284
08-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Never once attacked a Sentinel. :)

Belimah
08-19-2013, 02:36 PM
This happened to us in our very first battle, and again in our last battle. We took out the guardian first, and then hit the gate a bunch. Won both of those, the last by about 200 points, I think.

Nicco
08-19-2013, 02:44 PM
If you can't beat the sentinel... YOU BEAT THE SENTINEL. In his sleep. With a stick.

Revelate
08-21-2013, 12:56 AM
If you can't beat the sentinel... YOU BEAT THE SENTINEL. In his sleep. With a stick.

Hah.

I think for most of the competitive guilds this'll be a less common issue once the full range of members (in theory) have access to GW, where element matchups can be chosen with a little more efficiency.

With few exceptions even the top 10 guilds ran across a sentinel or two which simply weren't takeable with the current armor distribution for the players that were able to access the game at the time; on the other hand we had leadership failing on one sent on a match that I could access, and I simply had a fantastic counter for his line up as a commander and managed to win on a normal fight.

It'll become a more engaging mechanic I think once guilds can get more than 5-7 players in at a time, and once Gree's finished what appears to be their leveling the playing field from an armor perspective, at least if you play enough or spend enough gems to level all the armor choices that are being thrown at us currently.

Lieda
08-21-2013, 01:46 AM
Mostly I was ok with it, some tough as "omg",

Id sent someone weak to know their armors setup and go all counter id possible, or power attack, or go nap and come back for hitting next guild with power attack o_O

ppownage
08-21-2013, 02:52 AM

hahaha xD crazy unicorns :P