PDA

View Full Version : Two Very Simple MW Forum Fixes

TIMB0
07-24-2013, 12:16 AM
We use the forum for war in our faction. Many do, as we don't want to leave the game to go to another chat program. I just wish it was better, and in that vein I'd like to go forward and suggest two very simple, very easily implemented fixes.

1) When you click on the faction icon in the menu, can we please have the forum as the first tab, so it opens immediately?? I doubt that "information" is something we need to see each and every time we visit this area. This would be tremendous in itself, and save a half million clicks.
2) Could someone put a "refresh" button in the forum? Right now, you have to exit and enter a half a bajillion times just to see if someone posted something new and important during war. I'm fine with the program limitations if it can't auto refresh, but if so can we not get a little button to avoid all the tapping?

Thank you for listening. Do you use the forum during war? If not, talk about what outside program you use and it's pros and cons.

candyson
07-24-2013, 12:29 AM
We use the in-game forum and have never had problems with it.

candyson
07-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Also, make it to where you can hide donations.

Screwloose
07-24-2013, 12:33 AM
War of nations, Grees newest game has auto refreshing alliance chat, don't see why it would be that hard to bring it into this game.

stephen2013
07-24-2013, 12:38 AM
My faction uses group me as an outside communication source in addition to the in game forum.

Pros: auto update, multiple group support, easy to use, and it saves all conversations.

Cons: you must exit MW to use (unless you have a second Internet capable device to get group me on), and getting everyone to register may be a pain, depending on faction rank or participation within th faction.

HGF69
07-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Agree with the refresh option.

MadFox
07-24-2013, 01:04 AM
Exiting the game may not be perfect. But the response times of the ingame forum suck. Even with a refresh button you would have to exit the chat section and open the battle section...
I am sure you could do better with an external chat app...reopening the game only takes seconds.

Tournai
07-24-2013, 01:14 AM
Indeed You rock with this Thread!
I wanted to ask this months ago, but didnt, because the hope for changes was gone because of Gree.

Anyway, imagine their servers, with all of us hitting a refresh Button.
Ever seen a DDOS Attack? LOL.
I think GREE will not be happy with this, if they put this in the game.

Their servers cant handle that I think. Imagine Millions of Devices pinging their server all over the World.

TIMB0
07-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Interesting...I did not know that. Can't therefore see why the code couldn't be ported over in an update.

TIMB0
07-24-2013, 10:04 AM
...but Tournai this happens anyway when you log out of the forum and come back in!

TIMB0
07-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Agree with the refresh option.
What's your external forum? We're having a faction talk about change.