PDA

View Full Version : AN ALTERNATE TYPE OF SYNDiCATE BATTLE PLEASE - NO GOLD ADVANTAGE

The Mechanic
07-30-2013, 12:08 PM
While these syndicate battles gree added in March totally changed this game for the better, after these early few months, its obvious that the top 10 places will be won by a limited pool of about the same 15 or 20 synds, and the rest of the crime city universe fights for the crums left over.

How about once a month or so a syndicate battle where no gold can be used, or everyone has a limited amount of gold to use. It would be a real test of who are the best organized and most active syndicates. The way it is now, the top 3 or maybe even the top 10 gold spending syndicates can basically stop battling after day 2 of each event and still guaranty top 10 finish. It's not a test of playing skills but rather its a test of who has the deepest pockets. The average kid doesn't have access to the kind of money it takes to stay in top 100 synds, and same goes for most adults. So how about an event where money is irrelevant and only well run synds can reach top spots and win the top prizes.

Other than the obvious benefit of such event giving every single syndicate in the game a shot at top prizes, it would almost surely eliminate syndicates losing interest because they are 5 million points behind the next tier of prizes.

While there would surely be new problems to complain about with such a format that I'm sure will be listed in any replies to this, at least it would create an even playing field for every single syndicate.

Ultimately, it's better to have a test of who can stay awake longer for 72 hours than who has the most money.

It's message is brought to you by Four Loco, Monster and Red Bull.

brandocommando
07-30-2013, 12:11 PM
really? You're asking a business to turn down revenue and profit...probly not the smartest business move to refuse to take your customers' money.

nazgul
07-30-2013, 12:21 PM
Look, if you want the shiny things, you have to spend real cash. That's the bottom line in just about every mobile app out there, not just GREE's games.

Do I want the +1 building upgrade modifier? Absolutely. Will I spend money to get it? Nah. Take the game for what it is. You can play for free, or you can play using real money.

My goal is to get the most shiny things I can without spending much cash. I've spent about $20 to date. That will never get me into Fight Club or Silent Assassins, lol. I marvel that there are people willing to spend thousands of dollars a month on this game. But the way I see it, those people are paying for the ability for me to play the game. Without them, Crime City would cease.

I understand what you're asking for and why, but I think it's a little unrealistic.

Cheers.

The Mechanic
07-30-2013, 12:22 PM
No, I'm sure Gree can find a weekend once in a blue moon where they have other gold events going on to sneak this in and not lose income.

jmeijer
07-30-2013, 12:25 PM
@OP: Seriously?

The Mechanic
07-30-2013, 12:27 PM
If the hacker thing happened, they would halt the event and restart only after a fix. They would never allow the cash cow to not be milked.

LisaM
07-30-2013, 12:44 PM
If a hacker could hack in gree server disable the gold purchase system during the war would be only way for this to happen. ANY HACKER OUT THERE OR ON THIS FOURM PLEASE DO THIS.

Bala what are you doing?

Jota
07-30-2013, 12:47 PM
If the hacker thing happened, they would halt the event and restart only after a fix. They would never allow the cash cow to not be milked.

Now I'm convinced you are just trolling :rolleyes:

The Mechanic
07-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Me trolling?

DannyD
07-30-2013, 03:33 PM
If you aren't having fun, don't play... Simple. When I was in no-gold syns, I had a good time, because you are battling other syns at your approximate skill level so it's a fair fight, and you are doing it as a team, which is fun. When I wanted to spend gold to get better items, I moved to other syndicates to match the level at which I was spending... It has always been fun. You get what you pay for... This has never been a SKILL based game.

And if it was a game that was based around who could stay up the longest out of a 72 hour period, it should be called Loser City.

BigMoney
07-30-2013, 04:15 PM
If you're in a syndicate that's complaining about how unfair it is that others use gold in the syndicate wars, you know how many players in top teams you'll be able to hit? Zero. Doesn't matter how active or organized you are when you're too weak to hit anyone. There would be minor reshuffling amongst the "tiers" of teams (e.g. there are top 10 teams with quite a few hittable targets, and then there are teams like FC where no one is hittable), but if you think gold use in the syndicate wars changes anything, you're wrong. It just shifts the emphasis on where gold should be spent.

Also, it encourages syndicates to drop their weaker stat players so as not to give other teams easy targets, and I'm not sure you'd want that either.

BigD7
07-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Who cares op, let them spend their money on gold. I'd much rather have my real money cash going towards all my vacations, stocks, house, and car then a couple pixels. Just smile and laugh that there's people willing to spend thousands on such an average game. Its a time killer, not a lifestyle.

(SKK) Joaquim
07-30-2013, 06:54 PM
If all you are going to do is come up with moronic ideas, maybe you should just stop posting and kill yourself. #yourwelcome

While these syndicate battles gree added in March totally changed this game for the better, after these early few months, its obvious that the top 10 places will be won by a limited pool of about the same 15 or 20 synds, and the rest of the crime city universe fights for the crums left over.

How about once a month or so a syndicate battle where no gold can be used, or everyone has a limited amount of gold to use. It would be a real test of who are the best organized and most active syndicates. The way it is now, the top 3 or maybe even the top 10 gold spending syndicates can basically stop battling after day 2 of each event and still guaranty top 10 finish. It's not a test of playing skills but rather its a test of who has the deepest pockets. The average kid doesn't have access to the kind of money it takes to stay in top 100 synds, and same goes for most adults. So how about an event where money is irrelevant and only well run synds can reach top spots and win the top prizes.

Other than the obvious benefit of such event giving every single syndicate in the game a shot at top prizes, it would almost surely eliminate syndicates losing interest because they are 5 million points behind the next tier of prizes.

While there would surely be new problems to complain about with such a format that I'm sure will be listed in any replies to this, at least it would create an even playing field for every single syndicate.

Ultimately, it's better to have a test of who can stay awake longer for 72 hours than who has the most money.

It's message is brought to you by Four Loco, Monster and Red Bull.

TZora
07-30-2013, 07:14 PM
i like the idea of a no-gold event but come on .. u want everything for free? aren't the PvP events enough? if you try a little harder, you can easily make it in the top 2500 players and if your syndicate try a little harder, can easily make in the top 250. and you get about 5 or 6 weapons just by using the ingame Stamina. what more you want gree to do?

imo, the game was really nice until the syndicate thingi was introduced. the game has changed a lot after that. good/bad .. you decide :)

TZora
07-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Tzora what happened to your clan tag!
i have the tag in my ingame name :)

OBAMASMAMA
07-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Whew ok good!

Thought we had lost you for a second!

Tzora is awesome guys she is building our SKK website as we speak and it will be hack proof!

Santa Claus!!!

(SKK) Joaquim
07-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Whew ok good!

Thought we had lost you for a second!

Tzora is awesome guys she is building our SKK website as we speak and it will be hack proof!

Thank god for that.

TZora
07-30-2013, 07:45 PM
dream on ...

(SKK) Joaquim
07-30-2013, 08:07 PM
dream on ...

You ain't got no love for the SKK?

TZora
07-30-2013, 08:23 PM
you/SKK don't matter to me .. so liking/disliking doesn't matter