PDA

View Full Version : Low value war rewards, equals low turn out !!

Vegaman
08-10-2013, 05:13 AM
Many of our faction, about 40%, are not bothering with the Canada War as the rewards for us mid placed factions in the 400's placings, are very poor vs the Gold needed to get into top 25... and get decent toys...

Agreed the insane top 25 teams will spend like mad, but i notice its a lot less busy as you look down the lists. There are some 20,000 factions of which 6-7,000 are active. I doubt if this war will line the pockets of GREE as most are happy to let this one go and save resources for the next LTQ.

slgreenwell
08-10-2013, 11:30 AM
I have tried to explain this to my faction when they complain about low player turnout for wars.It is not worth the time and effort it takes to organize and compete in battles for such low rewards.The ltq rewards are better and you can particapate when you have time and at your own pace.But its about more than that.I enjoy the comaraderie of our faction. Its the only thing that keeps me playing this bug and glitch filled unfair game.

Gas faction, soon looking for members 506-390-392
we are a top 750 faction. Become my ally if you are interested in joining.
AKA- Poppa Bear 686-862-923

jchow69
08-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Many of our faction, about 40%, are not bothering with the Canada War as the rewards for us mid placed factions in the 400's placings, are very poor vs the Gold needed to get into top 25... and get decent toys...

Agreed the insane top 25 teams will spend like mad, but i notice its a lot less busy as you look down the lists. There are some 20,000 factions of which 6-7,000 are active. I doubt if this war will line the pockets of GREE as most are happy to let this one go and save resources for the next LTQ.

Who's even gonna do the next LTQ if it has crap prizes and no boosts?

Mastert55
08-10-2013, 12:08 PM

You spoke my mind.

KFH
08-10-2013, 12:16 PM

Agreed the insane top 25 teams will spend like mad, but i notice its a lot less busy as you look down the lists. There are some 20,000 factions of which 6-7,000 are active. I doubt if this war will line the pockets of GREE as most are happy to let this one go and save resources for the next LTQ.you can get top 250 with using very little gold, getting top 400 using none would not be that hard. I have a great time playing these wd wars it's the time when my faction gets together as a team. If you play it right you could not spend much time and still get a couple of decent prize

what i'm trying to say is that for the effort it takes to make top 400 the prizes are not all that bad, and they seem to have the only boosts lately

elangomatt
08-10-2013, 12:33 PM
I still say Gree(d) is dumb for doing these WD events every 3 weeks like they're doing, but they aren't going to change the schedule any time soon with the top 3/10/25 teams spending gold like crazy. The truth is that Gree really doesn't care all that much about anyone outside of probably the top 100 factions.

SGT Rud
08-10-2013, 12:41 PM
There was only one LTQ everyone referances to, that had boost units. And if Im mistaken, mods came on and stated that it was an error. I would not be looking for boost units anytime soon when leaning towards doing an LTQ.

Pertaining to your opinion of good vs bad boost unit prizes for this WD, do you already have it? I am sure that a +1 valor, when additive to another +1 valor will eventually add up to two, then to three, then soon you will be rolling in valor. Fields of valor.

Perhaps units will continue to go in this direction. Maybe we should be less concerned with the bonus, and more towards the unit and its stats themselves.

Chris_
08-10-2013, 12:56 PM
The mods said that putting the bonus units in past LTQ was a mistake. I like wars because of the boosts. I would say almost half my stats are boost. But I am in a top 25 faction that jumps into the top 10 every once in a while.

jchow69
08-10-2013, 06:19 PM
The mods said that putting the bonus units in past LTQ was a mistake. I like wars because of the boosts. I would say almost half my stats are boost. But I am in a top 25 faction that jumps into the top 10 every once in a while.

Wow, so no boosts were intended! Well, then no more doing LTQs for me!