PDA

View Full Version : A camping question in regard to the LTQs

Chairman Maw
08-06-2013, 02:31 AM
Hello darlings,

I have a camping question. I have just started a new game on my new iPad. I intend to camp. Whether you agree with this strategy or not, I have a question. I am at Level 9 currently. If I move up to level 10 I can participate in the LTQs.

So, baring in mind Im camping, should I move up to L10 and nail some LTQs? or forget about them and continue to camp? I am aware that I will further level up if I participate in LTQs, but also aware of the stat increase associated with the LTQs.

Any advice from more experience campers would be very welcome! :cool:

Cheers,

Maw

Gatorade
08-06-2013, 02:33 AM
I doubt you can participate in LTQs at Level 10. They usually employ parts of the map which are not unlocked until much higher.

For the last 2 LTQs, from memory, the qualifying Level you had to be for them even to be available was at 31 and 35 respectively.

So bit of a moot point really.

Zedsta
08-06-2013, 02:39 AM
As a camper. Ltqs are out of the question..... to much xp.

DavidtheBoo
08-06-2013, 02:49 AM
My mini is level 36 and can not participate in all LTQs

Chairman Maw
08-06-2013, 03:33 AM
Ah, excellent. Thanks for the replies!

This link; https://games.gree-support.net/entries/21775020-Crime-City-FAQs

States "What level do I have to be to participate in special events (lockboxes, PvP, leaderboards, etc.)?
You must be at least level 10 to participate in most types of events. Limited time quest chains have their own level requirements which vary depending upon the map areas being used."

Which is what I was basing my hypothesis on. Back to camping I go! :cool:

Gatorade
08-06-2013, 04:05 AM
Maw - I'm new to the camping thing too having only just started a 2nd account.

I assume you've seen this guide which I found really helpful:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?63045-C00guy-s-Happy-Campers-Guide-for-Low-Level-Campers&highlight=campers+guide

Once my camper has matured just a little, my plan is to join a syndicate to be their Power Attacker/waller. I'm quite lucky as my main account is in a syndicate which itself has a baby syndicate so I'll have no problems getting in.

Chairman Maw
08-06-2013, 04:10 AM
Cheers Gatorade, I haven't seen that guide. I was referring to an older one. I will take a read now. Thanks.

In regard to a syndicate. I've just gone and set one up. I guess I shouldn't have done this? I don't have to fight during wars I suppose.

Gatorade
08-06-2013, 04:18 AM
Hi Maw - see the guide and subsequent discussions in it. Blind leading the blind here, but I wouldn't have thought that your own syndicate was the way to go.

I know from my main account our big syndicate has some dedicated PAs/wallers who are campers. They do a job for us and in return benefit from our prizes. In their role, they're not picking up XP. I'd like to get my camper in a top 1000 syndicate to begin with, then perhaps move-up as it get stronger.

*I'm looking to be a crawler than an out-and-out static camper.

Chairman Maw
08-06-2013, 04:41 AM
Hmm, very interesting read that, Gatorade. Especially in regard to the syndicate membership. I guess if I could find like minded campers, we could just hit walls/HQ's to earn IP to possibly win weapons. Big ask though. In my first account, I went flat out trying to do as much as I could in as short a space of time as possible. The net result is I'm an average player for my level. With my new account I want to be better than that and I'm prepared to take my time to do so.

I'm currently trimming down my mafia numbers back to 45 which is appropriate for my level as is my understanding of various posts. I guess there's no point in rushing to level 100 then 300 if you aint got the cash to build the buildings.

vips
08-06-2013, 04:46 AM
I agree with you.

I doubt you can participate in LTQs at Level 10. They usually employ parts of the map which are not unlocked until much higher.

For the last 2 LTQs, from memory, the qualifying Level you had to be for them even to be available was at 31 and 35 respectively.

So bit of a moot point really.

Gatorade
08-06-2013, 04:49 AM
Starting a syndicate from scratch........@ 50 points a time you're going to need a lot of campers and do a lot of hits to even break into the top 4000.

In my biggish syndicate we had some accounts doing the PA/wall duties for us. Those accounts now benefit from all the prizes up to top 150. This seems a better way to get weapons + bonuses.

If you put your camper in the "Free Agent" thread in syndicate recruitment just about the time of the next war, then I'm sure your camper will receive offers.

When a syndicate has one or two spaces vacant, it's much better to fill them with a low level camper who will pa/wall for you than leave those spaces unused.

Chairman Maw
08-06-2013, 04:57 AM
Damn. Good point. Hadnt thought this through.

I may see if my big syndicate will accept my camper for just wall hits etc.

Any thoughts on mafia numbers? I should have 45 but have 60+. Get rid of 20 or so?

TRAZ
08-06-2013, 05:03 AM
What's your goal?

You can always go just high enough in level to do say the first 10 levels of the LTQ. Low XP and power weapons for your low level.

BigMoney
08-06-2013, 05:05 AM
As a camper. Ltqs are out of the question..... to much xp.

Well obviously so for the OP, but in general, I don't see why you wouldn't participate in LTQs. No one says you have to complete them-- for example if you did just the first job of the current LTQ, you'd gain 14xp in exchange for a 132/121 gun. That's a good deal, isn't it? And there's a nonconsumable explosive not too far behind that one either-- 73xp more, 185/145 explosive.

Chairman Maw
08-06-2013, 05:11 AM
My goal is to become a strong player and I see camping as the vehicle (excuse the pun) to facilitate it.

Well obviously so for the OP, but in general, I don't see why you wouldn't participate in LTQs. No one says you have to complete them-- for example if you did just the first job of the current LTQ, you'd gain 14xp in exchange for a 132/121 gun. That's a good deal, isn't it? And there's a nonconsumable explosive not too far behind that one either-- 73xp more, 185/145 explosive.

Going from what you have said, then yes it's good value for XP gained.

Chairman Maw
08-06-2013, 05:24 AM
btw, when can i start a thread? this is making me rage.

You must be on the wrong forum. Try this;

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/internet-trolls

Gatorade
08-06-2013, 05:31 AM
Don't know mate. Must be a minimum post count. Keep replying!

Great - not we're actively encouraging trolls - jeez.

Even if you weren't aware of wa7sh, did the idea never cross your mind that he's the sixth as all the previous ones were banned. Or was it's insightful comments which blindsided you?

Chairman Maw
08-06-2013, 05:34 AM
Great - not we're actively encouraging trolls - jeez.

Even if you weren't aware of wa7sh, did the idea never cross your mind that he's the sixth as all the previous ones were banned. Or was it's insightful comments which blindsided you?

Sorry, I had no idea what so ever. If he's the sixth incarnation then he will already know there is a minimum post number?

I can edit my post to something more offensive if you like? I'm not here to troll, I am way too busy for that. I'm here to get valid and useful information from my peers. This is possibly the best source of information I have come across.

I valued your opinion and input to my OP, so don't have a go at me. There's a good chap.

Chosen Pessimist
08-06-2013, 05:45 AM
I always look at the Xp to stat gain. This LTQ for example I went to level 5, because the Xp was worth the stats, but this LTQ has too many levels in it meaning rewards are farther spaced making this LTQ garbage to go beyond lvl 5 for a camper

bald zeemer
08-06-2013, 05:46 AM
This forum needs a better class of troll.

Chairman Maw
08-06-2013, 05:57 AM
no, im on the right one. i recommend you go get yourself a pair of glasses.

What type? what prescription and do I need varifocal lenses?

Chairman Maw
08-06-2013, 05:57 AM
I always look at the Xp to stat gain. This LTQ for example I went to level 5, because the Xp was worth the stats, but this LTQ has too many levels in it meaning rewards are farther spaced making this LTQ garbage to go beyond lvl 5 for a camper

Thanks for that. Very Interesting. I can see where you're coming from.

Gigi Kent
08-06-2013, 10:56 AM
I guess that's why introduced LTQs; to make campers level up.

c00guy
08-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Read this: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?63045-C00guy-s-Happy-Campers-Guide-for-Low-Level-Campers

Gatorade
08-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Read this: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?63045-C00guy-s-Happy-Campers-Guide-for-Low-Level-Campers

I already linked that on page 1, but if you're so needy you have to have it on page 3 then so be it.

c00guy
08-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Lol my bad, didn't read the whole thing :D

Gatorade
08-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Only joking. Congratulations on your guide. I linked it because I DID find it helpful and thought OP would too