PDA

View Full Version : How does your faction conduct wars?

Bstreazy
08-09-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm curious as to how everybody's faction fights. Nonstop wars? Alternating offensive and defensive wars? Wars every 2 hours? Every 90 minutes? What has everyone found works best, and at what tier?

Powerbang
08-09-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm curious as to how everybody's faction fights. Nonstop wars? Alternating offensive and defensive wars? Wars every 2 hours? Every 90 minutes? What has everyone found works best, and at what tier?

since there are 68 hours left in this war, here is our exact strategy... I can tell you we are currently sitting through a war to regen.

GuyInLobsterSuit
08-11-2013, 12:24 AM
Generally drunk.

Mcdoc
08-11-2013, 02:49 AM
You can't earn points if you ain't fighting!

While you think the 8 or 9 of you in chat need to "recharge" - there are prob 12 to 20 others who would pop by on a break or quick opportunity & drop 4 to 6 hits IF you were at war. One faction I was in did battles every 2 hours - pre-planned from the beginning - the never got past Top 25 - so - I would guess that strategy has limited opportunity for a Top 10 finish

Doesn't matter how many fights you win or lose - what matters is how many WD points - and you can only get those in battle :)

lemonhaze
08-11-2013, 03:06 AM
i agree with mcdoc we fight back to back but most of our team are gold users so we dont really worry about regan

I am a cow
08-11-2013, 03:18 AM
i agree with mcdoc we fight back to back but most of our team are gold users so we dont really worry about regan

Agreed we have a recharge war where we score points but make sure that we are full charge for the "organized" war

Mcdoc
08-11-2013, 04:30 AM
OK - I will edit my position to this ONE factor - IF Modern War gets the same prize incentive as Kingdom Age - win 45 wars and get this Uber Prize - THEN I think people will change the way they plan their battles :) (slightly)

fkamb
08-11-2013, 06:10 AM
We still do it the oldfashioned way, every two hours, planned. But then again, we are a light to non gold faction who is sitting comfortable in top 400 and will get to top 250 next time. I like the build up in this format and the hour rest.

ProCision
08-11-2013, 07:00 AM
73 hours, 73 wars

Captain Steelman
08-11-2013, 07:05 AM
73 hours, 73 wars

I need to buy one more fort....

CJ D
08-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Yeah. Best we can do is 72...lag time pairing and junk. Lol.

ProCision
08-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Yeah. Best we can do is 72...lag time pairing and junk. Lol.

i agree

10char.

Dan Cai
08-11-2013, 12:55 PM
We break 70 mins in between battles, IMO regen wars only give away points hence making it harder to get up the ladder we don't use gold and are just sitting out of top 500 with 12 empty spaces in our faction and half the faction being our llp's. we're having lots of fun and getting on great with the new players only problem is we have ran into a few hackers and our win/loss numbers are not true.

TIMB0
08-11-2013, 10:32 PM
You can't earn points if you ain't fighting!

While you think the 8 or 9 of you in chat need to "recharge" - there are prob 12 to 20 others who would pop by on a break or quick opportunity & drop 4 to 6 hits IF you were at war. One faction I was in did battles every 2 hours - pre-planned from the beginning - the never got past Top 25 - so - I would guess that strategy has limited opportunity for a Top 10 finish

Doesn't matter how many fights you win or lose - what matters is how many WD points - and you can only get those in battle :)

Absolutely right. Sorry but factions who choose not to war 100% are losing...uh...nevermind those factions are smart, WISE beyond their years. Keep doing it. Good things come in threes, so schedule an all faction war 'n' BBQ every 3 hours. Rain or shine!

CJ D
08-12-2013, 08:47 AM
We break 70 mins in between battles, IMO regen wars only give away points hence making it harder to get up the ladder we don't use gold and are just sitting out of top 500 with 12 empty spaces in our faction and half the faction being our llp's. we're having lots of fun and getting on great with the new players only problem is we have ran into a few hackers and our win/loss numbers are not true.

Lol. You do realize that the faction that you "give points away" to will be fighting regardless of whether you are or not. They will still get points. "Smartly" setting up your faction can give you several thousand points without touching a button.

Btw, does no one on your team regen faster than 70 minutes? If so, for every minutes that just one of your members are at full health with no opportunity to hit something costs you points. The ONLY time you can lose points in this event is if you are full. You should NEVER want anyone in your faction to get to full strength for longer than it takes to hit the button to attack.

Mr. Pink
08-12-2013, 10:26 AM

I've done/looked into just about every kind of declaration strategy you can think of.

At the end of the day it depends on a lot of factors but but I notice the 3 most important factors (IMO) are:

1. Relative ranking - It takes longer to get matched up as you move up the faction rankings. This can screw up the timing of scheduled battles.

2. Gold usage - Scheduled battles are not as mission critical to gold heavy factions. Their main objective is to find a great target and literally unload 80% to 90% of your gold in 2-3 battles. Out of 60+ battles, you might only get 5 or 10 truly great targets so it's important to declare as often as possible to find them.

3. Member composition - People are busy and having a scheduled battle plan is a great way to maximize participation from busy members (Dads). If your faction is mostly free, organization is extremely important to maximize point production. Also, if your faction has a wide range of stats, scheduled battles give lower stat members an opportunity to contribute (wall banging, power attacking, scouting) since the odds of consistently finding good targets to attack is low.

We have scheduled battles with recharge rounds in between (about 62 battles or so). This helps to harmonize the battle cadence of the faction and allows us to keep better track of activity and participation (WD points is only a part of what gets evaluated in our faction).

ProCision
08-12-2013, 12:21 PM
We went 66 wins and 6 losses. thats pretty much fighting non stop.

heal
08-12-2013, 02:44 PM
I can't see thw point in having this discussion. I've always believed that some things are better worked out for oneself, eg prestaging.

warrends
08-12-2013, 03:35 PM
We went 66 wins and 6 losses. thats pretty much fighting non stop.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know? After the very first battle on Friday we were 1 and 6. GREE's software was just a little buggy. At war's end I honestly had no idea what our win/loss rate was. Doesn't really matter though since points are all that count.

h22apwrd94
08-12-2013, 03:41 PM
OK - I will edit my position to this ONE factor - IF Modern War gets the same prize incentive as Kingdom Age - win 45 wars and get this Uber Prize - THEN I think people will change the way they plan their battles :) (slightly)

They have to learn how to count the wins properly to begin with, correct?:D

brandygee
08-12-2013, 07:32 PM
We war every 90 mins, preplanned from the start. Only about 25-26 battles and we placed between 500-600. I have 31 active members.

How many active members do you have in order to have 72 wars? That is a lot of walls or do you go without?

CJ D
08-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Walls for every war, and how many members doesn't really matter. If they are active, they are active. We have folks who may take 10-12 hours off during the 72. Others much less in higher factions. Being primarily gold free requires activity and lots of wars.

Stooboot
08-12-2013, 08:03 PM
One faction I was in did battles every 2 hours - pre-planned from the beginning - the never got past Top 25

every 2 hours? Idk how u got past top 100 jeez

We war every 90 mins, preplanned from the start. Only about 25-26 battles and we placed between 500-600.

In crime city I would battle every 90 mins cause there is no health regen but here u have faction regen + individual regen u should be battling at least every hour for a top 500