PDA

View Full Version : overtime feature fixed?

gunny22
08-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Since the end of the leather case event I keep getting error "Cannot reach server. Please check your internet connection and try again." when I try to open a case.
Nothing wrong with my connection, banking, refreshing battle list, etc. all work fine.
I guess gree fixed this "feature"...
or are there still players out there that can open cases (I'm on android)?

Dipstik
08-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Yes, it's fixed. No more ot. About time if you ask me.

Michael Bolton
08-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Yes, it's fixed. No more ot. About time if you ask me.

I guess Gree can finally roll out the multi-building upgrade as a collect ten. Everyone and their aunt will drop a vault trying to get it.

Dipstik
08-18-2013, 08:53 AM
I'd rather have even a 10% discount in upgrade costs

Vile Lynn
08-18-2013, 08:54 AM
I'd rather have even a 10% discount in upgrade costs

make it 20%

candyson
08-18-2013, 09:11 AM
make it 20%
Make it 30%

OneHoop
08-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Upgrade time discount would still be the sweetest. I don't have enough money to upgrade 2 worthwhile things at once, so I'd end up using the +1 on something ridiculous like defense or L10ing my low level buildings.

M@

murf
08-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Upgrade time discount would still be the sweetest. I don't have enough money to upgrade 2 worthwhile things at once, so I'd end up using the +1 on something ridiculous like defense or L10ing my low level buildings.

M@

I think cost discount is still worth more....just like you don't have enough money to upgrade 2 worthwhile things at once...you will still have to save for the next worthwhile upgrade even if you upgrades finished instantaneously...

out of names
08-18-2013, 09:50 AM
I would like a 10% discount for building upgrades on a collect 10, 20% discount seems much on that

OneHoop
08-18-2013, 10:12 AM
I think cost discount is still worth more....just like you don't have enough money to upgrade 2 worthwhile things at once...you will still have to save for the next worthwhile upgrade even if you upgrades finished instantaneously...

Touché. +1 upgrade is like a 50% time upgrade reduction, so they're of the same category.

M@

CohibAA
08-18-2013, 11:14 AM
LOL@OP title. Overtime was not a "feature" - it was a programming bug which too many people proudly exploited. Kind of like the time travel "feature" and cash hack "feature" that most call cheating.

Vile Lynn
08-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Make it 30%

make it 40%

Vile Lynn
08-18-2013, 01:38 PM
LOL@OP title. Overtime was not a "feature" - it was a programming bug which too many people proudly exploited. Kind of like the time travel "feature" and cash hack "feature" that most call cheating.

Not to twist your post, but if I never close my app am I a cheater? am I hacking?

...calling OT a "feature" like time traveling & cash hacking is going a bit extreme since OT required no manipulation other than keeping one's app open.

CCK-buttsy
08-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Make it 30%make it free building upgrades

Ben Weston
08-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Not to twist your post, but if I never close my app am I a cheater? am I hacking?

...calling OT a "feature" like time traveling & cash hacking is going a bit extreme since OT required no manipulation other than keeping one's app open.

exactly, the overtime was no different than the rules in rugby. once the timer ends on the match the game continues until the ball goes out of play.

Dipstik
08-19-2013, 09:58 AM
It didn't even say the event was over... it said the event was over "soon." "Soon" means "not now." I completely agree with the change because I thought it was a stupid way to run an event, but it's hard to even make a case that people playing an event in overtime were cheating.

CohibAA
08-19-2013, 10:22 AM

Yes. No.

Well, yes, if you take advantage of a programming glitch to further your progress in the game or an event by never closing the app. Otherwise, leave it open as much as you want, it's not cheating.

Deadwater
08-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Yes. No.

Well, yes, if you take advantage of a programming glitch to further your progress in the game or an event by never closing the app. Otherwise, leave it open as much as you want, it's not cheating.

You refer to it as a glitch but I have never seen any forum mod refer to it at all or it being a glitch. So where do you get this information?

Butt Futter
08-19-2013, 10:30 AM
You refer to it as a glitch but I have never seen any forum mod refer to it at all or it being a glitch. So where do you get this information?

Do you expect the mods to admit glitches and how to cheat their game? ;)

CohibAA
08-19-2013, 10:31 AM

You win.

:rolleyes:

Deadwater
08-19-2013, 10:34 AM
You win.

:rolleyes:

Just because some random forum member calls it a glitch doesn't make it a glitch. Clearly gree can end events with hard deadlines. So why didn't they do that for collect 10s/leaderboard case events?
Anytime something happens in gree it's a glitch until further notice from a mod, is that correct?

_Drifter
08-19-2013, 10:35 AM
So where do you get this information?

Probably from here:

http://writtenpolicy.com/maw-maw.jpg

You win.

See!