PDA

View Full Version : Boss advice

out of names
08-08-2013, 07:07 PM
My LLP us lvl 24 at the moment with 30k attack and is on lvl 37 of the boss, every boss I do gains me half a lvl, I already gained 6 Lvls so far. Should I finish boss 50 or wait to finish boss 50 on the next boss event?

MattThomas08
08-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Finish boss 50. It's unlikely you'll be able to hold off on passing L25 before the next boss. I'd do as many bosses after Boss 50 as you can also.

Back hand emus
08-08-2013, 07:14 PM
id hold off. In mw i was faced with this exact problem down to the level. I waited and didnt do ANYTHING in mw for a week and as long as you dont go past 25 youre good. I say wait. and it made that next boss event go by so much easier

jmeijer
08-08-2013, 07:17 PM
I would go as far as you can. You have a big chance of leveling up to tier 2 before a new boss event gets released. Go grab the grand prize for free!

murf
08-08-2013, 08:43 PM
I was in the same boat, and decided to go for it...I'm currently on Boss 65...so far 27 commons (12 explosives) / 20 uncommons / 17 rares....

There's a chance the next Boss Event isn't for 6 weeks...gonna be hard to just sit there at L24...

c00guy
08-08-2013, 09:08 PM
I agree with MT, you wont be able to hold on to level 25 till the next boss (it's likely the next set of events won't have one coz the pattern is one boss every 2 battles).

But I don't think you should go past level 50 boss, no point in doing that. Level 50 boss is 255 XP and I dunno if subsequent level xp increases by 5 every level or not, but the general camper principle of getting 2 attack stats per XP is not possible even if you get all rares. Absolutely no point!!

murf
08-08-2013, 10:53 PM
I agree with MT, you wont be able to hold on to level 25 till the next boss (it's likely the next set of events won't have one coz the pattern is one boss every 2 battles).

But I don't think you should go past level 50 boss, no point in doing that. Level 50 boss is 255 XP and I dunno if subsequent level xp increases by 5 every level or not, but the general camper principle of getting 2 attack stats per XP is not possible even if you get all rares. Absolutely no point!!

Well, I think it depends how the attack is gained per xp....

Extreme example - a 2 attack items costing 1 xp...
Most realistic example - 50 attack item costing 25 xp

Right now what I've gotten on bosses 51-68 - Average 210 attack for 255 xp

Now I'd much rather have the very high attack score (even with the worse Attack/xp ratio) from these uncommon and rares, because they will always hold most of their value.

By this I mean, as your marginal weapon becomes stronger, say 36 attack (my L247 last gun attack is RPGs)...the 50 attack item is really worth 14 now, while the 210 attack item is still worth 194....

This is similar to why you don't load up on cheap RP weapons only to replace them later...don't load up on cheap xp weapons either..

Carloco
08-08-2013, 11:09 PM
So are you saying to keep the 2att/1xp ratio you probably should stop atlevel 30 or make it to level 50 to make it worth it so you can get the major prizes

OffensivelyNamedGuy
08-09-2013, 04:51 AM
For what it's worth, during the first boss event with this new format I calculated the att/XP at all boss levels with basic assumptions, and it was pretty much the same at level 20, 30, [40 since it hadnt been confirmed yet] and 50.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47322-The-Billionaires-Guide-to-Boss-Events&p=811658#post811658

If you think you are a camper and are getting only 2att to 1xp then think again.

bald zeemer
08-09-2013, 05:22 AM

Now I'd much rather have the very high attack score (even with the worse Attack/xp ratio) from these uncommon and rares, because they will always hold most of their value.

By this I mean, as your marginal weapon becomes stronger, say 36 attack (my L247 last gun attack is RPGs)...the 50 attack item is really worth 14 now, while the 210 attack item is still worth 194....

This is similar to why you don't load up on cheap RP weapons only to replace them later...don't load up on cheap xp weapons either..

That's an outstanding point, and draws into focus the failure in forward thinking in a lot of camper strategies.

Realistically there needs to be some larger equation analysing attack points per item. At the most basic some 2-tiered analysis of current and long-term goal may suffice, but with current stat inflation that may prove impossible.

c00guy
08-09-2013, 05:58 AM

I think that would hold true for higher level players with more stats. For lower level players, pure stats and replacement value are almost the same. The OP just has 30k stats so I reckon it doesn't make sense for him to go beyond level 50 boss at all!

c00guy
08-09-2013, 05:58 AM
So are you saying to keep the 2att/1xp ratio you probably should stop atlevel 30 or make it to level 50 to make it worth it so you can get the major prizes

Go for boss level 50 but don't keep killing boss after you get the top prize

murf
08-09-2013, 06:04 AM
I think that would hold true for higher level players with more stats. For lower level players, pure stats and replacement value are almost the same. The OP just has 30k stats so I reckon it doesn't make sense for him to go beyond level 50 boss at all!

For now their the same, but eventually they will get phased out...so would you also advise to buy NVBs?...it's the same thing...

well my camper account (which was tier1 just like OP) is now on boss 73, and I'm happy with my decision

c00guy
08-09-2013, 06:06 AM
For now their the same, but eventually they will get phased out...so would you also advise to buy NVBs?...it's the same thing...

well my camper account (which was tier1 just like OP) is now on boss 73, and I'm happy with my decision

It's like saying eventually as a higher level you would have to do LTQs at some point so why not start now? Simple answer is you want to maintain your stats per level. If you make these decisions, it may turn out fine in the long run say after 9 months, but in that 9 month period your stats per level would be out of whack

bald zeemer
08-09-2013, 06:18 AM
It's like saying eventually as a higher level you would have to do LTQs at some point so why not start now? Simple answer is you want to maintain your stats per level. If you make these decisions, it may turn out fine in the long run say after 9 months, but in that 9 month period your stats per level would be out of whack

9 months ago 200k stats was considered very powerful in the shark tank. Right now the guys on 200k will find it hard to get a handful of wins in the next PvP.

c00guy
08-09-2013, 06:37 AM
True but would you ever do LTQs on your low level camper accounts? The same answer should go for all other actions that give high stats weapons but low attack stats per XP

bald zeemer
08-09-2013, 07:44 AM
True but would you ever do LTQs on your low level camper accounts? The same answer should go for all other actions that give high stats weapons but low attack stats per XP

No, but my LLP is basically playing SimCity, because my HLP can do everything I would ever want any of my account to do. And I know I can dump a few million gold into my LLP if I think that's going to be more amusing to me.

But for a normal LLP I'd be very wary of sticking to xp/pt formulas, and would definitely come up with some scaling method to rate higher-powered weapons more highly.

To go back to the tank issue, as in the end everyone will end up there, 1xp/pt right now puts you on about 2.6m atk, which would be in the top 10 atks in the game. But 5 months ago there were maybe 12 people with 1mil atk. Now there are way, way more than I could care to guess. I routinely ran across members in t25 teams with 1mil defense. The thing about inflation is that it compounds. So if you are camping now, and expect to hit the tank in a year then if you want to be in the top 20% you'll need well over 10m by the time you get there.

Passing up a heap of high stat weapons because you want to temporarily be a bigshot, in the 50-100lvl range seems insane. Especially since it'll mean you won't be competitive enough to do anything bar wall hits in top 50 (100?) syndicates pretty soon. And once you're out of syndicates you're dead in the water.

murf
08-09-2013, 08:05 AM

No, I wouldn't do LTQ's but I'm getting .8 attack / xp, much different then LTQs

murf
08-09-2013, 08:09 AM

No it's not the same...comparing LTQs and Epic Boss (past level 50) aren't equivalent...the last LTQ was less then 0.5 attack per xp....

I'm fine with nearly 1 attack per xp, especially since I'm only doing epic bosses and collect events on this account (and now the 1st few levels of the LTQ)....I'm only going to be doing this every 6 weeks, so I'm still not leveling that fast

For refernce, I'm L33 now (16k total xp), with stats of 63k / 66k

bald zeemer
08-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Not to mention the bigger point: If you are camping for any reason other than Boss events, you are misjudging the game. Yes, I know, "but I won't be strong for my level", etc. The fact is that strength for your level means very little. In PvP you'll always have a swathe of low stat players to attack if required (I still see people around 100-200k in the tank). If you're worried about your 20% boost in wars, well, that will hardly matter if you are camping yourself out of the stats required to compete at the higher levels.

Long story short: The purpose of camping is that the low tier boss is incredibly easy to kill, and the top tier boss would cost some order(s) of magnitude more to kill for similar stats. In war, you can give away levels and simply increase expenditure by a moderate amount to cover it.

(SKK DCV)-The Joker
08-09-2013, 08:50 AM

Yes I would do the LTQs.

c00guy
08-09-2013, 08:50 AM
I don't quite agree with your philosophy, but hey that's okay! I'll only do events that give at least 2 stats per XP.
And I think camping is much more than just about killing boss - more influence points in battle, less susceptible to robs/attacks from rivals.

For the record, I'm a free player L40, 100k stats on my LLP. Name is (HCC) kid-mike

(SKK DCV)-The Joker
08-09-2013, 08:51 AM
What does HCC stand for?

c00guy
08-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Happy Campers Club

(SKK DCV)-The Joker
08-09-2013, 08:53 AM
You should join SKK C. That's our camper syndicate.

(SKK DCV)-Sinestro
08-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Are we sure this guy is SKK material?

(SKK DCV)-General Zod
08-09-2013, 09:11 AM
I say no. There's just something about his avy that screams out gay and we do not accept fags in our syndicate.

c00guy
08-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Lol thanks for the offer, but I'm happy where I am right now. Cheers! :D

(SKK DCV)-The Joker
08-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Suit yourself.

murf
08-09-2013, 09:44 AM
I don't quite agree with your philosophy, but hey that's okay! I'll only do events that give at least 2 stats per XP.
And I think camping is much more than just about killing boss - more influence points in battle, less susceptible to robs/attacks from rivals.

For the record, I'm a free player L40, 100k stats on my LLP. Name is (HCC) kid-mike

That's fine that we don't agree..

But I hope you do agree that a 2 attack weapon costing 1 xp is different then a 50 attack weapon costing 25 xp....

If you do agree then you have to see the higher attack weapons should demand a lower attack/xp ratio...maybe my line is to low, but you shouldn't just draw a blanket line saying 2 attack/xp is good across all weapons...

c00guy
08-09-2013, 09:52 AM
That's fine that we don't agree..

But I hope you do agree that a 2 attack weapon costing 1 xp is different then a 50 attack weapon costing 25 xp....

If you do agree then you have to see the higher attack weapons should demand a lower attack/xp ratio...maybe my line is to low, but you shouldn't just draw a blanket line saying 2 attack/xp is good across all weapons...

True, completely agree! :)