PDA

View Full Version : I get the ltq change buuuuut...

KemoKidd
07-23-2013, 12:55 PM
So why did Gree have to change the way the way ltqs work? My guess is that because we were so smart in figuring out we can pre hit maps that we saved ourselves quite a bit of gold in the first run through and the later missions in the elite goals. This also fixes the fact that some people got the ltq earlier, which I did not care one bit about. So the change makes sense to me.

However, this could have been done with a 100% drop rate. One of the worst parts of these events is that we level up so quickly. The fact that I am burning through energy and getting experience points and NOT completing goals is a waste! Why does luck have to be a factor now? (I know what your response will be: more $!)

I will sit this one out, save my gold and HOPE that the next ltq is different. If this had 100% drop rate I would be all in.

Edit: I have a feeling this is the first of many complaining threads!

murf
07-23-2013, 01:02 PM
Posted this in another thread...and if level 13 is dropping fairly useful explosives for low-level players, my guess is in the 20's the items might be decent....

Even the L10 car is equivalent to a $900k Audi, which I know some people have purchased in the past.

First 13 level items...maybe they are trying to make it attractive for low-level campers, because these items could be useful for first 50 or so levels, especially the cars and explosives....

Level 1 - 2 Small Arm Pistols - 3 / 2
Level 2 - 2 Sushi Butcher Knives - 4 / 2
Level 3 - 3 Mafia Cars - 4 / 4
Level 4 - 3 Hand-Made Explosives - 5 / 5
Level 5 - 4 Cop Pistols - 4 / 6
Level 6 - 4 Stakeout Binolculars - 5 / 9
Level 7 - 5 Dock Trucks - 6 / 9
Level 8 - 5 Mafis Tuxedos - 5 / 11
Level 9 - 6 Parkside Rifles - 8 / 10
Level 10 - 6 Luxury Cars - 11 / 9
Level 11 - 7 Antique Dagges - 8 / 13
Level 12 - 7 Surveillance Goggles - 10 / 12
Level 13 - 8 Crude Explosives - 10 / 14

grumpster
07-23-2013, 01:03 PM
i agree .... this round is dumb .... i get that gree needs to make money but how much is to much ... greed greed

murf
07-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Oh and you are still getting an xxx/xxx item every 2 levels as well.

_Drifter
07-23-2013, 01:06 PM
I don't think they "changed" anything. They tried this format in KA early in the life of LTQs and the response was so bad they never did another one (I "won" KA, so I have no idea what's happened since I stopped that game).

I'm not even going to do job #1 in normal mode. These types of goals should be the same for everyone and not ever depend on any luck factor.

My advice: abstain from participating in a poor event style in hopes that Gree might take notice and strongly reconsider ever doing this format again. This "first run" (in CC, even though Gree knows this format is bad and people don't like it) is just a test, and if the event passes the test we can expect to see a whole lot more of these.

Take the 5+ days to do some serious preloading for a future ltq.

KemoKidd
07-23-2013, 01:08 PM
The key thing you stated (murf) was for low level players. Low level players have a MUCH lower chance at fully completing these goals due to low energy. As for the campers, the "misses" is a HUGE turn off for the event.

I can't imagine the loot items will get THAT good where they will be worth it to higher level players. I really can't imagine how much I will level up and how much energy will be wasted on "misses" to even get to that point. Plus the drop rate appears decreases with each level. This means your "misses" hurt even more!

I do get your point and I hope that this is true for those of you going for it. Also, the xxx/xxx items were always there so that is not really a bonus for what my problem is with this event. For me, it's all about not having 100% drop rate.

Dravak
07-23-2013, 01:08 PM
It is very obvious why they did this change lol , they solve 3 things in one go !

1 Give low level stats to participate in syndicate wars . (the real income)
2 force the few legit people to cheat/glitch so they can ban them anytime they want ! (called controled envoirement)
3 Most important to get more gold income cost from the LTQ , by manipulating the ods or outcome cause of random drops .

Here very logical and definetly Gree setup !
Here I tought Greed was a bit gone cause of syndicate wars lol , they put the D back in .

enjoy the highdrop rate this first round !

murf
07-23-2013, 01:09 PM
I do see your point as well....although I wouldn't state it as strongly as you have :D

Even with my arguments, my L15 account isn't participating...I only do Collect 10's (and the one reverse order PvP event)

Bala82
07-23-2013, 01:10 PM
I don't think they "changed" anything. They tried this format in KA early in the life of LTQs and the response was so bad they never did another one (I "won" KA, so I have no idea what's happened since I stopped that game).

I'm not even going to do job #1 in normal mode. These types of goals should be the same for everyone and not ever depend on any luck factor.

My advice: abstain from participating in a poor event style in hopes that Gree might take notice and strongly reconsider ever doing this format again. This "first run" (in CC, even though Gree knows this format is bad and people don't like it) is just a test, and if the event passes the test we can expect to see a whole lot more of these.

Normally i would agree but items are too good to pass just because you don't want farm loot from crap maps. It's much easier than first one rob 5 gun shops that was pain in the ass this one much easier.

murf
07-23-2013, 01:11 PM
These types of goals should be the same for everyone and not ever depend on any luck factor.

Do you skip the collect 10's or 20's because of the luck factor too?

poo hands
07-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Lvl 27 on basic is like a 15 to 20 percent drop rate....awesome gree!

nico valentino
07-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Lol those rewards are trash, i can go farm more homemads tnts for better stats then that

murf
07-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Lvl 27 on basic is like a 15 to 20 percent drop rate....awesome gree!

What is the energy or XP? Level 13 was only 72/18 so not that bad...

murf
07-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Lol those rewards are trash, i can go farm more homemads tnts for better stats then that

Maybe on android with 100% drops...and not for the small xp gain you get here

KemoKidd
07-23-2013, 01:15 PM

I agree with this statement as well. The luck factor adds a little to the excitement of trying for a cash open for me. I felt like I was gambling even with gold opens trying to get all the small items in the previous collect 10 event. The good part is I don't gain experience with a Better Luck Next Time message!

murf
07-23-2013, 01:16 PM
The good part is I don't gain experience with a Better Luck Next Time message!

lol........

kingofwale
07-23-2013, 01:18 PM

With Gree's brilliant thinking...

"We know it was so badly received with KA, why not just stick it in CC and maybe magically people will love it?

GET YOUR ACTS TOGETHER, GREE!

_Drifter
07-23-2013, 01:19 PM

Those events have always been based on luck. LTQs are supposed to be different in that they are the same for everyone. Same number of jobs, same amount of energy required, same amount of XP gain, roughly same gold cost from start to finish if using gold from the start.

A random drop format for LTQs is just bad. Lower level players with less energy are at a huge disadvantage/increased gold cost. Anyone who gets "bad luck" with drops is at a disadvantage (and again the gold cost rises with every missed drop, should you choose to dump gold on this).

Time and available energy really should be the only limiting factors for an ltq. The random drop format is nothing more than Gree intentionally putting everyone at a disadvantage 1) to make them spend more, and 2) to see if people really will spend more. If this format is a success, they will keep doing it.

I'm not saying I'm skipping the event because it's too dependent on luck or anything, but if you don't like the way something is running don't support it by playing along anyways. The players ultimately will decide if this format stays or goes based on level of participation.

Add me to the list of players that doesn't like this format and will not support it by just "playing along" anyways.

KemoKidd
07-23-2013, 01:23 PM
I like how everyone starts off even with no pre-hitting allowed. Even though I did pre-hit for this event I thought this was the perfect way to eliminate it. Does anyone agree that the ONLY change that has to be made is 100% drop rate? I don't even care if the loot items were worth 0/0 for your stats! Do the mission. Get the items. Next goal. Simple as that!

MrM
07-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Yep, doing this one as far as I get without gold. The same as I always do case events. Randomness + spending = gambling. You're better off at a roulette table...

I like how everyone starts off even with no pre-hitting allowed. Even though I did pre-hit for this event I thought this was the perfect way to eliminate it. Does anyone agree that the ONLY change that has to be made is 100% drop rate? I don't even care if the loot items were worth 0/0 for your stats! Do the mission. Get the items. Next goal. Simple as that!

It's pretty cynical to eliminate pre-hitting, the fact remains it is a game and this was a possibility, just another way to spend your energy. The later maps they had used in the last LTQs on elite mode had already limited the advantage of pre-hitting. But if someone decides to skip 2 LTQs to get as far as possible on the third one...why shouldn't he? It's a 'free game' *cough cough* and if a free player wants to play that way...why can't he?

_Drifter
07-23-2013, 01:26 PM

That would be better, but then why not just eliminate the "inventory clutter" all together and return to "complete jobs a, b, c, get prize d". Adding the loot drops in is pointless, especially when none of those items actually do anything for nearly anyone's stats.

poo hands
07-23-2013, 01:28 PM
There's no luck here, I'm doing the ltq basic again with my alt account and I am getting the same pattern of when the items drop and when they don't.

KemoKidd
07-23-2013, 01:29 PM
That would be better, but then why not just eliminate the "inventory clutter" all together and return to "complete jobs a, b, c, get prize d". Adding the loot drops in is pointless, especially when none of those items actually do anything for nearly anyone's stats.

Exactly what I was getting at except I didn't mean to literally get a 0/0 item. I meant have an item that pops out that is just there for you to collect to know you are accomplishing the goal. Not necessarily a "loot item".

Dravak
07-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Exactly what I was getting at except I didn't mean to literally get a 0/0 item. I meant have an item that pops out that is just there for you to collect to know you are accomplishing the goal. Not necessarily a "loot item".

Those items are not for you but future gold spenders, they don't care about you :p

they are there to make the lower players stronger , so the 3-4th cycle feel they are improving there stats .
So they can compete in syndicates wars !

[CM]]forgetaboutit
07-23-2013, 02:42 PM

I definitely agree
100% drop and I would like this format

Dravak
07-23-2013, 02:45 PM
]forgetaboutit;883072']I definitely agree
100% drop and I would like this format

It is close to 80% drop rate this one , the reason they don't want 100% while easily done !
Is to get more money from you in the end ! , this is a test if spendings are low or none excistant !
Then it will not be repeated ! If spendings are high expect all LTQ to be this format from now on !

Sandukan
07-23-2013, 04:59 PM
It is close to 80% drop rate this one , the reason they don't want 100% while easily done !
Is to get more money from you in the end ! , this is a test if spendings are low or none excistant !
Then it will not be repeated ! If spendings are high expect all LTQ to be this format from now on !

My numbers are not close to 80%.
The further you go the lower the drop rate.

Dravak
07-23-2013, 05:13 PM
My numbers are not close to 80%.
The further you go the lower the drop rate.

that was expected , last 7 will be hell ! Some people will get 100% others will get 10% , depending on your spending and statistics ;)

always have been that way ! That is why I voted stop this crap , even if I am not going to be doing the last 7 elite !
I can predict the outcome :D

murf
07-23-2013, 05:49 PM
that was expected , last 7 will be hell ! Some people will get 100% others will get 10% , depending on your spending and statistics ;)

always have been that way ! That is why I voted stop this crap , even if I am not going to be doing the last 7 elite !
I can predict the outcome :D

This is conspiracy theory at its best....

Dravak
07-23-2013, 06:02 PM
This is conspiracy theory at its best....

why is it conspiracy ? It is simple !
average american are less smart then the rest of the world !
Is that a conspiracy or a fact cause education system in america is poor , but at the same time they have the world best education system too in Havard MIT etc , but we take the average !

Same applies for this system !
There will be people who will finish this event in day 1 with only 1 vault spending !
there will be people getting this for free cause of energy glitch !
there will be people paying a lot cause they can't get the items to drop cause it is random !

what is conspiracy about what I said ?

murf
07-23-2013, 06:30 PM
what is conspiracy about what I said ?

When you say:

Some people will get 100% others will get 10% , depending on your spending and statistics

You are clearly implying that if you spend gold you get higher drop rates....and I don't understand how your statistics have anything to do with the drop rate.

Dravak
07-23-2013, 06:35 PM
When you say:

You are clearly implying that if you spend gold you get higher drop rates....and I don't understand how your statistics have anything to do with the drop rate.

I am definetly not implying that lmao , let say won't answer that question !
sorry murf something I will not answer !

the information is already given out once !

cooch
07-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Those items are not for you but future gold spenders, they don't care about you :p

they are there to make the lower players stronger , so the 3-4th cycle feel they are improving there stats .
So they can compete in syndicates wars !

Exactly! Some folks are realizing it ain't about you and free players! It's about P/L for Gree! Keep protesting but actions always speak louder than words. Don't see a lot of folks spending less.

murf
07-23-2013, 06:39 PM
I am definetly not implying that lmao , let say won't answer that question !
sorry murf something I will not answer !

the information is already given out once !

OK...you say your drop rate depends on your spending and statistics, but aren't implying that more gold = higher drop rate....OK, nevermind....

Pfiction
07-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Ok so what level are these events available. I am level 34 and don't have it.

candyson
07-24-2013, 01:11 AM
I've had a 99% drop rate through mission nine(only missed a loot item once). So far, very good stats/xp ratio that rivals the boss events.

BigMoney
07-24-2013, 01:34 AM

Pfft, obviously I don't believe gold spending and loot drop rates are connected, but if anything they would make the odds worse for heavy gold spenders, as they know gold spenders are going to shell out the gold to complete the event no matter what. I spent over a vault getting that damn Getaway Car in the collect-10, and I saw it in like 75% of weak players' (read: free players') inventories when I was hitting anyone and everyone during the PvP. That's a conspiracy, I say.

/said mostly in jest.

KemoKidd
07-24-2013, 05:18 AM
I've had a 99% drop rate through mission nine(only missed a loot item once). So far, very good stats/xp ratio that rivals the boss events.

Just wait. It gets worse! At the tattoo parlor I had under 50% drop rate for the needles! Then again in the next goal I got 11 scuba things in 12 tries. That eased the aggravation of that damn tattoo parlor!

bimmer kid
07-24-2013, 12:54 PM
yea this ltq relies more on randomness compared to other style. whats new

they implimented this format from KA, so it was coming to CC whether everybody on the forum was shouting about prepping or not