PDA

View Full Version : This forum has become trash.

Carloco
08-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Unbearable and Uninformative. The ladder being why we come and check in. Just wanted to get this off my chest

CohibAA
08-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Thanks for sharing.

jmeijer
08-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Unbearable and Uninformative. The ladder being why we come and check in. Just wanted to get this off my chestAnd what does this thread add to the forum?

I'd love to talk about hood economics, but it gets hard to post something useful about that when there are almost no threads about economics on the first pages..

Carloco
08-12-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm just hoping that some mod can see this and regulate. I enjoy this game and enjoy informative banter on here. It's the retarded banter that kills me.

_Drifter
08-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Unbearable and Uninformative. The ladder being why we come and check in. Just wanted to get this off my chest

The ladder... what?

:p;)

Chairman Maw
08-13-2013, 01:37 AM
Jacobs Ladder?

Captain Torgue
08-13-2013, 02:07 AM

Thank you! Your opinion has been noted!

Gatorade
08-13-2013, 02:39 AM
I sometimes think the problem with the forum (wa7sh and SKK aside) is that there are some big characters at an uber level of the game who tend to dominate. Their perspective on the game differs from the average Joe/Josie who make-up the other 99% of the playing playing community. Their approach to play also lack meaning or relevance for the other 99%.

There are certain of the more elite who can think outside-the-box and remember what it was like to be at a lower level. I'd commend BigMoney and Baldie who will give you a straightforward answer to a genuine query.

The forum can be daunting for noobs because of (i) the troll element and (ii) characters like Dippy who make hay out of newbie questions. New onlookers to the forum probably need to lurk for a while until they can learn the in-jokes and spot the bullshine. There's still good stuff to be had...........LTQ guides (if BigMoney comes back), the camper guide which I've learned from, the best of the best guides.

bald zeemer
08-13-2013, 03:09 AM
I sometimes think the problem with the forum (wa7sh and SKK aside) is that there are some big characters at an uber level of the game who tend to dominate. Their perspective on the game differs from the average Joe/Josie who make-up the other 99% of the playing playing community. Their approach to play also lack meaning or relevance for the other 99%.
That's a fair point Gatorade, but I think to an extent it's inevitable. People who utilise the forum are obviously going to be more knowledgeable about the game, and are more likely to dedicate more time and/or money to the game than the average joe. Applying any of these three to your game will put you ahead of the pack, and applying all 3 will put you on another level.

It's no surprise that the teams built from forumites (FC, Inds, HTC, SAS, etc) are or have been powerhouses whereas the majority of the non-forum teams tend to be agglomerations of average players.

Carloco
08-13-2013, 03:16 AM
There are three types of people in this forum

1. Helpful and Informative.. Big money, billionaire,

2. Helpful but trollish..... Dipstik

3. Trolls.... We all know who....

Any forum should be 60% of the helpful, 30% of the second (because that's what make forums fun) and 10% of the trolls. This forum is quickly becoming the opposite.

MattThomas08
08-13-2013, 03:17 AM
The forum can be daunting for noobs because of (i) the troll element and (ii) characters like Dippy who make hay out of newbie questions. New onlookers to the forum probably need to lurk for a while until they can learn the in-jokes and spot the bullshine. There's still good stuff to be had...........LTQ guides (if BigMoney comes back), the camper guide which I've learned from, the best of the best guides.

OP has been on the forums since May and it hasn't really changed much since then. It hasn't changed much since I joined it either. It's always been mostly trolling and off-topic discussions, lots of drama between teams, mixed in with a bag of really helpful stuff.

I think the forum is really good for new players who use the search and best of the best guides. The thing is, there's not much a new player can ask that hasn't already been asked or covered in a guide. Thus, the only new info to add would be the new relevant events or current ongoings. I think this gets covered pretty well and oftentimes gets mashed up in a bowl with trollspeak.

Carloco
08-13-2013, 03:18 AM
There is a thread here called "hi". Come on

Gatorade
08-13-2013, 03:29 AM
I inferred no criticism of the elite baldie, and as you saw, I singled you out for giving straight-up answers which do help the rest.

There is room for all I think here. The elite have their forum banter, mids can share insights, newbies can learn. I believe what Carloco is getting at is that the forum seriously needs some means to stop the out-and-out trolls. Dunno if that is by means of CC player mods who can do the instant bans when trolls attack or what?

Gatorade
08-13-2013, 03:31 AM
There is a thread here called "hi". Come on

And I, for you have reported it as spam. I also reported the poll yesterday which asked "Do you vote in polls". That one was quickly locked because an Admin was around. The problem here is that too often there is nobody in charge............hence my thought of appointing repsonsible user moderators.

Gatorade
08-13-2013, 03:56 AM
Matt - I think the new bane of this forum is people with a specific individual problem (rather than a global foul-up by Gree) and it is a change cos the Admin have been accomodating Instead of joining the queue along with everyone else with problems, they start a thread on it cos they're oh so special.

Doing that should be a 7 day ban

Captain Torgue
08-13-2013, 04:09 AM
And I, for you have reported it as spam. I also reported the poll yesterday which asked "Do you vote in polls". That one was quickly locked because an Admin was around. The problem here is that too often there is nobody in charge............hence my thought of appointing repsonsible user moderators.

What are you the forum police?

Gatorade
08-13-2013, 04:19 AM
Yup - you'd be no1 on my list whoever this ID is - just come out and admit you're an SKK troll

Too much of a wimp to register it as SKK this time I see.

After your next ban come back as SKK Gimp perhaps?

Captain Torgue
08-13-2013, 04:25 AM
Yup - you'd be no1 on my list whoever this ID is - just come out and admit you're an SKK troll

Too much of a wimp to register it as SKK this time I see.

After your next ban come back as SKK Gimp perhaps?

No I'm not a member of SKK, nor am I a troll. Just someone who doesn't like brown nosers, that is all.

Dipstik
08-13-2013, 04:46 AM
Any forum should be 50% of the helpful, 30% of the second (because that's what make forums fun) and 10% of the trolls. This forum is quickly becoming the opposite.

Omg learn 2 math, noob.

CCK-buttsy
08-13-2013, 04:49 AM
Haha! It should be 20% of trolls :D

Gatorade
08-13-2013, 05:16 AM
No I'm not a member of SKK, nor am I a troll. Just someone who doesn't like brown nosers, that is all.

Who the hell is brown-nosing Captain Gimp????????? I gave respect to the folks who contributed. That is cos they have contributed in one way or another - info, laffs, whatever. In your current 8 posts you have not and are a symptom of the problem that pushes people away from an otherwise good forum.

Please have the grace to put SKK on your next ID once this one is banned.

Captain Torgue
08-13-2013, 05:42 AM
Who the hell is brown-nosing Captain Gimp????????? I gave respect to the folks who contributed. That is cos they have contributed in one way or another - info, laffs, whatever. In your current 8 posts you have not and are a symptom of the problem that pushes people away from an otherwise good forum.

Please have the grace to put SKK on your next ID once this one is banned.

haha get over yourself please. You are a joke.

Gatorade
08-13-2013, 06:06 AM
haha get over yourself please. You are a joke.

And the fact that Captain Gimp is on here again despite been banned umpteen times only validates the OP's post

Captain Torgue
08-13-2013, 06:15 AM
And the fact that Captain Gimp is on here again despite been banned umpteen times only validates the OP's post

ummm I think you have me confused with someone else. Try harder please :)

kybigdaddy
08-13-2013, 06:28 AM
Now you're catching on.

Gatorade
08-13-2013, 06:32 AM
ummm I think you have me confused with someone else. Try harder please :)

It's pleasing that you now respond to being called Captain Gimp -troll on

(PS - What are your Gimp-like superpowers? The power to talk shoite perchance?)

Max Power
08-13-2013, 06:50 AM
And here this thread turns into two people argueing with each other. #Joy

This forum used o be helpful, make that vital, for quality game play. There was a lot to learn, and stat inflation hadn't occured yet. Economy and strategy are pretty much out the window at this point. Just do as many events as you can and spend a little money and you will be strong. No strategy there. The evolution of this game and all Gree games has made their forums a magnet for complaints about bugs and faction smack talk.

I pretty much come here to see what the prizes are for events. That's about it.

Drew's Crew
08-13-2013, 07:50 AM

This forum used o be helpful, make that vital, for quality game play. There was a lot to learn, and stat inflation hadn't occured yet. Economy and strategy are pretty much out the window at this point. Just do as many events as you can and spend a little money and you will be strong. No strategy there. The evolution of this game and all Gree games has made their forums a magnet for complaints about bugs and faction smack talk.

Now the member I use to use for the list of prizes for the LTQ can no longer post.

cr0nchef
08-13-2013, 08:05 AM

Hey your right it wasnt like this was a thread about trying to clean the forum up or anything

And wait bigmoney cant post anymore :(......if so that sucks and the day of a new ltq.....it has turned into that looking at prize lists are 85% the only reason i even come here anymore

Gatorade
08-13-2013, 08:30 AM

Nope - 1 genuine user and Captain Troll. That was exactly OP's starting point I believe. Everything involves trolls as Admin seem powerless or not around to stop them derailing things.

Go back to my 1st post where I game views and before Captain Gimp started the trolling backbites.

Chica
08-13-2013, 08:38 AM

There are certain of the more elite who can think outside-the-box and remember what it was like to be at a lower level. I'd commend BigMoney and Baldie who will give you a straightforward answer to a genuine query.

Start occupy crime street.

Gatorade
08-13-2013, 08:40 AM
Start occupy crime street.

I must have not unlocked that map yet - just a lowly L95

Max Power
08-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Now the member I use to use for the list of prizes for the LTQ can no longer post.

Thanks for the correct, that is very helpful.

Nope - 1 genuine user and Captain Troll. That was exactly OP's starting point I believe. Everything involves trolls as Admin seem powerless or not around to stop them derailing things.

Go back to my 1st post where I game views and before Captain Gimp started the trolling backbites.

No.

I don't care who's fault it is, I have no interest in assigning blame. It's just annoying is all, and it takes two to dance.

Walshii
08-13-2013, 11:42 AM
What seems to be the problem here son?

Dipstik
08-13-2013, 12:12 PM
Wait, the 7 was supposed to be an L? I'm pretty sure that a 7 represents a T on t3h interwebs. You can't just go substituting letters and numbers willy-nilly or no one will have any clue what you're talking about.

C Rebels
08-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Omg learn 2 math, noob.

Maybe saving a little bit of space for Star Song and co. mind you the pony club equals 20% so we would need to remove 10% of a group to make way for all the pony club..... :)

PS I am defiantly 20% cooler every time I see you post. Thanks :)

Lurker
08-14-2013, 12:26 AM
Excellent summary Gatorade.

Ditto all of the below.

Brendan
08-15-2013, 05:29 AM
Why has it become trash, need to explain.

bald zeemer
08-15-2013, 05:30 AM
Sweet jesus man, just ask your damn question and stop bumping irrelevant threads.

There's already a thread (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?48441-Crime-City-Quickie-Questions) specifically designed for the purpose.