PDA

View Full Version : Do you think The leaders of SUP 2/3/x will commit treason?

Matthew Schmit
07-28-2013, 01:43 PM
When a faction becomes as large and powerful as SUP they need to start making separate factions for everyone in it, but what if the leaders of those factions decide to take over the faction they've been placed in charge of? Just a thought I had post your opinions and views.

Jarconis
07-28-2013, 01:45 PM
It'll be like when that guy started the bank in Eve Online and gave out loans in game and people paid him interest and then one day he bolted and took over a $100,000 in real money with him

Evil Mastermind
07-28-2013, 02:07 PM
There are two likely outcomes as I see it:

1. Lower ranked factions (once stripped of all top players) will be removed from the collective.

2. Rebellion/Revolution

People only allow tyranny as long as they feel some benefit. When the benefit is gone, uprising occurs. Never put yourself in a position to be ruled by another individual.

Magenta
07-28-2013, 02:15 PM
Of course, the mere nature of pirates would suggest thus to be the case. Even in history for example (I know its only a game I don't need to be told otherwise) many 'betrayals' of great magnitude have occurred for either self interest or political motivation etc. Human nature does reflect this, whence faced with an opportunity which may bear a certain level of 'risk' and a great deal of benefit, Human beings by their very nature would engage as such. It is after all Human players playing this game, not robots.

The play 'Macbeth' by the great William Shakespeare is an exceptional example for this case. The juxtaposition of a faction member and the central character of the play is plausible.

"There is no art to find the mind's construction in the face"- King Duncan.

I don't expect any honor in a faction that calls itself 'Super United Pirate', that is only my opinion after all.

Let us explore the other spectrum of honor, that of 'Ferr's emperors'. Throughout history the nature of imperial treason has thus reverberated throughout the centuries. This is relevant as it is a great deal similar to my aforementioned points on Pirate Betrayal. Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard, wives of Henry VIII, were found guilty of treason. In most cases treason was punishable by death (Hanging basically).

I am not too clear on how 'Pirates' bore retribution upon their traitors, but it does make for a good discussion..........

Jarconis
07-28-2013, 02:28 PM
It's the Miami heat phenomenon. It's just easier to kiss butt and join them then do it on your own.

Poopenshire
07-28-2013, 02:30 PM
how about none of the above..... you guys really have no clue. this is not some collection of strangers. many of us have played the game since the beginning and have some sense of loyalty to each out and our faction.

Evil Mastermind
07-28-2013, 03:32 PM
how about none of the above..... you guys really have no clue. this is not some collection of strangers. many of us have played the game since the beginning and have some sense of loyalty to each out and our faction.

Do you really believe that your Pirate founded cartel is a means of lowering costs? If so, then you are the one wearing blinders. It was done to remain number one.

By acquiring these other groups they have a means of removing the dead weight to the lower ranked groups. Sure they make it sound like those players are apart of SUP by allowing them to fly the pirate flag but anyone with unclouded judgemet can see they are not. It's done to appease the masses.

If they simply cut you loose then you may feel some inner desire to seek retribution and join the enemy to dethrone them. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer so to speak. It's all about manipulation and control. "Oh yay, I am a Pirate."

Any of you that are not in SUP1 are kidding yourselves that you hold any value to the PUN collective. They simply hold on to you to keep you from joining the competition.

When you see the light and realize the truth, then you will thank me. However, many will simply continue to stay in the dark.

Speed ump
07-28-2013, 03:35 PM
You're right poop, no clue. I'm surprised that it hasn't gotten out to tell the truth. Of course the trolls won't believe, will figure out the evil in the plot, and expose the true facts ( or at least their latest version of the truth) believe whatever you want, I don't feel the need to tell you what to believe, as some here seem to want.

Speed ump
07-28-2013, 03:44 PM
As previously stated evil, you have no clue. Your reasoning is incorrect, as are your assumptions. The truth is none of your business, and I'm sure would truly disappoint you. It really would not matter what reasoning we wold give to a troll such as yourself. As with other trolls, you're in hiding. I'll tell you what. Give your game name and faction, as we have, and then we can have a real people to people discussion. Until then, I'll assume you don't even actually play the game, just what I chose to believe.

Evil Mastermind
07-28-2013, 03:52 PM
You're right poop, no clue. I'm surprised that it hasn't gotten out to tell the truth. Of course the trolls won't believe, will figure out the evil in the plot, and expose the true facts ( or at least their latest version of the truth) believe whatever you want, I don't feel the need to tell you what to believe, as some here seem to want.

And how many times have you fought outside of SUP1 to show your loyalty tithe entire collective?

Speed ump
07-28-2013, 03:59 PM
Sure eddy, all my posts are actually a 16 year old intern at gree. Thank you for calling gree, Speed ump is currently out at the moment, please leave a message at the beep.Yes evil, I have. It's easy to check and see, why don't you look at the current fvf and see where my five different games are. Just saying. You guys might try having a clue to what ours talking about before you speak. Might just make you look a little less clueless.

Evil Mastermind
07-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Sure eddy, all my posts are actually a 16 year old intern at gree. Thank you for calling gree, Speed ump is currently out at the moment, please leave a message at the beep.Yes evil, I have. It's easy to check and see, why don't you look at the current fvf and see where my five different games are. Just saying. You guys might try having a clue to what ours talking about before you speak. Might just make you look a little less clueless.

No need to get defensive. Just a little friendly discussion. How generous to let some have 1st place prizes in an inferior FVF tourney. I suspect your main account has never missed a 1st place prize in a World Domination event. Is that account planning on being in one of your top50 groups when Canada arrives?

Speed ump
07-28-2013, 04:23 PM
I have a game in a top 50 faction that I did about 2 mil wd points. There's not many players here who do that with their main accounts. I plan to do closer to five with him next one. Care to tell me how many other players did five mil last event? I know. What I do, and how I do it, is tactical information that you'd be foolish to believe I, or any other player or faction would share with you. I'll tell you what, tell us your ign and faction, we confirm, and I'll tell you that games name and faction.

Evil Mastermind
07-28-2013, 04:53 PM
I have a game in a top 50 faction that I did about 2 mil wd points. There's not many players here who do that with their main accounts. I plan to do closer to five with him next one. Care to tell me how many other players did five mil last event? I know. What I do, and how I do it, is tactical information that you'd be foolish to believe I, or any other player or faction would share with you. I'll tell you what, tell us your ign and faction, we confirm, and I'll tell you that games name and faction.

Yes, I clearly understand your point. But obviously you missed mine. Why not take your main game and go score 5 million or 10 million for that top50 faction? Or would that be an issue?

My In-game name is Alex. I am at level 187. I really don't care to know which of your accounts is in a lower faction. My point is your main game will be in SUP1 come WD, every time. Therefore, my faction is also of no consequence to you either.

CRAWFORD
07-28-2013, 05:14 PM
It would be interesting to know how the relationship between those top three factions really is between its teammates. Being in a top 25 we constantly switch players but still have a good group of members that have made their house. In that level of competetion I would not except anything less than proffesionalism, yet I can't imagine how boring that would be.

Speed ump
07-28-2013, 06:36 PM
You would have to understand our system, to know what's going on there. I'm not inclined to share nor explain it to non members, but it's probably the most common sense approach to the game. I would call a five mil account, a main account. Since I have several that are able to perform at that level, how would you define main account.

Empire19
07-29-2013, 01:38 AM
Lets be honest, it's just a game. Does anyone give a sh*t about pirates and emperors, they are probably all geeks with no friends who were bullied at school, and this is their revenge on society. And Gree-dy love them all

Allday
07-29-2013, 08:29 AM
Lets be honest, it's just a game. Does anyone give a sh*t about pirates and emperors, they are probably all geeks with no friends who were bullied at school, and this is their revenge on society. And Gree-dy love them all
Troll, go back into your hole. Why would you start an account just to insult people?

Thief
07-29-2013, 08:44 AM
I'm pretty sure its common knowledge that SUP1,2,X have all been appart of SUP for quite some time (much longer than the name changes)

As more come into the fold then there is a greater chance that this could become a reality but if they stay on the smaller side there is really no risk of this. They have different goals and different objectives for the different tiers they plan on placing. This was a similar goal of VFF (and still operates on a minor level as such)

You have to remember first and foremost respect for your fellow players and factions. Let go of player egos and goals so that everyone can place where they want to be. If you want it to be successful then you have to treat it like a business and not just a game. (Personally i have more fun just treating it like a game)

I don't think SUP1,2,III,X will be impacted by this however there is always the possibility that as more factions join them emotions will run high.

Matthew Schmit
07-29-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm pretty sure its common knowledge that SUP1,2,X have all been appart of SUP for quite some time (much longer than the name changes)

As more come into the fold then there is a greater chance that this could become a reality but if they stay on the smaller side there is really no risk of this. They have different goals and different objectives for the different tiers they plan on placing. This was a similar goal of VFF (and still operates on a minor level as such)

You have to remember first and foremost respect for your fellow players and factions. Let go of player egos and goals so that everyone can place where they want to be. If you want it to be successful then you have to treat it like a business and not just a game. (Personally i have more fun just treating it like a game)

I don't think SUP1,2,III,X will be impacted by this however there is always the possibility that as more factions join them emotions will run high.

Yeah, my theory is eventually so many factions will have joined their ranks that one of the bottom ones will secede and others will follow.

Fl@sh
07-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Yeah, my theory is eventually so many factions will have joined their ranks that one of the bottom ones will secede and others will follow.Why? Every faction has it's own goal.

Matthew Schmit
07-29-2013, 03:13 PM
It's simply a theory, you don't need to agree with me.

Ryans67
07-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Players may leave eventually, but our retention rate is pretty solid. Most people that leave SUP, do so in the form of quitting entirely. You guys can see the rosters during FvF. Find some of the SUP guys and just ask them for an honest assessment of the system. See if they are happy. 4 filled factions at the top of the leaderboard is quite a statement.

As for Speed Ump's dedication to SUP....You will find no player in this game more dedicated to his team. Speed doesn't talk about winning, he does what it takes to win. SUP is filled with folks with similar attitudes.

Matthew Schmit
07-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Players may leave eventually, but our retention rate is pretty solid. Most people that leave SUP, do so in the form of quitting entirely. You guys can see the rosters during FvF. Find some of the SUP guys and just ask them for an honest assessment of the system. See if they are happy. 4 filled factions at the top of the leaderboard is quite a statement.

As for Speed Ump's dedication to SUP....You will find no player in this game more dedicated to his team. Speed doesn't talk about winning, he does what it takes to win. SUP is filled with folks with similar attitudes.

While their attitudes are commendable I ask you to be wary, power is a very strong drug and if they wanted to secede nothing could stop them.

Powerbang
07-30-2013, 07:01 PM
Evil your point is spot on and often something ive noticed myself. For example, even if SUP1 wanted to be the elitest group they spend to be... not a single "5 million main" would hop down to the SUP factions not at the top of the leaderboard? Even in an FVF event?

If it really were for the betterment of EVERY SUP player... 1 player could take a hit on ONE UNIT to provide two massive boost units to 60 of "their players" that would have missed out otherwise.

Unfortunately that type of play is apparently frowned upon and instead of #1,2,3,4 like they could EASILY achieve if they spread their points better... they do 1, 2, 6 and 9 or something of the sort.

I guess its completely necessary for the SUP1 faction to have that 80 million margin of victory over their SUP2 faction.

Ridiculous.

Speed ump
07-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Hey power, are you this stupid all the time? You trolls ought to at least use some semblance of facts, just so people know you're even talking about mw. Many of our top players play in other levels for fvf. A good number of our players have played in other lvls of SUP, in both directions. It's appears you failed simple addition and subtraction. I did not realize that sup2 only did 5 mil to get third place. You stated sup1 did 80 mil more than sup2.

Powerbang
07-30-2013, 08:00 PM
I am referring to your high scoring players that could have easily boosted your factions that fell short of 3rd and 4th. Seems a fairly basic concept that when 1st place has 190 million give or take, 2nd has 120 million, and your 3rd and 4th factions miss out on the next couple spots... yet they only miss by a few million, a true team would spread points so the others vault past your competition. Not that crazy of a concept. It really isn't any of my business, I dont care how you run your faction. Just the observation of a casual observer. I'm not the one spending thousands on a game every month.

CJ D
07-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Out of curiosity...and no, not even remotely along the same lines of thinking here, which faction did war priest go to after the first day or two of the fvf? I assume he threw in his 4-5 million or so in sup1 and then went to boost another. Couldn't find him on the list. If this is privileged info, then ok...

Speed ump
07-30-2013, 10:43 PM
Fvf? And here i thought you meant wd.You didn't look very hard power. In fact you must not have looked at all, at who were playing in what factions.If you new where those respective factions were last event, the numbers were fantastic. And yes, my main account was in one of those other factions, the one that won the first fvf over archlord. Since its obvious you don't understand the what or why of what we are doing, and say it dosnt concern you, why comment on that? Why didn't ferr do better, or why didnt ferr help any of his other allied factions do better. I know, but dosnt matter, and don't care. I'm not concerned about others performances, just ours. Keep in mind fvf is not even something that we even made a real effort to win. It's voluntary, we don't ask anyone to participate, and havnt set any grand plans to do well. We are just a bunch of competitive people. The numbers would be way higher if we were really trying.

Powerbang
07-30-2013, 11:03 PM
That's obvious and you guys have proven that. Your group is willing to spend the most on this game. Couple that with the fact you grow exponentially tougher to beat due to receiving the boost units only those who finish on top get. You've got a real stranglehold on this game. Way to go. Good luck in Canada... Not that luck even matters anymore.

Zach3432
07-30-2013, 11:45 PM
Why does anyone care? I find the theories interesting, but this is a game, not real life politics. Machiavelli has no say in the matter. I like a faction like mine that doesn't talk a lot and makes top 25, even with our crappy bonuses 😃

Dutchie
07-31-2013, 02:47 AM
That's obvious and you guys have proven that. Your group is willing to spend the most on this game. Couple that with the fact you grow exponentially tougher to beat due to receiving the boost units only those who finish on top get. You've got a real stranglehold on this game. Way to go. Good luck in Canada... Not that luck even matters anymore.

What is wrong with that? If it wasn't Speed Ump and all the other members in the SUP collective, it would be another faction or factions. It is how the game is structured... if you think it is unfair, stop playing. The members are prepared to put the time, effort and money into the game and as collective they play harder and spend more money than anyone else. It is their money and they can spend it how they like.

In a different game that is reasonably priced and doesn't require the same amount of spending, I am in the #1 alliance and we get the same crap in GC. We also have feeder alliances and people move in and out. Why do people find this concept so difficult to grasp?

In this game, I am in a faction that finishes around top 100 and I score enough points for free to be able to maintain my position. I could move to a higher faction, but I don't want to move to a higher faction for many reasons, mainly because of friendship but also because of money as I don't spend anymore on this game. My reason is that costs are driven up by the increasing number of violators in this game and I also think it is a complete rip off.

Really, all the detractors on these forums come across as envious. Pure sour gr@pes!

Fl@sh
07-31-2013, 02:58 AM
Evil your point is spot on and often something ive noticed myself. For example, even if SUP1 wanted to be the elitest group they spend to be... not a single "5 million main" would hop down to the SUP factions not at the top of the leaderboard? Even in an FVF event?

If it really were for the betterment of EVERY SUP player... 1 player could take a hit on ONE UNIT to provide two massive boost units to 60 of "their players" that would have missed out otherwise.

Unfortunately that type of play is apparently frowned upon and instead of #1,2,3,4 like they could EASILY achieve if they spread their points better... they do 1, 2, 6 and 9 or something of the sort.

I guess its completely necessary for the SUP1 faction to have that 80 million margin of victory over their SUP2 faction.

Ridiculous.Did you ever think that everyone is okay with their respective positions? It seems as though everyone forgets that. All of our players know their place within the game.

Powerbang
07-31-2013, 07:35 AM
Its funny how defensive everyone gets over a simple point that collectively, you could do better. Whether or not you want to is your choice. And it affects me zero because I will never compete in your bracket. Dutchie, I'm far from envious... I have no desire to spend that kind of cash on a game where you repeatedly tap your screen for hours. I respect those who do... everyone gets their entertainment in their own way, and those that choose to spend serious cash - that is their right to do so.

Rough Neck
07-31-2013, 08:11 AM
Its funny how defensive everyone gets over a simple point that collectively, you could do better. Whether or not you want to is your choice. And it affects me zero because I will never compete in your bracket. Dutchie, I'm far from envious... I have no desire to spend that kind of cash on a game where you repeatedly tap your screen for hours. I respect those who do... everyone gets their entertainment in their own way, and those that choose to spend serious cash - that is their right to do so.

Hey, show some respect for the biggest faction donator to Gree.....and they willingly to throw away real usd for us to play this game for free !!!

Speed ump
07-31-2013, 09:12 AM
Hey rough, why is it that I only hear blah blah blah, when you speak? Things that make you go hmmmmmm.