PDA

View Full Version : To Camp, or Not?

ckos2
08-08-2013, 12:55 AM
Looking for advice...

As it is, I only do boss events (and complete them without spending gold).

Right now I'm pretty close to whale territory, and I'm wondering if I should hold off for a period for this reason...

Where I'm currently at, I can over vault by a few billion, with losing only a little at a time. The one's that can take me out, are only there for a short period, as I assume they are leveling up faster than I am. Not enough damage where I can't upgrade the LE's to 10.

I'm sure once I hit whale territory, I won't be able to over vault like this again, as I'll be destroyed by the whales and sharks.

This opportunity won't last forever, so I'm wondering if I should take advantage of this while I can, and continue upgrading my LE buildings?

Thanks

Mastert55
08-08-2013, 01:17 AM
CAMP!!! Do it, stay where you are, only do the LTQ or other bs LTE missions and so on. Build your stats, then, when you hit apex! Go for it, shred everyone in you league apart. I was a noob and did all the mission up until I hit the forum (about lvl 50) with horrible stats, I mean 20k Att and 30k Deff and now I regret it sincerely. Give yourself an opportunity to max out every single building including ALL WD building so when you hit the mid 100s you will become unstoppable. I'm at lvl 118 with 308att and 435deff, If I would have camped for the first 40 levels I would nearly have doubled it by 150. But unfortunatly with my noob ish acts in the past I f*cked up and missed that opportunity. But please, if you have several BILLIONS in your vault, camp as much as possible to become a top 10 contender when you reach high 100s and even lvl 200.

rutty
08-08-2013, 02:13 AM
Where is the Whale Zone these days?

ckos2
08-08-2013, 04:25 AM
Thanks, Mastert, but I'm not a newb. My STATS are descent, 6xxK/9xxK (Bigger than some, smaller than many).

I just know from about a month ago, I was getting destroyed by many with 1m + A/D. That batch moved on. I'd like to build my IPH a little higher before I do move into whale territory (is it still level 151+?).

warrends
08-08-2013, 04:42 AM
Camp. Do bosses and boxes and nothing else. No LTQs and no LTEs. Bosses and boxes give you by far the best bang for the buck. Do your best to stay under level 150 as long as possible. I did the same thing as Masert55 but even worse --- I didn't realize what I as doing until level 80 or so. I have now seen the light, but I still have a long way to go. I am an officer in a top 400 faction and have been fro the beginning and plan to stay with my faction forever. Not only because we get better and better every war, and at some point we will be a top 250 faction with little to no gold spending (I plan to prove that it is possible, though it will take a while), but also because after 8 or so months in my faction we've all become friends. It's a great social venue as well as playing the game itself. If you're not already in a faction, find one. You'll get whatever boosts they provide as well as personal advice from some probably very smart players. We'd be glad to take you, and PM me if you are interested, but honestly it sounds like you could easily hop into any top 100 faction with ease.

Having messed up my beginning in MW, I began KA a couple of months ago correctly. I found a camping-only guild and I do bosses only. Nothing else. I plan to stay in that guild for months and months until I am a powerhouse with uber-IPH and huge A/D stats for my level. Then I may seek out a top active guild. Some of the members of my KA camping guild have been playing for six or more months and are still only level 7 or 8. But their stats are incredible. It's all about 1) patience and 2) ignoring the ridiculous missions that the game gives you.

And I may do the same in CC. Haven't started that game yet, but if I do I will camp like crazy.

Ph4ntom Stranger
08-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Thanks, Mastert, but I'm not a newb. My STATS are descent, 6xxK/9xxK (Bigger than some, smaller than many).

I just know from about a month ago, I was getting destroyed by many with 1m + A/D. That batch moved on. I'd like to build my IPH a little higher before I do move into whale territory (is it still level 151+?).

Folks at 250 can see level 150 guys. Not all of them but most of em. I am at 170 now and I still can't see players above 178-180. So even though they have all been able to see me since 150, I still don't see any of them.

jon_funzio
08-08-2013, 06:49 AM
I used to be an advocate of camping but have changed my approach for a few reasons:

1. Camping is not compatible with being in a top faction:
- You expect to gain at least a couple of levels per WD event
- To participate in the Tournament of Factions you can't be a hardcore camper.
- Campers stats increase more slowly than normal, meaning that each event the campers have less targets.

2. The prizes from recent LTQs and other events are far better than those from the boss. Since I stopped "semi-camping", just before Australia, I have gained 400k in boosted attack stats (around 150-175k raw)

3. Camping isn't fun. the game is way more fun when you do events, hunt cash to raid and play it as a war game; I've camped, semi-camped and played with no concern for XP - and the latter has been the most fun for me. I fully expect to have people smashing up my base for money in the future (and experience it now) but that just motivates me to go and rob some money from someone else.

Just my two cents - feel free to pay attention fully or partially, but have fun whatever you're doing!

Agent Orange
08-08-2013, 06:52 AM
From L237 I can L250 to L169 all at 500 allies. Suspect allies and Level are still factors at lower levels. Overvaulting can be dangerous everywhere though. Just ask draino.....

bushobama
08-08-2013, 06:57 AM
where is super camper draino these days??

Thief
08-08-2013, 07:31 AM
As Jon highlighted alot of it has to do with what faction you are in and what your future plans goiong forward are.

I still participate in Semi-Camping (WD events, Boss events, LE buildings and Crate Events)
I do participate in the FvF events but due to my lvl and general rank i have no targets to hit.

In the end i won't partcipate in the LTQ events because they will cause more XP than the entire 3 weeks with the other 3-4 events i do play. However my stats pale in comparison to most in a top 10 faction and every war its more difficult for me to find a target.

ckos2
08-08-2013, 07:43 AM
I only have a few Boss events to go before I will be unable to finish them. That's why I'm thinking of holding back. My IPH is almost enough where I should be able to complete the LE Building events.

A couple more level 10's, and then I should be fine for the LE events.

Bndawgs
08-08-2013, 07:54 AM
If you collect your buildings on time and limit your over-vault cash, is there really anything to worry about from this so called 'whale' zone?

master chief 1
08-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Does anyone have a camper faction I can join? Im level 8 been there for 2 months. PM me thanks

Thief
08-08-2013, 08:38 AM
If you collect your buildings on time and limit your over-vault cash, is there really anything to worry about from this so called 'whale' zone?

Not really. There are only 2 reasons for someone in the whale zone to hit you:

#1 Cash (if they can't steal it then whats the poiont?)
#2 Battle points (The higher your rank/Defense the greater your going to get hit)

#3 isn't game related but it depends how you act in the game as well. Go around being a jerk you will get hit just because.

I believe the OP point though is he wants to grow his IPH substantially before going into the whale zone because he isn't limited his time over vault. He is always over vault.

Chris_
08-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Camp. I flew through the first 80 lvls not nowing that it was a bad thing. I stayed between lvl 100-150 for 5 or 6 months. I was able to beat the last 6 bosses. I was only doing bosses and box events. Sad thing is I just hit lvl 151 2 days ago

The Real F N Deal
08-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Campers seem to get left behind except in iph, and you can just raid it with higher stats so...

Powerbang
08-08-2013, 09:27 AM
I dont know about anyone else, but I dont download games to NOT play them (I.e. camp). Who is to say MW is even around in 6 months. Don't waste your time camping and planning for the future like this will somehow positively affect your life's path. Have fun with it. Like they say: Play hard or go home.

KFH
08-08-2013, 10:23 AM
i did the same as others i moved up to level 140!! as fast as i could, big mistake. I have been trying to make up for it by doing all events which levels me like crazy. I'm past lv 151 so my goal now is to get as many prizes as possible before lv 250 then build up my base. except Boost buildings they should always be done,

mistergreen
08-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Camp. Do bosses and boxes and nothing else. No LTQs and no LTEs. Bosses and boxes give you by far the best bang for the buck. Do your best to stay under level 150 as long as possible. I did the same thing as Masert55 but even worse --- I didn't realize what I as doing until level 80 or so. I have now seen the light, but I still have a long way to go. I am an officer in a top 400 faction and have been fro the beginning and plan to stay with my faction forever. Not only because we get better and better every war, and at some point we will be a top 250 faction with little to no gold spending (I plan to prove that it is possible, though it will take a while), but also because after 8 or so months in my faction we've all become friends. It's a great social venue as well as playing the game itself. If you're not already in a faction, find one. You'll get whatever boosts they provide as well as personal advice from some probably very smart players. We'd be glad to take you, and PM me if you are interested, but honestly it sounds like you could easily hop into any top 100 faction with ease.

Having messed up my beginning in MW, I began KA a couple of months ago correctly. I found a camping-only guild and I do bosses only. Nothing else. I plan to stay in that guild for months and months until I am a powerhouse with uber-IPH and huge A/D stats for my level. Then I may seek out a top active guild. Some of the members of my KA camping guild have been playing for six or more months and are still only level 7 or 8. But their stats are incredible. It's all about 1) patience and 2) ignoring the ridiculous missions that the game gives you.

And I may do the same in CC. Haven't started that game yet, but if I do I will camp like crazy.

This has been my approach. I'm Level 89 with A/D over 200K.

SGT QUEZ
08-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Keep camping. The units for upgrading le bldgs are great units and dnt cost gold or get u xp. Ud be surprised at how many ppl in top 10 factions have lower iphs then you. You can easily pass up a lot of players by simply upgrading your le bldgs.

ckos2
08-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks all : ) I will probably camp for a short period. It will hurt, as I CAN beat the boss with no gold. I guess it'll always be there, as long as I don't level up with anything else! As it is, I'm in the mid level 140's. Level 151 will come fast. Besides the whales coming, I will have to say goodbye to the boss events as I hear its impossible after that level.

As for playing the game vs camping, part of the fun/goals for me, is to build level 10 LE buildings.

Valid or
08-08-2013, 03:13 PM
I camp, only level 11 and am not going to level fast till I get my iph up and at least one unit building to level 10. If I want to compete in factions then I need the iph and attack/defence before I can start to compete.
So I would saying camping has its place.

Thief
08-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks all : ) I will probably camp for a short period. It will hurt, as I CAN beat the boss with no gold. I guess it'll always be there, as long as I don't level up with anything else! As it is, I'm in the mid level 140's. Level 151 will come fast. Besides the whales coming, I will have to say goodbye to the boss events as I hear its impossible after that level.

As for playing the game vs camping, part of the fun/goals for me, is to build level 10 LE buildings.

Its certainly not impossible. Granted its 50% more difficult than the current tier your in but you can still probably make it to lvl 45 without gold if you can beat 50 for free right now.

Ronin-11
08-08-2013, 05:18 PM
After reading a few threads about this subject I think is better for me to camp my LLP account which I am not doing because I went full on to do missions and events like any other noob. Right now on lvl 46 with 36k att 38k def and
35k iph. I think that is a really bad start so I want to fix it.
Please if anyone can recomend me a camper faction that can help me or any tips please let me know. PM me or send a signal.

Agent Orange
08-08-2013, 05:50 PM
where is super camper draino these days??

L33, just porked out hundreds of millions of $$.

Armand2REP
08-09-2013, 01:54 AM
I plan on camping the first year, upgrade all LEs to level 10 and get those units. When I hit level 151 I will join a top faction and go ballz to the wall playing events. Camping I don't have to blow money investing in faction donations as no one can beat me and put it all into my base. When I do invest in a winning faction, it will be peanuts to me by then. As a freeplayer, you really have to focus on quality of units over quantity which means getting great LE and case box units and keeping a low ally count. Over time, 2000 units really isn't that much so you want to get as many over 1k as possible. The stat inflation will make anything less worthless in the years to come.