PDA

View Full Version : There should be a 'report cheater' button...

JBE
08-06-2013, 10:13 AM
In the menu somewhere...

say for example, if you visit someone's hood and they're clearly a cheater, there should be an option in amongst the 'view rival's stats' to report them as a cheater/suspicious.

If you report someone once and they turn out not to be a cheater, you get a warning. If you cry wolf a second time, you lose your 'reporting' privilege and the button is removed for you.

However, if you successfully report a cheater, you should get five gold (thus incentivizing people to report those ruining the game for the rest of us).

It would not be hard to implement, since when you submit a support ticket it basically takes a full-data time stamp. Here, it just needs to add the data for the person whose hood you're viewing.

Very, very quick and simple solution to the cheater problem. Benefits us, benefits Gree, no reason not to do it.

BigMoney
08-06-2013, 10:15 AM
I've been asking for a more stream-lined way to report cheaters for a while. I've even tried directly asking Sirius. Probably not going to happen.

JBE
08-06-2013, 10:16 AM
I just can't see why Gree wouldn't fix this. Cheaters lose them money.

cookies
08-06-2013, 10:35 AM
While we are at it, could we please have a 'refresh' button for the syndicate wall?

Randolph
08-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Saw some new teams full of cheaters on the leaderboard :-( even with tickets send before GREE apparently didnt do anything !!!!!!!! So cheating is allowed Sirius and A&F ??????? I send tickets and got reply that it was closet send pictures as prof even statement from players themselves proving they cheated and still no action????

Can a mod please explain why GREE allows cheaters as long as they spend money on gold????

This is unacceptable!!!!!

Jules Winnfield
08-06-2013, 11:31 AM
If it was as simple as a "report cheater" button, it would get greatly abused and GREE would be even more overwhelmed with tickets. You think support is bad now? See what happens when anyone who hits a button can send in a ticket...

oh yeah
08-06-2013, 11:42 AM
It doesn't directly make them money. Not happening. Unless it cost 50 gold to press the button. Then maybe they would contemplate it

Timmaaay
08-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Wondering if Sirius or A&F could just respond once and let us know if its even possible or if they are considering it. WE've had a lot of threads recently about this and lots of posts about it too. A one line response is fine. I know they've told us the horror stories about how badly coded this game was from the beginning with Funzio so maybe its not possible? I dont know but a simple response would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Michael Bolton
08-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Support already complains that most of the reports they get about cheaters are false, and customers complain about lengthy resolution times for tickets.

Your solution, while well-intended, would create a barrage of difficult to resolve cases for support, exacerbating both problems.

If they implemented something like this, it would have to come with a cost to avoid that. Say, 100 gold to submit the research request, to cover the cost of the additional monkeys and typewriters.

CJ54
08-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Support already complains that most of the reports they get about cheaters are false, and customers complain about lengthy resolution times for tickets.

Your solution, while well-intended, would create a barrage of difficult to resolve cases for support, exacerbating both problems.

If they implemented something like this, it would have to come with a cost to avoid that. Say, 100 gold to submit the research request, to cover the cost of the additional monkeys and typewriters.

We share your view of the most likely outcome, which is why we are not going to do this. Also, cheat reports with zero information besides a player name are already unhelpful. But it wouldn't be right to charge gold for the ability to report *anything*, so we're not going to do that either.

Randolph
08-06-2013, 01:39 PM
So when i send you tickets with 100% proof of a player that cheated and he isnt banned what am i to think of that then?????

Timmaaay
08-06-2013, 01:56 PM
While maybe not the answer some were looking for, we all appreciate the transparency and response CJ. Thank you.

We share your view of the most likely outcome, which is why we are not going to do this. Also, cheat reports with zero information besides a player name are already unhelpful. But it wouldn't be right to charge gold for the ability to report *anything*, so we're not going to do that either.

nickcity
08-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Bottom line is Gree really doesn't mind the cheaters and will gladly take their money. Main priority is to make money as fast as they can before the game implodes.

JBE
08-06-2013, 02:14 PM
If it was as simple as a "report cheater" button, it would get greatly abused and GREE would be even more overwhelmed with tickets. You think support is bad now? See what happens when anyone who hits a button can send in a ticket...

I don't think you and Michael Bolton actually read my original post.

Once again, as I said originally, the way to stop Gree being overwhelmed with tickets is to ensure that people are punished if they 'cry wolf' - two false claims and your ability to report a cheater is permanently taken away. A bit like disputing whether the ball is out or not in tennis.

JBE
08-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Thanks, CJ54, for at least responding to my suggestion.

jayrok
08-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Thank you....why don't people worry about themselves and not others. Cheaters are everywhere and in everything. Deal with it and carry on.

montecore
08-06-2013, 03:37 PM
In the menu somewhere...

say for example, if you visit someone's hood and they're clearly a cheater, there should be an option in amongst the 'view rival's stats' to report them as a cheater/suspicious.

If you report someone once and they turn out not to be a cheater, you get a warning. If you cry wolf a second time, you lose your 'reporting' privilege and the button is removed for you.

However, if you successfully report a cheater, you should get five gold (thus incentivizing people to report those ruining the game for the rest of us).

It would not be hard to implement, since when you submit a support ticket it basically takes a full-data time stamp. Here, it just needs to add the data for the person whose hood you're viewing.

Very, very quick and simple solution to the cheater problem. Benefits us, benefits Gree, no reason not to do it.

The problem with any reward system is that people will create cheater accounts just to catch them, and then the reward becomes a type of cheating in itself.