PDA

View Full Version : Android users... I'm buying a new phone. Help me choose.

Legen...dary
08-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Do you have an Android phone that lets CC visit more than 5 hoods before lagging to the point of unplayable or simply crashing?

I've seen the same problem on HTC Inspire/Desire 4G, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC Evo 4G and a couple others that I can't remember the name of. None of these seem to perform nearly as well as a new iPhone (which I'm not getting) or BlueStacks (which I can't take with me).

I want a phone for texting, calling and playing CC. What should I get? I've heard that CC doesn't seem to have the problems on the Samsung Galaxy 2. That seems like a pretty big downgrade. Anyone have an HTC one? GS4? Motorola Droid Razr Maxx? Atrix? Droid 4?

Help me pick a phone that can load more than 2 hoods before crashing. Some hoods on my rival list only load 1/10 times and crash CC the other 9 no matter what I try. Every android device can't be like this.

How does CC perform on your Android device?

SC4R
08-14-2013, 12:47 PM
Sony Xperia Z Ultra 6.4 inch phablet
Camera resolution (megapixels): 8.0
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Screen size: 6.4in
Network bands: 2g, 3G, 4G
Processor: 2.2GHz Quad core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 MSM8974)
RAM: 2GB
Operating system: Google Android
Internal storage: 16GB
Supported memory media: microSD
Size: 179.4 x 92.2 x 6.5mm
Weight: 212g

Legen...dary
08-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Gotta fit in my pocket and be used as a phone, too.
(I've got decently big pockets)

edit: oops I thought phablet was a typo.. large phone may be fine.

editEdit: Call it what you want, but that's a tablet!

montecore
08-14-2013, 12:49 PM
i am getting the xperia z ultra next.

Butt Futter
08-14-2013, 12:52 PM
S4 or HTC One

I have an S3 and I don't have the problems you listed above.

Legen...dary
08-14-2013, 01:01 PM
funny, I installed my Lily Aldrin account on my GF's S3 and still was only able to load the hood of this guy on my newsfeed 1/5 times without a crash. The hood is nothing special... doesn't have 10,000 trees or anything. (was a time traveler, though)

Her S3 (AT&T) definitely lags after a round of collections and a rival hood visit, though not as bad as my Inspire.

bfspider
08-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Get a nexus 4 from the play store: https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_4_8GB?id=nexus_4_8gb

The only lag I get is when there is a syn battle and it is from loading up the stats. Jumping on WiFi gets the lag away faster.

There's enough RAM on the phone to keep the game running and never have to reload the game when you're in another app.

It will work on any GSM network. Just put in your SIM card.

SC4R
08-14-2013, 01:11 PM
The Xperia Z Ultra is completely waterproof, not just water resistant. It also has handwriting recognition feature that will work with any regular pencil or pen. Don't need to carry around a dumb stylus. And the battery, 3050mAh battery. Need I say more?

SC4R
08-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Follow up. you can drop the Xperia Z ultra down the toilet without worrying about actually flushing it down because of it's size and it will still work after you take it out of the bowl.

It's great for those who sneak out to the restroom during work to play Crime City.

NormanRock
08-14-2013, 01:40 PM
I've just switched to an HTC One and can't fault it - everyone I've spoken to that has one loves it.

Most importantly CC hasn't crashed once in about two weeks use! It used to be 20+ times a day on my old HTC Desire HD.
Only once or twice has it got a little laggy, but that was after switching between 10 hoods in quick succession. The only 'real' issue I've found is a scaling issue with text on mission pop-ups, but nothing that affects gameplay.

And it's quite good for other smartphone stuff too, especially music. The 3 sec 'Zoe' picture/video feature is quite cool, but probably more of a gimmick.

nopenopenope
08-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Sony Xperia Z Ultra 6.4 inch phablet
Camera resolution (megapixels): 8.0
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Screen size: 6.4in
Network bands: 2g, 3G, 4G
Processor: 2.2GHz Quad core
Operating system: Google Android
Internal storage: 16GB
Supported memory media: microSD
Size: 179.4 x 92.2 x 6.5mm
Weight: 212g

Way to be, you've listed every irrelevant feature to the OP's question except the one he needs....RAM.

RonSwanson
08-14-2013, 01:42 PM
S4 or HTC One

I have an S3 and I don't have the problems you listed above.

agreed. i have an htc evo lte and i love it but one of the above will be my next phone. my evo only lags when i leave it sitting there open and unattended for extended periods and then it may get a little slow but its a real easy fix. switch wifi on and off real quick or close and reopen and its good again.

SC4R
08-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Way to be, you've listed every irrelevant feature to the OP's question except the one he needs....RAM.

Sorry, I missed listing the RAM. It has 2GB of RAM!!!!!
I've updated my first post.

SC4R
08-14-2013, 02:27 PM
If you're in the US, the Moto X is nice too

OS Android 4.2.2
Processor X8 with Snapdragon S4 Pro
Screen 4.7-inch AMOLED; 1,280x720 pixels, 313ppi
Internal storage (GB) 16, 32
RAM 2GB
Carrier AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, U.S. Cellular
4G LTE
Battery 2,200mAh, embedded
Camera 10 megapixels

CCK-buttsy
08-14-2013, 06:23 PM
iPad Mini!!!!!!

Roach24
08-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Crime city works great on my Galaxy S4 never crashed and no lag because I restart my device and clear the memory pretty often! Also works great on my Galaxy Note 10.1 only lags when I have 3+Apps and internet running but its not unbearable.

chbranch
08-14-2013, 09:03 PM
I have the Samsung Note II. Wouldn't trade it for anyting.

Mack The Knife
08-19-2013, 03:00 PM
I was until recently running the game on my S3. lag would become an issue if I left the game open and inactive for more than ten minutes. which I would do when I was in a choice hood but out of stamina for robbing. The lag wasn't a huge deal as I just had to clear the ram and everything was up and running again. After about 8 months though, the new data pushes with the LTQ and boss battles stopped making it to my phone. in hindsight I should have just done a factory reset. instead I decided to treat myself to an upgrade the GS4...so far its running great. lag happens much much less often and to a far lesser degree than before. I still making it a habit to clear the ram when I notice a slow down.

CCB-STIG
08-22-2013, 02:05 PM
get the HTC one its been rated the best phone from what ive seen online and its andriod :) i have HTC XL Sensation and will be upgrading next week and i will be getting the HTC One

Mack The Knife
08-26-2013, 01:36 PM
I've heard great things about that phone as well. my only issue is you can't remove the battery or use a micro sd card. Which makes upgrading the storage capacity impossible if you choose the 32gig version.

Beamer 420
08-31-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm in same dilemma. Leaning more towards HTC One. I was really impressed with the old Incredible I had (still works) and I don't like getting what everyone else seems to be getting (Samsung or Iphone)

CoN1337
09-01-2013, 04:31 AM
I've played with both Samsung Galaxy S2 & Samsung Tab 2 10" - Both have worked perfectly. The only times I've experienced trouble is when gree gives out a new patch which always is full of glitches.

So my tip for you, go for Samsung.

LadyBoss
09-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I have the galaxy 3S and don't have any issues listed.

Miss Soprano
09-04-2013, 02:08 AM
The sopranos join them 325 002 059!

kidpresentable
09-05-2013, 02:07 AM
I have the Samsung Note II. Wouldn't trade it for anyting.

Nice, I've got the Note 1 and I love it.

D-visible
09-05-2013, 12:13 PM
I have the HTC one since April
Great phone I have never problems with it

name
09-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Android uses Java, which means It's coded in Java. Java has quite some disadvantages out of which the most important one is that you as a programmer need to clear all your variables once your program (CC) is done with them/exits. Guess what, Gree programmers aren't too strict about that one. Most of variables keep hogging memory in the background, which can cause severe performance issues. Both Galaxy's or HTC's will experience the same issues, since they use the same Java/Android system.

I'm not complaining about my S3, but a bad configuration/bad software already running can screw things up and slow everything down. If you've got a strong phone (16gig of RAM) android needs to search through the 16gig which will take some time and slow down performance. Better is to use a task killer to clear all memory and be done with it (releasing all memory by killing the task). Samsungs have this under the home button, but it shouldn't be far for HTC's or you can download it.

Imho and the reason why I choose Samsung is that it's more leightweight on RAM usage, steady, and I've had quite some bad experiences with HTC hardware issues. If HTC works it fine, but the chance that it fails is higher (the hardware seems less reliable and is more prone to manufactoring errors, but that's just my 2 cents.

Yo_Mama
09-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Dude just get an iPhone. Save you the hassle:) haha I have had a Samsung galaxy and I hated every min of it. Froze m the time and CC just sucked on it. Have had an iPhone since and had no problems. Just a thought:):):):) Goodluck with your phone search!

Paul Vitti
09-17-2013, 03:54 AM
If I had to choose an Android phone, I'd say Xperia Z.

PS:As an iPhone user, I've been playing the game about 3 months and it's never crashed.

Top Dawg
09-22-2013, 05:19 AM
Which would y'all say is better, the HTC One or the HTC Butterfly S?

Stevie110
09-23-2013, 12:41 PM
I have the Samsung Galaxy s3 works great for the game, big enough screen to see what's going on without having to lug a tablet around.

Oney73
11-21-2013, 10:32 AM
I had a Galaxy S3 till it became a paperweight after 13 months. I liked the phone alot but it did crash quite a bit when on CC or groupme. Im replacing it with the Note 3. Sorry im not an iphone fan.

Dizz
11-22-2013, 03:49 PM
I heard the samsung s4 and lg g2 are the way to go with androids. But the new iphone 5s has a 64 bit processor which seems pretty good as well

Sentient Sandwich
11-24-2013, 07:33 AM
The G1 by HTC would be a wise investment