PDA

View Full Version : The Cartel

xxinterfector
08-17-2013, 12:17 AM
Wth is THE Cartel ?
Did buckwheat join sup ?
can the pirates draw out a lottery once in a while and select a lucky player to join their faction ?
just some random thoughts ...

keeskiller
08-17-2013, 02:25 AM
no this is the setup from ferr am i right? (The coalition??)

S&H Max
08-17-2013, 09:43 AM
coalition cartel are 2 different things, pricipal is similar but hard to tell the difference between the two since I dont think any team is on both!

If you follow the forum its quite easy to follow who is in the coalition, Ferr seems to like to make a new thread about each team that enter, for cartel its a little harder to know there is no annoncement on who they take in!

SGT Rud
08-17-2013, 10:06 AM
I am not an expert, but I think there is a little bit more to the Cartel than that. It statered back in the Columbia WD, so that will give you a date range to research it a bit.

HExXxENBEAST@SUP1
08-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Cartel is some of the top 10 teams who share intel and cooperate together to stay in the top 10 and keep others out of top 10. It's mutual protection via intel, agreed upon WD matching and overall cooperation to secure top spots.
I was one of the cartel 'secretaries' for a short duration, updating intel on the documents.
It's very organized and well-put together. Pretty cool concept, actually.
I'm not at liberty to say who is officially part of the cartel. That's probably information that those factions can announce at their own discretion.
Ferr is obviously not a part of cartel.

Mickeydickey
08-17-2013, 10:28 AM
I think more importantly since the news is out that Sup (yes even the almighty Sup1) has many players using an unauthorized beta version of modern war. If Steven is so righteous of clearing out all the cheaters he should be clearing out all sup members that have used this feature. Along with the person that supplied them the link from the rink page (I threw that in so people know I know where the beta version is) and gave them his invite code to use the beta version, should be banned.

SGT Rud
08-17-2013, 12:30 PM
I think more importantly since the news is out that Sup (yes even the almighty Sup1) has many players using an unauthorized beta version of modern war. If Steven is so righteous of clearing out all the cheaters he should be clearing out all sup members that have used this feature. Along with the person that supplied them the link from the rink page (I threw that in so people know I know where the beta version is) and gave them his invite code to use the beta version, should be banned.

Beta? Rink? What does any of this have to do with the OPs thread?

HExXxENBEAST@SUP1
08-17-2013, 01:52 PM

This is not only a blatant tangent detracting from the OP's thread, but is heresay. Unless someone has the cold hard proof, and not acting upon rumor, let's not go there and create another unnecessary sensation.
Back on topic please.

OwainCymro
08-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Does anyone not remember the cartel when it first started? It was not formed for the purpose of sharing intel, and not for the petty coalition. It was originally made to enforce free play by all the big spenders. It encouraged people to fog free in MW and hit them here it hurts, especially if top 10 teams joined it.

If the cartel was an intel-sharing cause that would be stupid, as it would cause enemies to spen less gold scouting as they would already know who they should hit- an tht means more gold to get points with. Remember, WD is a competition.

jchow69
08-17-2013, 02:14 PM
How do you join the Cartel and what must ur stats be?

HExXxENBEAST@SUP1
08-17-2013, 02:22 PM
How do you join the Cartel and what must ur stats be?
It's not a matter of joining the Cartel. It's a matter of joining a faction already belonging to the Cartel.
Your stat requirements will be different based on the faction's rank. Stats arent as important as WD points. Usually a minimum of 300,000 WD points is required to be part of top 10, which houses most of the Cartel teams.
If you're aiming for top five, count on pledging at LEAST half a mil WD points.
If you're aiming for THE top spot, prepare to re-mortgage your house.

camper killer
08-17-2013, 03:34 PM

Actually why not speak the truth. Look at the threads already on here. The beta made it to over 50 top factions with most having 10+ members playing. Of the top 25, 15 had more than 20 players using it. Your over simplifying to the point fallacy.

Mickeydickey
08-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Actually why not speak the truth. Look at the threads already on here. The beta made it to over 50 top factions with most having 10+ members playing. Of the top 25, 15 had more than 20 players using it. Your over simplifying to the point fallacy.

So you admit it's true that sup has players using this unauthorized version of the game? Are you saying its ok to cheat if everyone else has cheaters in their factions too? I've been in top 10 top 15 top 25 and top 75 factions I do not know 1 person that was using beta and it was never offered to me.

Speed ump
08-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Mickey, what's he's saying, is that YOU are a cheater. You lurk and hide in the shadows. Youre not man enough to reveal who you really are to the community, then your words are as fake as your name? being part of the beta program is not cheating, and does not give any advantages that transfer to the actual game, it's on a separate server. Of course, you're not worried about inconveniences like facts.

HExXxENBEAST@SUP1
08-17-2013, 06:58 PM
So you admit it's true that sup has players using this unauthorized version of the game? Are you saying its ok to cheat if everyone else has cheaters in their factions too? I've been in top 10 top 15 top 25 and top 75 factions I do not know 1 person that was using beta and it was never offered to me.
Nobody is going to put stock in your words if you 'just joined' these forums, have 2 posts and come right out of the gate with these kinds of accusations. You obviously don't understand the concept of 'beta' either.

Mickeydickey
08-17-2013, 11:55 PM
Nobody is going to put stock in your words if you 'just joined' these forums, have 2 posts and come right out of the gate with these kinds of accusations. You obviously don't understand the concept of 'beta' either.
I don't hide. Level 219 mickey is the name. Never had anything to say until I saw message to sup1 telling everyone who has the beta version to delete it right away or they can be banned because they are not supposed to have it. Try to twist it to mean something different. If it wasn't cheating the message would have never been sent and people wouldn't have to worry about getting banned. You're a bunch of liars and cheaters. Write all the insulting things you want about me. Just shows everyone you're true colors and that you are horrible people. Your lies are catching up with you.
Thread closed.

Pro
08-18-2013, 05:20 AM
The Cartel name that became popular was started by a guy who's name sounded like DJ,BJ,TJ or something like that... It was a concept designed to get players to go gold free and lasted right up until Gree put gold up for sale at 40% off. Since then THE CARTEL word has surfaced and it is a BEAST of a different nature. It is plain naked information for those in the know or who have friends who do.Again the original Cartel died in the same weekend as the 40% off sales.

Speed ump
08-18-2013, 04:56 PM
You are correct pro, that was the original use of the term. The teams involved changed what it was originally supposed to be somewhere along the way.

ProCision
08-18-2013, 05:36 PM

Do you need the beta? you seem hell bent on others using it. I dont see how people that are on it have some unfair advantage. PM me you must have it and I will show you the great land of the beta that you are crying about. Don't bother if you are jail broken.....

HExXxENBEAST@SUP1
08-18-2013, 06:32 PM
I don't hide. Level 219 mickey is the name. Never had anything to say until I saw message to sup1 telling everyone who has the beta version to delete it right away or they can be banned because they are not supposed to have it. Try to twist it to mean something different. If it wasn't cheating the message would have never been sent and people wouldn't have to worry about getting banned. You're a bunch of liars and cheaters. Write all the insulting things you want about me. Just shows everyone you're true colors and that you are horrible people. Your lies are catching up with you.
Thread closed.

Don't think you're a Mod dude. Thread still wide open.

GutterCobreh
08-18-2013, 09:40 PM
hexxxenbeast is right... mickey ain't pulling off thread closing comments at all, I'm not a belieber.

Meta Rage Trollbot
08-19-2013, 12:25 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?50469-Consolidation-of-3-13-factions&highlight=Meta+Rage+Trollbot

See Ascent's snarky retort to this suggestion. This is the first mention (and thread) about The Cartel. The idea seems to have more-or-less worked, but for a few factions who don't want to get with the program.

Of course, in retrospect, Ascent was right (at least for me), as I finally burned out and no longer had fun buying gold.

Thief
08-19-2013, 12:34 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?50469-Consolidation-of-3-13-factions&highlight=Meta+Rage+Trollbot

See Ascent's snarky retort to this suggestion. This is the first mention (and thread) about The Cartel. The idea seems to have more-or-less worked, but for a few factions who don't want to get with the program.

Of course, in retrospect, Ascent was right (at least for me), as I finally burned out and no longer had fun buying gold.

GASP? YOU mean this idea wasn't started by PJ? :P