PDA

View Full Version : GREE - New Building Idea?

BurnNotice69
08-01-2013, 07:36 AM
GREE-

In a discussion regarding the Composite Factory, whereas this building boosts Unit Defenses, are there any thoughts or ideas surrounding a Unit Attack building? I understand there are already buildings that increase Unit Power, individually (Genetics Lab, Electronics Factory, Airship Hanger, Naval Research Center), but when combined with the Composite Factory, which boosts the defenses of all units collectively, why not have a building which boosts the unit's attack collectively?

I know there have been discussions and concerns in the forums regarding stats, but I would think if a Unit Attack building were made available, it could potentially level everyone's stats where their attack and defense were better aligned and would definitely help the skill points become more accurate, I believe.

In case this has not been thought of or considered, being a military man myself, in order for Soldiers to gain energy, they have to eat, so why not call this building the "Dining Facility" and have it level up in percentage similar to the Composite Factory? You have every other component of what it takes to successfully defend a nation and base (power, communication, weapons, enhancements, etc), but you don't have food. If you took out the "Dining Facility" in the same manner you take out the Composite Factory, stats will also drop to coincide with the realistic effect of attacking a nation/base's food supply.

Thoughts? Comments? Information?

Thief
08-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Hey BrunNotice69. It looks kinda grey in Phoneix today doesnt it? (although i see the sun trying to find its way out) :D

Anyways i use to thinkt the same way. Then i realized that While gree could make a decent amount of gold off players who were willing to buy a new Attack building...the reality is you are constantly finding oppenents that are stronger than you. Getting the players to spend more money to up their stats so they can attack (defense just comes naturally with those stats) and the cycle continues.

So you spend 250-500 gold on a building.
However you probably spend more on a LE set...and then keep doing it over and over again as does everyone else. It doesn't matter that people can break you....but you get frustrated when you can't hit back.

Tito89
08-01-2013, 07:42 AM
thing is it wont level anything. for arguments sake if i buy this attack building chances are someone/all of the people above me in the player rankings is gunna have one aswell.

Philly982
08-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Not to burst your bubble as I think it is beyond a great idea, but an attack building similar to the composite factory for defense has been recommended several times.

I do like the concept of a dining facility though as I am sure my fake troops are starving for some fake food right now. Maybe that is why troops keep disappearing from my inventory. Perhaps they are going out for fake dinner haha.

BurnNotice69
08-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Yea, Phoenix does appear to be a bit gray today. Haven't been outside yet, just observing out the window.

It just seems to be a bit off-balance to not have a collective Unit Attack building when there's a collective Unit Defense building. Although, I do understand the concept of having each individual Boost Building increasing unit's power. It just seems odd to me to not have a similar or comparable building to the Composite Factory, but on the opposite side of defense.

Am I wrong in understanding even the Unit Boost Buildings have a defense factor all their own, which would also off-set the attack/defense and essentially cancel out the effectiveness of the increase in attack?

BurnNotice69
08-01-2013, 07:49 AM
Tito - I was referring to leveling stats, as in 200k att/200k def, but I get what you're saying as well.

Philly - It's a fake war, why not have fake food for fake Soldiers? lol

Philly982
08-01-2013, 07:52 AM
I think what BurnNotice69 is referring to is leveling each players attack scores with their defense scores. It seems most have a defense much higher than their attack, partly due to the composite factories and partly due to the fact that faction upgrades for defense are much cheaper than that of attack.

I also understand what Tito89 and Thief are saying as well. Most likely since attack upgrades in factions are much more expensive than the defensive ones, by the same logic the attack building would be a lot more expensive than the composite factory. Therefore in reality you would probably see more heavy gold spenders with the attack building than the light gold players and hence even furthering the gap.

Philly982
08-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Philly - It's a fake war, why not have fake food for fake Soldiers? lol

I agree! My fake troops have everything else they need for fake war including fake clean water. Why not some fake food too! Seems "realistic" to me. lol

Thief
08-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Yea, Phoenix does appear to be a bit gray today. Haven't been outside yet, just observing out the window.

It just seems to be a bit off-balance to not have a collective Unit Attack building when there's a collective Unit Defense building. Although, I do understand the concept of having each individual Boost Building increasing unit's power. It just seems odd to me to not have a similar or comparable building to the Composite Factory, but on the opposite side of defense.

Am I wrong in understanding even the Unit Boost Buildings have a defense factor all their own, which would also off-set the attack/defense and essentially cancel out the effectiveness of the increase in attack?

Yea im also just observing from a downtown window overlooking the city...with Angels Trumpet Calling my name for a cold beer. (I don't care that its 8:30am)

I agree it is off balance. Its only further fueled by the types of Prizes the award during WD events (collectively they add up to more Defense than offense...and certain tiers have it worse than others). Boos buildings increase both Offense and Defense so with a Composite Factory you are still higher on the Defensive side.

I guess the only reason i bring it up is because i use to think the same thing. If you can get "X1000" amount of players to buy an Attack building that is alot of Gold Right? However if those players are willing to spend gold they will also probably buy 2 LE Sets which cost just as much as a boost building most likely....but then players keep getting more defense so players have to keep buying offense to keep up with the curve. If your stats are more balanced then you worry about it less which causes everyone to worry about it less and hence overall spending goes down. I personally don't even know what my Defense score is but i know what my offensive score is all of the time and i know that my defense score is around 200k higher (give or take)