PDA

View Full Version : PVP points. Being Strong for you level sucks

Mr T Perfect
07-28-2013, 04:53 AM
What is the point of working really hard to make yourself the best player you can be for your level when they dont take it into account with PVP.

I have gone long in the last 2 PVP's gaining level 8 as a minimum.

over 4000 wins from 3 months of playing.

But i am averaging around 50-75 points a victory.

I see players at high levels getting 600+ points a victory.

Whats the point...

am i doing something wrong?

dart
07-28-2013, 04:59 AM
Yes, the points are determined by your opponents' defensive stats. Roughly, you get points equal to your opponents defense divided by 1,000, and then give or take 25% or so for randomness. If you are at a low level and want to maximize points, hit a different opponent each time, log the points they give you, and focus on the opponents in the top 10% of points.

For example, a strong player at level 50 should easily be near 150k attack. He can win attacks against opponents at 150k-175k and occassionally find points in the 150-200 range. Few and far between compared to being at a level with higher stat opponents, but it exists.

A "strong" player at level 150 should easily be over 400k attack, and should easily be able to find points in the 400-500 range, and rob higher.

The PVP events are tough for "strong" low-level players, because by definition most of your similar-level opponents are weaker than you, and since you are low level your attack is also likely under 500-600k, so you will struggle to find multiple sources of high points until you make it near the level 200s.

Idiokus
07-28-2013, 05:20 AM
Yep...I'm having a hard time with these faction pvp events!! Totally agree what's the point of working hard on stats?? I'm one of strongest in rival list and the max points I get 250 per hit!! This is only when I come across semi strong peeps very hard for a low level to help out team scoring like this! Shocking to see others make over 1,000 points per hit! Where is the balance in this??? High level peeps get penalized during war making crappy points and now since pvp faction events the low level peeps getting penalized for being strong! I'm confused...hoping for better balance in future events!

Mr T Perfect
07-28-2013, 05:27 AM
Idiokus

Here's hoping for a more level playing field in the future.

I have PVP'd my socks off this event but my colleageues in Italian Mafia 4 Life have 20 players with more points than me.

I can see darts rational behind how points are scored. But how are lower levels to improve using PVP's if they cant get the points to make top 1000 or top 250?

I coiuld do 10,000 battles and not score the same as a level 150 what completes 1000.

how is that fair?

dart
07-28-2013, 05:32 AM
I view this skew in points as Gree's answer to skew in influence points during syndicate battles. During syndicate battles being high level really sucks and is much more expensive than being low level, so it seems to be the opposite during PVP.

So while I'd rather this event favor low level, strong players (like virtually every other event in the game), I can't complain that they threw a bone to those that have to spend 20-30% more real money in syndicate battles to match the influence points of a lower level player that can average 425/hit when high level players struggle to break 350/hit.

For complete disclosure, I am at level 164 (700k attack) and still consider myself a "strong, low-level player". During the last PVP event, I averaged about 249 points per hit across 5,720 attacks (and easily made Top 1,000). Due to the insane boredom and time consumption of the last event, I am not participating in the 14/14 fight event, only the Syndicate Showdown, and focusing on robbing as much as attacking to maximize hits on high point targets.

Mr T Perfect
07-28-2013, 05:40 AM
i might have to do the same - take the PVP to level 5 or 6 (easily done with 50 stamina on refill) and then raid for points.

Mr T Perfect
07-28-2013, 05:42 AM
And to make myself laugh out loud... the very next player i take on PVP is giving me 268 points!!!

hows that for luck.... lol

whine like a ****** (put my own stars in there) and i get a decent opponent..

BigMoney
07-28-2013, 05:45 AM
Yes, the points are determined by your opponents' defensive stats. Roughly, you get points equal to your opponents defense divided by 1,000, and then give or take 25% or so for randomness. If you are at a low level and want to maximize points, hit a different opponent each time, log the points they give you, and focus on the opponents in the top 10% of points.

For example, a strong player at level 50 should easily be near 200k attack. He can win attacks against opponents at 150k-175k and occassionally find points in the 175-225 range. Few and far between compared to being at level 200, but it exists.

A "strong" player at level 150 should easily be over 400-500k attack, and should easily be able to find points in the 300-400 range, and rob higher.

The PVP events are tough for "strong" low-level players, because by definition most of your similar-level opponents are weaker than you, and since you are low level your attack is also likely under 500-750k, so you will struggle to find multiple sources of high points until you make it near the level 200s.

I believe individual rank, and to a lesser extent syndicate rank, are important factors in the point payout. In the first PVP, my friend in FC with >1mil stats (almost triple my defense) was able to hit me for 350+ points when I was ranked in the Top 50 individually (syndicate was top 10). He got slightly less points attacking the player closest to him in stats on his level (a player strong enough to rob him, but not attack).

Even just now, I hit a player 40% weaker than me for 301 points. I've hit players stronger than him for ~150 points (est. 185 or so). I was trying to find someone close to my stats to attack, but just now I found a player 82% weaker than me (almost half my stats) that pays out 309 points.

You most certainly get some sort of reward for attacking/robbing players stronger than you, and perhaps stronger players are more likely to care about their stats and thus more likely to be competing in the PvP, but I don't believe stats are the only factor in calculating points. It's hard to tell how all the factors (opponent's stats, syn rank, and individual rank) affect each other though. I robbed a member of FC for 802 points (about 30% stronger than me), although the player was ranked Top 2500 individually. I hit a player in SAS ranked in the Top 100 individually (about 16% stronger than me) for 902 points. I hit a player in Solemn Carnage (syn rank 4th) ranked in the Top 250 individually much weaker than me for ~400 points (can't remember how much weaker than me, but I didn't drop a fight). I hit a member of FwD (syn rank 34, individual rank top 500) for 466 points (29% weaker than me). I hit a player in SOA (syn rank 11, indiv. rank Top 2500) 85% weaker than me for 176 points.

That was all just now, by the way. If I could find a player to hit that's both stronger than me but in a weaker syndicate and worse individual rank, I'd be set. Well, that and if FC had someone weaker than me I could hit (they don't) so I can see just how much syndicate rank is a factor.

For these reasons, I think the biggest contributing factors are, in this order:
-opponent's stats, if they are greater than yours
-individual rank
-opponent's stats, if they are weaker than yours
-syn rank, if a factor at all

Ben Weston
07-28-2013, 05:55 AM
different events suit different player types, get over it. high power LLP love boss events and wars as they get far into it for free and score great points during war, LTB events suit long standing players with higher iph and pvp events suit players with decent stats and higher level.

you can't have everything, personally I have reasonable stats(450k/475k) but at level 250 the boss events are level 20 max for me, wars mean I can take down most DL's at my syndicates level and I have almost free choice of who to hit to maximise points but I know i'm never going score the points of the LLP's due to level difference. i'm not doing too bad in the pvp event, currently ~500 with no intention of chasing top 250 as it'll cost too much gold but really want to keep top 1000, gotta keep perspective at times.

BigMoney
07-28-2013, 05:58 AM
different events suit different player types, get over it. high power LLP love boss events and wars as they get far into it for free and score great points during war, LTB events suit long standing players with higher iph and pvp events suit players with decent stats and higher level.

you can't have everything, personally I have reasonable stats(450k/475k) but at level 250 the boss events are level 20 max for me, wars mean I can take down most DL's at my syndicates level and I have almost free choice of who to hit to maximise points but I know i'm never going score the points of the LLP's due to level difference. i'm not doing too bad in the pvp event, currently ~500 with no intention of chasing top 250 as it'll cost too much gold but really want to keep top 1000, gotta keep perspective at times.

Just curious, have you been spending gold to get to ~500? How far are you in the fight goals?

Just curious, because that's around where I am, and I'm quite a bit lower level than you. Only on 11/14 for the fight goals.

Jax Teller
07-28-2013, 06:01 AM
I think you need to be level 150+ to have a chance scoring high. But you can look in the speed dating thread, and maybe find somebody that match you

Ben Weston
07-28-2013, 06:05 AM
Just curious, have you been spending gold to get to ~500? How far are you in the fight goals?

Just curious, because that's around where I am, and I'm quite a bit lower level than you. Only on 11/14 for the fight goals.

about 500 gold spent on stamina refills, but I only have 38 stamina, i'm more setup for LTQ's with ~4500 energy but sadly I wasted some skill points on att/def points

Ben Weston
07-28-2013, 06:09 AM
forgot to say, on level 9/14. the rivals list has been much much better this time but sadly still not perfect so I have to keep robbing to make my points.

chicksdiggit
07-28-2013, 07:56 AM
For these reasons, I think the biggest contributing factors are, in this order:
-opponent's stats, if they are greater than yours
-individual rank
-opponent's stats, if they are weaker than yours
-syn rank, if a factor at all

Thanks for the research BigMoney. I, too, had a hunch that pvp performance was involved but didn't have a way to prove it like you have. I'm level 127 and have been struggling to average 250 per hit where some of the 200+ level players in my syn are destroying me in points.

Some research, taken over current and past brawl events:
1) Hit an opponent 27k lower than me: 170 points
2) 37k lower than me: 297 points
3) 9k lower than me: 365 points
4) 13k higher than me: 150 points

There's a correlation between higher stats and more points, but its not direct.

Laelia
07-28-2013, 03:51 PM
yup.....the most I get in pvp is 200 points against the players at my level....don't do much in the pvp competition, NO POINT

CC Gangsta
07-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Free bump for you Mr T

wrestler84
07-28-2013, 10:24 PM
I got 2 points from hitting someone.

Rollster
07-28-2013, 11:16 PM
600 points is correct but to low.

i'm 211 and i dont get always 600 ... that why i have stop this type of event pvp, to much time for less points and much xp... last i do top 85... this time i just put top 1000.. and some pvp for goal 500 no more..

u can't fight when u see other take 1k or more lol.. just look the leader board..

Enforcer
07-28-2013, 11:26 PM
Where is the balance in this??? High level peeps get penalized during war making crappy points and now since pvp faction events the low level peeps getting penalized for being strong!

Seems balanced.