PDA

View Full Version : Please fix hideout purchase screen!!!!

jayrok
08-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Ok if you can make millions of free, happy joy fun time robbery land weapons appear and then disappear from every players inventory in the entire game than you can improve your hideout purchase system...get one of those tech guys to type a few more lines of 1001000011100010001000 and make it so I can just hit 60 level 10...here are your bricks. Thank you...please bump and keep this relevant. Give players what they want...don't just take.

jopdermod
08-06-2013, 10:09 AM
OH yes please, and to make it even more simple .. please give me a FIRST OFFICER .. that can kick members, and upgrade as well .. I hate dictatorships :)

Ciara
08-06-2013, 10:10 AM
I like both ideas :) 👍

genaks
08-06-2013, 10:17 AM
A small tip here - go to the hideouts tab, then the donate tab and then back to the hideout tab. Try buying and upgrading after these steps, you don't have to see the spinning loading thing every time. Works for me at least. Hope it helps. Doesn't work on android though...

jayrok
08-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Bump...that's still too much work...type 60...buy...done.

CJ54
08-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Okay, I'll make you a deal. Pretend that you are talking to someone who knows nothing about what is going on with the hideout screen. Explain what the current functioning is, and how you would like it to be different, with details, and we will put in a feature change request for it.

The first officer idea is a little tougher to implement because of the way the guild membership is set up, but I will ask.

jayrok
08-06-2013, 01:14 PM
OK...thanks friend...here is my idea...the screen doesn't need to change, that's solid. Now, instead of clicking upgrade over and over and over put in "purchase" and have a box to type in "how many". Auto calculate what the price would be along the left side where cost already is and it would be solid. Stream lined and simple. I hope this helps...I could do a little more thorough of an explanation but I'm sure you guys are pretty smart. Pm me either way...I'm a practical person and would love to help make this game better. Cheers...Donegal Brawlers...501.

jopdermod
08-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Okay, I'll make you a deal. Pretend that you are talking to someone who knows nothing about what is going on with the hideout screen. Explain what the current functioning is, and how you would like it to be different, with details, and we will put in a feature change request for it.

The first officer idea is a little tougher to implement because of the way the guild membership is set up, but I will ask.

Just skip the need to have a lvl -1 to buy the hideout.
Just make ALL level hideouts purchasable at once .. IMO .. hit lvl you want and get a pop up: this will cost XX $$ + XX bricks -> OK?

Right now when buying hideouts for war it takes a good 30 minutes of buying to get a dozen lvl10 hideouts. So when you want to get 60 lvl10 hideouts thats A DAYJOB.

The Fonz
08-06-2013, 01:50 PM
OK...thanks friend...here is my idea...the screen doesn't need to change, that's solid. Now, instead of clicking upgrade over and over and over put in "purchase" and have a box to type in "how many". Auto calculate what the price would be along the left side where cost already is and it would be solid. Stream lined and simple. I hope this helps...I could do a little more thorough of an explanation but I'm sure you guys are pretty smart. Pm me either way...I'm a practical person and would love to help make this game better. Cheers...Donegal Brawlers...501.

As someone who works in software development, I have a fair idea as to what you're looking for functionality- and results-wise, but implementing such a solution isn't as simple as inserting an adjacent button and an edit field onto the existing screen. There are many variables behind the calculations that a layperson won't take into account, but the developer has to consider, not to mention that they (the developers) have to work within the confines of a limited screen area (not a problem on tablets, but will be on smartphones and mobile devices such as the iPod, thus limiting what features to implement, without sacrificing ease-of-use), while trying to account for every possible "if-then" scenario to ensure that a given purchase option isn't overlooked. It's not as simple as doing a mere multiplication of required hideouts at a desired level, to arrive at the cost in dollars and bricks.

jayrok
08-06-2013, 02:10 PM
OK...they are a multi million dollar game biz...if they can't do this than they need to hire new developers or re-evaluate their role in the game business...its not that complicated...they removed a massive item glitch yesterday that affected millions IN MINUTES!!! gimme a break.
I play 90% on my cell...a nice pop up in a box when you click on hideout level would work too...just like the weapon purchase pop up. Would you like a level ten hideout for 160 bricks and 30000$...click buy...not that hard. There now I vented...I still love you gree. You can't please everyone all the time but you can satisfy some a little bit. Cheers

jayrok
08-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Simply put...turn your hideout purchase screen into a stores screen. Everything is already there and tested...bingo bango bump

jayrok
08-06-2013, 06:09 PM
simple fix bump

CohibAA
08-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Hopefully they try this change to syndicate hideouts right before the next battle in 16 days. I'm sure that is plenty of time to code and thoroughly test the product for release, as is S.O.P. It would be even better if they could try to make changes to the hierarchy structure also, at the same time.

What could go wrong?

;)

_Drifter
08-06-2013, 06:18 PM
They should leave the hideout upgrade system as is. What, it's too challenging and time consuming? Go play sim city or solitaire.

There are many, many more issues that should have priority over this nonsense.

jayrok
08-06-2013, 06:57 PM
OK drifter..how long does it take to make 10 level 10's? On average a decent team in battles uses 40-60...its an efficiency thing that cuts the frustration. If high level teams get frustrated maybe we will go to Sim city. I don't complain much but constructive criticism is usually appreciated. The majority of issues I see are nonsense...this one isnt and can be streamlined. Cheers.

jayrok
08-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Bump for this

Senator McCarthy
08-06-2013, 08:42 PM
I am not a programmer so I don't know what the easiest method to fix this but it is a little ridicules that I have to press the button ten times to get 1 hideout to level 10... and if a syndicate gets 60 to 65 hideouts... that is 600 to 650 times I have to press the button.

Is Gree trying to give me carpal tunnel?

Most of the top syndicates use level 10 hideouts. If programing is too difficult to purchase all hideouts at once... maybe there should be an option to purchase a level 10 hideout with one-click. I would rather click the button 60 or 65 times rather than 600 to 650 times.

jayrok
08-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Bump bump...force change for the better...support the needs of daily players no matter how small.

Butt Futter
08-07-2013, 04:01 AM
Don't use hideouts then.

jopdermod
08-07-2013, 04:07 AM
Don't use hideouts then.

They could start using Teepee's :)

Butt Futter
08-07-2013, 04:24 AM
They could start using Teepee's :)

Don't give our secret away!!! :mad:

The Fonz
08-07-2013, 07:10 AM
I am not a programmer so I don't know what the easiest method to fix this but it is a little ridicules that I have to press the button ten times to get 1 hideout to level 10... and if a syndicate gets 60 to 65 hideouts... that is 600 to 650 times I have to press the button.
I have, and what you're proposing isn't an easy feature to implement. Could they have implemented a more streamlined solution with which to purchase hideouts? Yes, but what's in place right now works, though tedious and time-consuming, because user verification is taken into consideration at each step, and it's one of the few things within the game that works consistently and correctly. The user has to assume responsibility for a given action (in this case, a hideout purchase at a specific level), and the developer can't (or shouldn't) be blamed for a misstep because user verification is solicited at every step. Could they simplify the hideout purchase feature? Possibly, but it would involve overhauling all of the existing code, and it would require significant testing, resources that may not be available at their disposal. Some may argue that, as a multi-million dollar company, that shouldn't be an issue, but one has to also consider that GREE has been incurring losses recently, staff has been reduced and finding talented, competent programmers and Q&A testers are challenges for any major organization. It means diverting resources from an existing project to work on this, and my assumption is that GREE believes that other areas take precedence at the moment, i.e. it's something they can work on when resources are freed up, but it won't be assigned top priority.

Most of the top syndicates use level 10 hideouts. If programing is too difficult to purchase all hideouts at once... maybe there should be an option to purchase a level 10 hideout with one-click. I would rather click the button 60 or 65 times rather than 600 to 650 times.
The key word being "most". The programmer has to account for contingencies that the average user would never take into account, as not every syn adopts a uniform strategy regarding hideout construction or usage. Should the developer create a button for each hideout level? How do you deal with the issue of quantity desired? Should an edit field be used, or would it be better to use a two-button combination (denoting increase/decrease)? What if a syn leader wanted to use a combination of hideout levels during battle, thus complicating things even further? There is so much a programmer and game designer has to take into consideration with a feature like this that it can't be done within a span of three weeks (i.e. before the next syn battle arrives), not if you want it to work properly and reliably, while keeping it user-friendly.

jayrok
08-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Why could you not have a pop up...just like the store...it has ten pics...each pic is a hideout...just like weapons purchases...click buy...bam! I don't know why people are fighting this...it makes sense. All it is, is an improvement. Take away the one tedious task in the game. If it changes that's great but no-one can claim the system in place is user friendly...and I tried teepees...arrows go right through them.

LadyMarmalade
08-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Oh WOW. This is what you guys have to do every time?

_Drifter
08-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Why could you not have a pop up...just like the store...it has ten pics...each pic is a hideout...just like weapons purchases...click buy...bam! I don't know why people are fighting this...it makes sense. All it is, is an improvement. Take away the one tedious task in the game. If it changes that's great but no-one can claim the system in place is user friendly...and I tried teepees...arrows go right through them.

My friend, this whole game is based on the passing of time and repeating the same actions of and over. Searching rivals list? Tedious. Attacking rivals? Tedious. Robbing rivals? Tedious. It wouldn't surprise me if the name "tedious city" had been one of the considerations when they were deciding what to call this game.

jayrok
08-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Drifter...good point...I would still like the hideout purchase system smoothed out.