PDA

View Full Version : Boss event: A full 2 hours left to complete?

& The Horse U Rode In On
08-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Maybe I'm being a N00B, maybe I'm just tired from being up all night battling, but can't you start a boss attack with less than 2 hours left in the event and be allowed to finish it? This is what I thought I read before but searching is useless on here and nothing in the FAQ

My LLP started the Acoby boss event with about 1 hr 20 minutes left in the total event trying to get the level 30 prize. He finished about 15 minutes after the event ended and received the FD-27 prize but not the Atlantic Leviathan level 30 bonus prize. When I sent in a ticket to Gree, here is what I received:

Thank you for your patience while undergoing an investigation regarding this matter.

We have found that you did not receive this specific prize as you did not complete the goal prior to the event ending. Please understand that the event ends when the goal has ended.

The boss event goal is specified as scheduled; you do not receive credit for any defeat after the goal has been completed. This is intended by design and our apologies for any confusion you may have experienced.

Regards,

R

My point is if I received one prize for beating the boss after the event ended, shouldn't I receive both? If what Gree says is true, then I shouldn't have been awarded the FD-27 either

Anjunbeats
08-10-2013, 08:13 AM
I experienced the exact same thing. I completed boss 35 about 1.5 hours after the event ended. I received the "regular" unit but not the extra one.

But I am not complaining, the event was officially over, so I guess it is just fair to everyone else who finished the event in time.

Cmdr_Vessery
08-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Even though it has been common practice in the past to acquire the "5" level prize, over the last 2 Boss events the opposite has been true. SO, at this point I would to be done with the boss level you want by the end of the countdown timer.

Probably the safest way to go about it. I finished on lv 40 the day ending of the event, but I completed it at 11am and stopped at that point.

For the sake of ending the event on time, it should be handled just like the WD last battle on Monday's. You cannot declare inside of the last hour of the event. Same thing with the boss event, if you trigger it within the last 2 hours of the event and do not complete it by the time it hits "zero", too bad.

Just the way it should be plain and simple. No confusion with a black and white rule.

Now, I will agree with you that receiving the random prize for completing the level is strange and not getting the bonus prize even worse.

Better luck next time.

& The Horse U Rode In On
08-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Thanks Cmdr for your feedback. Long time players with constructive answers are what this forum is all about

KalebR
08-11-2013, 02:50 AM
Maybe I'm being a N00B, maybe I'm just tired from being up all night battling, but can't you start a boss attack with less than 2 hours left in the event and be allowed to finish it? This is what I thought I read before but searching is useless on here and nothing in the FAQ

My LLP started the Acoby boss event with about 1 hr 20 minutes left in the total event trying to get the level 30 prize. He finished about 15 minutes after the event ended and received the FD-27 prize but not the Atlantic Leviathan level 30 bonus prize. When I sent in a ticket to Gree, here is what I received:

Thank you for your patience while undergoing an investigation regarding this matter.

We have found that you did not receive this specific prize as you did not complete the goal prior to the event ending. Please understand that the event ends when the goal has ended.

The boss event goal is specified as scheduled; you do not receive credit for any defeat after the goal has been completed. This is intended by design and our apologies for any confusion you may have experienced.

Regards,

R

My point is if I received one prize for beating the boss after the event ended, shouldn't I receive both? If what Gree says is true, then I shouldn't have been awarded the FD-27 either
Hi, I have an answer. The exact thing happened to me and I was awarded the unit after a week of talking to gree haha. So take a snapshot of all of the units that you received from the boss event. Whether its 5 rares, 10 uncommons and 15 commons or whatever, just take a screenshot of them in your inventory. Then send all snapshots and a brief message saying how many rares, uncommons and commons you received. Make sure you state which ones you got. 2x fd-27 dragonfly, 2x ..., 4x (other common unit), 6x (common unit), etc. I did this and after talking to 3 people I got a message saying: hello, sorry about the inconvenience, I have gone ahead and credited your account with the unit. Then I went into my game and there it was! Hope that helps

lemonhaze
08-11-2013, 02:54 AM

Regards,

R

My point is if I received one prize for beating the boss after the event ended, shouldn't I receive both? If what Gree says is true, then I shouldn't have been awarded the FD-27 either same thing happend to a memeber on the last boss..he finsihed lvl 50 and got a rare but didnt get the blue bird plane..its really silly tat u can get one of the units but not the main prize..thats why i try to finish all the things i plan on doing at least 30 mins b4 it ends so this does not happen to me after seeing it happen to many ppl..and he got the same exact email response as u posted

& The Horse U Rode In On
08-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi, I have an answer. The exact thing happened to me and I was awarded the unit after a week of talking to gree haha. So take a snapshot of all of the units that you received from the boss event. Whether its 5 rares, 10 uncommons and 15 commons or whatever, just take a screenshot of them in your inventory. Then send all snapshots and a brief message saying how many rares, uncommons and commons you received. Make sure you state which ones you got. 2x fd-27 dragonfly, 2x ..., 4x (other common unit), 6x (common unit), etc. I did this and after talking to 3 people I got a message saying: hello, sorry about the inconvenience, I have gone ahead and credited your account with the unit. Then I went into my game and there it was! Hope that helps

Yes, I included a screen shot of the level 30 basic prize being awarded AND the 5th tier prize! That is what I don't understand. I saw both awards but the Leviathan is not in the inventory - any inventory. But thanks for all the replies. I will ping them again

Cmdr_Vessery
08-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Yes, I included a screen shot of the level 30 basic prize being awarded AND the 5th tier prize! That is what I don't understand. I saw both awards but the Leviathan is not in the inventory - any inventory. But thanks for all the replies. I will ping them again

If you have the screenshot of it being awarded, then I'm pretty sure you would get the unit.. Just may take a little bit to get customer service to give it up. Stand fast and hold them to it. Especially if you have screenies... The old saying holds true here, "pics or it didn't happen".

Good luck.

AdamInToronto
08-12-2013, 07:14 PM
See, the thing about the boss events is that - unlike the WD event - you can use gold to complete it. So, if you had 9 minutes left in the boss event and you triggered another boss, you could, theoretically, use gold to beat the boss in less than 9 minutes and get the associated prizes.

The problem is you might only have 9 minutes to beat him, but you're given a 2 hour countdown. Apparently, it's YOUR responsibility to ignore the boss timer, and NOT Gree's responsibility to give you a timer with the right amount of time on the clock.