PDA

View Full Version : Help! Invisible Absolute Tower

Fatherllama
07-25-2013, 01:07 AM
So I built the Absolute Tower yesterday. After it finished building today, I logged in and it's invisible and untargetable. I know it's there, because when I go to move a building there's square blocking the spot I put it in, and when I hit "visit" on the LE upgrade goal, it takes me directly to where I put it.

For some reason, however, my phone doesn't seem to be recognizing the image file for it. I've force stopped it and started again, as that usually fixes invisible buildings. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I have the latest data pack.

Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, any fixes for it?

Tito89
07-25-2013, 01:14 AM
try rotating it, that sometimes happens to my jinai facilities and i rotate it and they reappear

Tournai
07-25-2013, 01:31 AM
sell and rebuilt it Whaha LOL

Fatherllama
07-25-2013, 02:07 AM
try rotating it, that sometimes happens to my jinai facilities and i rotate it and they reappear

That's not a bad idea, but unfortunately I can't even target it to be able to rotate it.

HGF69
07-25-2013, 02:23 AM
If its there, and you know it's there, then maybe just live with it. Mine dies the same but if I move my fingers over the screen it reappears.

JohnnyR
07-25-2013, 03:07 AM
Weird. I assume you can collect? Wonder if it's raidable, heheh.

Fatherllama
07-25-2013, 06:47 AM
Weird. I assume you can collect? Wonder if it's raidable, heheh.

Not sure yet. I'm assuming no, because I haven't ever been able to collect an invisible building before. I'm confident it will be raidable, though. -_-

Tito89
07-25-2013, 06:53 AM
Not sure yet. I'm assuming no, because I haven't ever been able to collect an invisible building before. I'm confident it will be raidable, though. -_-

you messaged gree? they may fix it up if you can get thru

Philly982
07-25-2013, 06:53 AM
I am having the same exact issue Fatherllama.

IvanDrago
07-25-2013, 12:23 PM
I also have the invisible/inaccessible building problem with the Absolute Towers.

Same issue, bump. cant even build my building... shows an invisible box

I had the same issue with the invisible box when trying to build. You can still build it, but it takes a bit of guessing since you can't actually see the building's footprint to be able to place it on available land. Your best bet is to build it in a large available area, and once the build has started, move it to a tighter area if that's where you want it. The only time I could select and modify it is while building is in progress.

Philly982
07-25-2013, 12:44 PM
I had the same issue with the invisible box when trying to build. You can still build it, but it takes a bit of guessing since you can't actually see the building's footprint to be able to place it on available land. Your best bet is to build it in a large available area, and once the build has started, move it to a tighter area if that's where you want it. The only time I could select and modify it is while building is in progress.

Exactly the same here. Started the second one on faith as these things tend to work out, it is just a matter of when. The second build is in process and I can see the construction site for that one, but still nothing for the first completed one. I would love to be able to upgrade it now.

andypandy2
07-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Can an enemy see the building? There could be advantages to having invisible buildings...

Blue~Droid
07-25-2013, 01:52 PM
So I built the Absolute Tower yesterday. After it finished building today, I logged in and it's invisible and untargetable. I know it's there, because when I go to move a building there's square blocking the spot I put it in, and when I hit "visit" on the LE upgrade goal, it takes me directly to where I put it.

For some reason, however, my phone doesn't seem to be recognizing the image file for it. I've force stopped it and started again, as that usually fixes invisible buildings. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I have the latest data pack.

Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, any fixes for it?

It's not just with the towers...I'm having that issue with random buildings as well! Droid?

Blue~

IvanDrago
07-25-2013, 01:52 PM
I cant even move to building to an open area to build it, its like its frozen, my only options are to cancel the build or accept the build and have it tell me oops cant be built there

You can't drag the building anywhere, but you can still move it by clicking on a different portion of the map. Since you don't have the building outline, you just have to guess that it's on available land, accept the build, and hope you get lucky. That's why it is helpful to have a much larger available area. If it tells you it can't be built there, repeat at a different spot until it works.

It may not be quick or easy, but it's definitely possible.

Powerbang
07-25-2013, 02:15 PM
I have two. They are super tall. Like freakishly tall.

Funktacular
07-25-2013, 05:38 PM
I have the invisible tower on droid too. My iph reflects it and the footprint is there when I move another building. I'll find out tomorrow if I can collect on it. All other buildings are visible...

Philly982
07-25-2013, 06:19 PM
I have the invisible tower on droid too. My iph reflects it and the footprint is there when I move another building. I'll find out tomorrow if I can collect on it. All other buildings are visible...

I hope you have better luck than me. My first one is past collection time and it is still invisible. The only reason I really know it is there 'somewhere' is that when I try to move another building it's footprint is there.

Recas
07-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Same issue, on tab its ok, on HTC Desire HD its invisible, can t touch it and cannot collect on it, have sent a ticket and the will reply in 2 weeks with a bot answer ...

Bobar
07-26-2013, 03:07 PM
one of my faction members has the same problem

Henrik Y
07-26-2013, 04:00 PM
I've got the same problem to and it was known by gree as they responded me. The biggest problem I see is that I can't upgrade them.

MrWiggles82
07-26-2013, 04:17 PM
My two are also invisible to start off with but if you scroll over the plot where they should be they appear.

The same thing happen when I built my Anniversary tower but seemed to fix its self after a while.

Socks
07-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Mine disappear depending upon how much of the towers are visible. If I have them centered on the screen, I can see them. If I move towards the outer edge of the screen *poof* and then they don't come back until I re-open.

Johnson_Jr
07-27-2013, 11:40 PM
Hello Gree team,

We still have a problem here. How can we upgrade it if we don't see it? hum?
So many glitch since the v7!!!! So many events that we can't do normally! So many prizes we will never get.
Same pb with the box events as i see it in an other thread. We are well f**** hum!?
How can we be competitive??????????

PLz at least say something!

slgreenwell
07-28-2013, 04:27 AM
SAME EXACT problem with absolute towers.I know they are there because I visited my base with another device and cold see them.So I am sure they are going to be able to be raided. ALso same problem with case event.You can clear the data from the app and the cases event works but only until the new data pack downloads again.

Philly982
07-29-2013, 05:01 AM
SAME EXACT problem with absolute towers.I know they are there because I visited my base with another device and cold see them.So I am sure they are going to be able to be raided. ALso same problem with case event.You can clear the data from the app and the cases event works but only until the new data pack downloads again.

Has anyone that has had this issue had it resolved yet? Mine are still invisible to me. If they are never going to be available to me I wish I could find a way to sell them off as right now all they are doing is taking up land when I try to move buildings around on my base.

And I must admit the issue with the crate event is quite frustrating.

9mm
07-29-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm having the same issue as everyone else, have one built, can't put anything else there so I know it completed, my little avatar won't stand there and I got the unit for it. Was only able to see it while it was in construction.

Since I can't target the building I won't be able to upgrade it either, which normally wouldn't be a big deal but now I won't be able to get as many units for it.

Web323
07-29-2013, 08:51 AM
I cannot see both of mine but I am able to collect from them. They still have not fix the display glitch

Philly982
07-29-2013, 10:00 AM
I cannot see both of mine but I am able to collect from them. They still have not fix the display glitch

Just wondering how you are able to collect from them. I have tried about everything. It seems as if I cannot do anything with them.

Web323
07-29-2013, 10:42 AM
The little cash icon appears in mid air for me.

Rad1979
07-29-2013, 12:18 PM
I can't even build the Towers!!:-( I've got ticket from Gree but no response regarding the problem....

lemonhaze
07-29-2013, 05:57 PM
The little cash icon appears in mid air for me. lol same here buddy..mid air cash box..i am able to upgrade mine tho

Georgia Boyz
07-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Yes I am having same problem and sent Gree ticket they said they were working on it we will see

Paul Wall
07-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Same problem but I can't even target mine nor am I able to collect. I sent in a ticket. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Fatherllama
07-30-2013, 12:46 AM
Still can't see mine. Can't collect from them either. Even if they fix it today, best I'll be able to do is level 2, but I doubt this issue will be fixed for quite some time at this point.

Armand2REP
07-30-2013, 12:56 AM
I can see mine just fine, you must be on Android.

slgreenwell
07-30-2013, 08:24 AM
I have the same problem with invisible and unresponsive towers.,but when I clicked on missiona and upgrade towers to level 2 the green arrow appeared at the top of the map.Not even on land that I had purchased.From there I was able to collect and move the towers.Unfortunately the towers are still invisible and they return to no mans land each time the app closes.Hope this helps some of you.

Philly982
07-30-2013, 08:45 AM
I have the same problem with invisible and unresponsive towers.,but when I clicked on missiona and upgrade towers to level 2 the green arrow appeared at the top of the map.Not even on land that I had purchased.From there I was able to collect and move the towers.Unfortunately the towers are still invisible and they return to no mans land each time the app closes.Hope this helps some of you.

Thanks slgreenwell! I tried this and the green arrows appeared way at the top of the screen, almost 5 land tiles above my highest land expansion just as you commented. I was able to collect from underneath the green arrows, but unfortunately it still will not allow me to select them to upgrade them. But at least I now know how to collect from them so many thanks!

Mar1usescu
07-30-2013, 12:50 PM
bump.
for me is the same thing. i finish one and the space is empty. but if i want to move something there, the spot shows one building there.
i send a ticket. I hope so they fix the glitch.

Lucid.
07-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Thanks slgreenwell! I tried this and the green arrows appeared way at the top of the screen, almost 5 land tiles above my highest land expansion just as you commented. I was able to collect from underneath the green arrows, but unfortunately it still will not allow me to select them to upgrade them. But at least I now know how to collect from them so many thanks!

No such luck for me. Ticket already sent in (and notified that they were aware) and closed. Clicking on the mission to upgrade them sends me right to where they are.... just invisible. Haven't been able to collect from them either. Props to you who can at least collect!

Unfortunately we're missing out on the units from not being able to upgrade it.... do some older Android versions get left out of testing maybe?

IvanDrago
07-30-2013, 01:14 PM

This worked for me. Thanks a lot!

No such luck for me. Ticket already sent in (and notified that they were aware) and closed. Clicking on the mission to upgrade them sends me right to where they are.... just invisible. Haven't been able to collect from them either. Props to you who can at least collect!

Clicking on the mission sent me to where the buildings should be also, but I was able to find the arrows by scanning through the unexpanded land around my base. Mine ended up being several blocks above where I built them.

I was also able to access the upgrade screen by clicking below and little to the right of where the arrow was pointing.

My mood regarding MW has switched from 100% pissed to 90% pissed and 10% amused at the scavenger hunt.

Philly982
07-30-2013, 01:14 PM

Unfortunately we're missing out on the units from not being able to upgrade it.... do some older Android versions get left out of testing maybe?

When I clicked on the mission, it also took me to where I had actually built them. After clicking on the mission to upgrade, try scrolling your screen all the way up until it will not scroll anymore. I then had to move left and right to find the arrows that slgreenwell mentioned. I clicked on the green arrows and it collected the cash from them. Hopefully it will work for you, but maybe not.

It is unfortunate that we are missing out on the units from upgrading the building. I should be on level 3 right about now, but am having to settle for upgrading my ACs.

Klank
07-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Same issue.. Scrolled to top and found the raided cash symbol. Great that I can't see it but others can. Gree you need to fix this.

Philly982
07-31-2013, 10:34 AM
Fix this NOW.

They will probably have it fixed in about 6 days since my countdown timer says there is only a little over 5 days remaining to upgrade it for units.

On another note, I was randomly tapping away in the unexpanded land around where I can collect from the towers trying to access the expansion screen as IvanDrago mentioned, and was able to select all sorts of buildings from my Armory to Oil Rigs in the unexpanded land. Unfortunately I was not able to select the towers though. Very strange.

Henrik Y
07-31-2013, 11:34 AM
I found them too but it's way to late :mad:

otis10341
07-31-2013, 12:12 PM
My towers will disappear for about 10 sec and then reappear I have also noticed when I click on the towers to collect money the game shuts off and have to restart but money is collected.

Mar1usescu
07-31-2013, 12:51 PM
I open a ticket to Gree, and i got a pretty fast answer but isn't good.
Thank you for contacting us!

We're sorry to hear that you have had this experience. We are aware of the issue where the Absolute Towers building is not loading immediately. We are in the process of fixing this. In the meantime, your building will appear after all components have successfully loaded. As this may take a little bit of time, we respectfully request your continued patience. Please let us know if you have any further questions on the matter.

Best Regards,

I stayed logged in game, over 20 min and nothing. I think all components are loaded, but absolute towers still missing.
I hope they fix this glitch soon because i already got raided, from somebody. But me, i can't collect money .

Funktacular
07-31-2013, 05:11 PM
Hey, using slgreenwell's suggestion I was able to collect on both building today! That means I can upgrade tomorrow. I would never have seen the arrow at the top edge of the screen, great find. Inconvenient yes, but at least it wasn't a total waste.

Horshack72
08-01-2013, 02:01 PM
I did scroll up and find the arrow like suggested. Of course it had been raided for over a week and no money had been collected from it. Also my Tatras, Curraghs and Queensland Barracks footprint has been off since I received them.

Fatherllama
08-01-2013, 11:37 PM
I did scroll up and find the arrow like suggested. Of course it had been raided for over a week and no money had been collected from it. Also my Tatras, Curraghs and Queensland Barracks footprint has been off since I received them.

Yeah, I've had that problem too, but I don't expect it to ever be fixed. I would like to be able to collect off the 100 million I sank into towers at some point though.

Philly982
08-02-2013, 04:40 AM
Yeah, I've had that problem too, but I don't expect it to ever be fixed. I would like to be able to collect off the 100 million I sank into towers at some point though.

I too am wondering if it will ever be fixed. I have had some iOS players in my faction say they can see them on my base despite them still being invisible to me. Even though I can collect from them, I still cannot select them to be able to upgrade them. At this point I think I would rather them just go away so I can utilize the land for future buildings that might actually work properly.

Lucid.
08-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Clicking on the mission sent me to where the buildings should be also, but I was able to find the arrows by scanning through the unexpanded land around my base. Mine ended up being several blocks above where I built them.

I was also able to access the upgrade screen by clicking below and little to the right of where the arrow was pointing.

Good stuff, this method worked for me too.

I would be the last person picked for scavenger hunts apparently!

Fatherllama
08-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Any word on a fix for this, A&F/Sirius?

Mar1usescu
08-06-2013, 11:39 AM
This post should be on the first page because they didn't fix the bug( issue), glitch.
We need a official response about work on this thing.
SIRIUS, we need a response, you own us a response. After 2 weeks and 2 ticket closed this glitch is far away to be fixed.
???????????????

Fatherllama
08-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Still can't see 'em, and I expect to have the same issue with Taj Mahals, because I couldn't initially see the one I built. Had to blindly drop it on open ground. Any word on a fix or at least progress on this would be appreciated.

Philly982
08-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Still can't see 'em, and I expect to have the same issue with Taj Mahals, because I couldn't initially see the one I built. Had to blindly drop it on open ground. Any word on a fix or at least progress on this would be appreciated.

I had the same issue with the Taj Mahal. Had to blindly place it, but it lets me move it around while under construction. Though I think the same occurred with the Towers. Would have been nice if the fixed the Towers before the Taj Mahal came out, but I do understand that it was released early by mistake.

Recas
08-07-2013, 06:30 PM
yup Taj Mahal is also invisible....lol

Chris_
08-07-2013, 06:44 PM
I raided an invisible building today. All i could see was the red bar. It was the invisible towers

Oceanz
08-07-2013, 07:07 PM
I was finally able to collect from my towers from scrolling way up to the top of my map. But I'm wondering if this will be possible once the 'Upgrade to level 10' goal goes away in a few days. Frustrating to say the least. Typical GREE Android issues though.

Sooners
08-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Oceanz I know how u feel I cant even sign in the game because of an technical issue on grees end I lost 5 mill+ because I guaranteed that I got raided from both of my lvl 4 oil rigs my tatra outpost and queensland barracks my 2 oil refineries 2 geothermic plants 2 chemical plants a biodome and a diamond mine plus 2 ammunition stockpiles I will know how bad it is once I can acess the game again

Oceanz
08-07-2013, 07:42 PM
yeah Sooners, it sucks. Half the time I log in, the app crashes within 15 seconds. If I actually can get in, most of the time my Oil Rigs are invisible, as well as other random buildings. I have just chalked it up to part of the game. :(

Nighthawk
08-07-2013, 08:23 PM
I had this problem a LOT when I first started playing back in summer, 2012. Half my base would move to the far top of the screen. Every time I opened the game there would be something up there. Went on for several months, then around the time that the WD events started, one of the updates solved it for me and I hadn't seen it happen for a long time. It happened again 3 or 4 times a week or two ago, but not since. Seems to be a odd bug on my android.

Fatherllama
08-08-2013, 01:21 AM
Still no fix for this in the latest build : \

Fatherllama
08-08-2013, 01:26 AM
I was finally able to collect from my towers from scrolling way up to the top of my map. But I'm wondering if this will be possible once the 'Upgrade to level 10' goal goes away in a few days. Frustrating to say the least. Typical GREE Android issues though.

That actually worked for me too. Thanks for the tip. I can actually select it to see the timer up there too, and theoretically upgrade (although I have no plans to, at this point).

Philly982
08-08-2013, 01:57 PM
So my invisible Taj Mahal now goes well with my invisible Absolute Towers. Has anyone figured out how to collect from an invisible Taj Mahal yet. I have tried tapping everywhere outside of my base to no avail. I wonder if all future LE buildings will be invisible for the players that are having this problem.

IvanDrago
08-08-2013, 02:38 PM
So my invisible Taj Mahal now goes well with my invisible Absolute Towers. Has anyone figured out how to collect from an invisible Taj Mahal yet. I have tried tapping everywhere outside of my base to no avail. I wonder if all future LE buildings will be invisible for the players that are having this problem.

Sometimes not all buildings in my base load when the game starts, but they can still be collected in the top of the undeveloped map area that everyone is seeing the arrow for the Absolute Towers. I'm assuming all future invisible/unloadable limited buildings will appear here as well, which means that the Taj Mahal will probably behave exactly the same as the Absolute Towers. We also should be able to collect from the Absolute Towers once the upgrade to level 10 event ends. Just go to that magical spot on the map and look for the dollar icons.

Philly982
08-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Sometimes not all buildings in my base load when the game starts, but they can still be collected in the top of the undeveloped map area that everyone is seeing the arrow for the Absolute Towers. I'm assuming all future invisible/unloadable limited buildings will appear here as well, which means that the Taj Mahal will probably behave exactly the same as the Absolute Towers. We also should be able to collect from the Absolute Towers once the upgrade to level 10 event ends. Just go to that magical spot on the map and look for the dollar icons.

Thanks IvanDrago. My first Taj Mahal is past due to be collected. I have clicked everywhere on undeveloped land towards the top, side and in the sea but nothing for the Taj Mahal. I can select the rest of the buildings that did not load properly at the time in these areas though, but not the Taj Mahal.

IvanDrago
08-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Thanks IvanDrago. My first Taj Mahal is past due to be collected. I have clicked everywhere on undeveloped land towards the top, side and in the sea but nothing for the Taj Mahal. I can select the rest of the buildings that did not load properly at the time in these areas though, but not the Taj Mahal.

That's bad news... Sounds like we'll just have to wait for the LTB upgrade event to end to determine if we'll be able to collect from the Absolute Towers anymore. The fact that you guys can't collect from the Taj Mahal is not a good sign. I just started my first, so I haven't been able to test whether or not I'll be able to collect from it yet.

This may be unrelated, but for the last month or so, I've also been having issues with the game constantly crashing for 0.5-2 days when the data pushes come out. My phone is getting pretty old (Droid X, about 2.5 years old), and I'm wondering if that's part of the problem. I have a new tablet that I'm going to transfer the game to once the World Domination event is done to test that theory out.

Philly982
08-09-2013, 11:30 AM
I have the same phone IvanDrago and it seems the exact same problem when the data pushes come out. Other than the invisible buildings and stats, it seems the data pushes are the root of all my problems. When an update comes out in the Play Store everything works with great, but quite the opposite with the data pushes. If you do not mind, let me know how the game runs for you when you transfer to your tablet.

Socks
08-09-2013, 03:15 PM
I have strategically moved my towers to a spot where they can't be seen unless you move the screen around just right.

I wouldn't call it exploiting a bug- I can put my buildings wherever I want, right?

Fatherllama
08-10-2013, 01:11 AM

My invisible TM is hanging out at the top of the map with my towers, just a little to the southeast. The money icon for all three buildings pops up in the same place, but I have to tap in different places to collect them. Better than nothing, I suppose, but still highly unsatisfactory that this has been going on for weeks.

IvanDrago
08-12-2013, 09:28 PM
I have the same phone IvanDrago and it seems the exact same problem when the data pushes come out. Other than the invisible buildings and stats, it seems the data pushes are the root of all my problems. When an update comes out in the Play Store everything works with great, but quite the opposite with the data pushes. If you do not mind, let me know how the game runs for you when you transfer to your tablet.

I just transferred to a new Nexus 7 and as far as I can tell, everything is working great. I can finally see the Absolute Towers and Taj Mahal. It's running a lot faster and not crashing, so it's probably safe to say that data updates will be much smoother too.

It would appear that the Droid X can no longer keep up with the game. I guess that's no surprise considering it's 3 years old. Doing a factory reset on the phone may help performance, but that may just be a short term fix. And from what I've read, you'll lose access to your account when you do the reset, so you'd have to transfer it to a different device first and then transfer it back to the phone. I'm not sure if it would work to transfer to the same device: initiate the transfer as the old device, do a factory reset, and then complete the transfer using the factory reset phone as the new device.