PDA

View Full Version : Gold players = Good players?

Tommy Two Toes
07-30-2013, 06:48 AM
Is anyone else sick of hearing that someone is a "good player" because they drop 5 vaults every war?

I am.

Strategy, planning, and execution makes you good at a game. Blindly tapping reload doesn't.

Calling someone who spends $500USD+ per battle "good at the game" is like calling the kid, who's parents bought him a new pair of Air Max 95's, the best baller on the basketball court.

You know who you are.

Max Power
07-30-2013, 06:56 AM
All the strategy, execution and planning will not overcome 5 vaults. Period.

You can be a good player or a lazy player, it doesn't matter, as long as you buy 5 vaults. Therefore, the question can't be answered.

Rollster
07-30-2013, 06:57 AM
i have 43 years.

many on top are adult i think...not kids with the credit card of parents.

jchow69
07-30-2013, 06:57 AM
Is anyone else sick of hearing that someone is a "good player" because they drop 5 vaults every war?

I am.

Strategy, planning, and execution makes you good at a game. Blindly tapping reload doesn't.

Calling someone who spends $500USD+ per battle "good at the game" is like calling the kid, who's parents bought him a new pair of Air Max 95's, the best baller on the basketball court.

You know who you are.

Well, you can be really good at the game and be a free player, but I guess your stats probably won't catch up with those who do drop 5 vaults on this game.

Dipstik
07-30-2013, 07:00 AM
You're operating under the mistaken premise that this game requires "skill." It doesn't. There are no goals. No one wins. There is no ranking system. Whatever your personal goals are, they can be achieved with either time or money. One or the other. Don't complain when other people play the game differently than you.

craftytempter
07-30-2013, 07:06 AM
You're operating under the mistaken premise that this game requires "skill." It doesn't. There are no goals. No one wins. There is no ranking system. Whatever your personal goals are, they can be achieved with either time or money. One or the other. Don't complain when other people play the game differently than you.

Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right... sorry but you are

the_brein
07-30-2013, 07:07 AM
Using gold has made me a lazy player. Why bother grinding out a boss or crate event when you can brute force it.

I know many gold spenders that are extremely methodical and know how to get the most out of each good bar. That can be as challenging as deciding to camp like a Boy Scout.

Dipstik
07-30-2013, 07:11 AM
When you get your gold one app download from tapjoy at a time, you use it efficiently. Best gold I ever spent was for my "no indians" teepee, though.

Lurker
07-30-2013, 11:04 AM
This and other freemium games are designed for encouraging ever increasing $ spend. Nature of the beast.

Gold players have a definite leg up. With the recent changes to the game, that's even more so.

No amount of strategy or planning can make up for gold spend. Period. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I am.

You know who you are.

OBAMASMAMA
07-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Your question is irrelevant. A Level 30 can get in with a good group for a war or 2 and have fantastic stats, then join a crappy syndicate where there's IP bonuses and they can score 50k with ease for free. Is that a good player?

Michael Bolton
07-30-2013, 11:13 AM

Me. I think it's okay to spend money on the game, but it doesn't make you a good player.

Tommy Two Toes
07-30-2013, 11:20 AM
You're operating under the mistaken premise that this game requires "skill." It doesn't.

If that's the case, we can all stop posting tutorials, tips, and guides; and probably disband this forum altogether.

Don't complain when other people play the game differently than you.

You're usually on-point, Dippy, but I think you've missed the mark this time. I honestly don't care if small minorities of people use tons of gold, glitches or even downright cheat to give themselves a leg up. It doesn't affect my game that much, and there is nothing to complain about.

I do, however, get annoyed when people refer to the biggest spenders the best players, though.

Can we agree to call them privileged instead of good?

Dipstik
07-30-2013, 11:49 AM
If that's the case, we can all stop posting tutorials, tips, and guides

Yep. I've never bothered with them. "How to 13 hit a boss" is about all you need to know.

I'm not missing the point, I'm making a new one. You're annoyed that people measure "skill" by RM spent. I'm saying "skill" is not a part of this game. Don't bother arguing about it in the first place, and then you don't need a metric.

Ragmondino
07-30-2013, 11:56 AM
If that's the case, we can all stop posting tutorials, tips, and guides; and probably disband this forum altogether.

You're usually on-point, Dippy, but I think you've missed the mark this time. I honestly don't care if small minorities of people use tons of gold, glitches or even downright cheat to give themselves a leg up. It doesn't affect my game that much, and there is nothing to complain about.

I do, however, get annoyed when people refer to the biggest spenders the best players, though.

Wasnt you complaining about BAN cheater the other day?

Lurker
07-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Tommy Two Toes = Montecore

Tommy Two Toes
07-30-2013, 12:08 PM

Was never complaining about it, just openly discussing it. This is already old news, and I don't care to rehash it if they don't.

To my earlier point, I have never filed a single cheater report with Gree. Frankly, I don't think it's that rampant, and it takes the limited support away from real problems with the game.

Tommy Two Toes = Montecore

I wasn't sure if I was Montecore at first, but your logic convinced me I must be.

Homer Jay
07-30-2013, 12:24 PM
When you get your gold one app download from tapjoy at a time, you use it efficiently. Best gold I ever spent was for my "no indians" teepee, though.

that teepee is vey nice! Thx for the brawl points again!!!!

Lurker
07-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Montecore is going around telling folks he's Tommy Two Toes. Might want to take it up with him.

Was never complaining about it, just openly discussing it. This is already old news, and I don't care to rehash it if they don't.

To my earlier point, I have never filed a single cheater report with Gree. Frankly, I don't think it's that rampant, and it takes the limited support away from real problems with the game.

I wasn't sure if I was Montecore at first, but your logic convinced me I must be.

Ragmondino
07-30-2013, 12:45 PM

I only bought it up cause you said you didn't care about cheaters then spent ages hassling there thread about a cheater..
Seemed a bit of a contradiction

Tommy Two Toes
07-30-2013, 02:33 PM
If he thinks he's me, that's even more proof you're right. I already told you, I read your thread before it got deleted, and I'm sold 100%.

Montecore is going around telling folks he's Tommy Two Toes. Might want to take it up with him.

PS...I'm not sure you know what a lurker is.

Tommy Two Toes
07-30-2013, 02:36 PM
I only bought it up cause you said you didn't care about cheaters then spent ages hassling there thread about a cheater..
Seemed a bit of a contradiction

My problem isn't with cheaters, and it isn't even with BAN specifically. It's with hypocrisy. Not sure what your interest is in this, but it's done.

I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.

Lurker
07-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Like I said, please take it up with Montecore. Why don't you direct your complaints to your impersonator?

nopenopenope
07-30-2013, 05:53 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0041/6874/terrell_owens_popcorn_dallas_feature.jpg (http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0041/6874/terrell_owens_popcorn_dallas_feature.jpg.html)

Dipstik
07-30-2013, 06:04 PM
http://www.sportsmemes.net/pics/5123.jpg

(SKK) Joaquim
07-30-2013, 06:55 PM
My problem isn't with cheaters, and it isn't even with BAN specifically. It's with hypocrisy. Not sure what your interest is in this, but it's done.

I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.

Claws in, kitty cat.

(SKK) Joaquim
07-30-2013, 06:57 PM
No shame in going back to photo work in uncle teds basement. It's a humble way to build your portfolio...

Just ask Jokim

Wasn't Uncle Ted the name of the creepy dude that molested Dudley on Dif'rent Strokes?

He had a camera too. Just sayin'.

TZora
07-30-2013, 07:01 PM

I am.

You know who you are.
good topic!

you are correct, syndicates thingi has turned the game into "the one who has deeper pockets is a good player" and i do hear this often. xyz is a good player because she/he promised to drop 5 vaults in the upcoming war.

but that's what it is. this game is totally about "who can spend more?" so i'm not surprised if people are judging players based on how much gold they have .. its only logical.

if i talk about me, i don't make friends based on "how much money they have" .. so i respect anyone who puts in contributions, stays active, communicates, gives ideas, takes initiatives, makes things better for everyone, etc. i've known many "good people" through this game regardless of how much money they could/have spend/spent on this game. i'm happy to have such good friends and they are "good players" for me :)

Tommy Two Toes
07-31-2013, 08:12 AM
@Timmy two toes, why over past few months I always see you
Crying/complaining/whining etc about almost ALL topics.

Actually, I'm usually the one telling people to quit moaning. Thanks for using your fifteenth post ever to contribute to useful discussion.

I'll assume the other characters in this thread with less than 25 posts who deliberately misspell a name they quoted, are affiliated with you--so I don't needlessly drag this out any further.

Max Power
07-31-2013, 09:05 AM

Not priviledged, they just make different spending decisions than other people. Personally, I would rather have a house and a car than points on a mobile game, but different strokes for different folks.

Shock And Awe
07-31-2013, 11:37 PM
Title says all.

Fatherllama
08-01-2013, 12:00 AM
Dipstik is right in the sense that there's no inherent skill involved with this game -- this isn't League of Legends or Call of Duty, there's no measurement of natural skill. There is, however, the knowledge-based skillset in terms of knowing and understanding game mechanics and being able to apply them to the actions you take in game.

As an example, let's look at the sports world. A great many coaches were never top tier players because they lacked the natural athletic skill required to be great. They make good coaches though because they understand the mental, learned side of the game. You won't be able to find skill in the first sense in this game, but there are plenty of places to exercise the second.

In my experience, gold spend and skill, such as it is, in are completely independent of each other, so you can't make any blanket statements. I do agree with the OP though in the sense that spending money doesn't automatically make you a good player. It can make you a player with good stats, but those are two different things.

Mutant Ninja Turtles
08-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Increasing post count so that I can post in the recruitment thread before the war. Sorry about the off topic.

I am.

You know who you are.