PDA

View Full Version : Leader\DL

carl9764
08-08-2013, 03:42 AM
Would like it if both Leader and DL could purchase bonuses instead of depending on just the leader, if anything happens to the leader during battle then the faction would not be able to build walls and forts which would suffer, this happened once to our faction as the leader's phone he uses died.

Just an Idea Gree

pimmen8
08-08-2013, 03:54 AM
It's a good idea but u would say make a new rank in the faction above officer like general or something and give them the power to Buy bonusses and forts

carl9764
08-08-2013, 04:06 AM
Hi pimmen8

Yes your right mate it would be great if they could do it save a lot of trouble in the long run.

warrends
08-08-2013, 04:51 AM
Not the DL. The DL is simply (usually) the guy in your faction with the highest defense. Doesn't mean that he's an officer or really knows the game or even wants to be an officer. He's just got high defense.

I wish Officers had more power. Currently we can only accept and invite members, and delete forum posts (yay!). I wish officers had the ability to kick members as well. My faction is almost always full-up but on occasion we have someone to kick, and we at the same time have some uber-stat guy in our queue. And so we have to wait until our Leader hops on-line to kick that member to make room for the new guy. 99% of the time he's gone by the time we can accept him --- accepted by another faction. If one of our 6 officers could kick, we'd be much better off. Even if they implemented a system whereby it took two officers to kick (like a double check of sorts), whereas the Leader can do it in one click, that would still be a huge advantage.

Bottom line: If the faction leader gets hit by a bus, the entire faction is completely screwed forever. I don't even know if a support ticket would enable GREE to make one of the existing officer the new leader, even if we could send some kind of proof that the leader is gone for whatever reason. A single point of failure is never a good thing. And this is exactly what this situation is.

carl9764
08-08-2013, 05:27 AM
Very well said Warrends

CJ D
08-08-2013, 05:44 AM
Bottom line I think....have your leader purchase the forts needed before battle starts and hold his feet to the fire on being more active for the group.

Flash0810
08-08-2013, 05:54 AM
It's a good idea but u would say make a new rank in the faction above officer like general or something and give them the power to Buy bonusses and forts

I agree pimmen8. I'm in a situation where our Faction Leader just went on vacation and isn't due back until after the War has started. Luckily for us, he made me the Temp Leader so that I could deal with the day to day activities. The addition of another rank to deal with this stuff would be great or better yet, add the code into the game where the Leader can give specific roles to specific players in the Faction. The later option to me would be best.

Flash

pimmen8
08-08-2013, 05:59 AM
this would be the best solution imo. Also, the ability to kick off members. Basically have all the powers of leader, except cannot kick or demote leader.

Also, when buying forts, they should allow the option to buy/upgrade 5 or 10 at a time.

just a button where you can type in an amount of forts you want to upgrade

bergmystr
08-08-2013, 06:06 AM
Going to throw a vote on for the ability to purchase multiple fortifications. I would love to be able have a box come up during purchase and say I would like 50 forts, @ lvl4 as a for instance.

I spent not a crazy amount of time, but a lot of clicks last night buying and upgrading forts

Captain B
08-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Completely agree with the multiple fort buying button, would free up time to lead. Also agree a role of deputy leader along with an officer structure would greatly assist, maybe corporal> sgt >lieutenant > captain > general with leader becoming a field marshal?
Not a new idea but some battle ribbons awarded to each player who took part in a campaign would be a welcome addition also. Might help if these were displayed for all players to identify new a from the more experienced players?

Bndawgs
08-08-2013, 06:53 AM
It would be really nice if only officers could declare war. then you wouldn't have some idiot starting a battle right after the previous one ended.

carl9764
08-08-2013, 07:19 AM
Bndawgs we had the same problem in the last war clown kept declaring straight after one ended he started another could not kick him out until war ended right pain mate

Bndawgs
08-08-2013, 07:53 AM
and it's always someone who joins up right before the WD starts.

i also like the ones who will declare war, then not do anything the entire time. just declare and then go grab a sandwich or something.

carl9764
08-08-2013, 08:38 AM
We have had them too mate cracks me up

CJ D
08-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Please send me all the guys who want to declare war immediately after one ends...

& The Horse U Rode In On
08-08-2013, 09:30 AM
My .02 cents (or pence or whatever)... Multiple fortification building is a must option, and only officers declaring war is something that should have been fixed months ago. And it isn't always the new guy. One of our original members got a wild hair up his you-know-what last war and did it to us.

As far as kicking members goes, I have to agree that one other rank should be designated with that ability, but not all officers. You promote your leader for a reason - he/she is active in and dedicated to the faction. We may be spread all over the world in our little war groups, but we become friends fast and learn personalities without ever meeting each other face to face. If you have a leader that only shows up once a day or every other day instead of hourly, time for a new leader. Our fortifications are up, battle plan is distributed, and all officers have a list of every member and their attk/def for assignments. Ready to go! Wait...what???? Still another day+ to wait?!?!?! (sigh)

keeskiller
08-08-2013, 10:55 AM
i created my own ranks, special people get promoted, and different ranks to different tasks in the WD game. So people know what to do ;)

Captain Steelman
08-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Going to throw a vote on for the ability to purchase multiple fortifications. I would love to be able have a box come up during purchase and say I would like 50 forts, @ lvl4 as a for instance.

I spent not a crazy amount of time, but a lot of clicks last night buying and upgrading forts

Here you go, another vote...