PDA

View Full Version : Idea for TOTALLY New Type of Faction Event

Thunder Child
07-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Posting 'new' ideas seems to be in vogue right now, so I'm going to get mine in.

The idea I want to put forward is for a new type of faction event that will:
(A) satisfy Gree's need to make money
(B) utilize a new 'ranking' system to reward / recognize those teams which participate
(C) introduce a wholly new type of prize

I'm going to call this a "Faction Threshold Event"

Over the usual period of three days or so, factions compete for Battle Points in the way we are used to i.e. through attacking and raiding rivals.

However, rather than having to "attack 200 rivals" etc., the goal for the factions is to collectively score as many points as possible, in the same way that we do now in WD events. The difference here is that 'thresholds' are set, each with its own rewards, perhaps as follows:

Threshold 1 - 5,000,000 to 9,999,999 BP
Threshold 2 - 10,000,000 to 14,999,999 BP
Threshold 3 - Over 15,000,000 BP

Thresholds could be added (or removed), of course.

The beauty of this event is that gold would have to be spent to get your team into the desired threshold (Gree wins), and better yet, a lot of the crazy jostling for 1st, 2nd, 10th place etc. would disappear.

The heavy hitters will of course do their best (and spend) to get into the top threshold, but once there they can stop trying to outdo each other; there is NO first place, only the top group of 'x' number of factions.

Meanwhile, what we currently refer to as the top 10, top 50 teams, and down have for the first time a fighting chance of getting up there too - if they choose to battle around the clock and/or spend more than they usually tend to do.

Now, to kick this off properly and to ensure factions 'go for it' like never before, I additionally propose a wholly new type of prize which is received in addition to the usual unit-type carrot.

Each threshold will have its own time-limited 'invulnerability' bonus that each faction (NOT individual players) receives. This will help to dampen some of the movement in and out of factions, deal with some of the more mercenary players, and encourage greater loyalty and teamwork across the board.

The invulnerability bonus itself secures immunity from ALL attacks and raids for a specified time period, allowing members of the factions with the bonus to overvault, build, attack and raid freely. I believe this could be a real game changer, and something players will be happy to spend vaults on again, at all levels.

For example:
Threshold 1 - 5 days invulnerability
Threshold 2 - 10 days invulnerability
Threshold 3 - 15 days invulnerability

This is just a rough sketch, and being awful with technology I don't even know if it is programable. However, with a few tweeks here and there, I think it could radically improve MW.

And Devs, if somehow you DO adopt this idea, please do the decent thing and reward me handsomely!

TC

Powerbang
07-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Decent overall idea, but invulnerability in this game is bad. Especially when you reward those who are already basically invulnerable... invulnerability.

Evil Mastermind
07-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Nice. I shall add yours to my thread...The LIST. I like the idea, but I prefer my concept of directly purchased immunity. I must also take credit for the new "ideas" trend.

- Evil M. ;)

Thunder Child
07-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Nice. I shall add yours to my thread...The LIST. I like the idea, but I prefer my concept of directly purchased immunity. I must also take credit for the new "ideas" trend.

- Evil M. ;)

It's an annual thing - there was a spate of 'new ideas' around April / May last year, too!

Thunder Child
07-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Decent overall idea, but invulnerability in this game is bad. Especially when you reward those who are already basically invulnerable... invulnerability.

Not being a super heavyweight, I can't speak with absolute certainty, but I imagine even the guys at the very top would have a bit of fun with a spell when other heavyeights were kept from their doors!

Evil Mastermind
07-30-2013, 07:28 PM
It's an annual thing - there was a spate of 'new ideas' around April / May last year, too!

Likely so, but I imagine that those ideas of the past were solely to benefit the players. I feel I have taken it to a new level to help our friend GREE. Muhahahahaha ;)

josh904
07-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Good idea :)

Kudu22
07-30-2013, 08:13 PM
I like it. The balls to the wall fighting each month needs a new course. I am burnt out on the way it is now.

swag
07-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Gree needs to have a leaderboard in place to promote spending, the only way i see this working is if there are still individual rewards for #1, #5 etc

Thunder Child
07-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Gree needs to have a leaderboard in place to promote spending, the only way i see this working is if there are still individual rewards for #1, #5 etc

Why?

With a series of thresholds, factions will still compete like mad to get into the highest one they possibly can.

Gree's leaderboard becomes a notification available to each faction telling which threshold they are in, how many points are needed to reach the next threshold etc

Thunder Child
07-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Posting comment on behalf of General Razor:

I like the idea of a threshold instead of top 10, top 50 etc...the only suggestion I would make is to maybe have the threshold tailored to faction size or maybe combined attack stats of everyone in the group...so a small faction with low level players would have the same "relative" amount of points as a top level faction, which would have a much higher threshold...just a thought. Way to think outside the box ;)

Stooboot
07-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Nope try again we need a new event to replace ltq

swag
07-30-2013, 09:07 PM
Why?

With a series of thresholds, factions will still compete like mad to get into the highest one they possibly can.

Gree's leaderboard becomes a notification available to each faction telling which threshold they are in, how many points are needed to reach the next threshold etc

You said it yourself, the top players will stop spending when they reach the last threshold. Why would gree promote something that actually reduces the spending of top players? Its gree basically saying here, spend 5000$ and you are guaranteed this prize, not here's the prize now duke it out between yourselves for #1. I can guarantee the latter will make gree more money

Thunder Child
07-30-2013, 09:26 PM
You said it yourself, the top players will stop spending when they reach the last threshold. Why would gree promote something that actually reduces the spending of top players? Its gree basically saying here, spend 5000$ and you are guaranteed this prize, not here's the prize now duke it out between yourselves for #1. I can guarantee the latter will make gree more money

Depends.

If Gree did their calculations right, they set the bar for the top threshold fairly high knowing that 'x' number of factions will have to spend money to get into it; but, yes, they might notionally lose money here.

However, the next thresholds will probably be populated by many, many more factions that in the past tended to be medium to light spenders or even free factions who are now willing to spend a bit more for the bonuses on offer.

So instead of the current top 100 factions (just a convenient number for discussion) spending gold, we get threshold 1 with let's say 15 teams probably spending less than they currently do, threshold 2 with 100+ teams probably spending more, and threshold 3 possibly spending a bit of gold for the first time.

Not for me to get into the economics of the thing, but seems to me that there is scope for Gree to make MORE money this way, while at the same time providing more opportunties for many more teams to get meaningful bonuses (even if they are time-limited) and rise to the top of the pile (or near it).

AND, we could remove a lot of the silly squabbling and bickering that happens now. You either make it into your target threshold or you don't. Period.

codys21
07-30-2013, 10:45 PM
I really like this idea. It would be nice up get away from the same (sometimes boring) events and to have a chance to go way over vault to upgrade le buildings would be huge.

Thunder Child
07-31-2013, 05:48 AM
I really like this idea. It would be nice up get away from the same (sometimes boring) events and to have a chance to go way over vault to upgrade le buildings would be huge.

That's one 'aye' - just need another few hundred thousand, I guess!

I am a cow
07-31-2013, 05:55 AM
5aye x 2000 = what you need I have 10k personalities

Philly982
07-31-2013, 06:09 AM
Depends.

If Gree did their calculations right, they set the bar for the top threshold fairly high knowing that 'x' number of factions will have to spend money to get into it; but, yes, they might notionally lose money here.

However, the next thresholds will probably be populated by many, many more factions that in the past tended to be medium to light spenders or even free factions who are now willing to spend a bit more for the bonuses on offer.

So instead of the current top 100 factions (just a convenient number for discussion) spending gold, we get threshold 1 with let's say 15 teams probably spending less than they currently do, threshold 2 with 100+ teams probably spending more, and threshold 3 possibly spending a bit of gold for the first time.

Not for me to get into the economics of the thing, but seems to me that there is scope for Gree to make MORE money this way, while at the same time providing more opportunties for many more teams to get meaningful bonuses (even if they are time-limited) and rise to the top of the pile (or near it).

AND, we could remove a lot of the silly squabbling and bickering that happens now. You either make it into your target threshold or you don't. Period.

I completely agree and really like this idea. In fact, Gree already has calculations on what the top teams can do and achieve with certain gold spending from the FvF tournaments, so it should be easy for them to set a huge but realistic target for the amount of gold they would like spent for the top tier. This type of event seems like a win-win for the players and Gree.

I like the idea of scaling the tiers for individual size of factions, but do not know if that can work. Once many players get the feel for how it works I am certain there would be lots of temporary faction jumping to be able to have a lower battle point target for the higher tier.

Thunder Child
07-31-2013, 06:53 PM
I completely agree and really like this idea. In fact, Gree already has calculations on what the top teams can do and achieve with certain gold spending from the FvF tournaments, so it should be easy for them to set a huge but realistic target for the amount of gold they would like spent for the top tier. This type of event seems like a win-win for the players and Gree.

I like the idea of scaling the tiers for individual size of factions, but do not know if that can work. Once many players get the feel for how it works I am certain there would be lots of temporary faction jumping to be able to have a lower battle point target for the higher tier.

THanks for your input Philly!

jorge54
07-31-2013, 07:44 PM
Personally, I think this idea has potential. I view it similar to the boss events. You are rewarded by how well you do, and not how well the next person does.

Sure some factions will be able to make it to their desired tier without gold, but that is similar to most of the current events. The only difference would be for the top teams, they spend a lot of gold to finish at the top in the current events.

If nothing else, with some tweaking, I think this could end up as a nice change of pace event. Which will allow players to recharge their batteries, so they are willing to spend more money on the next event, and still make gree some money during the event.