PDA

View Full Version : Can we Blacklist Members?

CRAWFORD
07-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Hey folks, I was just wondering what the moderators, and members thought about having a blacklist for members that intentially join factions to receive prizes but not fulfill faction requirements? Of course they can change their names with 50 gold, but is it possible to create a system where in perhaps a thread, we can take pictures of the members performance. Post in on a thread like this, so that other factions can be aware of players like this. They would have their name and ID number just in case they changed their name. I was hoping that Gree would be interested in a tool like this that could be in form of a thread.
If this is in anyway a violation of the rules, I apologize. I've just seen many members jump factions and get prizes that high paying players have worked hard for. My faction has been good at avoiding members like this, however, I keep on seeing players posting new threads and teams selecting them. I'm not sure if its against the rules to say something, or create a sticky thread that has these members black listed.

Evil Mastermind
07-28-2013, 05:56 PM
A person's account name is considered personal information. It would be a violation of forum guidelines to create what you have proposed. Nice idea; but no you can't.

fighter777
07-28-2013, 06:12 PM
This could be abused if a crew/individual has a vendetta towards someone.

Zulfiqaar
07-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Would it be possible to create an external site for this..theres one for modern war codes, why not for blacklisted players? Or would this be a violation of forum rules?

JohnnyR
07-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Screenshots? A bit of research and background checking might help avoid these types.

CRAWFORD
07-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Well if you can't do it then you can't. Being called a hacker is something much more serious, that would require an investigation to protect the integrity of the game and company. Holding players responsible for posing in a top faction seems completely different in my eyes.

There have been threads before on specific players about watching out for what they may do in you faction due to previous actions or inaction by that player. I've never heard of people getting banned for making these threads. You would think that it would force these players to start changing their actions and start being involved, aka, spending more money on the game.

Anyhow, just a proposal. Maybe Gree or someone else can take this a level up. When people start buying ALL the players slots and realize that many of the good player aren't moving from their faction, I feel its going to be frusterating trying to get real players who aren't just lying about what how they will contribute to your guys factions.

Armand2REP
07-28-2013, 10:56 PM
If you don't want players leaching off your rewards then kick them out before they are given. That is your own fault.

CRAWFORD
07-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Your retarded. That makes no sense. How the heck do you know someone is going to screw you over unless he has been publicly identified or he admits ahead of time that he isn't going to participate in the event?

Thief
07-29-2013, 10:08 AM
That makes no sense. How the heck do you know someone is going to screw you over unless he has been publicly identified or he admits ahead of time that he isn't going to participate in the event?

Edited your first two words as most will find that offensive:

Matthew Schmit
07-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Considering people can have the same name as others it would just be confusing.

jchow69
07-29-2013, 03:51 PM
This is not a good idea. It is up to the faction leader and officers to read perhaps the comments of that person's old faction to determine or the faction's gonna have to figure out themselves.

Armand2REP
07-30-2013, 01:30 AM
Your retarded. That makes no sense. How the heck do you know someone is going to screw you over unless he has been publicly identified or he admits ahead of time that he isn't going to participate in the event?

That is why you make sure they make heavy donations so you know they are serious. It is called vetting, I suggest you learn it if you don't want to be played again. Most smart factions have a heavy donation fee to make sure they aren't going to bolt at the first reward. I guess you never thought of that.

Armand2REP
07-30-2013, 02:08 AM
They just have to implement the option to kick members even during the wars

That too, it is the job of faction leaders/officers to monitor the bottom feeders to make sure they contribute. It sounds like he wasn't doing his job and got played.

marklinalexanderho
07-30-2013, 02:40 AM
i dun tink u can blacklist.

but u can warn others of d pain u've felt.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?60191-WARNING-for-Top-100-Faction-Recruiters-ONLY

feel free to offer any data u have i'll help u add it in

The Phoenix II
07-30-2013, 06:30 AM
Plenty of high IPH players that don't put up points ... So they can donate reasonably well and then when they are locked in at commencement of war, it's all too late ... Maybe the top 25 are going to start asking new, 'unknowns' to buy iTunes cards or something prior to event starting ... Be a sad day but what can you do ... Plenty of free riders out there.