PDA

View Full Version : Is WD or FvF the best measure of how good a faction is and its real ranking?

HGF69
08-02-2013, 04:32 AM
Just wondering which shows a faction in its true light for strength and effectiveness? Okay so both involve finding targets and in the big factions cases spending money but it seems to me WD is more limited and forces players to spend gold on refills. The latter could be said of FvF too but in FvF your team is dependent on how the players in your faction have allocated skill points and their strength can gain points against opponents much stronger than them when raiding.

mickymacirl
08-02-2013, 04:51 AM
FVF certainly takes a lot more work!

heal
08-02-2013, 04:56 AM
Not everyone participates in FVF

jon_funzio
08-02-2013, 04:56 AM
This is a bit of a loaded poll - you've given the answer that you expect in the comments.

Both are dependent on activity and gold; I say gold because to earn good BPs you need high stats, to have high stats you have to have spent gold on units, events and World Domination.

A faction is as strong as its members in many ways:
1. Their absolute strength - i.e. their attack, defence and IPH (to buy boosts)
2. Their activity:
- are they willing to log on every two hours to keep stamina empty during the ToF (Tournament of Factions)? If so then a faction lower in the WD rankings could perform excellently in ToF.
- are they willing to ensure that they hit the maximum number of times for free during each battle in WD?
3. Their intel - Does the faction have a robust system of intelligence during events - sharing "BP buddies" and ensuring that intel is stored during WD events?
4. Their wallets - eventually, this game comes down to the amount that a player, or a team, is willing to spend; the players willing to spend the most gravitate to the Top 3, 10 or 25 to get the best pay-off for the money that they spend.

If you look at the Top 25 in WD then they all have a large proportion of gold spenders, similarly, the Top 250 players in the ToF have all spent quite a lot of time, and gold, to get there - and helped their factions in doing so.

HGF69
08-02-2013, 05:09 AM
Not meant to be loaded Jon mate, I'm just looking to see what the opinions are. I think Gree still sees WD as its Platinum Standard event given the prizes are better but I think there are some aspects of the FvF that make it more interesting like individual prizes. I've always thought thats there's good points to each, and the WDs show more team committment.

PlRATE JUSTlCE
08-02-2013, 05:17 AM
Why is there not a NONE of the above?

HGF69
08-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Why is there not a NONE of the above?

Because thats not one of the options :p

PlRATE JUSTlCE
08-02-2013, 05:20 AM
Because thats not one of the options :p

I thought it was a display glitch. I see lots of them, display glitches. LOL

I am a cow
08-02-2013, 05:23 AM
PJ???? BTW HGFG i think that WD is the way to win it shows how deep your pockets are. FvF just shows how active you are it does not necessarily mean that you are strong

jon_funzio
08-02-2013, 05:32 AM
I think that WD is the way to win it shows how deep your pockets are. FvF just shows how active you are it does not necessarily mean that you are strong

Disagree - you need to be strong to get the best BPs, some people net over 2000 BPs per tap, whilst others net a measly 500; you'd have to be four times more active than the big guns to stand a chance against them with that yield.

Not meant to be loaded Jon mate, I'm just looking to see what the opinions are. I think Gree still sees WD as its Platinum Standard event given the prizes are better but I think there are some aspects of the FvF that make it more interesting like individual prizes. I've always thought thats there's good points to each, and the WDs show more team committment.

WD brings in more money - so makes sense that the prizes are better really. It'd be nice to have a system of:
Weekend 1: Tournament of Factions
Weekend 2: A non-faction event, maybe a LTQ or Beat the Boss.
Weekend 3: World Domination
Weekend 4: Another non-faction event, maybe a LTQ or Beat the Boss.

Bring some balance back to the game.

fofito30
08-02-2013, 05:32 AM
IMO is WD, simply because during FvF there is a lot of boosting for points between players; that is trading favors between friends that give high BP's to gain individual and faction points. During WD there is no such thing, so the points the Faction receives are more "real", yet we do know of the few factions and players that benefit from game loopholes, glitches and hackers.

SGT Rud
08-02-2013, 05:34 AM
Personally I think the FvF is more fun. I wish they could wrap both the two event into one.

With WD, it takes that much more effort, to be on at the same time during a battle, or no points are scored. You are also fighting completely as a team, against unknown targets at first, sometimes outside your stats range.

With FvF, its play at your leisure. You cant really lose fights, you know the outcome of the each engagement already. Your stats are higher than their stats.

FvF has perks that WD does not, such as the great current rank page. I can see what place we are in, the other factions around me, and points of members of opposing factions. This should be added to WD.

WD has its perks, such as factions fighting factions, not individuals.

To compare the two is tricky, as they are different in many aspects, but if I had to place which one proves you to be a better faction than another, I would say WD.

NamelessMaster
08-02-2013, 05:59 AM
FvF is non teamwork, FvF is unfair for real low players cause They only score 50 points while THE epic spenders get 2000 a hit, so WD is ur thing low person can score more easy while THE high Peeps have strongstats but need more attack and in THE Ed its all about THE dollars!

Thief
08-02-2013, 07:27 AM
The biggest issue with FvF is how Unbalanced it is. If your rivals list isn't willilng to give you targets to hit there is nothing you can do. During WD evens i can score 1000+ BP on the targets (obviously im going for WD points but i get the BP as well)

During FvF events i'm LOOKING to score 200 BP average.

So while lvl 250 players do score less during WD events compared to lower lvl players the margin % pales in comparison to the FvF margin % where HLP are able to score 2000+ a hit.

In the end they are different mesurments of a faction...neither which are particularly indictive of how great a faction is or can be.

warrends
08-02-2013, 07:42 AM
FvF sucks. It has from the beginning. The unit prizes are terrible, and to get those measly prizes you have to take in tons of XP, thereby leveling you up. And, as was said before, no teamwork whatsoever. That is the key to a faction: teamwork. I don't even bother with FvF now. I let my factionmates do all of the work, if they want to. So for their work I get a fantastic big whopping boost of about 300 to my A/D stats. Yay.

WD events, on the other hand, REQUIRE the entire faction to work together 24/7 for 72 straight hours. That takes commitment, to the game and to your faction. After every war, without fail, we kick at least 2-3 low performers (not just due to low performance in that specific war, but also usually due to low donations, etc.). After Australia we gutted our faction by kicking 8 members. Our officers had chats all weekend long via our website on how well each member was doing, XXX is over-performing but YYY hasn't even shown up. We're now back to 41 out of 42, having received some fantastic team players (we hope --- Canada will tell).

But WD events are all about teamwork. And they give great units. And, though grueling through those weekends, are fun, and my faction has a great time bantering about how much butt we kicked against that poor player who was level 200 with a defense of 80K, or how we stomped that faction in that battle and scored 4 times what they scored (we spend little to no gold, by the way). FvF? Completely an individual event. Do it or don't, but in my opinion it's a complete waste. It gives you bad units and levels you up immensely all at the same time. Not for me.

WD is the end game for Modern War. Period. Being a top 500, 400, 250, whatever, faction is what everyone strives for. Have you ever seen anyone brag about being in the top 250 in the FvF events? I haven't. And there is a good reason why: Nobody cares.

Pro
08-02-2013, 07:43 AM
FVF is fun as you can hunt your targets.WD is fun as its a team effort. Both have their downsides. They length of the events in both are horrible. Starts for most on a workday,takes up a weekend and ends on a workday. So you have different players doing different things and it causes burnout. At least in FVF you know what kind of points you can average and spending gold is not so big of a crap shoot. Why the WD points cannot be consistent is boggling. It's as if you have to buy more gold just to maintain past scores. I feel that FVF is a better as each player is able to make the best of what they have and are not stuck just hitting walls or scouting hoping someone else pulls them to the top.

" written by a person with little sleep,subject to change upon consumption of alcohol"

whitefire
08-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Agree with some opinions above.

- First and foremost: Both are mainly about how deep your pockets are, with a couple of specific comments per event.
- WD: With WD you're more dependent on your team. Strategy really pays off and -on average and when Greed does what it should do- it's more challenging. After a hard battle and we reach our goal, there is a great team-buzz and feeling of relief and accomplishment.
- FvF: Two very important factors are: level and buddies. If you are lvl250, have an all-gold army a couple of BP-buddies and some cash, you can go reeal far. If you're level 50, don't bother. But it's not a team effort, because there is no interaction.

Gree certainly will pick WD because prizes are way better and that probably has something to do with their bottom line. Although I am not a great big fan of FvF, I do think its a good idea because it gives HLP's an advantage where in WD they clearly don't. It's also interesting to see that although there are obviously many similarities, every FvF I see factions in the Top100 that don't even come close to Top100 in WD events. So there clearly is some specilization going on as well and that is good news.

My only gripe is the fact that it's ANOTHER event. The weekend is almost starting and it won't suprise me if I have a boss event, LTQ, FvF and the beat X opponents event. I know, I don't have to do them all and I won't but still. Just like in everything, moderation works best (except when beating down a high level low def opponent during WD : P ).