PDA

View Full Version : What buildings should i still have?

Transmitter
08-18-2013, 11:43 AM
I was just wondering what buildings are still worth keeping. I'm currently lvl 60 and want to increase my IPH. I'll just like all the income buildings and levels, and if anyone could please just tell if I should sell or get more/upgrade buildings.
Thanks!

Laundromat x2: lvl 7 l Pizza Parlor x2: lvl 5 l Fish Store x2: lvl 2 l Souvenir Store x2: lvl 6
T-shirt Stand x2: lvl 5 l Warehouse x2: lvl 9,6 l Comedy Club x2: lvl 1 l Clothing Story x2: lvl 3
Beachside Inn x1: lvl 1 l History Museum x2: lvl 3 l Chinese Restaurant x2: lvl 4 l Seadfood Restaurant x2: lvl 3 l Meat factory x2: lvl 2 l Italian Restaurant x2: lvl 3 l Arcade x2: lvl 6,7 l Gas Station x2: lvl 5 l Internet Company x2, lvl 1,2 l Beach nightclub x1: lvl 1 l Loft x1: lvl 1 l Shoe Shop x 1: lvl 2

I have an income of 30k an hour

Just give me a heads up on what buildings I should sell (if i should sell) and what buildings I should put more money into.

Thanks in advance!

Dipstik
08-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Get rid of all of them.

_Drifter
08-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Get rid of all of them.

This may seem like trolling, but is actually good advice. All those buildings listed are junk and upgrading any of them is not really helpful for increasing IPH.

hoe
08-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Get rid of all of them.
lol my thoughts exactly

TMI
08-18-2013, 12:11 PM
i would keep the t-shirt stands and level up the ones that get due hourly or every couple hrs cuz they're good for helping with case events when i need a couple bucks every few hours. i have recently found limited time buildings to be good as well. depending how often you log on, nightclubs i like too. in general, my advice would be to focus on 6/12/24 hour buildings, depending how often you log on. to save up for the limited time buildings, upscale clubs, etc. i'd try to rob ppl. if you are seriously dedicated, go through your rival list with a pen and paper; write down all the names that you go to rob, make a list of crappy iph rivals, and a list of "cashcows" (good iph rivals). after a few hours of going through your rival list, you should have a number of cashcows. then anytime you log on, search for these cashcows, this will help with obtaining money to buy the limited time buildings, etc.
so in summary, i find the limited time buildings are good for iincreasing iph. :)

OneHoop
08-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Pretty rough going here. Buy houses and upgrade one to L4 and then the other to L4 and then alternate until you have enough for loft upgrade to L3, then alternate upgrades of t-shirts until you have enough for a second loft to L3. Then upgrade Beachside Inn and Internet Companies (max L5) to get both of your lofts to L4, and then start saving for your nightclubs. Try not to gain any experience points during this unless you are getting 3stat/xp. If you need to upgrade other buildings while you are saving, use Italian Restaurants and/or buy Movie Theaters. Other buildings worth taking to L5 are Dominican Restaurants and Upscale Clubs (available at LV70). You might want to buy the Dominicans now and fit their upgrades in (to LV5) along with the Beachside Inn and Internet Companies, upgrading whatever is cheapest at the time. Tis true that most everything you have is poopy though, if you've thought about starting over.

Sorry, and good luck,
M@

OneHoop
08-18-2013, 12:21 PM
PS

TMI apparently didn't read the 30k IPH part. The advice on supplemental income is valid however.

Also, don't delete anything until you need the space and then only when you have something better to replace it with. Built is built, and it's not so much that it's a pain to collect. But nothing there outside the Loft is inherently worth upgrading. My advice is based upon the situation you are in. It's going to be almost impossible to build nightclubs based entirely upon robs, so keep collecting what you've got already.

c00guy
08-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Get 2 L4 lofts and 2 L6 movie theaters. Then save $40 mil for an NC. Dont delete any buildings yet

zwiswoo
08-18-2013, 12:51 PM
- There's no reason to delete what you've already got unless you're out of space.
- Get two movie theaters stat. You've got enough income to buy them in a hurry. (Upgrade them like so: buy and take to level 2, buy another and take to level 2, then alternate theaters to upgrade.)
- Take your loft to L2 then buy another.
- Use your lofts and movie theaters to get your hourly income up to 80-100k. At that point you can start saving for a nightclub and get there comfortably in under a month.

murf
08-18-2013, 01:08 PM
- There's no reason to delete what you've already got unless you're out of space.
- Get two movie theaters stat. You've got enough income to buy them in a hurry. (Upgrade them like so: buy and take to level 2, buy another and take to level 2, then alternate theaters to upgrade.)
- Take your loft to L2 then buy another.
- Use your lofts and movie theaters to get your hourly income up to 80-100k. At that point you can start saving for a nightclub and get there comfortably in under a month.

This is good advice...also get some Dominicans and you can mix them into the upgrades as well...I think if you can have your Lofts at L5, MTs at L7 and Dominicans at L5, that will set you up nicely to start saving for your NC....

and if you can collect 18hrs, the Wholesale Warehouse is a great low level buildings, but only if you can collect it somewhat regularly...you can then take this to L4/L5

If you need to save for any of the above upgrades, if you can collect 5 or more a day I'd use your Italians as your save upgrade....if you are a twice a day collector, then go with Houses as your save upgrade

When you get to L70, buy some Upscales and work them into your priority upgrade schedule...

That should keep you busy for awhile.

murf
08-18-2013, 01:15 PM
I forgot to add Brownstones...if you have room these are a good low-level building, although I never really get around to upgrade these...on my top 2 accounts, both have 2 L3 Brownstones...so not def not a priority, but a decent building to have at the lower levels....

Vile Lynn
08-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Keep them all!

If GREE ever puts out another PvP LTQ with robbing quests everybody will love you!! :cool:

zwiswoo
08-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Agree with murf about Dominicans and wholesale warehouses. They are good upgrades, especially out to about level 5. They won't give you as much money as lofts and MTs, but you need upgrades in between your main upgrades so you're not idling upgrade times, and these are fine buildings. If you can tapjoy yourself 20 gold, maybe you can get two smoke shops. They have an eight hour collection cycle, but the upgrades are very fast and cheap, and they give respectable cash, sort of like Dominicans.

Also, figure out whether you can get away without banking cash. If yes (search the site for info) then that's a 10% boost on income right there. Are your defense stats good? One more thing, it's not a bad idea (imo) to cultivate some three or one hour building for ready cash, especially if you bank. I like underboss houses and art house cinemas for this. But all this is secondary. Mainly you got to build your nightclubs. And for that you need income, and for that you need mts and lofts.

sister morphine
08-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Also if you're not a tycoon, buy the Goodfella upgrade. It's the best gold spend in the game

Tamiel
08-18-2013, 09:23 PM
So... when I examine the hoods of some who are advocating "selling them all" I see some of those buildings still there. Apart from the 1-2xp/rob buildings for rob-trade are you keeping them for decorative purposes? :)

EDIT: My apologies if this seemed trollish and snide. I'm adding a smiley to indicate comicalness.

CCK-buttsy
08-19-2013, 09:01 AM
So... when I examine the hoods of some who are advocating "selling them all" I see some of those buildings still there. Apart from the 1-2xp/rob buildings for rob-trade are you keeping them for decorative purposes?are you a troll? People have their own opinion

murf
08-19-2013, 10:13 AM
So... when I examine the hoods of some who are advocating "selling them all" I see some of those buildings still there. Apart from the 1-2xp/rob buildings for rob-trade are you keeping them for decorative purposes?

If this is a serious question, there are 3 real reasons for this that I can think of:

1) players learn hood economics as they progress in the game, and by then you have a L7 Pizza Parlor, and there is no need to delete it unless you actually need the space

2) you are an uber-camper and in the beginning you only have a few buildings available to you, so having a L7 Pizza Parlor is very helpful at the very beginning stages of your hood...and then again, you don't need to delete it until you need the space

3) players like myself, where I set a personal goal to build 2 of each cash building in the game. It may not be economic to do a $150mm expansion to save my L7 Pizza Parlor, but this a goal I set, because I felt like doing it...

Tamiel
08-19-2013, 02:26 PM
My apologies if my last statement seemed trollish and snide.

I had had a fair amount to drink and probably should have stuck to the drunk thread. :)

Tamiel
08-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Thank you for the good information and advice!

BigMoney
08-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Pretty rough going here. Buy houses and upgrade one to L4 and then the other to L4 and then alternate until you have enough for loft upgrade to L3, then alternate upgrades of t-shirts until you have enough for a second loft to L3. Then upgrade Beachside Inn and Internet Companies (max L5) to get both of your lofts to L4, and then start saving for your nightclubs. Try not to gain any experience points during this unless you are getting 3stat/xp. If you need to upgrade other buildings while you are saving, use Italian Restaurants and/or buy Movie Theaters. Other buildings worth taking to L5 are Dominican Restaurants and Upscale Clubs (available at LV70). You might want to buy the Dominicans now and fit their upgrades in (to LV5) along with the Beachside Inn and Internet Companies, upgrading whatever is cheapest at the time. Tis true that most everything you have is poopy though, if you've thought about starting over.

Sorry, and good luck,
M@

This is good advice, except I think Internet Companies are terrible investments. I never bothered with Beachside Inns either. It's been so long since I had a **** IPH (right before I started coming to the forums, actually!) that it's hard to remember, but I believe I followed a trajectory like this:

[large mass of ****ty buildings] + [houses, t-shirts stands, italian restaurants] --> Movie Theaters to L4-5 --> Lofts to L3-4 + Dominicans to L5 + Upscale Clubs and Churchs to L3-5 --> Nightclubs.

Then I kept upgrading NCs, and occasionally churches/upscale clubs/lofts 1-2 times while saving for my next NC upgrade. Then LTBs have come out, and 100% of my upgrades have gone to them, even over NCs (until recently, upgraded my NCs instead of a final Shiner Still upgrade). Was going to upgrade my NCs again this LTB, but I think my NIS building is going to get robbed eventually no matter what, and it has a nice payout even if it is robbed. I think L5 was $11mil / 20 hours when not robbed, which is far better than the payout of any similarly priced (build+upgrade) buildings I believe.

Edit: just wanted to remark that no matter how ****ty your hood is, don't delete your **** buildings unless you need the space in your hood for better ones. Expand your hood when you have good buildings and no more room for more.

Edit 2: just wanted to mention that robberies were a large portion of my daily income when I was low-level. I paid for my Movie Theater almost entirely with robbed cash.

another player
08-19-2013, 04:21 PM
I was just wondering what buildings are still worth keeping. I'm currently lvl 60 and want to increase my IPH. I'll just like all the income buildings and levels, and if anyone could please just tell if I should sell or get more/upgrade buildings.
Thanks!

Laundromat x2: lvl 7 l Pizza Parlor x2: lvl 5 l Fish Store x2: lvl 2 l Souvenir Store x2: lvl 6
T-shirt Stand x2: lvl 5 l Warehouse x2: lvl 9,6 l Comedy Club x2: lvl 1 l Clothing Story x2: lvl 3
Beachside Inn x1: lvl 1 l History Museum x2: lvl 3 l Chinese Restaurant x2: lvl 4 l Seadfood Restaurant x2: lvl 3 l Meat factory x2: lvl 2 l Italian Restaurant x2: lvl 3 l Arcade x2: lvl 6,7 l Gas Station x2: lvl 5 l Internet Company x2, lvl 1,2 l Beach nightclub x1: lvl 1 l Loft x1: lvl 1 l Shoe Shop x 1: lvl 2

I have an income of 30k an hour

Just give me a heads up on what buildings I should sell (if i should sell) and what buildings I should put more money into.

Thanks in advance!

if you need space (for sure i guess, you need space for LTBs), i would suggest to delete Warehouse, clothing store 1st. Warehouse is the worst for lvl 10 hr rate per square. clothing store has odd footage and low rate.

save all money for LTBs. if you don't want to waste the time while waiting. update some 4x4 buildings.

Jimmi
09-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Excuse me for "stealing" this thread.

I have followed the advise given here, and my current main buildings are 2x L2 Brownstone's, 2x L5 Dominican Restaurant's, 2x L5 Movie Theater's and 2x L2 Loft's. I am a Goodfella, and have the -30% buidling upgrade cost.

What level's should I aim to upgrade my Movie Theater's and Loft's to in order to comfortably save money towards purchasing the Nightclub?

The Fonz
09-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Excuse me for "stealing" this thread.

I have followed the advise given here, and my current main buildings are 2x L2 Brownstone's, 2x L5 Dominican Restaurant's, 2x L5 Movie Theater's and 2x L2 Loft's. I am a Goodfella, and have the -30% buidling upgrade cost.

What levels should I aim to upgrade my Movie Theaters and Lofts to in order to comfortably save money towards purchasing the Nightclub?
A few of the veterans have suggested taking both Movie Theaters to L7 and the Lofts to L5 before contemplating a NC purchase. For me, both of my MTs were at L4 and Lofts at L6 before I bought my first NC (part of my purchase was supplemented with income from robberies, but switching to a syn with max building output helped me quite a bit with reducing the time needed to accumulate the $40m asking price).

Jimmi
09-10-2013, 02:13 PM
but switching to a syn with max building output helped me quite a bit with reducing the time needed to accumulate the $40m asking price).

Can you please elaborate? I have tried looking at those available spreadsheets, if that's what you are referring to, but my mind started to wander after gazing at it for 10 mins :)

BigMoney
09-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Can you please elaborate? I have tried looking at those available spreadsheets, if that's what you are referring to, but my mind started to wander after gazing at it for 10 mins :)

He's referring to the fact that there is a +25% building output bonus available to syndicates. He's saying it took him less time to save the required $40mil for an NC once he switched to a syndicate that had this bonus purchased.

bald zeemer
09-10-2013, 02:29 PM
3) players like myself, where I set a personal goal to build 2 of each cash building in the game. It may not be economic to do a $150mm expansion to save my L7 Pizza Parlor, but this a goal I set, because I felt like doing it...
I have the same goal, but 5 buildings short I'm at a point where if I finished it off if instantly have to delete to fit in the LTBs. And I missed the GGBs and HMs.

Smokes
09-10-2013, 02:44 PM
To anyone out there who was around before syndicates, remember when $40 million for a NC seemed so far away and unobtainable. Seems like it was forever ago in the evolution of Crime City.

Max Power
09-10-2013, 02:51 PM
To anyone out there who was around before syndicates, remember when $40 million for a NC seemed so far away and unobtainable. Seems like it was forever ago in the evolution of Crime City.

LOL....my 24s will buy me three nightclubs a day.

bald zeemer
09-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Trev can buy 1.1 NCs per hour. ;)

GucciMane
09-10-2013, 04:55 PM
at what level of warehouse did you decide it would not be a good idea to work on lofts?