PDA

View Full Version : New Event: Blueprints

Evil Mastermind
07-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Just another idea for our friends at GREE.

Event Name: Evil Mastermind's BluePrint Challenge (yes you must name it after me)
Duration: 3-4 days.

Here's how it works. When the event begins an icon appears just like for any case event. Tap on the icon and the event progress screen will appear. Within this screen, there will be three empty grids to fill with pieces of a blueprint. I would recommend 15- 20 pieces be required to fill each grid to complete the blueprint for the specific unit.

1st grid: blueprint for "Super" unit (300-400 stats)
2nd grid: blueprint for "Elite" unit (1000-1500 stats)
3rd grid: blueprint for "Evil Mastermind's" unit (3000-4000 stats)

Units can be randomly selected each event between infantry, ground, air, or sea for the above designations. Blueprint pieces would be random loot drops from any PVP or PVE mission just like the case drops. Obviously, there would be a few select pieces of each blueprint that would be "rare" drops (especially for the Elite and Mega Unit).

Here's the catch. Whichever grid fills up first is the unit that is awarded. The event is over for you and that unit is awarded at that time. However, there is a way to avoid getting the Super & Elite unit if you so choose to take the risk and push forward for the Evil Mastermind's unit. At any time you may clear the grid of all collected blueprint pieces on the Super and Elite grids. This will cost you 25 gold to clear a grid each time (and yes there needs to be an "are you sure you want to clear for 25 gold safety feature"). Grids may require clearing multiple times throughout an event to avoid acquiring the lower stat unit. By clearing a grid you can continue on collecting pieces for whichever blueprint you want to try and complete.

Sound fun?

Zulfiqaar
07-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Great idea..much better than the simple collect 10, blueprints look much cooler than a progress bar
Not so sure about some of the other aspects, but keep up the Evil ideas!!

PS this needs to be completeable for free, but difficult, not impossible, not certain

Evil Mastermind
07-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Great idea..much better than the simple collect 10, blueprints look much cooler than a progress bar
Not so sure about some of the other aspects, but keep up the Evil ideas!!

PS this needs to be completeable for free, but difficult, not impossible, not certain

There would be luck involved just like with the collect 10. Possible for free but likely would require gold to reset the other grids to achieve the Evil Mastermind's unit. But not impossible without gold. Yes, I would foresee most free players only being able to achieve the the "Super" unit but with luck maybe an "Elite" or "Evil Mastermind's" unit occasionally.

Oceanz
07-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Sounds pretty cool.

Crime City's briefcase event this past weekend added an extra twist as well. As well as getting prizes for collecting 3, 5, 7, 9 and 10 pieces of intel, or whatever the particular unit you wanted to get was to get the "super prize" for collecting 10 of them, they also had a separate event where you tried to collect 6 or 8 different weapons. So if you don't get a piece of intel, you might get a decent 60/40 unit, but if you collected all the possible drop units, you'd complete that goal and get a nice 5000/4000 or so prize.

Evil Mastermind
07-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Sounds pretty cool.

Crime City's briefcase event this past weekend added an extra twist as well. As well as getting prizes for collecting 3, 5, 7, 9 and 10 pieces of intel, or whatever the particular unit you wanted to get was to get the "super prize" for collecting 10 of them, they also had a separate event where you tried to collect 6 or 8 different weapons. So if you don't get a piece of intel, you might get a decent 60/40 unit, but if you collected all the possible drop units, you'd complete that goal and get a nice 5000/4000 or so prize.

I enjoyed the LTQ within the case event myself. Was fortunate enough to get both the 10 item event explosive and the "Getaway" car. Hope to see that twist in MW as well.

General Soviet
07-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Sounds pretty cool.

There's something like that in Kingdom Age as well, they should add it here.

This idea sounds like it could be very fun, I would definitely enjoy seeing it in game. At least the prizes would be better than the ones in the current LTQ...

D1E Luke
07-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Oh boy, a puzzle!

IlliniFan1
07-22-2013, 11:12 PM
This sounds like a cool, new event. I would definitely do this.

Evil Mastermind
07-23-2013, 08:53 AM
This sounds like a cool, new event. I would definitely do this.

Thank you for your support.

candyson
07-23-2013, 09:00 AM
Why only 25 gold for a reset? Make it higher, people will buy it anyway.
Exit: or make it 25 gold to remove a piece, and once you complete the blueprint, you can't remove any pieces.

Evil Mastermind
07-23-2013, 09:41 AM
Why only 25 gold for a reset? Make it higher, people will buy it anyway.
Exit: or make it 25 gold to remove a piece, and once you complete the blueprint, you can't remove any pieces.

Just a concept. GREE can assign any gold amount they see appropriate.

jchow69
07-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Good idea, the units aren't bad and I like it.

OwainCymro
07-23-2013, 11:15 AM
I won't lie, I really like your idea. But one issue- why is it 3-4 days long? This seems like something most people would complete in less than a day, and I can imagine that a lot of the top players will be bore and fidgety before its over! Great innovative idea though! Maybe just a bit too long

jchow69
07-23-2013, 01:53 PM
I won't lie, I really like your idea. But one issue- why is it 3-4 days long? This seems like something most people would complete in less than a day, and I can imagine that a lot of the top players will be bore and fidgety before its over! Great innovative idea though! Maybe just a bit too long

It's not really long if ur a free player like me.

BigD@wg
07-23-2013, 02:02 PM

I would imagine it is to give free players a chance.

Evil Mastermind
07-23-2013, 02:12 PM

The top players will always finish events like this early. Gold players finish LTQs first. Gold players finish collect 10 events first. Gold players upgrade LE buildings first. This would be no different.

One aspect you may have overlooked is that these pieces will drop at random and not all pieces will drop with the same % drop rate. Some pieces will be hard to obtain. That is the reason for the 3-4 day duration and the reset function on the lower blueprint items.

Evil Mastermind
07-23-2013, 02:18 PM
I would imagine it is to give free players a chance.

That would be a side effect, not the reason. The longer an event duration, the more time allocated for enticing players to spend. There is a window of opportunity. Long enough to entice. Short enough to promote spending.

Players that get far enough into an event for free are tempted to spend to complete. If the event were only one day, then only heavy gold players would attempt it. You must entice the light and medium gold players too.

DavidtheBoo
07-23-2013, 02:19 PM
You have brought out a brilliant idea, i would definately like it as free player

Evil Mastermind
07-23-2013, 02:28 PM
You have brought out a brilliant idea, i would definately like it as free player

candyson
07-23-2013, 03:31 PM
Why can't we have this guy in the Gree office, the game would provide much more entertainment, and make a lot more money.