PDA

View Full Version : March of the Pirates

SGT Rud
08-13-2013, 05:53 AM
Over the course of the entire weekend, we ranged from ranking 277 to 325. We kept a pretty close eye on not falling out of top 400. We ended with a bang in what place is currently reported by our android users as 294. It was 200K points in either direction. We felt pretty safe. 7 minutes before the one hour left mark, we declared what was to be our last battle. Time clicked by. We knew we were top 400, even if we missed the battle, but the suspense is still there. Finally, we were matched. Took almost 30 minutes. But to our surprise, it was not the battle we were hoping for, and probably not what they expected either.

As most of you have read in the other thread, which I will post at the bottom for referance, is my top 400 got to fight a top ten. If you add three of their members stats together, you would get really close to our whole factions added stats. Our battle was going to get cut short as there was only 28 minutes left in the war. Over the course of the first 5 minutes, we took down the level ten wall, and began scouting. After about 6 different people, well outside our range, we found one guy ½ of our faction could hit. The points were not that bad, we figured they were about cashed in and just going through the numbers of having a last fight. We were still losing, but not by anything more than 20K. Then the top came off the can.

When we drew SUP III, our groupme chat blew up. Through all the chaos, there was a high level of excitement, even when we knew we were going to lose. Ten minutes into the battle, we were looking at a 400K point difference. 15 minutes, they surged to 800K point range. During this time, we began looking to see who they were nailing to the faction wall in digital blood. We had three members incurring huge losses. Two of which went from 200-300 losses total in the whole weekend to close to 4000.

Yesterday, during the battle, I climbed on here, and made the other thread. I didn’t expect to see anyone respond to it, except the usual trolls and complainers. I am more likely to get brushed off as a free player, who cares about free right? I gave them a congratulatory thread, and spoke of how exciting it was. What followed was even more amazing the watching our butts get handed to us on a silver platter.
One by one they marched over to our faction to thank us for an excellent last battle. You see they fell out of top ten, and we helped them regain it. They apologized to our two members who are now covered in pixel band-aids. Our entire faction stood by and watched them come over to pay their respects. My gree inbox is ½ of pirates right now, in regards to the last battle. Normally I cant even get a new future recruit to email me back for a week. But these guys hit me up in the span of 30 minutes.

The sportsman like conduct shown by SUP III, during and after this battle, should be part of the record books. I have played this game since prior to Brazil, and never seen amount of courtesy these guys have shown us. My respect out to you guys. Our team tanks you for the great fun we had. Till next time…..

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?64356-Thank-You-to-SUP-III

Captnmorgan
08-13-2013, 07:24 AM
It was chaotic and a full on beat down but it was nice to see them show class and heart at the end of it. Pick us up off the ground and give a good fight handshake and a helping hand. I've seen few factions show true sportsmanship and know that this is just a game at the end of the day.

I've seen constant bickering, bad mouthing and whining from people all over the forums over and over. One simple post and it seems that a lot of peoples attitudes have changed. To see a top level faction at the end of a war come down and help out a top 400 faction they way they have because of a possible glitch that set up 2 teams that normally would never be matched against each other is pretty awesome.

I congratulate and commend SUP 3 for they way they have treated us. Stellar class of players in my book.

camper killer
08-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Great story. Good to see people getting along and realizing its only a game.

Ryans67
08-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Thanks again for the kind words. If you guys ever need anything, get ahold of us and let us know. Good luck building your faction, and keep having fun!!!

KP :)
08-13-2013, 09:11 AM
Great story. Good to see people getting along and realizing its only a game.

That is where I am going wrong 'it's only a game', have to remind myself this from time to time lol

Corsair
08-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the replay Sgt Rud. We were on pins and needles wondering if we would match. Took a few minutes to find the highest level, and then we unleashed the hounds. Crazy finish, but a heck of a rush. Glad we could help heal the wounds, and like Ryan said, keep in touch, and keep having fun!

Speed ump
08-13-2013, 09:40 PM
It's nice to see people having fun playing at their own levels. Not everyone needs to compete with the top teams to have fun. Competition can create divides if you let it, or it can bring people together. It's is entertainment, nice to see a great group of people who realize that for what it is.

HExXxENBEAST@SUP1
08-13-2013, 10:11 PM
It's nice to see people having fun playing at their own levels. Not everyone needs to compete with the top teams to have fun. Competition can create divides if you let it, or it can bring people together. It's is entertainment, nice to see a great group of people who realize that for what it is.
Well said, yet for playing a game, I've seen too many take it seriously and attack me on deeply personal levels just for switching to a different team.
This thread is an example of how it should be approached. Hopefully this spirit will become a bit more contagious.

Zach3432
08-13-2013, 10:41 PM
I joined the forums at a time of hate. This gives me hope that I will experience the good that I only heard stories about. Congrats to both teams for succeeding in their respective tiers.