PDA

View Full Version : "Unknown error" [not okay]

OneHoop
08-17-2013, 06:54 PM
What's up with ending overtime for the Leather Satchel / Forged Passports case auction? No notice and no screen that says "This event has ended", just an "Unknown error" and an event screen that still says "EVENT ENDS: SOON!"

Weak.

M@

Dipstik
08-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Oh they fixed overtime? About time.

Fredfreddy
08-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Hopefully it still works on the collect 10, maybe (hopefully) since this is a leader board event it behaves differently...

CohibAA
08-17-2013, 07:54 PM
It's a (long known) programming bug that directly affects people possibly spending gold to get an event item before time runs out. I would imagine they finally fixed it.

Anybody want to confirm if they are in overtime?

Gatorade
08-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Can confirm that on both Android and Bluestacks Android at event close+1 I also got the message "Cannot reach server. Please check your internet connection and try again" when tried to open overtime satchels

Tamiel
08-17-2013, 09:43 PM
I can confirm that on iOS when attempting to open satchels after event close I got "unknown error".

Kill0r
08-18-2013, 01:31 AM
OT wasn't a bad thing. You could choose between LTQ and finishing the collect 20. After the collect 10 odds got changed, getting to 10 there wasn't a problem for an active free player. Before, it was quite a challenge to get there consistently.
It's not like that OT was "giving items away for free", it still needed a bit of dedication and luck - and with luck I don't mean opens/drops, but app stability. Even if you didn't run into a seg fault, CC had internal mem leaks that lead to a forced close by iOS, thus making it hardly impossible to stay in OT for a longer period of time on an iPhone 4. With my 4S, the longest time I had to stay in OT was about 4 days at 15+ tries per day. People seem to forget that during this time the phone is blocked. That's the price to pay.

Contrary to all the energy cheats/glitches, this bug was publicly known for a long time. I think Gree considered it not to be a danger to their business model, whereas LTQ time cheats made it even possible to finish the LTQ almost faster than with gold (full energy instead of 1k), at least on iOS.

TLDR: I don't know why Gree fixed it right now, maybe because to get everything clean after expanding server side validation anyway.