PDA

View Full Version : Raid Boss events

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Without violating the rules by discussion of other games, does anyone have theories on how the raid boss event will go?

I know from past gaming experience, it could be as simple as a boss event that has tons of health and everyone attacks it with similar game mechanics involved as a Guild Guardian in current guild wars. Health regen could be as in boss events, or as in Guild Wars.

Or it could be an enemy that you have on your map that has massive life that everyone can hit from your guild as long as everyone is at "X" requisite level. In this scenario, energy would be used instead of health.

Thoughts? Constructive preferred or ideas/speculations of mechanics.

E-I
07-31-2013, 10:18 AM
Without violating the rules by discussion of other games, does anyone have theories on how the raid boss event will go?

A massive bug, outrage across the forum, and Gree fixing it hours later after some get a hugely unfair advantage. Is that what you were looking for?

Valid or
07-31-2013, 10:51 AM
I am thinking along the lines of,
It will take x orbs to summon a raid boss(x increasing for each level)
We use a screen similar to the battle list druing war time to attack boss and will have huge health(increasing per level.)
The graphics we will see on our device will look like other boss events when we attack.
Tracking boss health I believe will be similar to how wall health is tracked.
This is only a guess, but I do wounder how close I will be.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-31-2013, 02:49 PM
A massive bug, outrage across the forum, and Gree fixing it hours later after some get a hugely unfair advantage. Is that what you were looking for?

I knew someone was going to go there...

I am thinking along the lines of,
It will take x orbs to summon a raid boss(x increasing for each level)
We use a screen similar to the battle list druing war time to attack boss and will have huge health(increasing per level.)
The graphics we will see on our device will look like other boss events when we attack.
Tracking boss health I believe will be similar to how wall health is tracked.
This is only a guess, but I do wounder how close I will be.

Hadn't thought of that. If they do go down this line, people will have to start stacking up orbs for real....

Think they will have a sort of "leader board" for this event?

[ARH] ELF
07-31-2013, 03:05 PM
I just hope it does not penalize worldwide guilds by having to have max players on at certain times to defeat the boss.

Mr T Perfect
07-31-2013, 03:06 PM
There were screen shots online - but as this violates the TOC of this forum i will not repost any i found.

From memory it is the same as an EB. using health to hit not energy.

100% looking like it would give 4 hits and there was an option for a mega hit using 100%

i woiuld agree that it would level and the number of orbs required to summon them will increase with each level.

Valid or
07-31-2013, 04:06 PM
Leader board, hmm I could see them doing one if they have a placement part of the quest, top 1 guild gets...top 5...ect. But if its set amounts like boss events then prob not.

On a separate leader board topic I am hopping when they put up the winners list from the last event, they do a list of what guilds got the 45 wins. I know there were a few of us who got it, but am interested in how meny.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
08-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Looks like they took out the Raid Boss event that was to happen.

Nacon10
08-02-2013, 02:40 PM
gree propaganda , they could have just gave the ltq a name so theres still a chance we could see a raid boss event

Rasputin
08-02-2013, 02:47 PM
gree propaganda , they could have just gave the ltq a name so theres still a chance we could see a raid boss event

Or it could be that someone over there decided to pull the plug on new bugs/features of the game until the current ones are sorted out and fixed.

My device has aids. 😷

JJazz
08-03-2013, 03:58 PM

are you sure they took it out? in the event it says "Defeat Aramachus" That could be the raid boss...

Johan -
08-03-2013, 11:32 PM
I assume that the new armor is brought in the game to use during these Boss events..

kruppe
08-04-2013, 10:48 AM

Gree did say that the guild boss event was to come come in a new update. I would guess that there are bugs and stability issues, and it will be held back until it is somewhat stable.

Valid or
08-04-2013, 01:58 PM
The war clock has changed too, by about a week shorter.

procsyzarc
08-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Or it could be that someone over there decided to pull the plug on new bugs/features of the game until the current ones are sorted out and fixed.

My device has aids. ��

Honestly has anything we have ever seen from Gree support this?

They usually just push it out anyway and then give the oh well tough **** response when people get screwed due to bugs or just give everyone 50 gems

E-I
08-05-2013, 07:11 AM
I would guess that there are bugs and stability issues, and it will be held back until it is somewhat stable.

When has stability issues and bugs stopped them before? :p