PDA

View Full Version : Another Idea for GREE - True Defense Building

Evil Mastermind
07-30-2013, 09:05 AM
So I've been raided? Ok, nothing I can do about it now, right? Thanks for letting me know!

I think everyone at some point has gotten a notification saying they have been raided for "x" amount of cash. Admittedly this function is a bit glitchy and would need some fine tuning for this venture to work. Since defense buildings in their current state are basically useless, how about one that actually works and serves a purpose.

How about a defense building that does something to help a player keep his/her beloved cash. I don't want to set a stupid timer for when to collect my Anniversary Center or any other high payout money building. Who does?

Provide the players a fun, new, GOOD option. I call it the Defense Grid Siren. It would have a small protection radius like the guard tower or a little smaller. We wouldn't want to allow for full base coverage (only a couple of buildings). It requires 3 hits to bring it down. But the building(s) it is protecting can not be raided until it is has been taken out. The raiding player can only attack it once every 1.5 minutes. So it would take a full 3 minutes to bring it down before that player can raid the protected money building. When it is hit the first time, the siren sounds (notification sent) that the defense grid has been hit. This gives the potential victim 2 minutes to get in the game and collect his/her cash before losing it to another player! Seems like a bit of fun to me.

Cost: 750 gold each (5 max)
Reactivation Fee: 2 gold

-Evil M. ;)

manlikesam
07-30-2013, 09:51 AM
Evil mastermind you really do have some good ideas lol!

General Soviet
07-30-2013, 10:02 AM
You really do have great ideas for this game, this would definitely be a cool add-on.

Hub_Master_General
07-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Great Idea. I think Gree needs to expand beyond just cash buildings. [It used to be difficult to accumulate cash. I had a friend who had 2 Lvl 4 Nano Factories, that was really impressive, but not now.] How about a new defense building like the one you described (but maybe without the reactivation fee) or even one that self-destructs, causing unit loss to the attacker?
Another idea is a building that can combine units. This would be awesome! (Similar to game Command & Conquer)

D1E Luke
07-30-2013, 10:14 AM
My Absolute Tower got raided and right when I was about to collect it too! Every time I get raided the ones I really want to collect are the only ones attacked. This could help insanely!

Evil Mastermind
07-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Glad to see some positive responses. Thank you all.

- Evil M. ;)

Evil Mastermind
07-30-2013, 11:02 AM
I see this as a means of providing a simple solution for adding a little balance back to the game. Gold players will always be able to beat the weaker players, but this provides a small window of opportunity for survival from the beasts of the game.

And makes some money for GREE too!

JohnnyR
07-30-2013, 11:07 AM
Sure, let's just play Modern Base Builder and never plan or strategize our building collections...

Finally we get new buildings to raid and now you come up with this?!

Evil Mastermind
07-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Sure, let's just play Modern Base Builder and never plan or strategize our building collections...

Finally we get new buildings to raid and now you come up with this?!

My proposal does in no way eliminate the possibility of raiding. It simply provides a potential for more interactive game play.

I'm guessing you are a player with no good buildings of your own, worthy of protection. Let me guess your IPH... 500k?

JohnnyR
07-30-2013, 11:20 AM
My proposal does in no way eliminate the possibility of raiding. It simply provides a potential for more interactive game play.

I'm guessing you are a player with no good buildings of your own, worthy of protection. Let me guess your IPH... 500k?

Do you have a problem with logging on once or twice a day to collect?

Lol, bingo. Actually it would make sense for me to support the idea if my IPH was so low. My reply in no way made mention of elimination of raiding. 5 of these suckers would drain 15 stamina. How many buildings would you come across that were worth draining 15 stamina on-just to get started?

Interactive? By reducing my usable stamina? Nah...

McNasti
07-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Awful idea.

That is all.

Evil Mastermind
07-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Lol, bingo. Actually it would make sense for me to support the idea if my IPH was so low.

Interactive? By reducing my usable stamina?

My guess about your IPH was based on your response which suggested you are relying heavily on attacking and raiding as a means of income.

Yes, interactive. The only real-time interaction between players is the WD event. And that still doesn't allow for any cause/effect other than a win or a loss. This actually allows for an actual real-time action to occur. A true defensive maneuver/tactic to avoid a would-be attacker.

It's not a 100% protection. People can't always drop what they are doing to log in and grab the cash within 3 minutes. And I would hope some people do sleep. Lol

Evil Mastermind
07-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Awful idea.

That is all.

Noted. Lol

Sith Lady
07-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Its a good idea, but its already difficult to find decent targets to raid, so this has to be balanced somehow. I would love to see some improvement in attack, like a attack boost building, a radar to find specific targets 2 levels below and up to 10 levels above mine, live links in our walls and a special building that would enable us able to partially raid buildings before collection time, the amount gained depending on how mature the building is for collection. Than we are talking!

Evil Mastermind
07-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Its a good idea, but its already difficult to find decent targets to raid, so this has to be balanced somehow. I would love to see some improvement in attack, like a attack boost building, a radar to find specific targets 2 levels below and up to 10 levels above mine, live links in our walls and a special building that would enable us able to partially raid buildings before collection time, the amount gained depending on how mature the building is for collection. Than we are talking!

Thank you and I understand your statement. I would simply like to see some defensive mechanic that would in some SLIGHT (keyword) way override the singular functioning "you're stronger cause you bought more gold, you win every time" mechanic. Game needs some type of balance.

Zulfiqaar
07-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Thank you and I understand your statement. I would simply like to see some defensive mechanic that would in some SLIGHT (keyword) way override the singular functioning "you're stronger cause you bought more gold, you win every time" mechanic. Game needs some type of balance.

id love to see nukes used ingame...or even suicide bomber units. it provides a single use boost to stats, and is purchasable with cash.
this maybe would be similar to the power attack option in wd..or even stamina pas that tale 5 stamina for 50% stat boost..or 3 stamina for a 15% boost...and maybe a 10min-1hr cooldown

Magenta
07-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Its like you just took my grievances and shared them, that would be a good concept methinks

ArsenalRiot
07-30-2013, 05:30 PM
While I may be in the minority here, I actually oppose this idea.

A mandatory waiting period between attacks? Very few players will want to sit there, staring at a screen waiting for the waiting period to expire. I at least would probably give up raiding all together if I knew I would have to wait between attacks, just to have a chance at a raid.

Without the waiting period, it might be alright. But the waiting period would be ridiculous.

Evil Mastermind
07-31-2013, 05:54 AM
While I may be in the minority here, I actually oppose this idea.

A mandatory waiting period between attacks? Very few players will want to sit there, staring at a screen waiting for the waiting period to expire. I at least would probably give up raiding all together if I knew I would have to wait between attacks, just to have a chance at a raid.

Without the waiting period, it might be alright. But the waiting period would be ridiculous.

It's ok. Not everyone has to like it.

I am a cow
07-31-2013, 05:59 AM
maybe the it costs in game cash 12 million?

mickymacirl
07-31-2013, 06:38 AM
So I've been raided? Ok, nothing I can do about it now, right? Thanks for letting me know!

I think everyone at some point has gotten a notification saying they have been raided for "x" amount of cash. Admittedly this function is a bit glitchy and would need some fine tuning for this venture to work. Since defense buildings in their current state are basically useless, how about one that actually works and serves a purpose.

How about a defense building that does something to help a player keep his/her beloved cash. I don't want to set a stupid timer for when to collect my Anniversary Center or any other high payout money building. Who does?

Provide the players a fun, new, GOOD option. I call it the Defense Grid Siren. It would have a small protection radius like the guard tower or a little smaller. We wouldn't want to allow for full base coverage (only a couple of buildings). It requires 3 hits to bring it down. But the building(s) it is protecting can not be raided until it is has been taken out. The raiding player can only attack it once every 1.5 minutes. So it would take a full 3 minutes to bring it down before that player can raid the protected money building. When it is hit the first time, the siren sounds (notification sent) that the defense grid has been hit. This gives the potential victim 2 minutes to get in the game and collect his/her cash before losing it to another player! Seems like a bit of fun to me.

-Evil M. ;)

How about you collect ur buildings instead?

supadjp
07-31-2013, 06:51 AM
I think it's fine as is, and its already been offset by raising the max vault to $90 million anyways. I have $4M IPH and it sucks to get raided for $30M at a time every once in a while, but I can get that back by doing some raiding of my own. Also, if the buildings were gold-based, only the "beasts" would benefit. Interesting idea though.

Thunder Child
07-31-2013, 06:52 AM

And the real mastermind reveals himself!

Runningfriend
07-31-2013, 07:04 AM
I think this is would be a good idea if gree could get rid of the dead players, I am coming accross more and more empty bases, which is frustrating when trying to raid!!!

I would say 2 in 5 bases I raid are empty, or drained (completely raided including the unit buildsings and deffence building, so obviously not playing).

Get rid of these first to stop us wasting our time.

Evil Mastermind
07-31-2013, 09:40 AM

I do occasionally. But unlike some, I have a real life.

candyson
07-31-2013, 09:46 AM
I like the idea, but I wouldn't get mad if my buildings got raided due to my real life. It's just $3-5 million in-game cash lost, I can raid for 10x that a day if I wanted.
I personally wouldn't buy this, but I know that others would.
It may force me to spend gold for more stamina, though, because I wouldn't feel like camping in someone else's base for 30 minutes to an hour.

Sith Lady
07-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Evil, here are simple effective ideas to be implemented, that will improve sales and game experience as a whole. Not rocket science, but Gree really miss these basic points...
1- An effective customer service that puts the client satisfaction as main objective. Really, we are talking about pixels here and fake gold. 3 days are more than enough for fixing problems and closing tickets.
2- A little inflation in prizes. Prizes need to be slightly better each time, in line with difficulty and expenditure.
3- Continue work fixing hacks and exploits.
4- Good communication with customers.
5- Deliver what is promised. If an unit should have a bonus, deliver it.

General Steakfries
09-07-2013, 04:33 PM
What about a boost building that acts like a WD wall? Certain percentage of money protected, upgradeable by level (5% per level maybe), until the building is knocked out?

DMick
09-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Great idea, I hope someone at Gree is listening!

-Evil M. ;)

Joshsnewsn
09-07-2013, 09:51 PM
What about a building or a bonus in WD event that gives you -x% xp gain from missions/fights/raids etc? I've always thought that would be pretty enticing.

I am a cow
09-08-2013, 12:04 AM
make it so it can be bought with cash

Ser
09-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Evil m good idea u should apply to work at
Gree lol

Kefa
09-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Someone might have said this, but they offer fences and walls as decorations that have no function. What if they had a certain level of hit points, and only worked if you bought enough of them to completely surround whatever you're trying to protect? In order to get at the building, you must first take out the fence or wall? Different value fences/walls could offer different levels of protection, and could be leveled up like other buildings? Would give purpose to those decorations, and give motivation to building a base that's actually aesthetic rather than just clumps of buildings all piled on top of each other.