PDA

View Full Version : Which event do you prefer?

CCK-buttsy
08-14-2013, 07:36 PM
I prefer the collect-10 and the boss event. I think the leaderboard collect-20's take too much gold, and the LTQ's make you level up fast. The PvP events make you level up too fast too, and also requires a lot of gold to get the good prizes. What is your opinion?

Boyz in the hood
08-14-2013, 07:40 PM
I've gotta go with the pvp! I'm hooked! Although tapping that much makes my fingers bleed!! In all seriousness though, I think its pretty good value for money! At least you don't burn a vault in 20 minutes

jmeijer
08-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Collect 10 and Boss. I think that the rewards for PvP aren't good enough for me to spend gold on. LTQ means a lot of XP gain and I want to stay under level 200 for as long as possible. Leaderboard events are the most boring for me, not going to spend more than 1 vault to get a 3K item for top 250.

Gingeasian
08-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Definetly the boss and collect 10s since those dont give as much xp and dont cost lots of gold if you want to complete them all

candyson
08-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Boss event because I'm a camper.

BigMoney
08-14-2013, 09:33 PM
I've gotta go with the pvp! I'm hooked! Although tapping that much makes my fingers bleed!! In all seriousness though, I think its pretty good value for money! At least you don't burn a vault in 20 minutes

You're correct in that PvPs aren't very expensive gold-wise, but they are very costly XP-wise if you are to go for any serious prizes (and especially if you are at a level where XP gain matters-- the PvP becomes easier the higher level you are). My syndicate has been top 10 in all of the PvPs, and even the top 10 prizes are ~2k/2k stat items, which is hardly earth-shattering, and I wish they were a lot better. The individual prizes are a bit better, but even if you don't care about XP, the PvPs are also huge time-sinks. So if you're short on money, have ample time, and don't care about XP, then the PvPs are great. Otherwise, mehhh.

Anyway, I voted Collect-10s. Collect-20s aren't an efficient use of gold, PvPs week after week are exhausting, and LTQs have been all over the map, but I don't think I've ever been too lukewarm about an item with a modifier as in the Collect-10s. I think the last Collect-10 item I missed was the Blarney's Keg Tap, and it wasn't for a lack of trying, I just gave up after 3 vaults. I don't even remember the mod, but it was something like +3 or +5 mafia or something.

The boss events suck for Tier 5, but I'm finally within range of Boss 50 without spending too much gold, so those are my second choice.

Laelia
08-14-2013, 09:55 PM
boss event....definately

Fatherllama
08-14-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm pretty sure the only person who doesn't groan at seeing a collect-20 is Tam. Everyone I know can't stand them. Half the time it's not worth the effort even trying to get to 10.

SOGO
08-14-2013, 11:03 PM
I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I would like to see more Collect 10+8s (the Quick Getaway event).

_Drifter
08-14-2013, 11:27 PM
PvP and LTQs because they require actually playing the game and they use the original stamina and energy that have been around since day one.

No comment on those other events.

bald zeemer
08-15-2013, 12:02 AM
I voted LTQ, because I like the array of prizes and the flexibility of being able to play when you want (events normally start at about 4:30am for me, and although I usually get up for kickoff I certainly like not having to do so). I also like open-20s, but the wildly erratic quality of modifiers usually means that only 1 in every 2 or 3 is worth putting any effort into. For the others I just knock it over in a few minutes and leave it - making it a collect-10 without the mods.

GU7 F4WK3S
08-15-2013, 01:35 AM
limited time buildings and pvp

c00guy
08-15-2013, 03:03 AM
Bah, none of those. Where's the LTB?

The Billionaire
08-15-2013, 03:06 AM
I love how the leaderboard events are hated across the board, I blame Tam haha

_Drifter
08-15-2013, 07:23 AM
Bah, none of those. Where's the LTB?

True, those are by far my favourite. I just picked PvP/LTQ because they were the best choices of the available options.

I love how the leaderboard events are hated across the board, I blame Tam haha

That's not nice. :p I'd blame Gree. People are actually supposed to enjoy the frustration of BARELY making it to 10 items if they don't use gold?! Come on, that's just ridiculous and clearly I am not the only one who shares that sentiment.

Theo/Ardnut
08-15-2013, 07:43 AM
Boss for me... Followed closely by the new format collect 10 we experienced last time (maybe just because its new)

hawkeye_9
08-15-2013, 07:52 AM
I'm a little shocked that not one person has yet voted collect 20.

I know Gree has a few new events up their sleeve and I can't wait to see what they are and try them out when they are released. Is it really a surprise that boss event is the leading vote-getter right now? Best and most efficient way to build stats.

The Fonz
08-15-2013, 11:53 AM
I'm a little shocked that not one person has yet voted collect 20.

I know Gree has a few new events up their sleeve and I can't wait to see what they are and try them out when they are released. Is it really a surprise that boss event is the leading vote-getter right now? Best and most efficient way to build stats.
I don't expect anyone to vote for this. ;) I don't know anyone (personally) who has received the 20th prize using just cash and/or free opens (the closest I've come is 15th, and I'm nowhere near that with the collect-20 running presently).

pedrombv
08-15-2013, 12:01 PM
I prefer all, because i play for free, so i do all just for fun :)
But my favorite is the boss event

SOA vp jimbob
08-15-2013, 05:27 PM
I prefer the pvps because they reward activity over spending. Just wish the prizes were better.

MichelleEvelyncc
08-15-2013, 05:30 PM
I prefer the pvps because they reward activity over spending. Just wish the prizes were better.

I think, speaking in general, the less active people can't spend and have more time to be active.

Nomisser
08-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Collect 10 and pvp are good a little gold will go a far way

Antheus
08-15-2013, 06:23 PM
....my preferred event is not developed yet....but I'm the patient type.....{..enjoying my steak tartare...**}......

dr007
08-16-2013, 02:29 PM
no option for none of the above. Seriously, I like all of the events but pvp is happening too frequently. War now has a schedule so it's perfect. I love bosses now that I can defeat them easily. Ltqs are cool but now they are also on overkill. The first ltq was really cool because it was not about gold, it was about effort. I prefer the old fashion pvp in which total number of fights determined the winner. Collect 10s are cool. Preference may still be leaderboard since that was the first event I participated I when I joined the game.

CCK-buttsy
08-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Goooo collect-10