PDA

View Full Version : Who codes like this and has the gall to not fix it?

Legen...dary
07-31-2013, 10:35 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2pq3wwk.png

CC has been closed for an hour. It has been using 100% CPU for this entire time. It has been holding onto 141MB of memory this whole time. What could it possibly be calculating? IT ISN'T EVEN OPEN!

This is not an Android problem. This is a GREE problem. FIX THIS SO MY BATTERY STOPS DYING EVERY 20 MINUTES! (at least set it to restart the service when we exit CC)

Tommy Two Toes
07-31-2013, 10:40 AM
FIX THIS SO MY BATTERY STOPS DYING EVERY 20 MINUTES!

Your picture shows you are on Bluestacks. Why not just plug your PC into a wall?

Assault and Flattery
07-31-2013, 10:41 AM
Yeah, we don't support Bluestacks.

Legen...dary
07-31-2013, 10:42 AM
takes more work to upload from my phone... screen looks identical..

also "...EVERY 20 MINUTES when my phone is unplugged and I haven't used a task killer that Google insists isn't necessary in newer Android versions if their coding best practices are followed!"

Legen...dary
07-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Yeah, we don't support Bluestacks.

ok, let me just get on my phone really quick, here...

edit: went to take a screenshot and CC force closed. Be back soon.

::reserved for phone pic:: ----posted in follow up, below.

Tommy Two Toes
07-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Hey, I'm on Android too (several devices) and I haven't had your experience. Here are some thoughts that might help you troubleshoot though.

Crime city should continue to run in the background after it's been started, even if you Exit. It is why you receive pop-ups telling you when you've been robbed or buildings are ready to collect. Whether 141 MB is normal or not, probably depends on how long you have had the app installed. I periodically clear cache under settings>>apps>running apps, but my devices run fine even if I don't. 141 MB is actually not much overhead in today's world, but my game is live on a tablet in front of me, and is using 6.0MB.

I also use Bluestacks, and can tell you that BS itself is a beast, and has a memory leak. If you are experiencing same problems on your phone, that might not be the problem though. I only run CC on my Bluestacks install, so having 100% of my virtual CPU tied up by the only app running wouldn't seem unusual to me.

Given there are many Android players, and this is the first time I've heard of such a problem, is it possible you have another app which is taking up even more space?

Also, don't rely on third-party task-killers. Many of them are just adware/malware. You can kill an app within Android: Settings>>Apps>>Running>>Stop. You can also see the amount of memory being used from the Running tab.

Hope it works out,
TTT

Legen...dary
07-31-2013, 11:20 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2lnzss7.jpg

Second try at getting a screenshot.

@Tommy, it ran like this on 3 of my friends devices, too. They have all uninstalled and quit playing.
It isn't just using 100% CPU, it is revving the CPU speed up to max and using 100%. It is the background service that is the problem. If I kill every other process, don't even let my launcher start and then play CC it does the same thing. 4 months ago I uninstalled every other program to see if there was anything else at play. CC still got more and more bogged down. Back to trying to get a screenshot.

Also, I still can't visit more than a couple rival hoods before getting a force close

Assault and Flattery
07-31-2013, 11:25 AM
We don't support Bluestacks on your phone, on your computer, on your T9 calculator, anywhere. Period. If it's not working, we aren't going to do anything about it. Download the game directly to your phone and then we can actually help you.

Dipstik
07-31-2013, 11:29 AM
Should have just copypasta'd the generic ticket response email, A&F. His head might have popped :)

Legen...dary
07-31-2013, 11:29 AM
We don't support Bluestacks on your phone

wat? gotta let me in on that little secret! I'll be back with a screenshot directly from my phone, soon. We'll ignore the whole Bluestacks thing, even though CC runs better on there than it does my phone. Pretend I never posted that first pic. This has nothing to do with bluestacks. Any conversation about this from now on will have nothing to do with anything but my Legen...dary account running on my phone.

Tommy Two Toes
07-31-2013, 11:36 AM
We don't support Bluestacks on your phone, on your computer, on your T9 calculator, anywhere. Period. If it's not working, we aren't going to do anything about it. Download the game directly to your phone and then we can actually help you.

I feel the confusion here lies partly with me.

There is no Bluestacks client for a phone. Bluestacks is an Android emulator, which runs on PC or Mac.

The OP was saying that even though he posted a screenie in his initial post from his Bluestacks install, he has the identical problem with his other accounts on Android phones, tablets etc.

Regards,
TTT

Legen...dary
07-31-2013, 11:46 AM
This is my phone. Only my phone. Ignore the bluestacks accounts... Those are not the Droids you are looking for!

Ok, at this point (5 minutes of playing, attacked one rival and collected 3 1hr buildings) the "quit CC Y/N" pop-up takes about 10 seconds to appear after I try to exit CC.
These pics are of

-CC running and taking 100% CPU (unless System Panel manages to drag a couple cycles away from CC to update the running processes list)

-CC exited and still using 100% CPU.

Note, that my processor never jumps up to 1024Mhz unless it is being very taxed... it rarely jumps above 800Mhz for any other program.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2h7lzkm.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/bi6v7o.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/21dfr5j.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/b99dog.jpg

This (phone)device, not being bluestacks on my computer, crashes CC if it gets above about an 80MB footprint.

Edit: apparently the process had been running for about 16 minutes... this is 5 minutes of active play. If I exit CC and unplug my phone at this point I have <45min of battery life left if I forget to use a task killer that is required to be on my phone only for the purposes of killing CC. I have already sent in aLogCat logs of what is going on. My collection that just came up will take about 5 minutes to scroll around the screen and collect and deposit everything. Being in the shark tank, it will all have been robbed by the time I get it deposited.

@Assault and Flattery. Thank you for actually responding. I've already sent tickets in about this. I followed up with the aLogCat logs and never got any reply. Sorry that I'm coming off as abrasive, it just really stinks to try to collect and have it take so long to scroll around and find every building. I have my buildings layed out according to collection time to try and minimize this problem. I have resorted to force killing and restarting CC every time I have a collection due. I'm sure you can see how this would all get annoying after a while.

Dipstik
07-31-2013, 11:51 AM
This is my phone. Only my phone. Ignore the bluestacks accounts... Those are not the Droids you are looking for!

I lol'd. extras.

Legen...dary
07-31-2013, 12:06 PM
I lol'd. extras. Shoo! None of your shenanigans, here. I have an actual issue that has been around since before syndicates started! :-D (we love you dippy!)

SC4R
07-31-2013, 01:54 PM
I have similar issues with my phone when I run the game for a while. I have to restart my phone ever so often so I can make and receive calls.

NormanRock
07-31-2013, 02:00 PM
"The application Crime City has stopped unexpectedly" is one of the least unexpected messages I get.

Having said that, if it doesn't crash it just grinds to a halt and I have to kill the task myself.

Still... better than an iPhone.

Zyklones
07-31-2013, 02:08 PM
Same here, program uses a lot of memory and CPU (Samsung s3). The game keeps crashing during the brawl events..

Ben Weston
07-31-2013, 02:12 PM
"The application Crime City has stopped unexpectedly" is one of the least unexpected messages I get.

Having said that, if it doesn't crash it just grinds to a halt and I have to kill the task myself.

Still... better than an iPhone.

I don't get any of those issues on my 2.5 year old iPhone that has now been superseded twice, the only reason the game won't run on my current generation iPhone is gree's programming.

Legen...dary
07-31-2013, 02:42 PM
I don't get any of those issues on my 2.5 year old iPhone that has now been superseded twice, the only reason the game won't run on my current generation iPhone is gree's programming.

"This is not an Android problem. It is a GREE problem." It is a problem with the coding of the program... nothing to do with iPhone/Android which is better argument. This is simply a problem with the way it was coded for one of the devices.

@A&F... no more thoughts? I dispensed with the bluestacks "issue".

candyson
07-31-2013, 03:28 PM
I haven't used a task killer that Google insists isn't necessary in newer Android versions if their coding best practices are followed!"
I'm on 4.3, and whenever I close either Crime City or Modern War, they immediately go down to 5MB. When they're open, it'll range from 40-50MB

Antheus
07-31-2013, 03:30 PM
....incompatibility issues here.... machine hates man (you)........no wonder...😼

Legen...dary
07-31-2013, 03:51 PM
Stock Android 2.3.5 here (newest and last update my phone will ever get from HTC), but it was the identical issue on my GF's Samsung Galaxy III... no clue what version it's running.

Legen...dary
07-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Stop bothering A&F and just move on.

"Download the game directly to your phone and then we can actually help you." - A&F
I did what he asked (over a year ago) and then posted the problem again with screenshots from the correct device.
Not trying to bother him. If he didn't want to be "bothered" then he wouldn't have included that last line in what he posted.

SC4R
07-31-2013, 04:41 PM
I get this a few times a day

http://www.funzio.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4043&d=1375313953

report already sent

Antheus
07-31-2013, 05:33 PM
...Your signature tells your story....

Legen...dary Syn#675-463-329 Ranked #682 #451 #483 #293 #425 #388 #250

No cheaters, so we only have 65/105 bonuses.

......so we are all cheaters because our syns have more than just 65 pathetic bonuses.....?...get lost...make yourself a generous gift...delete this thread.....delete the app...unsubscribe from forum..donate all your devices..disconnect from internet....go back to school and come back only after you finish high school.....deal ?

jmeijer
07-31-2013, 05:38 PM
...Your signature tells your story....

Legen...dary Syn#675-463-329 Ranked #682 #451 #483 #293 #425 #388 #250

No cheaters, so we only have 65/105 bonuses.

......so we are all cheaters because our syns have more than just 65 pathetic bonuses.....?...get lost...make yourself a generous gift...delete this thread.....delete the app...unsubscribe from forum..donate all your devices..disconnect from internet....go back to school and come back only after you finish high school.....deal ?+1

The syndicate I'm in, No Wankers, has completed almost every upgrade. No cheaters at all, because I wouldn't have joined them if there were cheaters. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Legen...dary
07-31-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm sorry. Apparently you're feeling quite defensive, today. Did I call you a cheater? Did I call your syndicate cheaters? Did I even imply that I knew who you are or what syndicate you are in? Did I, in some way, give you the (quite mistaken) impression that I was ever talking to, or about, you? There are a huge number of syndicates that have bought their bonuses with hacked money. If you aren't one of them they why does my sig bother you? I'm pretty sure FC has the income to buy all their bonuses legit. I know, for instance, that R D does. Do you see them taking offense?

You seem to think that this is not common place among the Top250 teams. YOU don't know what you're talking about, apparently. This is only the 12th time I've run into this in the past 130 days... think of all the syndicates that I've never had contact with.

vN]xicedragonx #43 #42 #40 #56 #170 #258 #244 in the wars.
http://i44.tinypic.com/fn7535.png

:edited post a little more for your popcorn munching pleasure:

Dipstik
07-31-2013, 05:57 PM
That you Loki?

candyson
07-31-2013, 06:13 PM
I brought my popcorn :-)
Starts a popcorn munching party

Antheus
07-31-2013, 07:33 PM
....signatures as idiot's disguise....no exemptions this time....sorry D......

Legen...dary
07-31-2013, 07:53 PM
I think you said it best in http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?61592-IPH-question&p=871312#post871312

"get out of my thread you eternal troller and useless idiot...and I mean it...never get close to my posts ...aren't you tired to be just a certified moron of this forum? ..please..just disappear !,,,,!,,!"

Can we get back on topic, here? Please? You can debate the whole ($35mil a day, every day, from 60 members for 75 days straight = every bonus) thing in another thread... away from me.

Antheus
07-31-2013, 08:06 PM
....avatar is your latest mental health facility discharge Id picture ...?...

.....and I'm not munching any popcorn .....😹😹😹😹😹😹

TZora
07-31-2013, 08:18 PM

CC has been closed for an hour. It has been using 100% CPU for this entire time. It has been holding onto 141MB of memory this whole time. What could it possibly be calculating? IT ISN'T EVEN OPEN!

This is not an Android problem. This is a GREE problem. FIX THIS SO MY BATTERY STOPS DYING EVERY 20 MINUTES! (at least set it to restart the service when we exit CC)
what? only 141 MB? sweetie, i've been playing ModernWar on BlueStacks and just after visiting about 6 bases, the app takes about 600+ MB and the game crashes :)

Legen...dary
07-31-2013, 08:23 PM
what? only 141 MB? sweetie, i've been playing ModernWar on BlueStacks and just after visiting about 6 bases, the app takes about 600+ MB and the game crashes :)

The memory footprint isn't the issue, but the page faults are... but that's a topic for a different thread (and GREE doesn't support BlueStacks, so we are SOL with that issue). Does MW rev up the CPU and lag the whole device to un-usability, too? CC (ON MY PHONE!) just failed to crash and I failed to kill the process soon enough. I left it sitting on my hood for 30 minutes and it froze my whole phone and I had to pull the battery. I've had to do that on the Samsung Galaxy S III, too, though it is a lot rarer.

TZora
07-31-2013, 09:03 PM
understood and fair enough, bluestacks is a different story altogether .. cc used to give me problems on my older phone (sony xperia neo v) that had 512 MB memory .. i bought a new phone (xperia s) that has 1024 MB memory (1 GB) .. and since then, i've never had any problems. the game is slow and takes time to load hood items but that's all i experience now. no crashes or phone hanging anymore. feel sorry for you though. interesting, u've tried it on different devices and that's enough to understand there's more room for development ... gree, are you listening? i guess they are .. or maybe not ..

Antheus
07-31-2013, 09:03 PM
......***relaxed...munching cannoli ...****

...watching idiot meeting more of an idiot......Eugene Ionesco at its best....

Legen...dary
07-31-2013, 09:06 PM
Congratulations! I've finally found a use for the forum ignore list!

TZora
07-31-2013, 09:33 PM
......***relaxed...munching cannoli ...****

...watching idiot meeting more of an idiot......Eugene Ionesco at its best....
and you are the cherry on top of the cake?

BigMoney
07-31-2013, 09:35 PM
On topic, I'm on a Galaxy S3, and I find I have to frequently close my game, clear RAM, and start it up again, or else it will grind to a halt as others described and eventually crash.

Off topic:

vN]xicedragonx #43 #42 #40 #56 #170 #258 #244 in the wars.
http://i44.tinypic.com/fn7535.png

Is this VNX Bentley saying he's the one who hacked that syndicate their bonuses? He's on my RL, just wondering how often I should be hitting him.

reras
07-31-2013, 09:41 PM
iPad on main account and android with Samsung galaxy s2 on second account... No big issues actually..

Legen...dary
08-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Hey guys! I've got a poll for you.

Fredfreddy
08-01-2013, 11:59 AM

+1 on this, I have an iPhone 4, and even though it's painfully slow, CC is completely rock solid, I'm not sure if it has ever crashed. I'm planning on getting whatever next gen iPhone there is, but I'm petrified that I'll be trading stability for speed (though maybe speed is better)

Legen...dary
08-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Yep, I just started CC 10 minutes before my collections were due... left CC sitting on my hood... went to collect and the game was too laggy to scroll around to get to my collections. Lost another cool $mil in the time it took to kill CC and restart it. Stupid Shark Tank robbing me before I CAN collect. It's better to have my collections off schedule. At least they don't get it all, that way. I'm just going to start counting my IPH as 750,000 instead of 1.5mil until I can get, apparently, a Galaxy sII, instead of a Galaxy sIII that has the same problem I've got. At least it'll save me money!

TZora
08-02-2013, 01:39 AM
oh my.. feel sorry for you but i am so glad i didn't update my phone's operating system! i was about to upgrade to jelly bean yesterday but something told me i should wait. i wonder how many months it is going to take gree to make CC compatible with the latest android version .. wheee any guesses?

CJ54
08-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Original concern is reasonable and will be passed along, but this didn't need the poll.