PDA

View Full Version : understanding stat fluctuations

Badass action man
08-11-2013, 09:30 PM
can anyone help me with understanding why there is 50,000+ defence variations when two of my faction members hit the same guy.

-does the members own atk effect the defence score?
-does the device change the defence score?

i've noticed other complaining off these issues, id just like to understand it better.

Badass action man
08-11-2013, 09:49 PM
my understanding is it is calculated by the units u bring to a fight n your current boosts, is there something i'm mising?

Domino_brown
08-11-2013, 10:06 PM
A random multiplier is calculated for every attack, it can be anywhere from -15% to +15% ,
Android can see the swing , IOS can not.

Also, wizards ;)

Badass action man
08-11-2013, 10:18 PM
ok, but consistently the same amount less is being calculated. doesnt seem like a 'random' multiplier. ill keep an eye on the variance over the coming wars n see if the numbers r within the range.

ffp
08-11-2013, 10:29 PM
We had that issue. One of our faction member scouted with droid and he got 150k def. An IOS user then hit the same person and got 170k def. I hit with droid and got 150k def.

Badass action man
08-11-2013, 11:49 PM
We had that issue. One of our faction member scouted with droid and he got 150k def. An IOS user then hit the same person and got 170k def. I hit with droid and got 150k def.

doesnt seem like 'random multiplier' when its consistent.

droids seem consistently lower. anybody else share these experiences??

Mcdoc
08-12-2013, 12:06 AM
A random multiplier is calculated for every attack, it can be anywhere from -15% to +15%

Domino is correct - although I have never seen it confirmed if the random "dice roll" is 15 - but it was confirmed that it can be a Positive or Negative number and each player gets their own dice roll with each attack - so think if you can swing down "15%" and they can swing up "15%" - that's a huge flux!

Reference straight from CCMark at the SoCal meetup last year:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38449-Things-we-learned-From-Chef-Pepe-(aka-CCMark)&p=370844&viewfull=1#post370844

EDIT: I (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38449-Things-we-learned-From-Chef-Pepe-(aka-CCMark)&p=370844&viewfull=1#post370844) just realized the above thread was closed - such a shame - but it's time to look at another meet-up soon! I hear whispers of LAS VEGAS ! ! ! !

Badass action man
08-12-2013, 12:58 AM
i understand the random multiplier is apart of the equation. however, it does not account for the phenomenon im talking about...

Burgersvektor
08-12-2013, 02:16 AM
I'm seeing variations much higher then 15%, it's not uncommon that it's over 30%. Using the raw stats as base the random multiplier only adds about +5% at best but reduces up to 30%. I have never had the stats that actually show in my profile during a single attack, it's allways lower. This makes me belive that boosts don't work for Android :(

Badass action man
08-12-2013, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys

Philly982
08-12-2013, 04:52 AM
The way I understand it is that Android players see inflated stats in their own profile. When I attack my stats fluctuate by 100k even when attacking the same rival in the battle results screen and never reach the stats that show in my profile. I guess this attack fluctuation could account for the random dice roll. However, iOS attacks seem to be more consistent.

During scouting in WD, our Android players report a consistent average of 15% lower defensive stats of the rival than our iOS counterpart. This caused a few loses for our iOS players earlier on, but we just add a for Android and i for iOS at the end of our scouting reports so that players know what platform that particular rival is being scouted from and then either add or subtract approximately 15%. It is very inconvenient, but it is what it is until it is fixed. That is if this issue is ever fixed.

Pinpoint30
08-12-2013, 06:48 AM
Let me start with a compliment by saying you guys have made a good game. I believe there are couple areas that need tweaked, but they are minor. (Have already made a modification to the scratcher which is much better. Granted I didn't expect to see a good weapon every time I log in)

Point fluctuation is a very frustrating part of the game. I have seen a 100K pulled from my score when attacking someone. I have seen other team members posting a variance of different numbers when at war.

I don't believe people have this mystery figured out with OS, attack/defense skill, modifiers, etc. If any of these were a factor, there would not be a different number when you hit the same person 4 times. If I hit the same person 4 times (win or lose) I should see the same number each time.

If there is a variance calculator that randomly changes your score, it should be gone! There is absolutely no reason to have this kind of variable in a game.

If you could fix or please explain what is going on it would be much appreciated.

Badass action man
08-12-2013, 07:49 AM
The way I understand it is that Android players see inflated stats in their own profile. When I attack my stats fluctuate by 100k even when attacking the same rival in the battle results screen and never reach the stats that show in my profile. I guess this attack fluctuation could account for the random dice roll. However, iOS attacks seem to be more consistent.

During scouting in WD, our Android players report a consistent average of 15% lower defensive stats of the rival than our iOS counterpart. This caused a few loses for our iOS players earlier on, but we just add a for Android and i for iOS at the end of our scouting reports so that players know what platform that particular rival is being scouted from and then either add or subtract approximately 15%. It is very inconvenient, but it is what it is until it is fixed. That is if this issue is ever fixed.

yeah we do the same. personally, what my team scouts no matter their device i go for a 15% buffer. unless their name is Alex...then there is no 15% buffer. always gotta smash an alex haha

manlikesam
08-12-2013, 08:55 AM
It's stupid an android member would scout a player and say its 260k def , I on iOS go to hit him and its 320k def

08-12-2013, 09:28 AM
I have a 300 k swing in my attack it makes things very difficult

08-12-2013, 09:32 AM
It gets worse on android the stronger you get. Profile says 1.45 mil ally view you cant trust what ur profile says. My attack varries from 1.42 mil all the way down to 1.08 mil

Philly982
08-12-2013, 10:11 AM
It gets worse on android the stronger you get. Profile says 1.45 mil ally view you cant trust what ur profile says. My attack varries from 1.42 mil all the way down to 1.08 mil

I can verify that. I am not as strong as you are, but have tracked the variations as my stats have progressed and it definitely seems to fluctuate more the higher your stats become. This makes me believe that the bonuses are not calculated consistently or accurately from attack to attack. Maybe the dice roll applies to raw stats and then the bonuses are applied? The higher the stats you have then generally you have more bonuses along with more units for those bonuses to be applied to, hence why larger stat players seem to have larger fluctuations. This is just my opinion though.

keeskiller
08-12-2013, 10:19 AM
yes same problem here, i scouted somebody with 300k and other guy had 360.. he is on IOS

Stooboot
08-12-2013, 10:26 AM
All I can say is why is this a problem here and in crime city there is never a problem with this. Get ur ish together gree this is costing people money

Ghost 6
08-12-2013, 01:24 PM
This is all BS. My attack was 305k but all I can ever use is around 220k. I'm not sure what happened, but it was not like this prior to the WD Event.