PDA

View Full Version : Modern War - Immunity

Evil Mastermind
07-26-2013, 10:39 AM
GREE. Here is another little GOLD party favor.

Immunity for players willing to purchase it. 125 gold buys you 3 days of immunity. Basically, the player disappears from the rival's list for 72 hours from the time of purchase. A little counter appears and ticks down your remaining time of invisibility.

Players could then save for that pesky upgrade or that limited time building with no fear of onslaught.

You're welcome!

-Evil M. ;D

Thief
07-26-2013, 10:48 AM
*Unless you Attack another player then it breaks your immunity.

Although honestly i don't like the idea. This game is called modern war.

Agent Orange
07-26-2013, 10:53 AM
It's in War of Nations, it works with limited success. Considering how messed up the play mechanic is I'd be happy not to import any 'features' from that game here.

Evil Mastermind
07-26-2013, 10:55 AM
*Unless you Attack another player then it breaks your immunity.

Although honestly i don't like the idea. This game is called modern war.

It is perfectly ok that you don't like it. Others I think would appreciate this function. It is called Modern War. But think of these 3 little days as "Peace Time". One might even be able to walk away and enjoy a weekend away from the game or take a vacation without coming back to a blacked out base.

This functionality would not allow a player to have immunity during a WD event.

manlikesam
07-26-2013, 10:58 AM
I think this could be a good idea but if we can save our money like that I could see le buildings and more rise in cost

Evil Mastermind
07-26-2013, 11:01 AM
I think this could be a good idea but if we can save our money like that I could see le buildings and more rise in cost

Could be a logical outcome or side-effect.

Evil Mastermind
07-26-2013, 11:02 AM
It's in War of Nations, it works with limited success. Considering how messed up the play mechanic is I'd be happy not to import any 'features' from that game here.

What's one more bugged feature in MW going to hurt?

jchow69
08-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Which means that you can activated it in the fvf tourney and not take any losses??!!

Evil Mastermind
08-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Which means that you can activated it in the fvf tourney and not take any losses??!!

Yes, It would allow you to essentially pay to opt out of the competition. But during this time since you are not on the rivals list, your rivals list would be inactive. You can't attack/raid others and have immunity.

You would also not be able to have immunity and participate in WD events at same time.

If for some reason, you were to want to change your mind and remove the immunity, that too can be done for a 15 gold fee.

;D

jchow69
08-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Yes, It would allow you to essentially pay to opt out of the competition. But during this time since you are not on the rivals list, your rivals list would be inactive. You can't attack/raid others and have immunity.

You would also not be able to have immunity and participate in WD events at same time.

I guess it's a good idea if the person wants to take a break, but is like 1 billion overvault in cash.

Evil Mastermind
08-06-2013, 01:23 PM
I guess it's a good idea if the person wants to take a break, but is like 1 billion overvault in cash.

Well this immunity feature would come with a change to the rivals list too. There would be no more "this player is too weak to attack". Any player could be attacked/raided as many times as possible....unless they have purchased immunity.

IrishMavrick
08-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Evil,
I've read many of your threads trying to understand the logic behind your post. While I believe I see what your doing by going from anti Gree "I'M a free player" in your post to let's make Gree rich. I have to ask why? Are you trying to get banned for trolling or trying to force the game out of business. Are you frustrated that others spend money and you can't compete? Explain the logic behind how you've gone from "I'm a free player and spending real money is stupid" to lets charge everyone for another service? I'm amazed at the people who quickly support your written ideas without realizing you are playing them.

I.M.

Evil Mastermind
08-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Evil,
I've read many of your threads trying to understand the logic behind your post. While I believe I see what your doing by going from anti Gree "I'M a free player" in your post to let's make Gree rich. I have to ask why? Are you trying to get banned for trolling or trying to force the game out of business. Are you frustrated that others spend money and you can't compete? Explain the logic behind how you've gone from "I'm a free player and spending real money is stupid" to lets charge everyone for another service? I'm amazed at the people who quickly support your written ideas without realizing you are playing them.

I.M.

I am not playing or trolling anyone. I openly admitted that I am a free player. This game obviously needs to make money to stay afloat, right? GREE is a business. I am simply providing sound ideas so that GREE can make larger profits off the game, so that I may continue to enjoy my little war game for free. If they don't, my fun may disappear. How is that so hard to comprehend? Understand?

Next time, please try to stay on-topic or it will appear as if you are trolling me. Thanks.

Speed ump
08-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Irish, I would agree that a great number of evils past posts were very trollish in nature. His current ones are a very nice change. The things behind ideas like this is to discuss them. Lets not ridicule legit ideas. We can talk, discuss, see the merits or lack of, and get a general feel for what people think good or bad. Lets not make it personal. If you think it's bad, just state why you feel this way. Why is it that you think it would only line grees pockets. Keep in mind gree is here to make money. Let there be no mistake about this. You will get nowhere if there is not a benefit in the end to them. This is simple economics. It may not be a good value in your mind for x reason. Me and evil have butted heads here in the past, but I applaud his current efforts. I can tell you the best idea in SUP come from just throwing out ides and talking about why we think they may or may not work. I love those sessions. It seems to be spontaneous.

lemonhaze
08-06-2013, 02:11 PM
I am not playing or trolling anyone. I openly admitted that I am a free player. This game obviously needs to make money to stay afloat, right? GREE is a business. I am simply providing sound ideas so that GREE can make larger profits off the game, so that I may continue to enjoy my little war game for free. If they don't, my fun may disappear. How is that so hard to comprehend? Understand?

Next time, please try to stay on-topic or it will appear as if you are trolling me. Thanks. im sure gree makes enuff cash and u will not lose ur game for free..they been in business a long time now and havent went under so they are doing something right..but if they did do this i would certainly buy some immunity during the week so i could upgrade my LEs better

Speed ump
08-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Personally I would hate it. I rarely raid money building anymore, too much like work. I've gotten lazy and just make the rounds hitting the usuall suspects who are over vault.

jchow69
08-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Well this immunity feature would come with a change to the rivals list too. There would be no more "this player is too weak to attack". Any player could be attacked/raided as many times as possible....unless they have purchased immunity.

Wow! I could find a rival giving 300000 cash per hit and keep hitting??!! That's sick!

lemonhaze
08-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Personally I would hate it. I rarely raid money building anymore, too much like work. I've gotten lazy and just make the rounds hitting the usuall suspects who are over vault. same here i havent raided in months..thats why i worked on my iph for ages so i wouldnt have to raid

IrishMavrick
08-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Irish, I would agree that a great number of evils past posts were very trollish in nature. His current ones are a very nice change. The things behind ideas like this is to discuss them. Lets not ridicule legit ideas. We can talk, discuss, see the merits or lack of, and get a general feel for what people think good or bad. Lets not make it personal. If you think it's bad, just state why you feel this way. Why is it that you think it would only line grees pockets. Keep in mind gree is here to make money. Let there be no mistake about this. You will get nowhere if there is not a benefit in the end to them. This is simple economics. It may not be a good value in your mind for x reason. Me and evil have butted heads here in the past, but I applaud his current efforts. I can tell you the best idea in SUP come from just throwing out ides and talking about why we think they may or may not work. I love those sessions. It seems to be spontaneous.

Speed Ump,
I respect you as a forum member and as a player. I would take an idea from you as serious and worthy of discussion.. The past postings made by Evil lead me to question his intent.Evil has yet proposed an idea that benefits everyone. Yet he proposes ideas that ultimately benefit Gree and hinder certain types of players. I would suggest others read his past post and I believe they will see the trail that leads to an ulterior motive. I'm all for ideas,changes and enhanced game play. I'm also interested in background. When someone is so adamant about an issue yet suddenly changes sides they are either hiding something or running for political office. Again the facts of who Evil truly is and what his intents are can be seen in his past post. Please do not associate my low post numbers as being uninformed. I apologize that a certain party and I have had past differences which resulted in my name change.Im not sorry for them but sorry for the power they wield.
I apologize for appearing Evil and the appearance that I'm trying to hijack a thread. If I'm wrong about him accept my apologies for interrupting a worthy discussion. It is just hard for me not to point out what I see as suspicious.

I.M.

Evil Mastermind
08-07-2013, 07:05 AM
Speed Ump,
I respect you as a forum member and as a player. I would take an idea from you as serious and worthy of discussion.. The past postings made by Evil lead me to question his intent.Evil has yet proposed an idea that benefits everyone. Yet he proposes ideas that ultimately benefit Gree and hinder certain types of players. I would suggest others read his past post and I believe they will see the trail that leads to an ulterior motive. I'm all for ideas,changes and enhanced game play. I'm also interested in background. When someone is so adamant about an issue yet suddenly changes sides they are either hiding something or running for political office. Again the facts of who Evil truly is and what his intents are can be seen in his past post. Please do not associate my low post numbers as being uninformed. I apologize that a certain party and I have had past differences which resulted in my name change.Im not sorry for them but sorry for the power they wield.
I apologize for appearing Evil and the appearance that I'm trying to hijack a thread. If I'm wrong about him accept my apologies for interrupting a worthy discussion. It is just hard for me not to point out what I see as suspicious.

I.M.

There is one simple explanation for all my deeds. It is so simple yet you fail to see it. There may or may not be some master plan or ulterior motive, but that really isn't the point. There are no conflicting ideologies among my posts.

Some of my ideas may benefit certain groups of players. Other ideas may benefit other groups of players. Almost all or all of them will benefit GREE. I am not here for you and your approval. I am not here for the masses or their approval. I don't care what people on this forum think about me or my ideas. The answer to your question has such a simple answer that it is easily overlooked by you and so many others. I am here doing what I am doing for one reason and one reason alone. All of my ideas share a common theme (to which you cant and wont ever see)...they will/would benefit ME!

Clear enough?!?

-Evil M. ;D

IrishMavrick
08-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Not really could you try one more time in more simpler words...LOL..

You certainly do not need my approval nor would I ask that you try to obtain it. Im merely a curious and suspicious person by nature and had questions that your postings have raised. These were not random thoughts they were questions stemming from YOUR past post. Thank you for the response, carry on..

I.M.

corso1265
08-07-2013, 06:16 PM
I like the immunity idea too. Would definitely be a nice option when needed!

Dan Cai
08-08-2013, 12:46 AM
Yet again this will be of no use to free players I think it's pointless, it's a game if it was too easy it wouldn't get played.
Why should the rich get stronger and the poor people who play for fun get left behind. Bit unfair IMO.

What would be better is instead of using gold use in game cash say every hour is a million + a percentage on the level so say level 100 1.5 million per hour or level 200 3 million per hour. This seems a bit more fair.