PDA

View Full Version : Noobish Question

Stanky Dong
08-08-2013, 01:05 PM
So like many i started the game with a full head of steam and ignored the forum. I have come to the conlcusion that this was stupid. Although my stats are not awful and i can find plenty of people to raid or fight i need to camp and camp hard. I am level 178 and do not wish to go above 185 without drastically improving my stats. Currently 265K att and 285K def.
What i am looking for is good advice for gaining strength without leveling up. I use gold only during wars.

SGT Rud
08-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Find yourself a top 500/400 faction and calm down on LTQ and PvP. Invest some gold into chest events or LE sets. Most top 500/400 factions don't spend a ton on gold. We have a really nice one set up and moving towards top 250. Raiding gains less Xp than attacking.

Stanky Dong
08-08-2013, 01:30 PM
i currently am in a top 250 and i do between 100K-130K in wars. ya i didnt participate on the faction tournament this time around and probably wont again. i have considered stopping the LTQ but guess i just have to now haha thanks for the advice, will defintely start only raiding

Thief
08-08-2013, 02:10 PM
So like many i started the game with a full head of steam and ignored the forum. I have come to the conlcusion that this was stupid. Although my stats are not awful and i can find plenty of people to raid or fight i need to camp and camp hard. I am level 178 and do not wish to go above 185 without drastically improving my stats. Currently 265K att and 285K def.
What i am looking for is good advice for gaining strength without leveling up. I use gold only during wars.

I think your point the past of no return. No reason to camp once you hit lvl 151 in my honest opinion.
Might as well just doing eveyrthing you can to improve your stats.

lemonhaze
08-08-2013, 02:18 PM
i agree with theif and honestly u are pretty weak for lvl 178 and i mean no bad intention in saying that..most ppl now around lvl 130-145 have 500/600+ stats

Stanky Dong
08-08-2013, 02:25 PM
I know i am weak for my rank but a lot of the top 100 factions dont realize how many people actually play this game. i find pages of guys level 170-185 that are less then half of my stats. Although i agree i am weak and i should have camped a lot earlier i have never had a problem finding people to fight or raid or in the Wars.
I have been improving stats quickly and focus on getting all boost buildings up to 10. i gained about 15K in stats in 2 days from valor purchases and upgrades. but alas i think it is too late and is not much point now. i just want to get up to reasonable strength by rank 200!

lemonhaze
08-08-2013, 02:29 PM
I know i am weak for my rank but a lot of the top 100 factions dont realize how many people actually play this game. i find pages of guys level 170-185 that are less then half of my stats. Although i agree i am weak and i should have camped a lot earlier i have never had a problem finding people to fight or raid or in the Wars.
I have been improving stats quickly and focus on getting all boost buildings up to 10. i gained about 15K in stats in 2 days from valor purchases and upgrades. but alas i think it is too late and is not much point now. i just want to get up to reasonable strength by rank 200! yes i agree with u as i do the rivals event each weekend i have ran into lvl 200s and 250s with 80/80k stats..i to wish i had camped out but when this game come out i played it like it was suppose to be played now i suffer for it..when the first war come out i was already lvl 201..i thought that was the point of the game upgrade buildings get stronger..any other game i have played when u lvl up it means get stronger..this is the only game i have ever played when u lvl up u get weaker makes no sense..im pretty weak to for lvl 250 900k/1.3m stats but im willing to spend money and keep upping my stats..im in top 25 now and have grown alot since being here

Stanky Dong
08-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Ya my brother and i convinced our other brother to start playing and he will end up demolishing us since we are teaching him everything we learned too late! I have slowed my ranking and have gained stats faster then rank. im hoping to be close to 600K in each by the time i hit 200. Considered setting up a camper profile but i spend so much time and buy gold so much for war i would never have the time. recently got my iph to the point i can upgrade LE buildings for units now...especially with the Taj Mahal being so cheap!

lemonhaze
08-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Ya my brother and i convinced our other brother to start playing and he will end up demolishing us since we are teaching him everything we learned too late! I have slowed my ranking and have gained stats faster then rank. im hoping to be close to 600K in each by the time i hit 200. Considered setting up a camper profile but i spend so much time and buy gold so much for war i would never have the time. recently got my iph to the point i can upgrade LE buildings for units now...especially with the Taj Mahal being so cheap! ye its really cheap but i dont care to much for the 12hr ones even tho i have them all and lvled up to 4 except the villas i been collecting both times here last few days but b4 that i was always missing one collection time..i got them all synced up with my big cash builds now so i cant forget them and have them set for 12am 12 pm

swag
08-08-2013, 02:52 PM
If you drop 100k-130k points each war you can easily for a top 100 faction that will take you... if you really want to take it to the next level faction is the best place to start

Stanky Dong
08-08-2013, 02:55 PM
ye its really cheap but i dont care to much for the 12hr ones even tho i have them all and lvled up to 4 except the villas i been collecting both times here last few days but b4 that i was always missing one collection time..i got them all synced up with my big cash builds now so i cant forget them and have them set for 12am 12 pm
After i finished upgrading Absolulte Towers to lvl2 i didnt touch the buildings so i had all synced up. I collect all 24hr and half of the 48 hours at the same time then the next day the other 48 hr bldgs hit with the 24hr bldgs...pretty proud of that accomplishment haha

Stanky Dong
08-08-2013, 02:57 PM
If you drop 100k-130k points each war you can easily for a top 100 faction that will take you... if you really want to take it to the next level faction is the best place to start
I have considered that but i love my group. I was in a top 4000 as top points earner and was accepted into a top 250 and earned 70k in Poland and then jumped to 140k in Australia. They gave me a shot at jumping a huge gap in competition so i am loyal to them.

lemonhaze
08-08-2013, 02:58 PM
After i finished upgrading Absolulte Towers to lvl2 i didnt touch the buildings so i had all synced up. I collect all 24hr and half of the 48 hours at the same time then the next day the other 48 hr bldgs hit with the 24hr bldgs...pretty proud of that accomplishment haha i collect all mine at same time so i can upgrade my buildings to higher lvls for better units...i have a buddy tho when its collection time when i upgrade to come raid them and when he upgrades his i go collect his back so i dont really lose the cash

S&H Max
08-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Stanky you need to get a better faction if you want to increase stats quickly

that will give you more bonus from units and more units from WD that always help I get a big jump in stats after every WD

Also a higher faction will rank top 100 in FvsF so more unit for your

Their bonus will help you kill a few more boss.

its a lot of small thing but 10 more gold unit a month with 2-3 more bonus unit will help a lot to climb in stats.

Also consider spending gold only on event that gives low to none XP!

swag
08-08-2013, 03:04 PM
I have considered that but i love my group. I was in a top 4000 as top points earner and was accepted into a top 250 and earned 70k in Poland and then jumped to 140k in Australia. They gave me a shot at jumping a huge gap in competition so i am loyal to them.

140k points probably means that you are dropping a few vaults each war. That's definitely enough for an extra 5k-10k stats that a top 75 finish will get you over 250.

However, i do understand that loyalty to your current faction is key. If you guys can make top 250 without you having to put down 140k points then I would cut back the spending and use it on other events.

Stanky Dong
08-08-2013, 03:04 PM
we are going to push hard for a top 150 in Canada. i believe we were very close to top 200 with several members unable to compete. I have thought about getting gold in reserve for box event/boss events but i wish they would ahve a 40% sale and i would load up. I usually get 1.5vaults of gold during a war. have been known to drink during a war and buy more then that though haha

Stanky Dong
08-08-2013, 03:06 PM
140k points probably means that you are dropping a few vaults each war. That's definitely enough for an extra 5k-10k stats that a top 75 finish will get you over 250.

However, i do understand that loyalty to your current faction is key. If you guys can make top 250 without you having to put down 140k points then I would cut back the spending and use it on other events.
This war i am going to check where we are in the final day too monitor need for gold. i ahve benefited from a great scouting team we have in place, so i know which people would be pointless to attack

Mastert55
08-08-2013, 03:06 PM
yes i agree with u as i do the rivals event each weekend i have ran into lvl 200s and 250s with 80/80k stats..i to wish i had camped out but when this game come out i played it like it was suppose to be played now i suffer for it..when the first war come out i was already lvl 201..i thought that was the point of the game upgrade buildings get stronger..any other game i have played when u lvl up it means get stronger..this is the only game i have ever played when u lvl up u get weaker makes no sense..im pretty weak to for lvl 250 900k/1.3m stats but im willing to spend money and keep upping my stats..im in top 25 now and have grown alot since being here

I didn't know that was weak!! I'm level 118 with 300k+ Att and 435k+ Deff. Long ways from that but was actually shooting for it. Lol I'm in a top 50 faction and our DL had the same stats and level as you Lmao, i had no clue that was week when you get to the top 200s

KFH
08-08-2013, 03:59 PM
I think your point the past of no return. No reason to camp once you hit lvl 151 in my honest opinion.
Might as well just doing eveyrthing you can to improve your stats.thanks thief i was going to ask this question on a thread. I'm past 151 with around 540/654 my first idea was to start camping a little to slow my rise to 200, but after thinking about it i agree with you. I'm past the point of no return the best would be to rack in all the stats units i can till i hit 250.

DFI
08-08-2013, 04:06 PM
You might want to start an LLP account and use the gold there instead. I restarted completely when my old account hit lv103 and used what I had learned for my current one. This time, I might set up an LLP to have two accounts rather than starting over.

lemonhaze
08-08-2013, 04:27 PM
I didn't know that was weak!! I'm level 118 with 300k+ Att and 435k+ Deff. Long ways from that but was actually shooting for it. Lol I'm in a top 50 faction and our DL had the same stats and level as you Lmao, i had no clue that was week when you get to the top 200s your alot lower lvl tho to being at lvl 180 with those stats lvl 250 ppl can see u and also lvl 125-45 can attack in war..they will not attack u maybe jsut to scout and move on..ya man most ppl that are lvl 250 i see have 2m+ stats going as high as 6m/6m

DaBoss!
08-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Wow, you guys are making me feel weak, Lol. I'm a level 157 with 224,000A and 310,000 defense. But of course there are always a lot of weaker players than me....

DaBoss!
08-08-2013, 04:49 PM
I know this might be a stupid question, but how do you guys get you llp accounts up to such a high IPH, cause even my main account has only a 581,000 IPH?

swag
08-08-2013, 05:25 PM
I know this might be a stupid question, but how do you guys get you llp accounts up to such a high IPH, cause even my main account has only a 581,000 IPH?

Patience... takes a couple months

Thief
08-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Patience... takes a couple months

A couple.....or 20.

lemonhaze
08-08-2013, 05:29 PM
and alot of overvaults too

DaBoss!
08-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Oh, I would camp with my main profile, but it seems its too late:(

Noble James
08-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Preach Brother Lemon....I agree with you....

yes i agree with u as i do the rivals event each weekend i have ran into lvl 200s and 250s with 80/80k stats..i to wish i had camped out but when this game come out i played it like it was suppose to be played now i suffer for it..when the first war come out i was already lvl 201..i thought that was the point of the game upgrade buildings get stronger..any other game i have played when u lvl up it means get stronger..this is the only game i have ever played when u lvl up u get weaker makes no sense..im pretty weak to for lvl 250 900k/1.3m stats but im willing to spend money and keep upping my stats..im in top 25 now and have grown alot since being here

ExtremeP7
08-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Might as well just doing eveyrthing you can to improve your stats.

Entirely agree with Thief. I picked up 100K attack and defense over the past three weeks (200/250K to 300/350K) - WITHOUT USING GOLD - just by participating full on in every event I could. Better factions = better prizes, but there are other ways as well. Leveled up from 168 to 171 in the process, but big whoop~

warrends
08-09-2013, 05:15 AM
For the first time ever I disagree with Thief. I know the prevailing wisdom is that once you hit level 150, just let it go and don't worry about XP and leveling up at all. But I disagree with that too. Bosses and boxes (and of course WD events) are where it's at. For the last several months the LTQs/LTEs have absolutely sucked. Way too much XP gained and unit prizes were terrible. GREE has now changed that a bit in the last 1-2 events. and hopefully that will remain to make them more worthwhile to do. But I don't think it's ever too late. Slow down on every event. Faction v faction tourneys are a total and complete waste. You get tons of XP, you get tons of BP (which in the long run is actually a subtle bad thing, as raiding/attacking higher-ranked players nets you more BP and more WD points). Stay far away from those. I begin every LTQ and LTE slowly until a walk-thru has been posted here. Then I take a close look at the units vs how much XP I'll gain to get to each. And I usually go to a specific level and then just stop. Gain maybe 3K in stats but only 500-1000 XP. At my level (148) that's a decent trade.

But bosses and boxes are fantastic. Both can be done by triggering them in the lowest level map missions. 1 XP per hit. That's it. Boxes are where you should be spending your gold. Especially the last box event, with the Shrike Superiority fighter (?) which had something 8k/6k stats plus the 10% air attack bonus. That's well worth gold spending. Bosses will give you a decent amount of XP each time you kill them, but you also get gobs of cash, generally great units, and you can trigger them with the 1 XP map mission hits.

My two cents. It's never too late. Even if you are a high level with low stats, it's all about patience. As I always say, nothing in MW happens quickly. It may take months and months, but so what?

As for the question about LLPs getting high IPH, that is ALL about patience. We have a sister faction for LLPs and generally low stat players (though they finished around 2500 in Australia which really impressed me). I just recruited a player from my KA guild. His MW account is level 3. He's been playing for 4 months. Seriously. His IPH is well over $250K. Seriously. He is by far the best camper I have ever seen. Does the same in KA with all three of this accounts, though some are high level. It is absolutely possible. It. Just. Takes. Patience.

This game is all about two things:
1) Completely ignoring the missions that they give you. When MW tells you to go to map XX and do mission YYY, ignore it. When MW tells you to buy 50 barrels, ignore it. Gree actually has the only games I've ever seen wherein the missions they give you in-game are actually detrimental to your gameplay. I don't know why they do that.
2) Patience. See #1 above, be very patient (for many months), spend all of your in-game money only growing your IPH and boost buildings, and do only the events I mention above.

You'll see a huge difference in just a few months. You'll level up very little, but I'll bet your stats will increase by many 10s of thousands and your IPH will grow at an amazing pace.

HayeZeus
08-09-2013, 06:07 AM
i agree with theif and honestly u are pretty weak for lvl 178 and i mean no bad intention in saying that..most ppl now around lvl 130-145 have 500/600+ stats

Thats not true at all.

Stanky Dong
08-09-2013, 07:56 AM
One thing i did notice last FvF event is i wont attack anyone and will just find someone who is slightly stronger and raid the hell out of there buildings (cash or not). Raid gets lower XP then attacking. I was able to get about 600K just raiding