PDA

View Full Version : How does the Battle Brawl Tourny points work?

Curtis Snow
07-26-2013, 09:17 PM
I know its mostly based off opponent stats compared to yours, but i can attack a guy with lets say 80k/80k and only get 90 points and i attack another guy with the same stats and get 250 points. How does it determine the points exactly? Does anyone know?

t12pm
07-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Think syndicate rank is factored into it also

hawkeye_9
07-27-2013, 05:37 AM
I know its mostly based off opponent stats compared to yours, but i can attack a guy with lets say 80k/80k and only get 90 points and i attack another guy with the same stats and get 250 points. How does it determine the points exactly? Does anyone know?

I wish I knew. Lots of trial and error. When I find someone who gives good points, I ask them to attack me in return, hopefully some will so I can farm their points. Good points are proving hard to find.

Rastas
07-27-2013, 05:47 AM

Its based from your opponents syndicate plus their stats. Going by your signature you are in a top 750 so look for opponents who are in a top 500 or 250 with stats slightly lower than yours then unload on them.

Really though its just trial and error. If you find an opponent that pays well remember their name.

BigMoney
07-27-2013, 06:01 AM
I believe individual PvP rank is a more important factor than syndicate rank, but I can't tell by how much. I hit a member of FC (oops) for less points than a player from SAS who had lower stats (but a higher individual rank).

In the first PvP, one of my friends in FC did a little experiment hitting various players. He has monster stats, so his stats trumped everyone else's-- but he hit me (syndicate rank was 9th, my individual rank at the time was top 50) someone whose stats were closest to his at his level (member of FwD-- can't remember if FwD was above or below DFA at the time), and a player in a higher ranked syndicate than mine but whose stats were very close to mine (don't know the guy's individual rank, but it's probably safe to assume it was below mine). He got the most points for hitting me, followed closely behind by hitting the player whose stats were closest to his, and last was the player in the higher ranked syndicate whose stats were close to mine (significantly lower than the FC member's).

He was (much) stronger than each of the players he hit, but you do seem to be rewarded for hitting players who have stats above yours. Thus in my experience, it seems the biggest contributors to the amount of brawl points awarded are:
-opponent's stats, if they are approximately equal or above yours
-opponent's individual rank
-opponent's stats, if they are only a little below yours

Just my opinion, though.

hawkeye_9
07-27-2013, 07:32 AM
I believe individual PvP rank is a more important factor than syndicate rank, but I can't tell by how much. I hit a member of FC (oops) for less points than a player from SAS who had lower stats (but a higher individual rank).

In the first PvP, one of my friends in FC did a little experiment hitting various players. He has monster stats, so his stats trumped everyone else's-- but he hit me (syndicate rank was 9th, my individual rank at the time was top 50) someone whose stats were closest to his at his level (member of FwD-- can't remember if FwD was above or below DFA at the time), and a player in a higher ranked syndicate than mine but whose stats were very close to mine (don't know the guy's individual rank, but it's probably safe to assume it was below mine). He got the most points for hitting me, followed closely behind by hitting the player whose stats were closest to his, and last was the player in the higher ranked syndicate whose stats were close to mine (significantly lower than the FC member's).

He was (much) stronger than each of the players he hit, but you do seem to be rewarded for hitting players who have stats above yours. Thus in my experience, it seems the biggest contributors to the amount of brawl points awarded are:
-opponent's stats, if they are approximately equal or above yours
-opponent's individual rank
-opponent's stats, if they are only a little below yours

Just my opinion, though.

BigMoney, Thanks for sharing your hypothesis here. For those who aren't among the elite-player status, how on earth would we know the syndicate a person is in? I suppose if we knew what syndicate the person is in, we can look on the list of official results from the last war and deduce the ranking...

Rastas
07-27-2013, 07:41 AM
For those who aren't among the elite-player status, how on earth would we know the syndicate a person is in?

Most of the time you wont know that's the point, its all trial and error. You hit a target and move on to the next if the points are too low. If they payout big then remember their name.

hawkeye_9
07-27-2013, 07:46 AM
Most of the time you wont know that's the point, its all trial and error. You hit a target and move on to the next if the points are too low. If they payout big then remember their name.

This has been my MO thus far. Just recently, I've been asking people to attack me back if they give me a decent score. If they attack me back, then I will have them in my newsfeed and can easily attack again. Hopefully, some will take me up on that offer.

BigMoney
07-27-2013, 08:09 AM
BigMoney, Thanks for sharing your hypothesis here. For those who aren't among the elite-player status, how on earth would we know the syndicate a person is in? I suppose if we knew what syndicate the person is in, we can look on the list of official results from the last war and deduce the ranking...

Sorry mate, no idea. I just scroll through the names of the top few syndicates so I remember to click "rob" before "attack" on my Rival List when I'm hitting everyone off it looking for a good target. It's the ones with the generic first names that get me.

merlin490
07-27-2013, 01:31 PM
I'd guess that its random