PDA

View Full Version : iPad hangs up when loading: MY FIX

xRedfoxx
07-22-2013, 05:59 PM
For those of you that are having problems getting Crime City to run on their iPads, here is what I had to do. I hope this helps. FYI, I have a second account on my wife’s iPad which is loaded to iCloud under my wife’s account. My main Crime City toon is on my account played from my iPhone.

Background
My 16 month old dropped my wife’s iPad from the coffee table. Seems like a simple fall, but the screen went all static on me. I took it to the Apple store, and they said they couldn’t fix it. They recommended I buy a new one. They said they could try a hard reset but it was likely a broken hard drive. So they wiped my iPad. And no it didn’t work.

So I refused to buy a new one. I could tell the screen was not broken. I felt that something had just been jolted loose or something. So I found a local company who offered to work on iPads. I took it in, and 24 hours later, the wire that had broken from the fall had been repaired. So now I had a working iPad that had been wiped and reset (from the Apple visit).

I get home and try a restore on my iPad on my computer. I did this on my laptop, not my wife’s. When I plugged in the iPad, iTunes opened up in my account not my wife’s. So I logged off and then reclogged in my wife’s name. I then synced. It didn’t seem to work. So I downloaded Crime City HD from the ap store. Once downloaded, it would never connect……..it would give me an error of Unrecognized Server Response. Please Try Again In A Few Moments.

So I deleted Crime City HD and tried the regular version of Crime City. It wouldn’t load either. It would just sit there with the spinning “I’m loading’ wheel.

Solution
Gree took a while to get back with me. But when they did, the solution they recommended didn’t seem to work. They offered this advice: suggest you to sync your device to the i-tunes, remove the app from your device. Then delete the back up data from your app library and then re-install the game again
I did this several times, but it never fixed the problem. I even went so far as to wipe the iPad again, and reload the game with no resync. Same issue over and over.

As I mentioned, turns out that when I synced my wife’s iPad on my PC, it was pulling up iTunes on my account. So even though I would log out when iTunes started and log back in with my wife’s account, that process was somehow locking the game up or loading conflicting information.

So this last time I FIRST loaded iTunes, logged myself out, logged in my wife, THEN plugged in the iPad and synced and loaded Crime City HD. All is working well now.

So the solution Gree sent me was spot on, but having two accounts seemed to be the culprit.

I hope this helps some of you guys!!

Happy Playing!

Sinner
07-23-2013, 06:43 AM
Neopeeonme seems bit grumpy and might live under a bridge

Kh107_cca
07-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Mines never messed up....