PDA

View Full Version : Building placement guide?

iBADAMS
08-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Gree has repeatedly stated that it is technologically IMPOSSIBLE for them to provide more hood expansions. It is very doubtful that we will be given an option for a 'second hood' or even a building 'storage' option where you don't have to delete buildings.

One of my favorite aspects of Crime City is the IPH. I have every building I can get for my level (minus the Mansion and Techno Club). I doubt I will have any more room for the next set of LTB's.

With that being said, I know there are documents and spreadsheets for ALMOST every aspect of the game. I want to know if there is something out there or if anyone has thought about making some sort of guide for building placement. Basically the guide would help make the best use of the limited amount of space available so you can cram as many buildings in your hood as possible without deleting any. Or maybe I am the only person who cares about deleting my pawn shops? Haha

Limerick
08-14-2013, 08:52 AM
There is a lot of variability in this question, there are so many different ways to design a hood. I think the first thing you need to decide is how important are defense buildings, and how important is concealing your cash building levels.

jmeijer
08-14-2013, 09:06 AM
I had the same question about deleting buildings a while ago. I had set myself the goal to complete every money building to 10 - yes, I know that it takes 10 years to do it - and I didn't want to sell any money buildings. At a moment, you just have to sell your lower buildings to make space for LTB's or other better buildings.

I've never seen a building placement guide, but I believe that it must exist somewhere. I tried to play tetris with my buildings, but I never got it perfectly done.

Good luck!

iBADAMS
08-14-2013, 09:12 AM
I agree that there would be a lot of variables. Personally, I do not own a single defense building. But the guide wouldn't necessarily have to say gas station here, loft here etc... But there are a lot of buildings that have the same sizes (6x6, 8x8 etc). So instead of saying the specific building, you could just use the buildings footprint and the person could use the guide based on the buildings they own. I agree with Jmeijer...it's like playing Tetris.

Butt Futter
08-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Once your iph gets high enough those lower buildings give you nothing. Sell the low buildings for room and don't even think twice about it.

c00guy
08-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Step 1: Hit and trial to squeeze everything in
Step 2: Expand your hood
Step 3: Start deleting your low IPH buildings
Step 4: Delete all your defense buildings
Step 5: Delete that beautiful decoration spot you got with your name on it
Step 6: Upgrade everything to level 10
Step 7: Pray that GREE releases a new version with more expansion spots!

murf
08-14-2013, 10:48 AM
I made it a goal to get 2 of every cash building very early on...now I've done that, have 2 of every gold building church and above and 2 of every LTB...I still have decent space for another 6 months of LTB (assuming there 6x6) at least, and then I'll make the decision of which low-income buildings I will be getting rid of.

But like you guys have already said, it's like playing Tetris...

Madsonovich
08-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Maybe this will help: http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Money_Buildings_by_Level

xRedfoxx
08-14-2013, 12:09 PM
I have a spreadsheet that completely simplifies which buildings to buy vs upgrade to maximize income. But it isn't complete as I am a newb compared to most in here and have not bought all if the various buildings. I'll probably have a PDF ready that I can post in the next 3 months.

nopenopenope
08-14-2013, 01:50 PM
There's a hood layout planner in White Frog's all-in-one. Search around, its not hard to find.

Raaver
08-15-2013, 12:17 AM
point is, your hood changes. you probably relocate buildings and such, and you have to imply those changes into the tetris...
been there, done that, no success...

Rob