PDA

View Full Version : New armour reward benefit or handicap?

Mystogan
08-03-2013, 03:22 PM
I have just earned the armour 65 attack and 300+ armour!! Thinking nice it will boost my attack on critters except its done the opposite from average mob hit of 270-299 my attack has gone down to an average of 214-238....Gree has officially ruined my gaming experience if this is normal....to handicap a player for getting better items.... Has this happened to anyone else?

JJazz
08-03-2013, 05:56 PM
I thought I replied already, maybe my internet wasn't working.
I got the armor as well and noticed a difference in my crits. They went considerably down. However sometimes The monsters miss me 3-5 times in a row.. doesn't happen often but it has.

Romel
08-04-2013, 02:21 AM
I think it's got something to do with the defence stats of the mobs in heroic quest. Nothing to do with anyone individually. I noticed the drop and tried to hit kraken or ocean giant in shipwreck cove and the damage to these normal mobs did remain the same as previously before getting the new armor. Try it!

Spi
08-04-2013, 04:30 AM
Does anybody else has the problem, that you can't change your avatar to wear this new armour?
When I try, I only get the 'busy circle' sign...and can't save

Spydrax
08-04-2013, 05:48 AM
I'm a warrior class and can't wear this armor. Aggravating that an LTQ reward for completing regular mode wouldn't be for all classes.

Weapons for finishing have been for all classes, so why not this armor?

Berneburg
08-04-2013, 05:54 AM
So who can wear it? I was going for it assuming it was one size fits all.

King Ben
08-04-2013, 06:11 AM
My in game character is a Mage and can wear this.

Romel
08-04-2013, 06:14 AM
Warrior class and wearing it

Kjctnorris
08-04-2013, 06:38 AM
Neither my warrior or rogue can wear it.

Barcele
08-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Neither my warrior or rogue can wear it.

Wow, something is wrong with your game then. I'm a warrior and I have it equipped and I know it works for the other classes as well. It's a fit all armor just like the weapon at end of heroic. Sometimes it happens where you might have it equipped but the picture and armor stats in your profile won't update. Ask one of your guild mate if they see you with the armor equipped.

Carbonstereoxide
08-04-2013, 07:38 AM
I think it applies to all...Just try resetting the game if it doesn't fit..

Kjctnorris
08-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Wow, something is wrong with your game then. I'm a warrior and I have it equipped and I know it works for the other classes as well. It's a fit all armor just like the weapon at end of heroic. Sometimes it happens where you might have it equipped but the picture and armor stats in your profile won't update. Ask one of your guild mate if they see you with the armor equipped.
I should've been more clear - neither my warrior or rogue can get it to appear on the avatar. It is equipped in my profile.

Alexius
08-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Mage can't either. It just doesn't appear I guess.

Spi
08-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Well it is on the list for all classes so this can't be the problem, only when you select it, your avatar picture will continue updating...
Well not worth uninstalling the gamenfor :-)

Zenobia
08-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Like about 25% of the armors my avatar can supposedly wear, I cannot wear this one. It's a shame because it looks like it would look pretty cool. But then again half the armors look almost nothing like the inventory shot on avatars. However, it is listed as my best armor. I'm a rogue.

What I though this thread would be about is this: The chances of Gree making an armor with higher defense than 368 in the next year or two is extremely small. So it will our best armor for the foreseeable future. Therefore, the chances of our heroes getting to equip armor with better attack in the foreseeable future is about zero. Which means no more damage to mobs due to better armor. We could get armor with 330/100 and it would not increase our mob damage at all. THAT to me is the handicap of this armor.

Hersh
08-04-2013, 12:54 PM
It definitely works for warrior; you just might not be able to
Make your avatar "wear" it. But all the cool kids know you gotta wear thug armor to look good anyways :P

liddgege123
08-05-2013, 03:46 AM
I noticed the drop and tried to hit kraken or ocean giant in shipwreck cove and the damage to these normal mobs did remain the same as previously before getting the new armor.

Silent follower
08-05-2013, 05:42 AM
Like about 25% of the armors my avatar can supposedly wear, I cannot wear this one. It's a shame because it looks like it would look pretty cool. But then again half the armors look almost nothing like the inventory shot on avatars. However, it is listed as my best armor. I'm a rogue.

I'm a warrior and still cant get my avatar to use it. It just keeps waiting. I feel I have the same 25% of armors I can't wear.

Silent follower
08-05-2013, 05:46 AM
I noticed the drop and tried to hit kraken or ocean giant in shipwreck cove and the damage to these normal mobs did remain the same as previously before getting the new armor.

I have been banging forward on the Heroic mode, and I feel I get more misses from monsters than before. Some have missed 2/3 tries on me. It doesn't apply to monsters, some I feel have hit me as before. Nor have I noticed any change in damage, still seems to be in same bracket as before. Happy with the new armor. :)

Just hoping that I could complete the Heroic mode to get the new weapon too...

discprodigy
08-05-2013, 06:07 AM
I haven't seen any difference in misses or reduced hit back points.

plavine
08-05-2013, 09:08 PM
I also have not noticed an attack difference with armor.
Maybe 1 additional miss per 10/12 attacks( my previous armor was 126 def.

Johan -
08-05-2013, 11:16 PM
@ GREE,

Any clarification from your side would be very appreciated.

See it as "we bought a product but didn't receive the users manual."

Colony Colonel
08-05-2013, 11:57 PM

What I though this thread would be about is this: The chances of Gree making an armor with higher defense than 368 in the next year or two is extremely small. So it will our best armor for the foreseeable future. Therefore, the chances of our heroes getting to equip armor with better attack in the foreseeable future is about zero. Which means no more damage to mobs due to better armor. We could get armor with 330/100 and it would not increase our mob damage at all. THAT to me is the handicap of this armor.

From my understanding if you have a weapon of 130/120 and armor of 120/130 these will display in your profile and would appear that you have 250/250. If in your equipment you then have a weapon with 120/180 and armor with 180/120 you would believe that these aren't being used as they are not set as your 'best' but the game actually uses your highest stat equipment so when attacking your attack would become 310 (130+180) and when defending your defence would be 210 (180+130).

Not a fact but I thought that is how it worked.

GREE?

Ssne
08-06-2013, 08:53 AM
I too, GREE, would love to understand how this armor works. After working very hard to get a HUGE upgrade to my armor, I have tried it out and seen NO, repeat NO, benefit. No additional "misses", no incremental attack, nothing (old armor was 44/126).

I'd also love to know how 65 weapon + 65 armor + 125 HS = 170 average attack on mobs. Oh BTW: 65 + 44 + 125 HS also equals 170 seemingly (see my comment above).

Cola3
08-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Been playing this game for so long and now only knew that you can use the armors you have on your avatar. :(

Hersh
08-06-2013, 09:20 AM
I too, GREE, would love to understand how this armor works. After working very hard to get a HUGE upgrade to my armor, I have tried it out and seen NO, repeat NO, benefit. No additional "misses", no incremental attack, nothing (old armor was 44/126).

I'd also love to know how 65 weapon + 65 armor + 125 HS = 170 average attack on mobs. Oh BTW: 65 + 44 + 125 HS also equals 170 seemingly (see my comment above).

^this

Ten characters

Tarsus
08-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Another case of the emperor's new clothes... I'm not putting this on if I can't tell I'm wearing it.

ELVIS2K13
08-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Been playing this game for so long and now only knew that you can use the armors you have on your avatar. :(

What do you mean

Ssne
08-06-2013, 04:40 PM
I think he's saying that certain armor only fits certain classes (rogue, mage, warrior).

plavine
08-06-2013, 07:15 PM
My weapon 102 +armor 65 + 125 sp=282
My high damage has been 291, my low 218
Really , 218!!!!!

Orsmo
08-07-2013, 04:53 AM
I submitted a ticket. The response was to delete the game and reinstall. I haven't done it though.

Ssne
08-07-2013, 08:12 AM
I submitted a ticket. The response was to delete the game and reinstall. I haven't done it though.

Just tried this. It does not change anything. Clearly, this armor is nerfed - and folks have spent gems to acquire it. I hope all of you pushing for the weapon at the end know that it may or may not deliver the intended benefit.

Jnsolberg
08-07-2013, 09:47 AM
I've never seen any benefit hitting mobs with better armor. They still hit back the same amount of energy as they did before, and I haven't noticed any increase in misses. You would think that you would notice a big difference with an additional 200+ defensive points.
I have noticed a difference in my damage done with better weapons. The biggest difference was back in February when I won the Cupid's Bow. That increased my damage by @ 60 points. Each better weapon I've earned since only increases a little bit.

It figures that Gree has not replied to our requests for clarification. They treat us like mushrooms. (Keep us in the dark and throw fertilizer on top of us, if you know what I mean)

JJazz
08-07-2013, 04:45 PM
When my character went from a 20attack weapon to the 51 from a ltq, my damage on the mobs more then trippled. So if the spear was 125attack there should be a huge difference for me in attack. However I have the new 358 armor and have seen no difference in misses or anything. DOes it matter if you are wearing it? or can you wear a different armor and still be getting the 358 benefit.

Any thoughts?

Ssne
08-07-2013, 05:09 PM
When my character went from a 20attack weapon to the 51 from a ltq, my damage on the mobs more then trippled. So if the spear was 125attack there should be a huge difference for me in attack. However I have the new 358 armor and have seen no difference in misses or anything. DOes it matter if you are wearing it? or can you wear a different armor and still be getting the 358 benefit.

Any thoughts?

Everyone can wear it. It just doesn't actually work. And silence from Gree-land as usual.

Sirius
08-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Greetings,

As from what I've seen and read this is how things work:

The game will automatically choose the best weapon for your hero based on the need. When attacking a player it uses your weapon and armor with the best attack to your attack stats. when defending it takes the weapon/armor with the best defense.

This works the same for monsters.

Hope that helps.

Berneburg
08-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Greetings,

The game will automatically choose the best weapon for your hero based on the need. When attacking a player it uses your weapon and armor with the best attack to your attack stats. when defending it takes the weapon/armor with the best defense.

Hope that helps.

We're not asking what weapon/armor is used. We are asking what is the in game difference between armor with a 50 armor attribute versus armor with a 368 armor attribute. We do not experience any difference after receiving what appears to be a much more superior piece of armor.

Ssne
08-07-2013, 06:50 PM
We're not asking what weapon/armor is used. We are asking what is the in game difference between armor with a 50 armor attribute versus armor with a 368 armor attribute. We do not experience any difference after receiving what appears to be a much more superior piece of armor.

To add to your fine explanation, I'd also like to know if armor "attack" actually does anything. Current data suggests no.

Tigertiger55
08-08-2013, 01:35 AM
When attacking a Northern Lieutenant (H) I got 6 misses in a row, a record for me. That proves nothing, I know, but worthy of a mention in this thread.

Skyraiders
08-08-2013, 05:15 AM
Greetings,

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the response ......however.....we know the system uses the best armor and weapon by default.....

THE QUESTION IS.....HOW DOES THE MATH WORK??

When attacking a mob....What is the formula for your attack damage? Weapon+armor+HS= damage .

If this is the case why is there such a huge discrepency in the MAX and MIN damage

When defending against a mob......What formula does that use? Armor+weapon= ???? miss or hit??

And then on top of that there seems to be a random multiplier????

Not that i really expect to get an answer .......all I can do is ask the question. Honestly i am happy that you responded and would love to see more active forum mods...However if you do answer a question ...please read the thread first!!

plavine
08-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Cupid's bow also added an additional 100 attack points for you every attack. That is why you went up so much

l3lade2
08-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Greetings,

Hope that helps.

Appreciate the response Sirius but the burning question everyone is actually trying to find the answer to is this;

Ignore attacking other players, this is solely when attacking Monsters. If I am equipped with the new armour of 368 Defense, and someone else is equipped with an inferior armour of say 50 Defense.....what benefit does that give me?

Will it increase the damage I do to monsters?
Will it decrease the damage monsters do to me when they retaliate?
Will it increase the amount of times monster 'miss' when retaliating?

I don't think the question can be asked any more explicitly than this, if you don't know the answer could you not ask one of the devs, should only take 30 seconds?

Ps. I know that some of the things I've put don't happen (I.e. it doesn't decrease the strength of hit backs, but in asking what it 'should' do.

Ssne
08-08-2013, 08:52 AM
My weapon 102 +armor 65 + 125 sp=282
My high damage has been 291, my low 218
Really , 218!!!!!

So I have exactly the same but my weapon is only 65 vs. your 102. Yet, you are hitting for WAY more than the simple math of 102-65 = 37 points. Can anyone explain?

Person
08-08-2013, 08:57 AM
So I have exactly the same but my weapon is only 65 vs. your 102. Yet, you are hitting for WAY more than the simple math of 102-65 = 37 points. Can anyone explain?

hero strength?

Ssne
08-08-2013, 09:04 AM
hero strength?

Our HS is identical at 125 pts each. That's why it's so puzzling.

Mystogan
08-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Previously on my HLP I had weapon 102 + armour 59 + hero strength 187 = 348 total attack and I was averaging 240-299 (never went below 240 nor higher then 300 even though i have damage stats of 348....)

now I have weapon 102 + armour 65 (new armour) + hero strength 187 = 354 total attack and my average attack has fallen to even go as low as 212 attack on a critter....

Please explain the logic too me GreeeeEEeEeEeeee!! that extra 6 points can ruin you in this game... motto of the story stay a LLP and don't increase your weapons or armour and hero strength it will handicap you!

Gweo
08-09-2013, 02:04 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?59836-New-(better)-quest-armor-not-equipped&p=849497&viewfull=1#post849497

Guess its something like 1.5 x weapon + 0.5 x hero strength + some other modifiers

Ssne
08-09-2013, 06:43 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?59836-New-(better)-quest-armor-not-equipped&p=849497&viewfull=1#post849497

Guess its something like 1.5 x weapon + 0.5 x hero strength + some other modifiers

Good data, but it still doesn't answer the basic question, which is - is armor of any benefit? Having just upgraded my armor on attack (44 to 65) and defense (126 to 368) and seeing no benefit whatsoever, I question whether Gree's algorithms are working properly. Someone mentioned earlier that this should be a five-minute chat with the devs (which I completely agree with...ok maybe 30 mins so he/she can do some detailed checking). GREE, please respond.

LoveAndPeace
08-15-2013, 07:19 AM
I remember a very old thread, where they found out
Only attack points increase damage to mobs
Défense points influence only --probability--
of à mob retilitating.
So increasing number of misses.

Mystogan
08-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Yes I can confirm now from my LLP that the armour does absolutely nothing to your attack... just strange that on my HLP that my average attack went down after getting the new armour... not just down.. greatly down... from the normal general attack range... wish it was just flat rate of weapon + armour + HS = a solid attack of them added together. Especially with this new quest being hard would help a lot!

LoveAndPeace
08-18-2013, 01:04 PM
UPDATE after a couple of days wth new armour:
:((((
The number of Misses hasn't increased..
It seems to be another worthless object,
that lured players into spending..