PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION] Some other way of farming enhancing mats

Spartacus_KnD
08-08-2013, 01:39 AM
It would be nice to have some other way to farm enhancing mats... I think that farming Skeletons Tomb over and over again is the thing that annoys the most level 100+ players.
There is some moment for everyone when we would like to have some other place to farm, maybe less rewarding in terms of materials per day, but less boring. Just to have a break.

I was thinking about Kingdom of Darkness. I think it's quite nonsense that the bosses drop the same amount of materials, especially for the first bosses that are much stronger than their regular version. If tuned up correctly they could be a viable way to farm materials.

For example, farming Gorgon Warmistress in KoD normal until every knight goes to 0 Health.
If that rewarded, let's say 30/40/50% of the snakeskins farmed in Skeletons Tomb using up 6 knights until 0 Health, that would be a viable way to farm Snakeskins when we are too bored of spending hours doing the same thing all over again, keeping that speed-up button pressed all the time and such. It would still be useful to farm Skeletons Tomb because the additional time spent would make us farm more materials, but we would have a choice.

overcire
08-08-2013, 10:41 PM
I agree 100%

Other options: Clear the map to unlock a new difficulty setting per location. Get more materials / minute at the cost of more hp / minute. Being less efficient than the slow mode.

Publicly traded materials. Power levelers with all sorts of time on their hands can sell snakeskins on the market while I can off load some dark crystals and such to people who do not have a stack of legendaries for farming.

Trade gold in for EP at an NPC store. Getting boost armours for guild donations is a nice start. Perhaps have a variety of EP on offer, with daily/weekly deals

deathexe
08-09-2013, 12:52 AM
I agree 100%

Other options: Clear the map to unlock a new difficulty setting per location. Get more materials / minute at the cost of more hp / minute. Being less efficient than the slow mode.

Publicly traded materials. Power levelers with all sorts of time on their hands can sell snakeskins on the market while I can off load some dark crystals and such to people who do not have a stack of legendaries for farming.

Trade gold in for EP at an NPC store. Getting boost armours for guild donations is a nice start. Perhaps have a variety of EP on offer, with daily/weekly deals

I wouldn't agree to trading materials with other players. Maybe trading materials with an NPC may be more reasonable. For example, trading basics for snakeskins in a 1:10 ratio.

paganizer
08-09-2013, 01:04 AM
They could definately make the game more fun, if they did something about that insane grind. I would prefer something either (easy changes, with no/little coding needed):
- make fusion stones drop more common on bosses
- make fusion stones rare drop from ALL mobs
- make it possible to buy fusion stones with gold (less need to grind if you can get steady 50EP)

Marco_
08-09-2013, 01:42 AM
Nah, it's the well known time vs money tradeoff, implemented in K&D as Snakeskin farmer vs. DPC opener.
So their logical goal is to make materials farming just annoying enough that you might prefer to spend real money on gems instead, but not annoying enough to cause you to quit the game...
The least bad "easier farming" I could think of them adding would be something like "pay N gems and the next stage you run produces M times the normal resources and M times the normal experience"...

Bearsuo
08-09-2013, 02:10 AM
I've been farming KoD Epic just because the HP requirement/pacing keeps me from burnout.

Veloster Raptor
08-09-2013, 09:32 AM
I've been farming KoD Epic just because the HP requirement/pacing keeps me from burnout.

Burnout was the reason I dropped wow. Which is kinda like the game now. Once you beat the game and the quests, all you have left to do is arena and farming for mats. Make it different to keep it fun, making the zone harder or like previous people have mentioned a farming level where mobs hit harder but the rewards are greater.

I do like the idea of selling gold back to an NPC for mats, gems (which won't happen. Goes against Gree's business model of micro trans) or even older armor that is no longer available.

NoGrip61
08-09-2013, 09:37 AM
This would be amazing. My suggestion would be 100% rarest material payout though, in a greater quantity, but still remaining a multiple of the craft quantity (so 3 or 4).

EljayK
08-09-2013, 10:53 AM
I think the primary problem is that the other mats aren't readily available enough. Also, that snakeskin is the only one that costs 3k.

If you want to farm Typhoon Gems for instance, you have to deal with a higher difficulty level with lower pay-out. Taking more damage makes it less possible to farm as consistently.

Later levels, like the swamps/etc should drop loot at higher ratios and greater proportions. At least at a ratio equal to the damage your putting out. And all the 1 star 2 hour armors should cost 3k. There is evidence that it's more than plausible. For instance, in epic KoD, the griffin will drop valhalla ingot. It only drops 2.

My best example would be running KoD at Epic. It takes a friend to do. Your first battle pits you against 4 total mobs. 3 water, a spirit, and the kraken. There should be an increased rate of dropping coral, and the kraken should drop 5 hydra scales if he doesn't drop a wriggling root. If the cost of HH was 3k, this would be totally fine.
Next battle is against Roc. Griffin, 2 spirit, a fire. The chance for ingot/cloth/scale should go up, and the roc should drop 5 shiny shards instead of 3. Again, if crius costs 3k to make, it's more than worth it to run it.
This would make it so casual players who can't sit in front of a screen tapping fight 100 times in an hour can still get a moderate amount of mats, and would make it so players who have the gear to run epic without a friend are able to full up their armorsmiths with one or two runs.