PDA

View Full Version : Forum Morale

Evil Mastermind
08-06-2013, 09:30 AM
I have given GREE many money making ideas. This one is for the players, specifically forum members. Lets just say its less than an ideal place around here and has been for months. It appears that most (myself included) resort to a little debauchery to liven this place up a bit.

I for one would like to the see the return of some forum fun. I think GREE should reward their forum patrons like days of old. Bring back some forum contests. I don't care if its "add-me" , "name that unit", "create a boss" , "design a unit", etc.

Everyone likes free stuff (gold, units, etc) and all of those "events" seemed to really produce some positive energy (when implemented on time). I would think everyone would agree that there is enough of the negative energy already and we would appreciate this type of moderator interaction.

Events: Once a month or once every two months.

Grand prizes:
Mega-stat units, vault of gold, or vault of cash etc.

Runner up prizes:
Good stat units, 500 gold, etc.

What does everyone think?

-Evil M. ;D

west coast girl
08-06-2013, 09:34 AM
sounds great. anything is better than the negativity. I used to come on here to search for strategies, helpful advice and such. not so much anymore

warrends
08-06-2013, 09:47 AM
sounds great. anything is better than the negativity. I used to come on here to search for strategies, helpful advice and such. not so much anymore

Exactly what she said.

Although honestly this forum isn't really any different than any other gaming forum:
- There are those who do nothing but whine and complain (usually about 99% of the population ...).
- There are those who do nothing but gloat (usually about 20% of the population).
- There are those who do nothing but spam and waste everyone else's time (usually about 10% of the population).

- And then there are those who do nothing but help (usually about 10% of the forum population). These would absolutely include the Mastermind, Thief, Devin, and a host of others. We need more of you guys and gals.

IlliniFan1
08-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me! Add me Mondays have been gone for a long time.

General Soviet
08-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Those forum events were the best! What happened to em? Your idea is great, as usual, they should definitely bring it back.

jchow69
08-06-2013, 10:35 AM
How about everyone who enters the contest get like 50 gold and/or a unit that is 200/200? And the winners get a unit with a boost?

jchow69
08-06-2013, 10:36 AM
That way, people can get stronger just by participating!

jchow69
08-06-2013, 10:36 AM
It should also be in the form of a splash screen.

General Soviet
08-06-2013, 10:40 AM
It should also be in the form of a splash screen.
That could attract new people to the forums, if you make the splash screen advertise "a new, Gree forum members only event".

jchow69
08-06-2013, 10:41 AM
That could attract new people to the forums, if you make the splash screen advertise "a new, Gree forum members only event".

How about only for senior members??

jchow69
08-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Don't make the units BS either. A 200/200 units and 50 gold would be just perfect. And the winners..., well..., they probably don't have to spend any more cash for a month if they win. Spending one vault of gold a month could get you a top 25 spot.

Evil Mastermind
08-06-2013, 11:43 AM

This would cause problems. People would spam even more just to get post count up to participate.

fils
08-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Yeah, good idea! I'm around since last years summer and i still caught a few forum events. Never won any grand prize but I really liked those events.

DavidtheBoo
08-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Might be a stupid question but, what were those events exactly?

Evil Mastermind
08-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Might be a stupid question but, what were those events exactly?

The previous moderators held forum contests:

"Add Me" - people simply posted his/her MW code on the thread and 10 random winners were selected. Like a raffle type drawing. Winners received 100 gold (needs to be more now due to inflation).

"Name that Unit" - picture of a new unit was displayed and people were allowed to create a name for it. Top choices were selected and then voted on by forum members in a poll. Winner received the new unit in his/her inventory.

"Design a unit" - people submitted photos or sketches of potential units. Gree chose the winners and winners were given the LE set.

There were PVE and PVP contests too but that was before they were functional in the game as they are now.

It doesn't even have to be these same contests. It could be anything. Simply feel it would be a show of good faith that GREE monitors this forum and appreciates the patrons (not trolls) on this site.

Speed ump
08-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Evil, I commend you. Seems like a new page is being turned. Glad to see it too. Keep it coming.

jchow69
08-06-2013, 12:15 PM

"Add Me" - people simply posted his/her MW code on the thread and 10 random winners were selected. Like a raffle type drawing.

"Name that Unit" - picture of a new unit was displayed and people were allowed to create a name for it. Top choices were selected and then vote on by forum members in a poll. Winner received the new unit in his/her inventory.

"Design a unit" - people submitted photos or sketches of potential units. Gree chose the winners and winners were given the LE set.

There were PVE and PVP contests too but that was before they were functional in the game as they are now.

It doesn't even have to be these same contests. It could be anything. Simply feel it would be a show of good faith that GREE monitors this forum and appreciates the patrons (not trolls) on this site.

What was the pvp prizes before the first one for Poland started?

Evil Mastermind
08-06-2013, 12:17 PM
What was the pvp prizes before the first one for Poland started?

Honestly, I don't remember.

Evil Mastermind
08-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Evil, I commend you. Seems like a new page is being turned. Glad to see it too. Keep it coming.

I am not all bad. But, I am certainly not all good either.

DavidtheBoo
08-06-2013, 12:23 PM

"Add Me" - people simply posted his/her MW code on the thread and 10 random winners were selected. Like a raffle type drawing. Winners received 100 gold (needs to be more now due to inflation).

"Name that Unit" - picture of a new unit was displayed and people were allowed to create a name for it. Top choices were selected and then voted on by forum members in a poll. Winner received the new unit in his/her inventory.

Thanks, sounds fun.

jchow69
08-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Honestly, I don't remember.

I only remembered a Limited Time thing back in China where you go and attack players with more than 1 ally or raid natural gas plants and stuff. I liked those events, but too hard to find targets to raid because most is already raided out. The boosts were good, just wished more boosts for LTQs.

Evil Mastermind
08-06-2013, 12:31 PM
I only remembered a Limited Time thing back in China where you go and attack players with more than 1 ally or raid natural gas plants and stuff. I liked those events, but too hard to find targets to raid because most is already raided out. The boosts were good, just wished more boosts for LTQs.

Oh no, it wasn't like that. The forum ones were much more simplistic, based on number of missions completed or number of raids/attacks.

jchow69
08-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Oh no, it wasn't like that. The forum ones were much more simplistic, based on number of missions completed or number of raids/attacks.

Was it like the one where I did a survey on Funzio or something and I got a Black Panther 36/34 I think. Back then, it was a good unit.

Evil Mastermind
08-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Was it like the one where I did a survey on Funzio or something and I got a Black Panther 36/34 I think. Back then, it was a good unit.

Yes, that was one of the promotions offering a prize.

jchow69
08-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Yes, that was one of the promotions offering a prize.I wouldn't mind if they had those events back again!

KFH
08-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Great idea!! i hope they read and bring some of those back. anything to liven up the forum to many people at odds, people are more likely to post an insult to a question than a helpful answer.

CJ54
08-06-2013, 12:43 PM
We've actually been discussing this exact thing over here. We had to put the kibosh on them early this year due to bandwidth issues (long story short: guild and WD implementation in all the games radically changed and broke everything and we had to focus on that for awhile), but it is something that we want to start doing again. Feel free to keep tossing out what you would like to see, and we'll keep an eye on this thread.

jchow69
08-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Great idea!! i hope they read and bring some of those back. anything to liven up the forum to many people at odds, people are more likely to post an insult to a question than a helpful answer.

I would not mind a 500/500 or 1000/1000 unit in my inventory especially if it has a boost, or if they give gold along with it.

jchow69
08-06-2013, 12:44 PM
We've actually been discussing this exact thing over here. We had to put the kibosh on them early this year due to bandwidth issues, but it is something that we want to start doing again. Feel free to keep tossing out what you would like to see, and we'll keep an eye on this thread.

Nice, we've just caught some interest! Maybe it might just come back again! May Modern War be the number 1 app in the future!:D

Evil Mastermind
08-06-2013, 12:53 PM
We've actually been discussing this exact thing over here. We had to put the kibosh on them early this year due to bandwidth issues (long story short: guild and WD implementation in all the games radically changed and broke everything and we had to focus on that for awhile), but it is something that we want to start doing again. Feel free to keep tossing out what you would like to see, and we'll keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. You or the other mods might want to pass some of these along to others within GREE. I think they might be interested. Feel free to contact me if there are any questions.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?61123-GREE-Sticky-This-The-LIST

;D

jchow69
08-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Thanks for stopping by and commenting. You or the other mods might want to pass some of these along to others within GREE. I think they might be interested. Feel free to contact me if there are any questions.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?61123-GREE-Sticky-This-The-LIST

;D

The units should give like a 5 or 10% health regen boost. Not a whole lot, but something to be happy about.

Bstreazy
08-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Great idea, glad to see gree take notice. The forums have suuucked lately, just fights and trolls.

jchow69
08-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Great idea, glad to see gree take notice. The forums have suuucked lately, just fights and trolls.

It'll get better in the future.

Speed ump
08-06-2013, 01:45 PM
I am not all bad. But, I am certainly not all good either.

Sometimes it's good to be bad.lol. Like what you're doing though, honestly.

DaBoss!
08-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Great Idea, I would gladly compete for some extra gold, considering I'm a free player

Thief
08-06-2013, 02:28 PM

Im with Speed ump on this one.

Personally i'm a big fan.

I would like to see a couple things come back:
Name a LE set after members reccomendations (or player names)

Host events in honor of members (Devin for the win) but don't make it impossible like that one.

Also Gree make another event where people are rewarded for coming to the forum. This is your community and the more you can get people involved the more they are hooked and willing to spend money. Make an event that offeres some sort of small boost (5% Health regen, 5% building payout etc etc) that people would come to the forum and be apart of in order to obtain.

DaBoss!
08-06-2013, 02:37 PM
I got a question, I don't know if it has been answered somewhere or not, but what determines if you are a member, junior member or senior member. Is it the amount of posts you have given or the amount of time you have been a member. Sorry if this off topic.

Tctiger
08-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Would be nice to see the forum things come back , wasn't keen on the poems stuff though , name the unit was good but flancraft ? , one big forum team v the rest of the world type pvp thing would be cool , who gets most bp forum v rest of mw something like that maybe .

Speed ump
08-06-2013, 08:50 PM
What happened, today started off great. People need to preach, and this is a chapel? Lets get this more positive thread pushed back to the top. Here's an idea, and very likely we may soon see it coming to a wd near you. A champion is determined in most events in head to head matches. So the first x hours determine the final two teams( who knows, maybe latter it could be expanded to top ten) and play head to head for the top spot for lets say three battles. Wouldn't that be a great way to determine a true champion. Or one and done until top two are matched after the format is expanded. Adds a new twist to things. Then instead of a too long and drawn out battles that players get weary of, there would be new excitement in the final phases of the event. Wouldn't everyone want to watch that.

Tito89
08-06-2013, 09:33 PM
this is the kinda stuff the stickies are for. id like a custom unit lottery with id codes, your id gets called you win your own custom unit.

candyson
08-06-2013, 10:59 PM
What happened, today started off great. People need to preach, and this is a chapel? Lets get this more positive thread pushed back to the top. Here's an idea, and very likely we may soon see it coming to a wd near you. A champion is determined in most events in head to head matches. So the first x hours determine the final two teams( who knows, maybe latter it could be expanded to top ten) and play head to head for the top spot for lets say three battles. Wouldn't that be a great way to determine a true champion. Or one and done until top two are matched after the format is expanded. Adds a new twist to things. Then instead of a too long and drawn out battles that players get weary of, there would be new excitement in the final phases of the event. Wouldn't everyone want to watch that.
So what you're saying is that you want to have an even bigger spending war with Ferr than when y'all went for over 80 million points?
That'll be a very interesting battle

Mcdoc
08-07-2013, 12:24 AM
I got a question, I don't know if it has been answered somewhere or not, but what determines if you are a member, junior member or senior member. Is it the amount of posts you have given or the amount of time you have been a member. Sorry if this off topic.

Didn't see that anyone answered this for you - but unfortunately - it is Just based on post count.

It would be nice if there was a way for people to click a Thumbs Up on your post or a Thumbs Down to kinda "Like" or "Dis-Like" your post - and after 100 likes - then you earned "Senior" and after 1000 you earned some new title and after 10,000 likes - it just said "Legend" :)

Then when people wanted to start a post about "Legends" on the forum - it would be based on helpful people who contribute to the Forum in a positive way - and not just some A$$ Clown spouting off names of people in his faction :)

I know - we already have a way to rate a thread with the stars - but this is a way to rate a particular post - and track a general trend of a forum member.

Oh yeah a with 100 Thumbs Down votes - someone could earn the official title of "Troll" - and after 1000 Thumbs Down votes - right above your Avatar it says A$$ Clown - LoL

jchow69
08-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Didn't see that anyone answered this for you - but unfortunately - it is Just based on post count.

It would be nice if there was a way for people to click a Thumbs Up on your post or a Thumbs Down to kinda "Like" or "Dis-Like" your post - and after 100 likes - then you earned "Senior" and after 1000 you earned some new title and after 10,000 likes - it just said "Legend" :)

Then when people wanted to start a post about "Legends" on the forum - it would be based on helpful people who contribute to the Forum in a positive way - and not just some A$$ Clown spouting off names of people in his faction :)

I know - we already have a way to rate a thread with the stars - but this is a way to rate a particular post - and track a general trend of a forum member.

Oh yeah a with 100 Thumbs Down votes - someone could earn the official title of "Troll" - and after 1000 Thumbs Down votes - right above your Avatar it says A$$ Clown - LoL

Wouldn't that be kinda like the "like" button that they have in Facebook or other social media?

SGT Rud
08-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Evil - some of your ideas are ........... But I like this one. I joined the forums just after they ended doing this. I brought this same thing back up about a month ago. I love it. The morale around this place is horrible. I missed out on the create your own boss, or unit. I think those are great ideas to keep it alive in here.

Evil Mastermind
08-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Evil - some of your ideas are ........... But I like this one. I joined the forums just after they ended doing this. I brought this same thing back up about a month ago. I love it. The morale around this place is horrible. I missed out on the create your own boss, or unit. I think those are great ideas to keep it alive in here.

I will be happy to fill in that .............. for you. The word you were looking for is "Genius". LOL

jchow69
08-07-2013, 09:18 AM
They should come up with an original unit like the Funzio raider or the Forum Fighter.

Governer
08-07-2013, 09:24 AM
I have given GREE many money making ideas. This one is for the players, specifically forum members. Lets just say its less than an ideal place around here and has been for months. It appears that most (myself included) resort to a little debauchery to liven this place up a bit.

I for one would like to the see the return of some forum fun. I think GREE should reward their forum patrons like days of old. Bring back some forum contests. I don't care if its "add-me" , "name that unit", "create a boss" , "design a unit", etc.

Everyone likes free stuff (gold, units, etc) and all of those "events" seemed to really produce some positive energy (when implemented on time). I would think everyone would agree that there is enough of the negative energy already and we would appreciate this type of moderator interaction.

Grand prizes:

Runner up prizes:

-Evil M. ;D

I am new to this forum and also Crime city, but this sounds great, and I do come here to get tips on the game. The threads I have read have helped me a lot. Thanks to all those who post helpful info.

DaBoss!
08-07-2013, 09:32 AM

Okay Thanks!!!!!!

corso1265
08-07-2013, 01:59 PM

Lol, isn't your senior coffee from McDonald's enough? You seniors are all the same

jchow69
08-07-2013, 03:48 PM
The units from these events would mean a great deal to me and I would value them very much.

stephen2013
08-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Excellent ideas! I would love to see some positive activity aside from the trolls and people who ***** about the same old problems.

corso1265
08-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Jchow I was totally kiddin with ya bro. No disrespect meant at all

corso1265
08-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Let's start a fantasy MW league, lol!

jchow69
08-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Was thinking about the units. Participants get a unit that is 500/500 with a 5% ground defense bonus. Second tier winners get a 1000/1000 unit with +1 energy regen and first tier winners get a 2000/2000 unit with a 20% health regen bonus.

Beach Head
08-27-2013, 11:57 AM
i need several post to make a recruitment thread

Kefa
08-27-2013, 02:24 PM
Maybe there could be something that makes people new to the game and to the forum feel a little welcome... Everyone started with an empty square of land before they knew what anything was, right?

Maybe an "Introduce Yourself" thread where newbies can post something about themselves and hopefully be welcomed by veterans? Add a random drawing once a month awarding one of those posters who joined the game (or forum?) in the last month, and people will be even more motivated to participate in discussions. The prize could be an appropriate amount of gold, or a unit that would be helpful to someone who's only been playing for a month, like maybe a unit that boosts defense by a percentage or a high-defense-stat unit?

IDK, just a thought from my perspective as I try to stab my way in the dark to figure things out, also considering that new members to the forum can't post new threads, and necro-ing an old thread to ask questions is against posting guidelines. For the game to grow it needs new players to join & learn to play well, right?

Exxtraterrestrial
08-27-2013, 03:34 PM
love that idea

jchow69
08-27-2013, 03:37 PM
love that idea

Ya, it's just dat after da faction thing came out, it stopped. If we can get a petition going, we might be able to get da forum contests back, lol.

Wayne-Metal
08-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Sounds great but the idea of GREE giving free stuff?? What words did I just utter? That's unheard of. It would be nice though.

ptong
08-27-2013, 07:51 PM

Hard to obtain sufficient bandwidth when you get 14 years olds and 23 year olds spamming every other thread CJ. You have my sympathies for the additional costs incurred to entertain these camper types.

oacju
08-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Ya, it's just dat after da faction thing came out, it stopped. If we can get a petition going, we might be able to get da forum contests back, lol.

You know what's the thing about petitions? They don't usually work. Look at the petition to make Warner Bros fire Ben Affleck from his contract to play Batman. That thing has 50k + signatures and he's sticking around. So what makes you think a petition will get us free gold and items ingame from forum events? I'm just being realistic here.

jchow69
08-28-2013, 08:36 AM
You know what's the thing about petitions? They don't usually work. Look at the petition to make Warner Bros fire Ben Affleck from his contract to play Batman. That thing has 50k + signatures and he's sticking around. So what makes you think a petition will get us free gold and items ingame from forum events? I'm just being realistic here.

Well, sometimes it works. When all else fails, it's worth a try, although it might come crashing down.

Max Power
08-28-2013, 08:38 AM

Well, as of August 2013, the strategy is participate in as many events as you can, spend as much as you can afford, lather rinse, repeat....LOL!

These events have really pulled a lot of strategy out of this game.

Herr Kruger
08-28-2013, 10:09 AM

Grand prizes:

Runner up prizes:

-Evil M. ;D

It's great. Better than the daily scratch, which is now replaced with the daily reward.

Evil Mastermind
08-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Ahh. I see someone brought this back around. YO CJ...any progress?!?

jchow69
08-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Ahh. I see someone brought this back around. YO CJ...any progress?!?

I bought this back up so to keep it alive, lol.