PDA

View Full Version : Gree, you need to balance out Defence!

The Billionaire
07-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Gree,

Please offer more items/mods to boost our defence stats.

The way it is going at the moment you're going to make fighting pretty useless. If the majority of players end up with an attack stat that is much greater than their defence stat then it makes the defence stat pointless.

Players are here to increase their stats so they are stronger than other players and won't lose as many fights and robberies. However, if the attack stat is always going to be greater than the defence stat it means the majority of players we attack will be able to come back and beat us making the whole idea of getting stronger pointless.

In MW you got it right because the defence stat is greater than the attack stat which means players will only lose to stronger players not weaker ones.

However, this is not the case in Crime City. Here's an example:

Player A has the following stats

Attack 900k
Defence 700k

Player B has the following stats

Attack 750k
Defence 600k

So player A can easily beat player B but player B can also beat player A even though his stats are much better. If the same two players had played MW instead their stats would look like this

Player A has the following stats

Attack 700k
Defence 900k

Player B has the following stats

Attack 600k
Defence 750k

This means player A would just about be able to beat player B but player B wouldn't be able to beat player A because player A has better stats.

Think about it Gree! what's the point in us increasing our stats if it doesn't fend off rivals

sister morphine
07-22-2013, 11:02 PM
Bill, I can't believe you're complaining about an occasional splash of red on your news after playing so long (those theoretical stats are based on yours pre-brawl event prizes I'm guessing?). ;)

I kind of like the way things are. It means the big stat players can't just bully the rest free of any cares. Even if the mortals can't beat the "gods" in a fight they might be able to rob them at least. :D

Duncko
07-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Gree is right. Without the "weaker" players playing because they can't win, you can remain unbeaten even with stats of 1/1.

montecore
07-22-2013, 11:05 PM
the point, billy, is getting you to spend as much gold as possible.

my suggestion is to put a zero after the current defense building ratings and make them provide the actual defense shown.

tam...
07-22-2013, 11:10 PM
Bill has a Good point. One either has defense stats for a reason. Or get rid of them altogether. Think of the gold that could be saved

PawnXIIX
07-22-2013, 11:11 PM
I think I did something wrong, because right now my stats are 409k attack /469k defense...

It's not inflated defense either, my actual is about 460k - although I need this to be verified. Down when I had about half the stats I have now, it was only 5k inflated. I doubled it for times sake.

It seems like the higher I get, with the rewards from events, the more my defense is climbing rather than my attack stat.

c00guy
07-22-2013, 11:16 PM
I like the idea of attack stats being higher than defense. Would be nice to get a lot more players within our reach for robs/fights. Also like the idea of raising the effective defense of defense buildings - that way if people are really concerned about their defense, they can work for it.

GREE give us some more attack heavy weapons (like the recent boss and crate events)!! :D Good job ;)

Bernard
07-23-2013, 12:01 AM
With a limit of 500 items of each type, how long before prizes start to wipe each other out.
Or will we see 1 million attack and Defence prizes?

The game is obviously showing signs of a distortion in that the strongest will get stronger and the weaker weaker.

Ok its following society but at some point it starts to fall apart

Butt Futter
07-23-2013, 03:34 AM
Fighting Cowardly is doing what it does. Complaining about red on there wall. lol.

the_brein
07-23-2013, 04:30 AM
Would like to see stats get squared away and def buildings make a difference. I mean this whole game is about stats.

Rastas
07-23-2013, 04:42 AM
I think I did something wrong, because right now my stats are 409k attack /469k defense...

Yeah my defence is 30k higher than my attack as well, I'd rather it be the other way around but hey what can you do.

(CCK) Cam
07-23-2013, 04:43 AM
Lol, same here, my defense is 20k higher than my attack

punawa
07-23-2013, 04:45 AM
Same can be said in the other way too. Me I'm desperatly looking for higher att stats items.
So it's certainly not a general statement, it just depends on the way you play.

OBAMASMAMA
07-23-2013, 04:48 AM
Same can be said in the other way too. Me I'm desperatly looking or higher att stats items.
So it's certainly not a general statement, it just depends on the way you play.

All depends if you intend to stop the beating or give the beating.

Rastas
07-23-2013, 05:10 AM
All depends if you intend to stop the beating or give the beating.

That's such an informative post. Thank you for sharing that with us all.

Dipstik
07-23-2013, 05:17 AM
If they gave too mane defense bonuses, the top players will all be staring at each other. Think it through.

187omni
07-23-2013, 05:45 AM
If they gave too mane defense bonuses, the top players will all be staring at each other. Think it through.

I'm sure you can get around that by purchasing more gold

budman68
07-23-2013, 05:53 AM
My defense is nearly 40k more then my offense. So i would rather have more offense attack. Guess we can't all be pleased.

Mack The Knife
07-23-2013, 06:34 AM
My defense has always been disproportionately higher than my attack. Which isn't something I mind as it hasn't negatively effected my robbery stats. I assumed it was the norm in this game, across the board, that defense stats were typically higher than attack stats.

Quick question, someone earlier mentioned that their stats were inflated. how can you tell the real value?

nico valentino
07-23-2013, 06:35 AM
My defense is always higher then my attack. Sorry about your luck

Butt Futter
07-23-2013, 06:48 AM
My defense has always been disproportionately higher than my attack. Which isn't something I mind as it hasn't negatively effected my robbery stats. I assumed it was the norm in this game, across the board, that defense stats were typically higher than attack stats.

Quick question, someone earlier mentioned that their stats were inflated. how can you tell the real value?

Leave your syndicate and look at stats. Also, look at your true attack when you hit the boss since mods don't work on them.

(CCK) Cam
07-23-2013, 06:48 AM
My defense is always higher then my attack. Sorry about your luckProbably because he is in FIGHT CLUB. The top syndicate items usually have more attack than defense

murf
07-23-2013, 06:59 AM
My defense is always higher then my attack. Sorry about your luck

Haha...not sure what your stats are nico, but my guess is that you can't compare your experience to Bill's.

Mack The Knife
07-23-2013, 07:01 AM
Leave your syndicate and look at stats. Also, look at your true attack when you hit the boss since mods don't work on them.
Thx, I'll give that a try

murf
07-23-2013, 07:02 AM

Inflated defense includes the extra defense from upgraded buildings...if you don't have upgraded defense buildings your defense isn't inflated...if you want, have someone attack you and tell you what your true defense is...

tam...
07-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Fighting Cowardly is doing what it does. Complaining about red on there wall. lol.

Actually I was thinking about the winner of the pvp event for a prize that had better defense than attack points
Wipe out the value of defense pretty much means that they played to win a prize that is totally useless and I am sure they weren't just using free hits throughout the event.
Oh, yes. The winner I believe was an Indian

tam...
07-23-2013, 08:04 AM
If defense is so important, why do some people only have defense buildings in their hoods?

Armalg-the-Good
07-23-2013, 08:16 AM
How about in addition to the "allowed to build 2 buildings at once bonus" that is allegedly coming that people be allowed to build/upgrade defense buildings separately from money buildings (for a total potential of 3 buildings). Maybe add some expensive but high level only buildings that have more favorable defense scores at level 10 for top players to sink their excess cash into/justify the use of space for the non income building.

Armalg-the-Good
07-23-2013, 08:16 AM
If defense is so important, why do some people only have defense buildings in their hoods?

In my experience those people are almost all failed players.

candyson
07-23-2013, 08:20 AM
My raw attack is 2-3k higher than my raw defense. It's all the syndicate bonuses that make my defense higher.

GQNammmer
07-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Dont worry Bill. Im sure the top 10 prize for the upcoming battle will put your defence ahead of your attack.

Chica
07-23-2013, 08:27 AM
If that is the case for most thats of my defense is 40 k higher then offense.

tam...
07-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Geeze Bill makes a comment on the changing dynamics of the game and you think he is complaining at / on a individual level
Really.... is Bill the only one smart enough to notice the direction the game is heading?????

No wonder Gree doesn't bother to fix things, it would take some of you 6 months to realize that there is a problem.

Dipstik
07-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Geeze Bill makes a comment on the changing dynamics of the game and you think he is complaining at
/ on a individual level
Really.... is Bill the only one smart enough to notice the direction the game is heading?????

Am I the only one who realizes why it's heading that way?????

Seriously... They want to encourage attacking and robbing. It's the foundation of the game. Allowing every powerful player to turn himself into a fortress is not the way to do that. I can't believe this even needs to be explained.

Dravak
07-23-2013, 06:14 PM
fine here dynamic will not change , cause it will decrease spending !
especially in syndicate wars , where defensive battles are frustating majority of the players !

with add kiddies and other impatience people on the rise , who like to click buttons !
You think having them giving syndicate free points cause of too strong defense !
So offcourse they going to keep increasing attacks and attacks !

Cause those are paid points ! Not defensive win points who are free !
So suprised the new group didn't figure this out till late !

tam...
07-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Then you all agree the 1st place pvp prize was the best joke that Gree could play on the Indians

Dipstik
07-23-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't really pay attention to the top prizes... What was it and how was it a joke on the Indians?

Dravak
07-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Then you all agree the 1st place pvp prize was the best joke that Gree could play on the Indians

all the prices aside from free banking and + maffia
is a joke !
you know why Tam , cause once you hit a certain barrier , that this group hasn't hit yet !
suddenly the multipliers will stop working ! Imagine somebody with 6 million stats multiplied by 250% !
New big spenders will stop spending ! , since those multipliers will work for the new power items too !

Now for free to play and stop donating !
following items are a must !

free banking
+ energy (for completing as much LTQ as possible for free)
+ upgrade speed
Reduce upgrade cost
Multiple building upgrade or build !

since once you go free to play , you will not be able to compete with next cycle of spenders !
Gree will make sure of that , even if you have spent more then 20k$ , somebody new with 5k$ will outcompete you !

so in the end the joke is on us ! We keep spending and donating for our friends !
Who are our friends ? Bea and Chris ? Who I meet in London argueing over F crap of a game , instead of being two decent human beings ?

cooch
07-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Bill: You lose this one w/o discussion. CJ came on awhile ago explaining the changes we are seeing. Spoke of examples of other games where game got boring with overwhelming stats made other players reduce/stop play. He said that they would allow randomness in W/L which we are all seeing. I interpreted this as also allowing more profit since you have to spend more gold to achieve the results of previous wars and PVP contests.

No they are not going back. So spend less to send a msg...:D

dr007
07-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Bill brings up an important topic as usual. I do think at the higher levels attack and defense are unbalanced. However, before defense items are released it would be great to fully understand how defense works. So far, someone with 300,000 attack less than my defense can win some fights and someone with 1 million attack less than my defense can win a few robs. No point upgrading defense with those odds!

Dravak
07-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Bill: You lose this one w/o discussion. CJ came on awhile ago explaining the changes we are seeing. Spoke of examples of other games where game got boring with overwhelming stats made other players reduce/stop play. He said that they would allow randomness in W/L which we are all seeing. I interpreted this as also allowing more profit since you have to spend more gold to achieve the results of previous wars and PVP contests.

No they are not going back. So spend less to send a msg...:D

At this point it doesn't matter if we spent or not ! That is the sad truth !
the cycle coming up , will not outspent the original crew cause they don't have too !
the cycle I am in and see , are bigger in numbers , this game has more then 500k active accounts !

that spend weekly basis 20$ or more , look at the combat stats top winners , you can easily derive the income minus illegal ones who are roughly 5% .. Make us OG redundant simple as that !

Especially if you still have gold left over ! This game will continue with or without us !
it is out of mutual respect on both party , that I am not kicked out already from the forums !

But think those people at Gree not the top , but those people at Gree do love us for donating them so much !
We gotten them over the tough spots , look CCM he never told anybody how things really work still wanted to keep supporting , even with the bad treatment they gave him !

just they are powerless ! So just go FTP , you cannot sustain 12 months of syndicate wars !
Especially legit , no matter how many millions you have in the bank account !
Cause things will not change sadly :(

tam...
07-23-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't really pay attention to the top prizes... What was it and how was it a joke on the Indians?

A suit of armor with attack of : maybe 12,000 plus. Defense of about 24,000 points. These numbers are not accurate but are fairly close The prize was a good prize to win if you needed an increase in defense.

GucciMane
07-23-2013, 07:16 PM
I actually agree with Bill. It's pretty pathetic seeing <50k IPH players well into Tier 3 or Tier 4 with significantly lower stats being able to rob so freely. These past 2 war cycles have rewarded players who leveled without abandon without spending an ounce of time planning out their hood. The Mayor almost gave twice the attack bonus to defense bonus.

Defense buildings actually *need* some utility in this game. Especially the gold ones ($$$ gree......). Chemical Plant has the SAME design as this new Shiner's Mill, but no one even raised it as an issue because almost no one buys the chem plant in the first place. When I see a player with nothing but defense buildings I immediately disregard his defensive stat.

Dravak
07-23-2013, 07:24 PM
A suit of armor with attack of : maybe 12,000 plus. Defense of about 24,000 points. These numbers are not accurate but are fairly close The prize was a good prize to win if you needed an increase in defense.

and in three months time if they need income , those items are top 25 or top 50 !
Definetly for free next year ! Or as top boss reward !

Maybe looks important now you need defense , but truth is redundant in the longterm !

tam...
07-23-2013, 10:03 PM
And I bet there are still a lot of players who get a buzz when someone attacks or tries to rob them and they bounce off the peeps defense....and that player thinks. Sucker..you lost against me

sister morphine
07-23-2013, 11:24 PM
And if it had been won by a Fight Club member? Why single out Indians? It could be, but if that guy has a rival who could win 1 in 5 and can now only win 1 in 10 that's an advantage to him surely.

In the end any prize is a joke on a stat basis alone. How many make any difference to who you can beat up, or to who can beat you up. Like Dravak says only certain modifiers are of any real importance really.

tam...
07-23-2013, 11:44 PM
And if it had been won by a Fight Club member? Why single out Indians? It could be, but if that guy has a rival who could win 1 in 5 and can now only win 1 in 10 that's an advantage to him surely.

In the end any prize is a joke on a stat basis alone. How many make any difference to who you can beat up, or to who can beat you up. Like Dravak says only certain modifiers are of any real importance really.

Oh, you didn't know it was won by a member of the Indian Nation ? News flash : Remember you read it here first.

sister morphine
07-24-2013, 12:48 AM
Oh yes I knew that. The name meant nothing to me but was there when I sneaked a peak at IN during the event.

Butt Futter
07-24-2013, 04:32 AM
Geeze Bill makes a comment on the changing dynamics of the game and you think he is complaining at / on a individual level

No wonder Gree doesn't bother to fix things, it would take some of you 6 months to realize that there is a problem.

You really found lead paint chips tasty as a kid didn't you?

wa7sh
07-24-2013, 06:32 AM
this thread is so pointless.

ShawnBB
07-24-2013, 10:15 AM

Because those "some people" think defense is so important...

You go Avon! I'm always a fan of higher defense.

JMills109
07-24-2013, 10:37 AM
For the most part, Only those who've been top 10 or better in all or almost all of the syndicate events have attack scores higher than defense. In particular, the 10% alliance attack boost from the very first war makes a crazy difference.

I also believe this is why the top 10 prize for this upcoming event is a defense boost.

tam...
07-24-2013, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=Butt Futter;884268]You really found lead paint chips tasty as a kid didn't you?[/]

Ouch, what a well thought out and witty retort

That's sarcasm by the way