PDA

View Full Version : Why build walls?

ExtremeP7
08-11-2013, 04:41 PM
This is a serious question. I understand that higher ranking faction want to limit how many points the opposing faction earns, but for a middle of the road faction, why do you need high level walls (or walls at all)? Our faction has been debating this for awhile, and the compromise was to purchase crumby level 3 walls. The guys supporting that we continue to buy walls believe that they limit attacks and casualties on our end (although this is increasingly pointless as we obtain indestructible armies). The other camp thinks we should have no walls and try to draw some defensive wins from the opposing scouts.

Are we missing something?

Superdude
08-11-2013, 04:43 PM
The other team scores 1/2 WD from targets until the wall is down. More hits needed: less energy for targets

ExtremeP7
08-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Sorry guys, just found an old thread answering the same question (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?55480-Fortifications&highlight=fortification). Feel free to comment anyway, I'm still listening!

marklinalexanderho
08-11-2013, 06:32 PM
walls r pretty vital even lvl 5 or so if u can afford =)
btw i like ur siggy! haha

ffp
08-11-2013, 06:46 PM
If the whole faction has above average stats, no wall makes sense. We met up with a faction without wall, we scouted the list and had almost 80% losses. But if you have LLPs then wall protects them.

lemonhaze
08-11-2013, 07:17 PM
walls also makes them use more gold if its not a faction that is gold heavy then when u got lvl 10 walls up u just cut their points down alot bc they gotta use 4 or 5 players to get that wall down..we have lvl 10 walls from start to finish everone got thier own way to play..i cant say im right and i cant say ur right..its just a stragety that everone plays the game difficent..gl2u

I am a cow
08-11-2013, 11:39 PM
walls also makes them use more gold if its not a faction that is gold heavy then when u got lvl 10 walls up u just cut their points down alot bc they gotta use 4 or 5 players to get that wall down..we have lvl 10 walls from start to finish everone got thier own way to play..i cant say im right and i cant say ur right..its just a stragety that everone plays the game difficent..gl2u

I hit walls all ar long and we can take a wall down for free and unleash havoc on the opponent

I am a cow
08-11-2013, 11:40 PM

I hit walls all ar long and we can take a wall down for free and unleash havoc on the opponent

Dutchie
08-12-2013, 05:36 AM
If the whole faction has above average stats, no wall makes sense. We met up with a faction without wall, we scouted the list and had almost 80% losses. But if you have LLPs then wall protects them.

Could have been us maybe? We don't do walls... a waste of time and we calculated that we are likely to score more defensive hits without walls than with walls. We don't care what the other team score, but we do care what we score.

rar
08-12-2013, 06:39 AM
Don't build walls, not need, they don' t help you at all. Please don't build walls. Please. :)

WarrenG
08-12-2013, 07:00 AM
We don't use them because they only last about two seconds anyway.

Andy240388
08-12-2013, 08:02 AM
You don't actually gain any defensive wins that you wouldn't get anyway (if the opposition is organised)...once the wall is down, then they will do their scouting as normal and find a target they like. So you are not 'gaining' anything without a wall because the opposition would scout you as normal anyway. But if you have a wall then you are stopping the opposition from attacking the 'points pig' more!

Basically walls don't do anything for you except stop a few extra attacks on the weak member of your team and stops the opposition from getting a few extra points (probably about 5000 points if you have lvl 10 walls).

So you can make your own mind up if you think they are useful or not (I suppose it depends if you are the weak link in your team or not, because if they were found every time then that's an extra 500 hits on them by the end of the war)

scurvynaive
08-12-2013, 09:19 AM
I love how everyone is telling OP how a wall works lol. He knows how it works he is asking whats the point. Unless you are top ten who gives a beep's beep how many points your opponents get. Protecting your weak members is a valid issue but as mentioned becoming less and less important with indestructible armies.
And even organized opponents fail sometimes with fluctuations of 60% how could they not fail occasionally not to mention not all opponents are organized especially when OP says he is in a middle of the road faction.

Dutchie
08-12-2013, 10:36 AM
You don't actually gain any defensive wins that you wouldn't get anyway (if the opposition is organised)...once the wall is down, then they will do their scouting as normal and find a target they like. So you are not 'gaining' anything without a wall because the opposition would scout you as normal anyway. But if you have a wall then you are stopping the opposition from attacking the 'points pig' more!

Basically walls don't do anything for you except stop a few extra attacks on the weak member of your team and stops the opposition from getting a few extra points (probably about 5000 points if you have lvl 10 walls).

So you can make your own mind up if you think they are useful or not (I suppose it depends if you are the weak link in your team or not, because if they were found every time then that's an extra 500 hits on them by the end of the war)

For all the resources they consume ($ and concrete), they are really not worth it, but everyone can make up their own minds.

lemonhaze
08-12-2013, 10:43 AM
I hit walls all ar long and we can take a wall down for free and unleash havoc on the opponent it dont mattter if u take them done free or with gold the point is u are gonna use some that heatlh up..im in a top 25 faction and i have not seen 1 team here we faced with out a lvl 10 wall..so obviously they work we fight top 10 teams to all lvl 10 walls..

RedCloud
08-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Walls are only there to keep the opposing team from getting full battle points. They don't help you, they just hurt the opposition. And more importantly, they help Gree because so many players resort to gold to bring them down--and THIS is why Gree invented walls. We don't use them.

BearBackJuneau
08-12-2013, 01:57 PM
I say we recruit some new members and tell them that our walls prevent them from leaving...

agrove27
08-14-2013, 10:56 AM
we didn't build any walls this war either and didn't notice any difference. oru faction isn't super aggressive though i'm mainly in it for the bonuses.

Thief
08-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Walls don't matter unless you fall to 11th, 26th, 51st, 76th, 101st, 151st....etc and only loose by a small margin of points.

Then you will kick yourself for not having them.

Now on the flip side what do they cost? Concrete? Okay have a few thousand bricks....there is nothing else to do with it?

Cash? Pennys really when you compare what upgrades you would have bought with the cash that you used on Forts.

ExtremeP7
08-14-2013, 11:54 AM

Excellent point, I hadn't thought of it this way. You would only really be gaining extra defensive points if the absence of a wall made your opponent attack more indiscriminately, leading to extra attacks against you prior to or in the absence of scouting. For lower ranking factions, I think this may be true (not many scouts in the 1500 realm...), but mid-range and top tier I think you are correct.

On a related note, does anyone have a sense of whether you score higher defensive win points if your opponents wall is missing or destroyed?

bearbellycub
08-14-2013, 12:10 PM
On a related note, does anyone have a sense of whether you score higher defensive win points if your opponents wall is missing or destroyed?

I have a question regarding this as well .... And how it affects attacking the defense leader.

jchow69
08-14-2013, 12:42 PM
It helps in KA, because you get stacked units if you win so many battles. In KA, walls really matter.