PDA

View Full Version : New promotion opportunity in stead of officer

furq
08-14-2013, 01:18 PM
This may have been suggested before , but I've not seen the suggestion . So listen up gree get rid of the officer rank in the syndicates and replace it with the mafia ranks. Associates, soldier, capo, underboss and boss. This might push some people in syndicate to fight more , to get promoted. I think this is a good idea . What are your thoughts people

Butt Futter
08-14-2013, 01:25 PM
And what purpose would those ranks mean?

furq
08-14-2013, 01:43 PM
A different level of attack bonus ( doesn't have to be attack could be any multiplyer) could be added to each rank, the ranks should be awarded to the players with the highest ip scores in each syndicate. So these rank could change hands from war to war

MrM
08-14-2013, 01:49 PM
If there's a problem it's usually at the bottom of the table. The bottom 3 getting automatically dropped from the syndicate would probably be a better idea to push deadbeats into fighting :cool:

Gatorade
08-14-2013, 03:07 PM
The bottom 3 are frequently PA/wallers doing a specific job at the rquest of the syndicate.

hawkeye_9
08-15-2013, 08:03 AM
This is an interesting idea. What would be better, would be if the Syndicate Leader has discretion over a pool of bonuses to hand out to members of his team based on performance or preference of the Syn leader. Perhaps this gives the syn leader too much power? I don't know. I like the idea of being able to reward loyalty and participation - kind of like the perks within a real mob/crime syndicate.

hawkeye_9
08-15-2013, 08:15 AM
The problem is that if you make one player hold power like that, everyone will want to start their own syndicate, as opposed to donating, only to be booted by some power hungry putz.

Syndicates would be nothing without teamwork. Money, activity, etc... All based on teamwork. Just because you register a name for your crew gives you all the power? That don't seem right.

Perhaps. It might break up many of the top syndicates and create a more competitive field. Could also backfire becuase all of these 2nd and 3rd accounts people have would end up eating all of the bonuses too...just an idea. We can day dream a little :)

Michael Bolton
08-15-2013, 08:15 AM
What's a "stead", and how do you get in?

Instead is actually short for in stead. Stead means place.
http://www.promoboxx.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2012/10/the_more_you_know.jpeg

Stooboot
08-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Deff like the idea of different ranks but there has to be a purpose for gree to go with it and giving different bonus % to higher ranking players is not it. It will cause outrage, why an I going to spend more gold than a higher ranking player if they get more rewards than I do.

killaelite
08-15-2013, 12:42 PM
I will tell you would I would like to see. Forced buyouts. If you want to leave a mafia you are free to go at anytime. But if the mafia wants to kick you out for any reason they have to buy you out. It is too easy for a person to change the requirements for the mafia and just kick out the ones they deem no longer useful to the cause. That should always be their choice but there should be penalty for doing so. My suggestion is a 25% buyout. Say if someone contributed $1B to bonus they have to be paid $250M to leave (and this only applies as long they have contributed say $100M). If the mafia doesn't have the buyout money on hand they have to wait until they have it. Right now the mafias are free to take everyone's cash and change all the rules once they have all their bonuses.

furq
08-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Deff like the idea of different ranks but there has to be a purpose for gree to go with it and giving different bonus % to higher ranking players is not it. It will cause outrage, why an I going to spend more gold than a higher ranking player if they get more rewards than I do.

If the bonuses are issued on ip score . during the battle there will be a second battle within each syndicate. in the gold buying syndicates more gold will be bought , thus giving gree more money.

Ciara
08-15-2013, 01:19 PM
It would be good to reward our active players in some way. It feels a bit meaningless to make someone an officer as it's not much of a perk. I guess the potential for abuse depends on the power craziness of the syndicate leader and why would anyone stick with a leader who's suffering from restricted height syndrome? Activity and being a team player matters more to me than gold so I've love to reward people for their effort relative to their level and assigned role.

Dunky
08-15-2013, 02:01 PM
I will tell you would I would like to see. Forced buyouts. If you want to leave a mafia you are free to go at anytime. But if the mafia wants to kick you out for any reason they have to buy you out. It is too easy for a person to change the requirements for the mafia and just kick out the ones they deem no longer useful to the cause. That should always be their choice but there should be penalty for doing so. My suggestion is a 25% buyout. Say if someone contributed $1B to bonus they have to be paid $250M to leave (and this only applies as long they have contributed say $100M). If the mafia doesn't have the buyout money on hand they have to wait until they have it. Right now the mafias are free to take everyone's cash and change all the rules once they have all their bonuses.

The buyout idea is absolute madness.. That would mean that people who do nothing in syndicate wars, so called leechers, would be rewarded for doing totally nothing.. or if u like to see it the other way around:the syndicate would be punished to get rid of people who are inactive..

jolopy409
08-15-2013, 02:25 PM
What would stop a syndicate from promoting everyone to officer so they all get the reward or multiplier? What would you do wait for them to prove themselves before promoting them? You would have to be dumb to not promote everyone to officer to make them stronger.

furq
08-15-2013, 02:40 PM
What would stop a syndicate from promoting everyone to officer so they all get the reward or multiplier? What would you do wait for them to prove themselves before promoting them? You would have to be dumb to not promote everyone to officer to make them stronger.

There would be only one or two of each rank per syndicate , and promotions will be given to the players with the highest ip after each war by gree not the leader, so the ranks could change hands