PDA

View Full Version : What is it like to fight for top 25

Bholmes
08-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Bet those units a wonderful... Hopefully i can compete in top 25 faction next domination.

DaBoss!
08-11-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm not a top 25 player, but i would guess it means empty wallets. Or is that top10......

Bholmes
08-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Lol "empty wallets" ... Top 10 are empty bank accounts

erickd271
08-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Battle every hour :P have fun with faction members currently top 25

marklinalexanderho
08-11-2013, 06:29 PM
it's taxing.. on their WALLETS haha.

juz got our butts handed to us from one of them top 25 factions. tink we paid them some 600k ransom wd points for shoving some snow up our behinds T.T hopefully system can pair us up w/ a top 1000 faction some time so we can get a breathe eh =)

Starling
08-11-2013, 07:29 PM
We love top 25. Of course the higher you rank the more it costs the faction players. We don't have any free players. But we choose to be paying players. We love the units. We also have the same fun and crazyness of most factions. But we have zero drama as we remove those players.

Superdude
08-11-2013, 08:38 PM
We are top 50 soon to be top 25 it's a lot of fun because you start to know the other guys in factions and help each other out

Starling
08-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Superdude is right. There is a lot of outside faction friendships up here. Makes the game much more fun.

Hooligany
08-11-2013, 10:50 PM
More battles n participation from more players. More communication n responsibility each player holds.
More battles against the top 10 boys. Keen to come on board? Pm me. Haha

I am a cow
08-11-2013, 11:27 PM
fun and annoying lol

HExXxENBEAST@SUP1
08-11-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm not your average top 10 player- been the center of quite a bit of drama, especially of late having gone from SUP to Ferr when it's normally the other way around for most who jump.

I'll tell you what it's like. Meet a lot of fun people from different factions, especially in the Sup group since they're breeding like rabbits of late. Make some enemies along the way (I've done a superb job of that recently) and spend more money than is justified. Seriously, when I called iTunes support about blocks from buying too many vaults in a row too quickly, the rep said, verbatim: " When you told me the amount of money you were dealing with, and you said it's for the Modern War game, I had to pause for a moment because I thought you were yanking my chain. You spend that much on that app??"
How embarrassing.
If he only knew how insignificant I am in comparison to some people's expenditures in the top 10.
Anyways, it's DRAMATIC, fascinating, and of late, just plain IRRITATING because some of the top doggies get a little too serious about this. I could meet 99% of these guys in real life and not even connect any transgressions in the game to real life. We are all playing a grown up version of "pretend" after all. However, given the recent vitriol towards me and my move to Ferr, I half suspect that I could meet some of these guys in real life and get the cold shoulder.
Hence my describing this as "fascinating".
It's a little teeny app in a sea of apps, on a little teeny device in a sea of devices, and completely irrelevant to real life. It's supposed to be an escape from the crap we deal with in real life- not something that consumes us and blurs our line between reality and role play.

Sometimes I feel like Heath Ledger when he played the Joker, and I want to shake my head, roll my eyes and proclaimto some people: Why soooo SERIOUS????

I come here to role play, then I turn off the app, and POOF! That's that's until I return for another reprieve from reality.
But here in top, that mentality ain't always the case.

But it's a hell of a roller coaster ride LOL.

WarrenG
08-12-2013, 07:32 AM
I wanted to be a top 25 player, but I didn't win that $425,000,000 powerball jackpot :-(

Max Power
08-12-2013, 08:08 AM
I'm not your average top 10 player- been the center of quite a bit of drama, especially of late having gone from SUP to Ferr when it's normally the other way around for most who jump.

I'll tell you what it's like. Meet a lot of fun people from different factions, especially in the Sup group since they're breeding like rabbits of late. Make some enemies along the way (I've done a superb job of that recently) and spend more money than is justified. Seriously, when I called iTunes support about blocks from buying too many vaults in a row too quickly, the rep said, verbatim: " When you told me the amount of money you were dealing with, and you said it's for the Modern War game, I had to pause for a moment because I thought you were yanking my chain. You spend that much on that app??"
How embarrassing.
If he only knew how insignificant I am in comparison to some people's expenditures in the top 10.
Anyways, it's DRAMATIC, fascinating, and of late, just plain IRRITATING because some of the top doggies get a little too serious about this. I could meet 99% of these guys in real life and not even connect any transgressions in the game to real life. We are all playing a grown up version of "pretend" after all. However, given the recent vitriol towards me and my move to Ferr, I half suspect that I could meet some of these guys in real life and get the cold shoulder.
Hence my describing this as "fascinating".
It's a little teeny app in a sea of apps, on a little teeny device in a sea of devices, and completely irrelevant to real life. It's supposed to be an escape from the crap we deal with in real life- not something that consumes us and blurs our line between reality and role play.

Sometimes I feel like Heath Ledger when he played the Joker, and I want to shake my head, roll my eyes and proclaimto some people: Why soooo SERIOUS????

I come here to role play, then I turn off the app, and POOF! That's that's until I return for another reprieve from reality.
But here in top, that mentality ain't always the case.

But it's a hell of a roller coaster ride LOL.

I hear ya. I am on a borderline top 100 faction, and the idea of wasting one of our few beautiful weekends a year with my face planted in a little LED screen costing me real money in the process, is making me feel more and more pathetic every day.

I am thinking at some point I could see moving to a more casual experience and giving up on those 2 or 3 extra prizes every month.

HExXxENBEAST@SUP1
08-12-2013, 08:21 AM
I hear ya. I am on a borderline top 100 faction, and the idea of wasting one of our few beautiful weekends a year with my face planted in a little LED screen costing me real money in the process, is making me feel more and more pathetic every day.

I am thinking at some point I could see moving to a more casual experienece and giving up on those 2 or 3 extra prizes every month.

Well, I just landed on the unemployment line due to cuts of non-tenured faculty in our district, so I'll be romping around with my LLP for the next war, since gold bonus won't be out before then.
Yes, trolls, you heard me right. You know who you are.
Go celebrate the death of a penguin.

Andy240388
08-12-2013, 08:23 AM
I have to ask then, what is the ball park figure that you have to spend each month to be in a top 10 faction?

HExXxENBEAST@SUP1
08-12-2013, 08:33 AM
I can speak from top three- minimum of $750 to meet the points requirements, but many spend WAY more than that.

HExXxENBEAST@SUP1
08-12-2013, 08:35 AM
But the gold bonuses help alleviate a small part of that here and there.....
If I spend $1000 one month and get 15000 bonus gold, I play free the next month, and on and on. Works out to be $500 a month on average that way. But like I said, most don't do just the minimum requirement.

WarrenG
08-12-2013, 08:36 AM
I can speak from top three- minimum of $750 to meet the points requirements, but many spend WAY more than that.

I've heard of players spending $25,000 or more, is that fact or fiction?

HExXxENBEAST@SUP1
08-12-2013, 08:45 AM
I've heard of people hitting the $10,000 gold bonus tier, but not sure about that high

marklinalexanderho
08-12-2013, 10:48 AM
it's d same reality everywhere..

when we have enuf food & lodging we want money & companionship
when we have enuf frens & money we want more
when we have more we want fame & prestige

dis pyramid list of needs & wants isn't exhaustive btw haha

no worries tho it's only gonna get worse as more & more things in life tear away at our focus & attention at d stuff dat really matters.. even until year 2100 & nobody can stop it sadly.

juz take it easy step at a time live ur life rite now is wad i can suggest =) cheers!

bodoi
08-12-2013, 12:23 PM

I'm curious, what the numbers for top 25, top 50, top 100... are.

SevenO9
08-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Top 25 is roughly 1-2 vault per event.

bcars
08-12-2013, 12:35 PM
I believe that most of the top 10 teams expect each team member to generate 300K WD points per event. I would suspect that the top 25 would be within 10% to 20% of that number, but the variance could be bigger depending the specific team make up.

As an anecdote, there was a pretty fierce, last hour battle for the 9th, 10th, 11th place spot this time around and it was documented on this forum pretty well. The Buckwheat Connection fought a very strong final battle and pulled it out, with PUN Original blazing in and surprising us. Exciting finish.

SevenO9
08-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Just saw the India rewards. Top 25 will be more expensive next event ...

Agent Orange
08-12-2013, 12:47 PM
What is it like to fight for top 25

Expensive

ProCision
08-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Just saw the India rewards. Top 25 will be more expensive next event ...

that unit should bring in a ton of money. Also should be 10% not 5%.

Stooboot
08-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Fun but nerve racking everyone is so close u can go from 20th to 26th b4 a battle is over. Top 10 and 50 are the same way also. Idk why sup even plays the game any more its not fun if u just know ur gonna win every time its not even a game at that point