PDA

View Full Version : PSA : A Word About Datasets/Missing Events

Assault and Flattery
08-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Every time we run an event, it is absolutely critical that you download the newest data set. Before you start wondering why you don't have an event (they go out for everyone at the same time, but not everyone updates at the same time) check for this. Unless something is totally borked with your game, the only reason you don't have an event is because you didn't download the new data.

All non-LTQ events have a level requirement of level 10.

Usually, you need to be around level 30-40 to participate in the LTQs, due to the fact that it uses maps only accessible by those levels.

(Sometimes events go out later than planned. Everyone gets them at the same time, though!)

Go Menu > More > About and see what it says next to "Data: " That number is generally the date we pushed out the last data set. Today's latest data set is 20130807_2, indicating that we pushed out new data yesterday, on 2013/8/7.

For iOS: You can get the new data by exiting/restarting the app. If you took note of the data set before, you can check it again when you enter to see if it changed. If it didn't, the data hasn't loaded. Exit/restart until you get it.

For Android: You need to go to Menu > More > About and check if it says "Updating...". If it does, go back to the main screen and wait until it prompts you to restart the game. Do that. If it's taking a really long time, that means your connection isn't very good. Try to connect somewhere with a strong WiFi signal to get it to load.

Do not delete/re-install. This often reverts you to an even older data set. If you have to do that for some unrelated reason, follow the above steps to get you back to the most recent one.

Timmaaay
08-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Thanks for this A&F. If I can ask one "non-techie person" follow up question. How do we know if a new dataset is available to be downloaded?

_Drifter
08-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Thanks for this A&F. If I can ask one "non-techie person" follow up question. How do we know if a new dataset is available to be downloaded?

Every time we run an event, ...

Clearly, every time there is a new event. Schedule is posted in game.

Timmaaay
08-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks. I got that part. Was more of an "in general" question. If its only for events then OK.

Clearly, every time there is a new event. Schedule is posted in game.

sez
08-08-2013, 01:08 PM
How does ones game become "borked" ?

CJ54
08-08-2013, 01:29 PM
We do push data for things other than events/new content, but it is rare (and usually a fix to an issue with the current dataset).

Also, A&F forgot to mention the third case where something isn't showing up, which is when new content is just delayed (usually QA found something in a final pass-through). We normally try to get new content (events, etc.) out the door in the late morning or early afternoon local (Pacific) time, but things can be delayed till late afternoon Pacific in some extreme cases.

Snot
08-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Cheers for this guys - couldn't get the black rose to work on my mini - let it do the update and it said to restart game and then worked :)

mxz
08-08-2013, 03:28 PM
What does the _N after the dataset represent? Is that a build number?

propha
08-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Thanks!
I was just wondering why the european are in a disadvantage? Dont care about boss events...becouse of limited time during the LTQs starting at midnight in europe we need to stay up all night or spend more gold to finish these events.

Cheers Propha

PawnXIIX
08-08-2013, 03:54 PM
I have the same question as MXZ - I have always wondered what the number after the underscore signifies. I thought it might have something about the hour or the version but... I feel like you guys could say :P

Sandukan
08-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Was the Street Cleaner (94/63) really supposed to be the common for the limited sets just released?
If so you people have lost your ever loving mind.
Ain't nobody gonna buy the set for that.

OneHoop
08-08-2013, 04:48 PM
So, how do we install the dataset with the pagodas for lower level accounts? ;)

lsjs41
08-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Wouldn't that be nice :)

nazgul
08-09-2013, 03:21 AM
Well, I have the most current dataset, and I had the event for The Black Rose level 20 and got the prize. But I didn't have the level 30, and now I'm on level 34 and don't have the goal for 50 in my goals list, even though I get the splash screen. I hope I get the prizes some day.

If anyone else has this issue, I opened a ticket and they did confirm that they are aware of it and were working on it. This happened to me once before - I defeated level 40 (or 50) using gold, but didn't get the prize. When I opened a ticket, they said I didn't defeat the top level. I'm taking screen shots this time...

Nicholas
08-09-2013, 03:39 AM
I am on Android Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and I still cannot trigger the boss. It is on my goal list and I checked for the data push...it says "Data: 20130805_13 Updating..." for hours, since this afternoon, but its not doing anything. I have good WiFi. I tried exiting and reloading, taking the battery out, etc. Nothing is working! Its so frustrating!

crime master gogo
08-09-2013, 03:48 AM
thanks it was really good thread

bald zeemer
08-09-2013, 04:37 AM
Well, I have the most current dataset, and I had the event for The Black Rose level 20 and got the prize. But I didn't have the level 30, and now I'm on level 34 and don't have the goal for 50 in my goals list, even though I get the splash screen. I hope I get the prizes some day.

If anyone else has this issue, I opened a ticket and they did confirm that they are aware of it and were working on it. This happened to me once before - I defeated level 40 (or 50) using gold, but didn't get the prize. When I opened a ticket, they said I didn't defeat the top level. I'm taking screen shots this time...

Do some goals from your goals list until it turns up. The 30 prize will be awarded retroactively, and the 50 goal will rock up.

Spaden
08-09-2013, 04:49 AM
i didn't get the 20 prize... created a ticket where they replied that they are aware of the problem... it didn't get the prize for 20 last time either but got it afterwards.

nazgul
08-09-2013, 06:47 AM
Do some goals from your goals list until it turns up. The 30 prize will be awarded retroactively, and the 50 goal will rock up.

Brilliant! You know, I thought about doing that...don't know why I didn't.

Interestingly enough, I did the "Got a hummer?" goal. So I got 8 Hummers AND Rose's BFF. All in all it's a great day!

Deuces914135880
08-09-2013, 07:30 AM
I am on Android Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and I still cannot trigger the boss. It is on my goal list and I checked for the data push...it says "Data: 20130805_13 Updating..." for hours, since this afternoon, but its not doing anything. I have good WiFi. I tried exiting and reloading, taking the battery out, etc. Nothing is working! Its so frustrating!

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?63976-Boss-not-triggering-ios-androidbluestacks-HLP-LLP
here you go

Nicholas
08-09-2013, 09:29 AM
I had to UNINSTALL. Now it works...

Deuces914135880
08-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Do not delete/re-install. This often reverts you to an even older data set. If you have to do that for some unrelated reason, follow the above steps to get you back to the most recent one.

what may be the consequences of this?
I did it, got an old dataset but within 1 minute I had the push for the newest dataset and things started working like they should. it was the only way of getting the new dataset cause for some reason the 805 updating to 807 had frozen (not just on my account but several others). The delete&re-install took care of the issue and it didnt bring any issues or glitches. stats was the same as well.

Max Power
08-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Thanks!
I was just wondering why the european are in a disadvantage? Dont care about boss events...becouse of limited time during the LTQs starting at midnight in europe we need to stay up all night or spend more gold to finish these events.

Cheers Propha

You get the same time to do the event as everybody else, why would you be at a disadvantage?

DPB
08-09-2013, 11:07 AM
All non-LTQ events have a level requirement of level 10.

This is not accurate, at least for the current boss event. I started the event at level 6 with my camper.

Max Power
08-09-2013, 11:08 AM
This is not accurate, at least for the current boss event. I started the event at level 6 with my camper.

I am guessing they don't consider Boss events as LTQ events.

Deuces914135880
08-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Who says they consideres boss events as LTQ events? and why should they? obviously boss events and LTQ events are two seperate completely different events

milo-iq
08-10-2013, 03:59 AM
With all these events running has it had a detrimental effect on the game. If i 'jump' in and play 5-10 min not a problem anything longer and the game slows down and becomes erratic. when someone attacks and I can't bank my money and its terribly frustrating

Mack The Knife
08-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Im having a few issues as well. Most hoods "fail to load", I can't start the black rose event even though its in my goal list, I can't buy the latest LTB (when I try to click buy nothing happens.) The still is actually still in my store. and lastly...I didn't get any birthday cake.

I know my wifi signal is good. I've uninstalled and re-installed etc.. Im pretty much, sadly at the point where the game is unplayable. Sitting around collecting from my own hood is all Im able to do

DPB
08-11-2013, 05:18 PM

That's my point. Boss events aren't LTQ events, as far as I know, but A&F said all "non-LTQ events" require a minimum of level 10. So either they actually do consider a boss event to be an LTQ (I've never heard it called that), or A&F is wrong about that point.

tazzman
08-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Anyone else having problems loading the game today. It keeps kicking me off and restarting

JBE
08-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Maybe those of us on Apple devices could get 'push' notifications when an event is starting? IE "The Black Rose event is starting now!"
That way we know at what time to start shutting down and restarting the app until the event appears. And the great thing is you can always turn off push notifications if you don't want them...

hippie1620
08-12-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm calling BS on that statement. More often than not it's 3-5 HOURS AFTER the start of an event noted by the progress on the list. Thats what it was today with the satchel event and almost every ltq I've had. No updating in the about either... What's really going on? They all end right on time NEVER show, Android or iOS in our syndicate, for hours after the start....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

is1j
08-13-2013, 06:51 AM
The last LTQ finished a day ago and still no prizes. Did Gree lose all the data or do we need to download a new data set to get prizes?

bald zeemer
08-13-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm calling BS on that statement. More often than not it's 3-5 HOURS AFTER the start of an event noted by the progress on the list. Thats what it was today with the satchel event and almost every ltq I've had. No updating in the about either... What's really going on? They all end right on time NEVER show, Android or iOS in our syndicate, for hours after the start....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

The list is never accurate. It has never been accurate. You aren't getting the event later than everyone else, everyone is getting it later than the list is showing,

hippie1620
08-13-2013, 12:29 PM
The list is never accurate. It has never been accurate. You aren't getting the event later than everyone else, everyone is getting it later than the list is showing,

And? That would definately affirm my position on gold digging? Fix the list... OR if the event runs x hours give x hours from the time the push hits the device. The counter starts when it shows progress. Ends at that.time every time. We should get the amount of time stated to do the event. Not be cut short.

And btw no event yet it shows progress on this one too...

On edit: It does definitely hit one persons phone before another. I've had events pop up hours before other's who are sitting next to me...

Edit 2: Four and a half hours after the "start" and still no LTQ? THis is BS time after time end dead nuts 2:00 my time BUT NEVER get it "on time"!!!! Damn game is so buggy to boot.... WTF somebody needs to pull their head out... I'm thinking BOYCOTT! Not only that but nobody really can or cares to explain this? Really... hmmm

_Drifter
08-13-2013, 04:24 PM
... We normally try to get new content (events, etc.) out the door in the late morning or early afternoon local (Pacific) time, but things can be delayed till late afternoon Pacific in some extreme cases.

By "in some extreme cases," do you by any chance mean "for most LTQs"? Because it has been my observation that nearly every ltq starts pretty late.

budman68
08-13-2013, 04:49 PM
By "in some extreme cases," do you by any chance mean "for most LTQs"? Because it has been my observation that nearly every ltq starts pretty late.

But never a crud battle. Weak!

hippie1620
08-13-2013, 05:09 PM
But never a crud battle. Weak!

Thanks for the backup! I'm in need of stealing you sig tho.... come on ppl. I see ONE of our members JUST 5 hours late mind you got the event......................

HE's dead nutz right tho. I have yet, and I played before the syndicates and battles started, seen a single battle start late.... More I think about it the more pisses off I get... I've spent real money to buy gold. Money I work my ass off to get less than half of. And The customer services sucks ass. Come up in here and it still sucks ass.... **** this "Gree(dy) *******s.... All high and mighty behind your computer screen. Lets get some brick and mortar stores for me to come and buy my gold in... Yea.... I'm pissed now....

baptistpreach
08-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Hi, I've read through the sticky for when the events don't show up, but I don't have the LTQ yet on my
android phone, it's showing up on my ipod touch, but not here. Ive already closed and re-opened the app, and my current version is :
20130813_5

What can I do? I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S3 if that helps any.

I'm also level 33

Assault and Flattery
08-14-2013, 10:25 AM
You must be level 35 at least to participate. Please read the forum posts I make!!

Joker420
08-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Cant get the money talks ltq to start can any one help i on a Android phone

CCK-buttsy
08-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Cant get the money talks ltq to start can any one help i on a Android phonewhat level are you?

Joker420
08-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Im a leval 120

CCK-buttsy
08-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Im a leval 120oh....then what data set are you on

Joker420
08-21-2013, 02:58 PM
oh....then what data set are you on

Whatever the last one was it just keeps saying updating but wont give me the new data download message

CCK-buttsy
08-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Whatever the last one was it just keeps saying updating but wont give me the new data download messagewhat device are you on?

Joker420
08-21-2013, 03:09 PM
what device are you on?

Android phone

Butt Futter
08-22-2013, 03:30 AM
Whatever the last one was it just keeps saying updating but wont give me the new data download message

Uninstall CC. Reboot. Reinstall CC. Wait 5 minutes and you'll have new data set (it requires a CC restart)

noamlin
08-26-2013, 02:04 PM
thanks for the info!

being a member in the forum really gives you great information!
(information that should get to all players of the game. not only here in the forum)

Snot
08-26-2013, 02:08 PM
i agree noamlin - should be a splash screen for this info

eternalvs
08-28-2013, 03:18 PM
And if for Android you know you have old data but the About Screen does not say updating, how can you get the update to start?

Vejr
08-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Same problem here the device shows the data sheet but its old and restarting the game (bout 20 times) doesn't help. My iPad loads the new data sheet just fine but android wont do it even after reinstalling the whole app it loads the two days old data.

coachbob
09-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Should anything be different from the Android version from Amazon? My Kindle fire cannot participate in the syndicate goal event as the syndicate tab on the goals is not there.

judah
09-17-2013, 12:28 PM
for some reason my device has yet to update the new dataset. i've sent emails to support over 7 hours ago and have yet to receive a reply. no amount of restarting my device has solved this problem either. in the about screen on my android device i still show a dataset from 9/12 & it says updating but has been saying updating since the beginning of the event. plz fix this asap, i'm losing many hours & items from the event

PistolPete187
09-18-2013, 06:44 PM
Won't spawn the boss, as I'm assuming that is the type of event this is... How do i fix it, I use an IPhone 4. Installed the update and whatnot. I'm trying to leave the game open as we speak...

Douchebag
09-21-2013, 03:27 AM
The game keeps crashing within a minute of starting. My android data sheet says "updating" so I go back to the main screen, wait, then the game crashes...please help. Its been doing this for days now.

(violence) vinniecc
09-24-2013, 10:33 AM
We do push data for things other than events/new content, but it is rare (and usually a fix to an issue with the current dataset).

Also, A&F forgot to mention the third case where something isn't showing up, which is when new content is just delayed (usually QA found something in a final pass-through). We normally try to get new content (events, etc.) out the door in the late morning or early afternoon local (Pacific) time, but things can be delayed till late afternoon Pacific in some extreme cases.

Can hackers change the prizes we get?

1NPINK2NSTINK
09-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Well i have wrote many emails to gree and i know it takes a bit for them to get .....I somehow lost my numbers ....So i thought it might be ok if i uninstall and then re install it .,,,,, Well turns out not to be the best idea ....Now i am missing money and my hood will not load on my phone ........ I dont know if there is anything that you can do for me , but i would give it a try .....I am a HOURLY player and my syndicate relies on my to donate ........My name is Eric and my syndicate name is 1NPIN2NSTINK...... If there is any thing you can help me out that would be much grateful !!!!!!! I need this fixed as soon as possible PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 462 712 644 ....Is my number if you need !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

traskalle
09-26-2013, 05:03 AM
Well i have wrote many emails to gree and i know it takes a bit for them to get .....I somehow lost my numbers ....So i thought it might be ok if i uninstall and then re install it .,,,,, Well turns out not to be the best idea ....Now i am missing money and my hood will not load on my phone ........ I dont know if there is anything that you can do for me , but i would give it a try .....I am a HOURLY player and my syndicate relies on my to donate ........My name is Eric and my syndicate name is 1NPIN2NSTINK...... If there is any thing you can help me out that would be much grateful !!!!!!! I need this fixed as soon as possible PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 462 712 644 ....Is my number if you need !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iīm in the same situation.
Was the same on the Viktor boss event to, lost 48 hours on that one.
I spend alot of money on cc and find it very frustrating that Gree canīt launch the events on Andriod.
Its been over 12 hours since the Crate event started and from what I have read the droprate is quite low so I need all the time I can get.
Like you I reinstalled cc and now I canīt even load my hood....
I sure hope Gree will compensate!!!
Sure would be nice to hear from Gree regarding to this problem.

TeeBee13
09-26-2013, 03:37 PM

I can say only backup many regular player who spend money on the game not doing any backup a backup program cost far less than what most ppl spend for a weekend and can save a lot of frustration.

AZ Sparx
09-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Why don't you guys at Gree try updating CC at the Amazon Appstore once in a while. My sister's tablet won't access GogglePlay. And donation of Autos to Synd-not an option she possesses. WTF?

lecktro3
09-30-2013, 04:52 PM
ok heres the deal i have two acounts one i have 17 carnival crates and i have updated to the lates update however my other acount i have zero carnival crates in my other acount and i have also updated to the latest update but i dont have any carnival crates. could some one please help me figer this out