PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate merge/friendly takeover - opinions

Project Phoenix
07-22-2013, 07:49 PM
We are a group of pretty seasoned players trying to decide best course of action. We have decided to come together in a new syndicate and have to decide on how to 'incorporate'

We could start a brand new syn, however, 'recycling/reusing' an existing syn is obviously more attractive bonus wise.

Have any of you successfully offered and completed a friendly take over of this nature? How did you structure it?

There are undoubtedly struggling syns where leaders/some players are putting up strong efforts that unfortunately doesn't bring desired results. Our take is that a merger/takeover could bring a core group the benefit of playing at the level they wanted and obviously us the benefit of not starting from scratch.

Opinions, experiences, comments?

Randolph
07-22-2013, 07:53 PM
It will be hard to find a team that will give you command as they have no control over their own future and no guarantee that they will not get booted right after they give over the command. My 2 cents is that you can better merge without control and benefit that way. As long as you find a good team with a good leader that knows what he is talking about you all would benefit :-)

Curtis Snow
07-22-2013, 08:01 PM
How many people in your syn are trying to merge? My syndicate ranked in the top 1000 last battle with only about 12 active players out 30 so we can boot some kids to make room for very active players to help us rank higher in the next battle. Let me know.

Curtis Snow
07-22-2013, 08:03 PM
We also have 25 bonuses. Forgot to mention that.

assisi805
07-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Yeah how many do you have? Our syn finished 242 last time and we just booted 15 slackers so we have room for a large group. A few more could even be removed if need be. We also have all bonuses -2 so we're close to max. PM if this is something you may be interested in.

montecore
07-22-2013, 08:08 PM
We are a group of pretty seasoned players trying to decide best course of action. We have decided to come together in a new syndicate and have to decide on how to 'incorporate'

We could start a brand new syn, however, 'recycling/reusing' an existing syn is obviously more attractive bonus wise.

Have any of you successfully offered and completed a friendly take over of this nature? How did you structure it?

There are undoubtedly struggling syns where leaders/some players are putting up strong efforts that unfortunately doesn't bring desired results. Our take is that a merger/takeover could bring a core group the benefit of playing at the level they wanted and obviously us the benefit of not starting from scratch.

Opinions, experiences, comments?

find people you trust who trust you to lead their syndicate. come to an agreement that all parties feel is fair and stick to it. an ideal fit is probably out there and a win/win is likely if you all honor the first bit.

Project Phoenix
07-22-2013, 08:10 PM
It will be hard to find a team that will give you command as they have no control over their own future and no guarantee that they will not get booted right after they give over the command. My 2 cents is that you can better merge without control and benefit that way. As long as you find a good team with a good leader that knows what he is talking about you all would benefit :-)

I completely understand that and I do not expect anyone to want to give up control of a solid functioning syn.

This would more be of the nature that things are falling apart around you and rather than ending up with nothing at least save the bits. Similar to when companies fall in disarray, do you want to see the work fall in the ditch or look beyond yourself and see it live on, even if not in the old form. You know, save a couple of the jobs even if you end up not being there in control.

I am approaching this with no expectations. If it is possible then great, if not then nothing has been lost by trying.

Randolph
07-22-2013, 08:15 PM
True that and i wish you good luck with finding a syn that wants to work with you on that, if not your welcome in ours :-)

Project Phoenix
07-22-2013, 08:48 PM
I appreciate all the comments, advice, interest and well wishes.

This is something we are serious about, obviously it is difficult for anyone to know what they would be getting so reluctance is going to be natural. The right fit is a syndicate that currently doesn't run well, quite possible with a core group who about have had it. They are out there I think

Curtis Snow
07-22-2013, 08:54 PM
I appreciate all the comments, advice, interest and well wishes.

This is something we are serious about, obviously it is difficult for anyone to know what they would be getting so reluctance is going to be natural. The right fit is a syndicate that currently doesn't run well, quite possible with a core group who about have had it. They are out there I think

What is your syndicate currently ranked and how many bonuses do you guys have? My syndicate has a steady active core of about 8 players all friends and family and we are looking for good active players that will help us rank up in the next battle.

And like I said we have 30 members and we can kick about half of them for not contributing. And we have 25 bonuses and are hard working to get more.

Project Phoenix
07-23-2013, 12:51 AM
After getting a surprising amount of responses I am now sure this is a possibility.

There has been a lot of general merger suggestions and also several parties interested in our main suggestion. A good development has been referrals from people who are not in need of an arrangement themselves, but who have friends who do. It is greatly appreciated that people take the time to refer; thank you for that.

marcus...
07-23-2013, 01:48 AM
Maybe a little more info would help.

How many of you are there?
What are your ambitions? - I know top 50 expect around 50k IP per player minimum and 5.5mil as a group to have a chance, top 25 in excess of 100k pp minimum.
Therefore... What is the average IP between your group, whether it be pp or as a whole?

This sort of info will narrow you down a target, and there are plenty of groups around that don't run 100% through their leader. I wouldn't be able to cope without the assistance of great officers. I just take the brunt of abuse when tough decisions need to be made after an agreement by the officers. If you are punching high, as in top 75+, your best bet is to amalgamate with officer status and assist with the running of things. In my syndicate the 'leader' next to my name doesn't set me apart from anyone else.

Homer Jay
07-23-2013, 04:33 AM
Maybe a little more info would help.

How many of you are there?
What are your ambitions? - I know top 50 expect around 50k IP per player minimum and 5.5mil as a group to have a chance, top 25 in excess of 100k pp minimum.
Therefore... What is the average IP between your group, whether it be pp or as a whole?

This sort of info will narrow you down a target, and there are plenty of groups around that don't run 100% through their leader. I wouldn't be able to cope without the assistance of great officers. I just take the brunt of abuse when tough decisions need to be made after an agreement by the officers. If you are punching high, as in top 75+, your best bet is to amalgamate with officer status and assist with the running of things. In my syndicate the 'leader' next to my name doesn't set me apart from anyone else.

I can confirm that!

Homer Jay
07-23-2013, 06:31 AM
I know a few dentists...

if they play cc and are strong enough send them over :cool:

Hempboy420
07-23-2013, 08:19 AM
The only way you should do it is if you trust the leadership of the group you are joining. We had a faction is MW that had every bonus unlocked. Our bone head leadership decided to take on a new team and give up leadership of OUR TEAM. New team came in, fought one battle and then closed faction and took their old members to a new faction. GREED would not do anything to help us get our fully maxed out faction back online.

The Reaper
07-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Rising Phoenix is interested. We are a very organized team with 96 bonuses already, but are in need of some seasoned players to replace some of the mediocre dead weight we still have. We have placed in the mid-50's, but we lost some players early on and have worked to recover since. We have been Top 250 regularly, but have the capability to get into Top 150 with a few more seasoned, active players. We were previously Lucas Mob, but during the rebuilding effort we aptly renamed ourselves.

We track all player stats and have some very sophisticated spreadsheet wizardry available for all members, including LTQ planning. GroupMe is our communication app of choice and we have an external forum as well.

We can accommodate quite a few players, please message me for more info.

Project Phoenix
07-23-2013, 12:03 PM
All good points above guys, well taken and appreciate the inputs. Frankly this is happening quicker than expected, but that is a good thing.

Group is at least 16 people, could be more. Stats range from just under 200K to over 400K, some pushing towards 500K. Stat is pretty naturally distributed going from low level to high level in the range. There is a 500K+ defense person included

IP: A good average over several wars is 600K-650K for the 16 people total. So not upper most reaches.

jmeijer
07-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Hi Phoenix,

I can imagine that it's a difficult situation for you. A group of 16 people leaving a syndicate is quite a large operation! You guys have very nice stats by the way, I got to give you credits for that.

I would start my own syndicate if I were you. You can decide what your policy is going to be from day 1, you can set up your own spreadsheet and you can take care of upgrades/requests/removals/hideouts (et cetera) way quicker. You can also make your own name and don't have to use someone else's. I actually like the name 'Project Phoenix'!

There are two negative points about starting a new syndicate: you have to recruit new people and you haven't unlocked syndicate bonuses. Could you tell me if there are some people with a nice IPH involved? If so, don't hesitate and start a new one.

Legen...dary
07-24-2013, 01:58 AM
Hi Phoenix,
Could you tell me if there are some people with a nice IPH involved? If so, don't hesitate and start a new one.

...and by "nice IPH" he means over 10mil/hr so you can afford the bonuses in under 5 years.

the_brein
07-24-2013, 02:30 AM
Merging is always tricky business. Most the time people say they are looking for a merger, when what they really mean is that they want to recruit many players to fill their slots. No one wants to give up control of something they worked hard for. So they'll call it a merger. Then when you inquire, they actually mean to recruit you.

If you have some nice iph among your team, then start up a new one and recruit. If you don't, then look at the winners lists for the last few wars and pick a tier you'd like to be in. Look up some of those teams in the recruitment forum and inquire of the ip requirements.

Beware of teams advertising a merger. It usually means a big portion of the team left, or they never we at full membership. A good merger will often times result in two syndicates working together.

jmeijer
07-24-2013, 03:40 AM
...and by "nice IPH" he means over 10mil/hr so you can afford the bonuses in under 5 years.You're trying to be funny, but you are not. Don't try to talk for me please.

I mean like 2,5m and over.

Enforcer
07-24-2013, 06:21 PM
The following is an attempt to get a "top 1500" syn with 3 or 4 +5% bonuses and 20 members into a former top 750 syn that barely fell into the top 1000 last battle and cleaned house.

Player:What you be interested in merging with a top 750 syn?

Syn leader:Sure i'd be interested, but only if they came on with us. I'm sure with the merger we'd be pushing for top 500 easy. Let me know!
Syn leader: I could drop a few more people and fit in however many people you need as well as promote whoever to officers....

Player: the other syn already has 8 maxed out bonuses and the +36 member increase. we can fit 16 more members.

Syn leader:No thanks. Besides if i was going to leave my syndicate i've had offers for maxed bonus syndicates i would goto one of them not a struggling, s h i t t y 20 person syndicate. Thanks for wasting my time.
Syn leader: Now you can donate a few of those millions for wasting my time and kindly don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Player lists all bonuses of the top 750 syn

Syn leader: Haha yeah and you're probably the weakest person i. The syndicate. I love when i come across 'camper' accounts like you. Spend all that time building up your income just so i can rob it all from you. Like i said enjoy your s h i t t y struggling syndicate. You were getting removed either way. We just wanted to try and get some money from you first. Doesn't really matter tho we have people donating millions every day so go weasel your way into another syndicate, goof.

bimmer kid
07-24-2013, 07:22 PM
this has pretty much been handled & taken care of. thanks to everyone for your help/considerations

Watoosy
07-25-2013, 11:11 AM
I will miss seeing that picture on our syndicate wall, bimmer!

Deadwater
07-25-2013, 11:43 AM
This is completed and we are moving forward now..looking ahead to see everyone in battles..once gree changes our syn name

Project Phoenix
07-26-2013, 12:23 AM
To anyone who read this thread and participated, thank you for your interest and participation.

I will end with answering the question I had for myself when starting this thread: Is this something that is possible to see through?

The answer is YES! It is very possible.

Of all the variations suggested and explored we ended up with the original proposition. A syn that was dying/dead was offered for takeover. We were fully honest about our intention and gave notice to remaining members that we would essentially close shop and only use the building save for a few members.

Thank you for all the many varied offers received, I believe I managed to address everyone that took the time to respond.

In the end we had secured multiple deals that would work, I was able to pass on the ones we did not use to people who contacted me asking for leads.

So for anyone thinking about doing something similar, I can hereby share with the community that this works well, just be honest about what it is you want to do and there is no reason not to go for it.

marcus...
07-26-2013, 02:40 PM
This is completed and we are moving forward now..looking ahead to see everyone in battles..once gree changes our syn name

I've sent NUMEROUS tickets regarding a syndicate name change. If you manage to have this done, please post here so I can confirm GREE just throws my tickets in the trash before taking even a glimpse.

MattThomas08
07-26-2013, 04:03 PM
You can rename a syndicate. You just need to have the leader send in a ticket and request it. For the anal people, you can also change your 3 letter tag thing, though I'm not sure the purpose of it.

marcus...
07-26-2013, 04:35 PM
You can rename a syndicate. You just need to have the leader send in a ticket and request it. For the snap people, you can also change your 3 letter tag thing, though I'm not sure the purpose of it.

Done, several times. I gave up and assumed it wasn't possible. I've heard of a few teams doing it now, so time for some more ticket sending.

Thanks