PDA

View Full Version : Modern War Fantasy NFL league.

Hivesy
08-12-2013, 02:35 PM
12 teams, live draft TBC at the end of the month on NFL.com. Fancy it? Pm me. Be good if we can get a good mix of VFF, SUP, McGurt and any and all others.

button
08-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Make it a Yahoo league and I am in. SUP3

Hivesy
08-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Half the spots left, I need 6 more dedicated fantasy freaks who know their stuff.

General Raub
08-12-2013, 03:24 PM
There Hackers in this too?? j/k

Philly982
08-12-2013, 03:30 PM
There Hackers in this too?? j/k

Haha....If so can I have three of Adrian Peterson and start Aaron Rodgers at TE.

Just a question, is this a standard format, PPR, IDP, etc....? I am not in a big dog faction so am not worthy, but am sure others may want to know.

Speed ump
08-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Hey hivesy, why not do a real MW fantasy league. Get players to agree to give their numbers at the end. Draft your own MW fantasy team.lol. That would be intresting. If gree would help out with a posting of the stats, but then I guess that would become a recruitment listing if they did.

Hivesy
08-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Like your style Stephen, just not sure everyone would be keen to a) share their stats and b) have everyone else know who they really are. You guys could do an in-house SUP one though:) I've got a couple of your lads interested already.

For reference guys you don't need to be in a big MW faction, you just need to take the fantasy league seriously. Turn up for the draft and don't go crying if you lose games :)

NFL.com league (sorry I know there are some people that don't like it there), 12 teams, 3 divisions of 4, standard scoring format so no PPR, no IDP, team defences only. Lets start it simple and if it grows then we can look at more leagues, keepers and all the other good stuff in the future. Experience tells me that if you add too much stuff from day one you will struggle to get everyone on board.

Any GREE employees want to get involved?

Saint Anger
08-12-2013, 07:08 PM
If you need someone, I'm in. I know what I am doing.

Saint Anger
08-12-2013, 07:10 PM
(Your box is full!)

jorge54
08-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Apparently a lot of people are interested.
I like the idea of an in-faction league.

It would be nice to have a real tournament ( the winner from each faction goes against the winners of all the other factions). However someone, would cheat, and stack there team with Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson...

I'm interested, but I am too busy with Modern War to play Fantasy Football, we have endless events and wars to deal with. Not to mention, Gree decided to ruin my Labor Day weekend.

Hivesy
08-12-2013, 11:27 PM
Sorry guys my inbox filled (rookie error) after only a few entrants, it's now clear. Shout if you want in. Saint, sent you a message.

Saint Anger
08-12-2013, 11:45 PM
Back at you Hivesy. At your email too if you want to move on over there.

Hivesy
08-13-2013, 05:49 AM
OK guys still got some slots available, there may be issues with timezones for the draft as we already have 4 different timezones in the league :) Hence I'll say right now we are going to do a live draft at 2.30pm EST, that's 7.30pm GMT on Saturday 24th August. To save a million availability issues emails please only hit me back if you can make that day/time.

Thank you, looking forward to getting it on with you fellas.

PS - anyone found owning 3 x Adrian Peterson's will be banished from the league and your team training facility will be pounded constantly. Excuses like 'I sent in a ticket to NFL.com about my missing player, and then they put Calvin Johnson back in twice' just don't work I'm afraid :)

jchow69
08-13-2013, 06:58 AM
I'm in and my first pick goes to Who What Where Why of SUP1.

Normnutman
08-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Is first prize a spot on SUP 1 for the next war? lol

manlikesam
08-13-2013, 09:50 AM
This would be so coooool ! Take all the members from top 10 and fill the factions with the different players drawn from the hat

Zachio
08-13-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm always looking for a new league to play in, I normally like to have 3-5 teams per season.

What's the buy in? PM me please if you do not want to post that here.

Marcusfiahie
08-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Have fun in your NFL league guys

Hivesy
08-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Still a couple short guys, roll up roll up. I'll be reporting on the league up here for fun, come on and get involved.

Oceanz
08-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Here's my optimal team:

QB: Tim Tebow
RB1: Marcus Lattimore
RB2: Peyton Hillis
WR1: Percy Harvin
WR2: Jeremy Maclin
Flex: Jonathan Stewart
TE: Dennis Pitta
DEF: Saints

Wdigeorge
08-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Hey hivesy, why not do a real MW fantasy league. Get players to agree to give their numbers at the end. Draft your own MW fantasy team.lol. That would be intresting. If gree would help out with a posting of the stats, but then I guess that would become a recruitment listing if they did.

Speed, I knew I should have kept your 2011 rookie Pirate card. It would be worth some money now!

Hivesy
08-14-2013, 01:41 AM
Here's my optimal team:

QB: Tim Tebow
RB1: Marcus Lattimore
RB2: Peyton Hillis
WR1: Percy Harvin
WR2: Jeremy Maclin
Flex: Jonathan Stewart
TE: Dennis Pitta
DEF: Saints

ha ha that team needs to come and join us in VFF Infirmary.....

Mcdoc
08-14-2013, 01:54 AM
PS - anyone found owning 3 x Adrian Peterson's will be banished from the league and your team training facility will be pounded constantly. Excuses like 'I sent in a ticket to NFL.com about my missing player, and then they put Calvin Johnson back in twice' just don't work I'm afraid :)

Who is Calvin Johnson ?

I know very little about football except that LT left the Chargers and Phillip Rivers is their QB - LoL

Although - my partner in business just bought Season Tickets to the Chargers home games last week - so we were at the opening game last Thursday (2nd game I've ever been to) and it was hardly worth the drive down to the stadium to see 3rd string players from the Seahawks beat our 3rd string :/

Maybe I'll get caught up this year on the Football scene - but I'm too green to get into a football pool :/

Glad to see the effort to get something like this going :)

Hivesy
08-14-2013, 10:07 AM
OK guys, the league is set up and we are good to go. I've sent invites out to those that have given me their email address. A few of you pm'd me with interest but haven't given me your email. You can either pm me your email address or join the league here:

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=1779976
League ID: 1779976
League Password: LTQ

Don't forget it's a live draft on 24th August at 2.30pm EST. Please ensure you can make the draft if you take one of the places. We've got people wanting to join from various SUP teams, VFF teams and smaller factions. All are welcome, let's go with a first come first served basis on this now.

See you in the league.

I'll do updates and reports on here for fun so represent your faction with pride!

Hivesy
08-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Bump.............

jchow69
08-14-2013, 04:44 PM
ha ha that team needs to come and join us in VFF Infirmary.....

Haha, dey get hurt so much I see what ya did there!

Hivesy
08-15-2013, 01:23 AM
anybody having problems? I've sent out quite a few invites to people that wanted to play but we've only currently got a few teams actually signed up and in the league. Please shout if the link isn't working or you're having any issues with signing up.

In the mean time guys there are still spots open obviously so come and get involved.

mickymacirl
08-15-2013, 01:54 AM
Anyone up for a Forum England Premiership Fantasy football League (for our European, non crap Sport supporters :P)?

Hivesy
08-15-2013, 06:14 AM
Anyone up for a Forum England Premiership Fantasy football League (for our European, non crap Sport supporters :P)?

yes mate am totally up for a real football fantasy game also. Let us have the details. In fact stop hijacking my thread and start your own :) But yes I'm deffo in. Need to be quick, only two sleeps to go!

mickymacirl
08-15-2013, 07:10 AM
yes mate am totally up for a real football fantasy game also. Let us have the details. In fact stop hijacking my thread and start your own :) But yes I'm deffo in. Need to be quick, only two sleeps to go!

Ya sorry Hiv lol, Ill try get it sorted on friday night if I have time, cheers!

gero
08-15-2013, 08:27 AM
Registered Hivey.

Hivesy
08-15-2013, 08:58 AM
ha ha you and me are matched up in week one Gero, hope I don't make you angry, no turning green on me!

KJ Lobster
08-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Registered! Thanks for setting this up. Lets get the spots filled!

Philly982
08-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Registered. Looks like just a few spots left.

jabbameister63
08-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Hi im very interested in joining, i usaully have 5/6 teams on nfl.com, espn etc. What is the team name so i can join if possible.

Hivesy
08-16-2013, 01:49 AM
@ jabbermeister, go back through this thread and you'll find the link.

Only two spots left in the league guys, drafting on the 24th Aug at 2.30pm EST so only join if you're going to take it seriously please.

I'm looking forward to faction battles on the next WD weekend and on the football field all at the same time :)

Hivesy
08-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Still 2 spots free

HExXxENBEAST@SUP1
08-16-2013, 03:55 PM
I took the last spot. SUCK IT BOYS!! ;)

Hivesy
08-16-2013, 11:48 PM
Fret not, we do have one spot left open, come and have a go if you think your hard enough!

Saint Anger
08-17-2013, 12:00 AM
I'm registered

Saint Anger
08-17-2013, 12:01 AM
I have VFF Dan first...my only chance to beat those fellas at something!

Hivesy
08-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Come on guys and gals, there is still one place in the league free to a good home. Link is earlier in this thread, draft is next Saturday. Jump in quick.

Hivesy
08-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Er, hello, still one spot left.

Web323
08-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Just added team

Hivesy
08-23-2013, 01:44 AM
OK the league is full and we are drafting tomorrow! Live draft, SUP, VFF and many other factions all in the same 'virtual' room at the same time.....

Do any of you guys who haven't made it obvious what faction you represent in your team name want to give a shout out on here? Come on, for the honour of your faction let's know exactly who we've got.

Week one matchups look like this:

Week 1
Infirmary Nurses 0.00. v Naked Bootlegs 0.00...

Torn ACL's 0.00. v VFF Dan 0.00...

Stumpfullofgranddads 0.00. v Philly982 0.00...

daaaBearz 0.00. v BAYLORTEX 0.00...

Dragons 0.00. v Riley Cooper 0.00...

FerrPlay 0.00. v SINISTER KNIGHTS 0.00

gero
08-23-2013, 05:35 AM
Naked Bootlegs = Me (VFF Alpha)

Is there an app so we can draft from our phones instead of being in front of the computer?

Hivesy
08-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Naked Bootlegs = Me (VFF Alpha)

Is there an app so we can draft from our phones instead of being in front of the computer?

I've never used one and after just looking I can't find an app either. Sorry it looks like an old fashioned PC or laptop will have to do. Seeing as you play me in week 1 you could just go on auto and set it to pick TE, K, DEF, then maybe backup TE.

The draft is one of the best bits for me, spreadsheet printed on A3, a fridge full of Bullmers and a freezer full of ice and I'm set. I'm in a good place for a couple of hours :)

Saint Anger
08-23-2013, 09:10 AM
Maybe I will remain a man of mystery as the Torn ACLs! Well, maybe not - Gero knows.

KJ Lobster
08-23-2013, 10:04 AM
I've never drafted with my phone, but I think you can. Go to nfl.com (full site on browser, not mobile) and sign in. Go to MW Fantasy League home page and look for link to "Test draft client". Will let you know if compatible or not.

KJ Lobster
08-23-2013, 10:11 AM
My team is the Dragons - in honor of the Dutch Dragons faction, 290 th in Canada. Most of the top factions haven't heard of us..... Yet ....

Hivesy
09-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Not long to kick off. The banter is starting up already, VFF versus VFF, the family bonds are straining. SUP send a girl to do their dirty work :) by the time I wake up in the morning this thing will be ON!

Good luck all, just not too much obviously as I'm taking this trophy home.....

phrosty
09-05-2013, 09:01 PM
I missed the boat seems your league is full ;(

Saint Anger
09-05-2013, 09:13 PM
You can imagine how pleased I was to have Welker...until I realized VFF Dan has Manning.

Hivesy
09-06-2013, 02:42 AM
That Ravens D was BAD really really bad. Couldn't tackle, couldn't position themselves correctly, couldn't take an angle, couldn't do anything. Champions? Didn't look like it.

Why did they let Boldin go? Must be that wealth of other top offensive talent they have.

It's the exact opposite of PUN cancelling PJ's contract and letting him become a free agent......

heal
09-06-2013, 04:32 AM
If this thread is going to go on for the whole season, perhaps it can be moved to the off topic section, or locked and a new one started. Great idea though, might do the same for next AFL season.

Ser
09-07-2013, 05:02 AM
Awesome any slots open

Hivesy
09-11-2013, 06:28 AM
OK guys I've started a new thread in the off topic section of this forum. I've failed massively on the formatting, anyone in the league know how to do that properly?

Once I can copy and paste from the league page (impossible to do it legibly currently) I'll start some proper write ups. Needless to say there is a lot of activity at the moment and plenty of faction pride at stake.

For any late comers I'm sorry guys we are full. However much like the trimming of faction members after WD events we will no doubt cut any dead wood for next season, pm me if you want an early place on the list. Or we can do 2 leagues next season......

Hivesy
09-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Forgot to mention, please reply on the new thread not this one.

Thanks