PDA

View Full Version : Influence of hackers on Events

Ferr
08-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Fortunately, one of the good things about having huge safety distances between the top three factions during wdevents is that individual hackers will not have much influence on the leaderboard. This was different in Ireland for which reason i was rather angry but found nothing but deaf Gree ears.

As to the individual leaderboard events I boycot them as that can indeed be severely influenced by individual hackers and there are times that i fear that we are being played there. Much fun has left me because of this.

Global
08-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Fortunately, one of the good things about having huge safety distances between the top three factions during wdevents is that individual hackers will not have much influence on the leaderboard. This was different in Ireland for which reason i was rather angry but found nothing but deaf Gree ears.

As to the individual leaderboard events I boycot them as that can indeed be severely influenced by individual hackers and there are times that i fear that we are being played there. Much fun has left me because of this.

Translation: I know I have hackers in my faction but we still do not win first place.

killahoss
08-03-2013, 10:03 AM
WDs...Hackers may not influence Top3 as much...But hacked accounts can easily put up to million WD points, which can mean the difference between 25, and 26......10 and 11...there's got to be a way to shut ALL hacks out of the game! ..that way the rest of us aren't spending hard earned $$$ to chase ghost.....

PlRATE JUSTlCE
08-03-2013, 10:04 AM
WDs...Hackers may not influence Top3 as much...But hacked accounts can easily put up to million WD points, which can mean the difference between 25, and 26......10 and 11...there's got to be a way to shut ALL hacks out of the game! ..that way the rest of us aren't spending hard earned $$$ to chase ghost.....

Never trust anyone to protect you or your money.

honest Abe
08-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Fer, we are both attorneys, when someone steals something it's a crime. These "trinkets" cost money. Hackers steal them. When you associate knowingly with such people affirmatively shielding them you are a conspirator to such crime. To be clear, I don't think you as an individual did that. Others quite clearly did. That is where role playing ends for me and that is also how I define dark in your role playing terms. Now you are announcing more mergers with additional hacktions and I understand why as the cartel is made up of teams that you probably would rather have associated with but are now unavailable. You are now aware of what others on your team have been doing. My question is what are you going to do about it?

PlRATE JUSTlCE
08-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Fer, we are both attorneys, when someone steals something it's a crime. These "trinkets" cost money. Hackers steal them. When you associate knowingly with such people affirmatively shielding them you are a conspirator to such crime. To be clear, I don't think you as an individual did that. Others quite clearly did. That is where role playing ends for me and that is also how I define dark in your role playing terms. Now you are announcing more mergers with additional hacktions and I understand why as the cartel is made up of teams that you probably would rather have associated with but are now unavailable. You are now aware of what others on your team have been doing. My question is what are you going to do about it?Objection, misstates facts not in evidence.

honest Abe
08-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Okay pj, ill engage as long as you try and revert back to your judiciary days and are rational. Lets look at big d/double d/sir/Alex/125 k def/bth. He has stolen units clearly (btw if you are curious, he no longer has his echo leader which YOU actually spent money on presumably). He is hacking the game. Have we established this fact your honor?

bobsmith
08-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Okay pj, ill engage as long as you try and revert back to your judiciary days and are rational. Lets look at big d/double d/sir/Alex/125 k def/bth. He has stolen units clearly (btw if you are curious, he no longer has his echo leader which YOU actually spent money on presumably). He is hacking the game. Have we established this fact your honor?

Abe would you defend these comments?

https://twitter.com/bobsmith71976

PlRATE JUSTlCE
08-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Okay pj, ill engage as long as you try and revert back to your judiciary days and are rational. Lets look at big d/double d/sir/Alex/125 k def/bth. He has stolen units clearly (btw if you are curious, he no longer has his echo leader which YOU actually spent money on presumably). He is hacking the game. Have we established this fact your honor?Objection, foundation. Lay the foundation before you Connect the dots counselor.

PlRATE JUSTlCE
08-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Abe would you defend these comments?https://twitter.com/bobsmith71976Reprehensible for sure, but I object, relevance.

bobsmith
08-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Reprehensible for sure, but I object, relevance.

Goes to the mental state of the defendant. When one harbors such mentally unstable individuals one must question the leaders mental stability.

PlRATE JUSTlCE
08-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Goes to the mental state of the defendant. When one harbors such mentally unstable individuals one must question the leaders mental stability.In all fairness, I suggest we allow Mr. Ferr to explain.

HGF69
08-03-2013, 10:52 AM
In all fairness, I suggest we allow Mr. Ferr to explain.

In all fairness I think he's had plenty of opportunity and his current posting off topic and with bland film quotes does little to inspire me that his rantings and ravings about cheating in this game should really be directed at himself as the main perp.

honest Abe
08-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Lets take baby steps. Simple yes or no answer. Is this individual a hacker?

fofito30
08-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Fer, we are both attorneys, when someone steals something it's a crime. These "trinkets" cost money. Hackers steal them. When you associate knowingly with such people affirmatively shielding them you are a conspirator to such crime. To be clear, I don't think you as an individual did that. Others quite clearly did. That is where role playing ends for me and that is also how I define dark in your role playing terms. Now you are announcing more mergers with additional hacktions and I understand why as the cartel is made up of teams that you probably would rather have associated with but are now unavailable. You are now aware of what others on your team have been doing. My question is what are you going to do about it?
Am sure many lawyers, judges, paralegals, law students even wanna be lawyers play the game, experts in their own jurisdiction and applicable laws. Way I see it, there should be 2 different set of issues that need and require to be answer before WE THE PLAYERS can move on playing and spending.
(1) Whether FER members infringed the rules set by the provider of the game, should they be found guilty, then they should be punished, stripped down from any and all prizes awarded and gained, DQ and banned. Should any other faction be found of same behavior same ruling and penalties should be applied as well. {so far evidence against several factions, by GREE own admittance, is overwheliming as is the evidence submitted against FER as a faction}.
(2) What has Gree done to protect WE THE PLAYERS? They receive daily tickets of hackers, cheaters and glitches beneficiaries yet we still see them playing. They receive tickets daily from Faction members reporting suspicious attitudes of factions, yet the choose to let them continue play and compete, driving the cost of the game to the benefit off just Gree. I believe Gree, by its passive attitude towards hackers and cheaters, is in violation of several AntiTrust and consumer protection Laws, both USA Federal and State of California, that should be revised.
Finally have never met Fer nor have I ever exchanged words, except a coment I made to a post he had. Don't have anything against FER nor any of its memberships or for that matter against any of my fellow gamers -even those that have raided my buildings ready to collect- but in criminal law -not an expert- as well as civil law there is a principle to live by "guilty by act or omission", as a leader of any faction, that includes its officers, you are responsible for the faction as a whole and to WE THE PLAYERS that said faction is not harboring hackers and cheats. Speaking of which, my faction do a due diligence on everyone and Shoukd a player be found suspicious of any wrong doings we would dismiss said player and notify Gree.

PlRATE JUSTlCE
08-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Lets take baby steps. Simple yes or no answer. Is this individual a hacker?This person has been alleged to have a player that contains (or contained) mysterious, unexplained trinkets. I decline to smear a person without further explanation. Why?Well, there is a frog that we are told had its account "salted" by unsavory players to make the little frog to appear to be violating the ToS. Perhaps this person had her/his inventory "salted", too?

PlRATE JUSTlCE
08-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Am sure many lawyers, judges, paralegals, law students even wanna be lawyers play the game, experts in their own jurisdiction and applicable laws. Way I see it, there should be 2 different set of issues that need and require to be answer before WE THE PLAYERS can move on playing and spending. (1) Whether FER members infringed the rules set by the provider of the game, should they be found guilty, then they should be punished, stripped down from any and all prizes awarded and gained, DQ and banned. Should any other faction be found of same behavior same ruling and penalties should be applied as well. {so far evidence against several factions, by GREE own admittance, is overwheliming as is the evidence submitted against FER as a faction}.(2) What has Gree done to protect WE THE PLAYERS? They receive daily tickets of hackers, cheaters and glitches beneficiaries yet we still see them playing. They receive tickets daily from Faction members reporting suspicious attitudes of factions, yet the choose to let them continue play and compete, driving the cost of the game to the benefit off just Gree. I believe Gree, by its passive attitude towards hackers and cheaters, is in violation of several AntiTrust and consumer protection Laws, both USA Federal and State of California, that should be revised.Finally have never met Fer nor have I ever exchanged words, except a coment I made to a post he had. Don't have anything against FER nor any of its memberships or for that matter against any of my fellow gamers -even those that have raided my buildings ready to collect- but in criminal law -not an expert- as well as civil law there is a principle to live by "guilty by act or omission", as a leader of any faction, that includes its officers, you are responsible for the faction as a whole and to WE THE PLAYERS that said faction is not harboring hackers and cheats. Speaking of which, my faction do a due diligence on everyone and Shoukd a player be found suspicious of any wrong doings we would dismiss said player and notify Gree.A valid argument, counselor, but I suggest you read Gree's ToS that you agreed to upon creating your character. Their terms are very restrictive.

fofito30
08-03-2013, 12:39 PM
A valid argument, counselor, but I suggest you read Gree's ToS that you agreed to upon creating your character. Their terms are very restrictive.
I may agree with your thinking your Honor, but no ToS's can violated nor infringe my consumer rights and any waver of said right is null and void

Sirius
08-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Alright folks,

Do note we take all reports of cheating seriously and they do get investigated. When found to be cheating, they are banned and removed from the game period. This is always the case.

Also note the forum guidelines. I'm locking this thread as its getting out of hand with accusations etc.

/closed